Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? (8492 Views)

.. / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 7:22am On Feb 17, 2008
Pls i need information about Dublin in Irland,websites,education system,citizeship,thier economy status,policies on immigration.A good frietold me it's a better alternative country to Uk to live in.Pls any Nairalander with useful information on this should pls do the needful. Expecting to read from you guys,Especially Nairalanders living & working in Dublin.

Cheers
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Vicjustice: 11:17am On Feb 17, 2008
Man, you should have read other posts that virtually answered all the questions that you just asked before creating a new thread requesting repetition of answers.
Among other threads and posts, i'll pass you a link to the one in which i narrated some of my personal observation based on my experience. Read:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94557.0.html
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 11:57am On Feb 17, 2008
[b]* It's more or less frequently raining in Ireland: temperate maritime; modified by North Atlantic Current; mild winters, cool summers; consistently humid; overcast about half the time.
Ireland and the UK have their hands full and tight with immigrants; both documented and undocumented, students and families, asylum seekers and naturalised dwellers.
Though there are opportunities in these two countries, and while Ireland may be appealing because of its rich and generous social welfare programmes, if you're a student, you're only like any other African or Asia students once in Ireland because, the education system (for those who are already in the state) is come-one-come-all: so, doing your education here does not guarantee you anything enviable afterall, asylum seekers and undocumented immigrants from African and Asia do attend same schools. But once you're permitted to work in Ireland, believe me, they pay more than most big name countries in the world, not even the USA nor the UK can compete with Ireland in minimum wages.
Irish people are very nice but extremely lazy, they enjoy the extravagant "social welfare" system here which makes them unwilling to work: they go to the post office every friday to collect free Social, Unemployment, Disability, Sick, or House Allowance "benefit" which is usally 246 Euro ($354) per week: There are also child benefits for every single child in Ireland irrespective of the parent/s status; too many Nigerian women are single parents in Ireland.
There use to be immigration programmes schemes organised by the Irish government in poor Asian countries like Bangladesh China and the Philippines, this was designed to import working immigrants to the benefit of the Irish economy which has boosted remarkably in recent years, in fact, it's rated the 2nd best in the word after Luxembourg. This programme came to a halt when it became dawn that the EU would expand by 10 additional countries mainly from East Europe with feeble economies, and their citizens would flock into Ireland sooner or later.
Currently, there are about six hundred thousand Polish nationals in Ireland alone which means, one in four people you see in Ireland is Polish; thus making things complicated for the government to consider giving documents to Asylum seekers: the Irish authority believes that they have more than enough immigrants.
In the past, there used to be an immigration law that says whoever is born in Ireland (irrespective of the parents immigration status) is automatically an Irish Born Citizen (IBC), and their mothers are given residence status of PIBC (Parents of Irish Born Citizen) residence status known as the Stamp4 recidence card. until December 2004 after Poland and other poor countries joined the European Union. There is seldom border control between the UK and the Republic of Ireland, this made it easy for undocumented pregnant women in the UK to enter the country and give birth to Irish Citizens. Many people, both single and married African women forced themselves pregnant without husbands or regular boyfriends. . . Things became funny when the single mothers would receive payments of up to 5000 Euro from Nigerian men who would claim to be the arriving fathers of the IBCs in order to get the PIBC status. The Irish authority have been fooled in thousands of such frauds, until they introduced the DNA test into immigration which eventually led to the arrest and fleeing of many men who have already benefited from the IBC fraud.
Many Nigerian women that got pregnant and came to Ireland to give brith are now facing frustration in Ireland with their kid/s because the IBC law was amended before they could give birth. They now live in asylum seekers hostels nationwide with uncertain futures. Some have been deported and many more have been served deportation letters
[/b]

so much Vicjustice. your thread above was very educative & informative for me.But i will still need your sincere advice on the current status of illegall immigrants there now.

It was actually your post & opinion i was really seeking when i initiated this subject, Actually the relocation is for my wife & 1 year old son. Mu greatest regret in life is that i did not school abroad.Ofcourse this in so fault of mine ,but i 've vowed not to let myson be a victim of such regret. Now i know there as an illegal immigrant could be risky,but my wife & i have actually discussed it & we are willing to take a chance all because of a good education for my boy.I believe with time she& the boy will get a resident/migrant status.

We intend to apply 1st for the 6 months visitation in which they will come back to Niaja ofcorse & reapply for the 2yrs visa b4 the final relocation. pls profer the best way or best immigrant scheme we can apply for to be legal residents . i am really desperate about this & this must happen this year as a similer plan last year failed when we applied for uk visa (visitation)
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Vicjustice: 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2008
shimfe:

so much Vicjustice. your thread above was very educative & informative for me.But i will still need your sincere advice on the current status of illegall immigrants there now.

It was actually your post & opinion i was really seeking when i initiated this subject, Actually the relocation is for my wife & 1 year old son. Mu greatest regret in life is that i did not school abroad.Ofcourse this in so fault of mine ,but i 've vowed not to let myson be a victim of such regret. Now i know there as an illegal immigrant could be risky,but my wife & i have actually discussed it & we are willing to take a chance all because of a good education for my boy.I believe with time she& the boy will get a resident/migrant status.

We intend to apply 1st for the 6 months visitation in which they will come back to Niaja ofcorse & reapply for the 2yrs visa before the final relocation. please profer the best way or best immigrant scheme we can apply for to be legal residents . i am really desperate about this & this must happen this year as a similer plan last year failed when we applied for uk visa (visitation)

Asylum seekers are not having hard times here, they enjoy freedom of movement within the republic (not confined to a limited location).
  While their asylum cases are pending, they're entitled to a weekly pay ("benefit"wink of E246, but because they usually live in government provided accommodations and do eat government provided meals plus various health and material maintenances, they are eventually paid only E19 after deducting the entire cost of living from their entitled sum: mind you, there's no deduction from child benefit allowance, that means, every child (irrespective of his/her parent/s legal status) is entitled to an allowance of 160 Euro per Month until s/he becomes 18 years of age.
  Most asylum seekers (if not all) do know how to find their ways around, (but it's not appropriate for me to narrate such here) believe me, some asylum seekers are better off than many people with residence permit.
  If you need further info or if you think i can be of any assistant, Contact me...
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2008
Thanks so muc vijustice.Pls what is the difference btw Asylum seekers & illegal immigrants? Are you saying they enjoy freedom of movement within the republic & those benefits you mentioned? Do you hav an idea of how long it takes them to gain legal status?
Also really need to know if my move to relocate them alone is wise.because from what you said above ,i think this is exactly what i need for my son to grow up i that enviroment .
Check your mail box i sent you a more detailed mail for more of you assistance
Thanks man.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Vicjustice: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2008
An illegal immigrant is someone who entered the country without authorisation, but an asylum seeker is someone who had declared himself to the authority stating his case and the reason for which he believes he should be granted a right to stay as a refugee under the Geneva convetion.
  The period of time an asylum seeker has to wait before his case is decided is not something one can really predict, it has got a lot to do with the nationality of the asylum seeker, his circumstances and background and (most considerably) the nature of case that he pleads.
  It might not be too easy for Nigerians because, they've heard a lot of out story+story=STORY.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2008
Ok but i need to know if an illegal immigrant enjoy same benefits like the asylum seekers.esspecially if a woman with a baby who is not an IBC & a woman with an IBC lives there .?
i am yet to get detailed reply from your mail box.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2008
Also want to know if someone with a visiiting visa enjoys freedom & these benefits even if the visa eventually expires & the visitor refuses to come home .

1 Like

Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Vicjustice: 2:18am On Feb 18, 2008
shimfe:

Ok but i need to know if an illegal immigrant enjoy same benefits like the asylum seekers.esspecially if a woman with a baby who is not an IBC & a woman with an IBC lives there .?
i am yet to get detailed reply from your mail box.
shimfe:

Also want to know if someone with a visiiting visa enjoys freedom & these benefits even if the visa eventually expires & the visitor refuses to come home .

Most asylum seekers are indeed "illegal immigrants" that want their stay legalised by means of refugee status: an "illegal immigrant" who declares himself to the Irish "MINISTRY OF JUSTICE, EQUALITY AND LAW REFORM" is known as an asylum seeker, and he gets the so called benefits. There exist some people who actually got into the country by legal means, but they sought asylum as they also became illegal residence when their visas expired.
As for mothers and children; (like i said earlier), every child (irrespective of the parent/s residence status) enjoys the child's benefit allowance until s/he turns 18, so there's no difference between the child's benefit allowance of the IBC and that of the non IBC since they both receive a compulsory sum of 160 euro per month.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 5:16pm On Feb 18, 2008
Hi Vicjustice,

Thaks for all you contributions & advice,but need you to check your email for a very crucial & important question i need you to answer & profer likely options & solutions to.,pls i will be expectig your reply via same medium.
Hope to hear soonest
Cheers
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Ariston: 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2008
Hello Sirs

Couldnt help noticing the discourse and think that while the originator of the topic can be excused for his fatherly concern over the well-being of his child,You Sir(Vicjustice) havent warned him as rigorously as you should about the near insurmountable task of gaining asylum in Ireland,the possible scenarios are as follows

http://www.metroeireann.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=943&Itemid=50
http://www.metroeireann.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=844&Itemid=50

More notably this quote from the very new Immigration bill for Ireland

A total of 3,985 asylum applications were received in 2007 which represents the lowest annual total since 1997 and is a decrease of 66% on the 2002 figure. "This reduction results from the implementation of strategies aimed at combating, across the spectrum, abuses of the asylum process where 90% of asylum applications are unfounded. This Bill will underpin that strategy by ensuring more efficient and streamlined processing and removals arrangements."

Among the innovative features of the Bill are provisions to prevent the misuse of the judicial process by a foreign national solely for the purposes of frustrating their removal from the State.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Launch_of_new_Immigration_Bill

Simply,they may make entry,they might even start the asylum seeking process but the odds are that they will be sent to a deportation centre and summarily deported.You Sir(shimfe)should weigh your options with great care,as an adult you cannot be too careful about your sons life,this may just be a gamble too costly.Think about it.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2008
Ariston:

Hello Sirs

Couldnt help noticing the discourse and think that while the originator of the topic can be excused for his fatherly concern over the well-being of his child,You Sir(Vicjustice) havent warned him as rigorously as you should about the near insurmountable task of gaining asylum in Ireland,the possible scenarios are as follows

http://www.metroeireann.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=943&Itemid=50
http://www.metroeireann.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=844&Itemid=50

More notably this quote from the very new Immigration bill for Ireland

A total of 3,985 asylum applications were received in 2007 which represents the lowest annual total since 1997 and is a decrease of 66% on the 2002 figure. "This reduction results from the implementation of strategies aimed at combating, across the spectrum, abuses of the asylum process where 90% of asylum applications are unfounded. This Bill will underpin that strategy by ensuring more efficient and streamlined processing and removals arrangements."

Among the innovative features of the Bill are provisions to prevent the misuse of the judicial process by a foreign national solely for the purposes of frustrating their removal from the State.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Launch_of_new_Immigration_Bill

Simply,they may make entry,they might even start the asylum seeking process but the odds are that they will be sent to a deportation centre and summarily deported.You Sir(shimfe)should weigh your options with great care,as an adult you cannot be too careful about your sons life,this may just be a gamble too costly.Think about it.

@Ariston
I appreciate you for this Key information. So i ask you both What other legal options do i have? Can they stay there & still get al the benefits with a 2years Visitiation visa incase they renew thier visa after the expiration of the first one.
What are the processes & requirements to get a resident permit or work permit then .I am willing to try anything Legit as long as it cool.

So are you saying caqtegorically that my earlier move foer them to seek asylum is not worth the risk going by the current info in your post? What are my chances?
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Vicjustice: 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2008
shimfe:

@Ariston
I appreciate you for this Key information. So i ask you both What other legal options do i have? Can they stay there & still get al the benefits with a 2years Visitiation visa incase they renew their visa after the expiration of the first one.
What are the processes & requirements to get a resident permit or work permit then .I am willing to try anything Legit as long as it cool.

So are you saying caqtegorically that my earlier move foer them to seek asylum is not worth the risk going by the current info in your post? What are my chances?

Mr Ariston is very right with his contributions. Like i said before, Nigerians do not really stand a good chance for asylum in Ireland; but that doesn't mean that their cases will not be heard (every asylum seeker is usually given a chance to present his case). Every risk is worth taking if the benefit outweighs the sacrifice, but we should not forget that if the risk results to a loss, the LOSS could be devastating.
  Talking about "other legal options", unlike the Mediterranean Europe (Italy, Spain, Portugal Greece etc,) Ireland has never given amnesty to conduct mass legalisation of illegal residence: there are five categories of Irish residence card known as the Garda National Immigration Bureau (or GNIB), they come in Stamp1, Stamp2, Stamp3, Stamp4 and Stamp4EuFam.

Stamp1: Working Holiday Visa/Permit (allowing you to take up temporal jobs while on holidays)
Stamp2: Student Permit (allowing you to work Part Time, not officially more than 20 hours a week)
Stamp3: Work Permit (confining you to the company for which purpose the work permit was issued, you can neither change job nor travel out of the country at random without the permission of your employer: it's in the power of the company to decides whether you stay in Ireland or you leave).
Stamp4: Residence and Work Permit (enabling you reside and work almost anywhere except that it has to be renewed yearly, and also, you need a "re-entry" visa each time you're travelling out of the republic).
Stamp4EuFam: General Rights with no restrictions (this is otherwise known as "RIGHTS TO REMAIN", it is generally issued to those who are Family Members of EU citizens exercising their EU treaty rights of Rome.

So, if as you said, one has a 2 years visa, its very likely that he can obtain the Stamp1 card since its a long term visa.
I don't know if this answers your questions, but i'm just giving you an update of the nature of things regarding immigration and asylum procedures and regulations in Ireland.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 6:54am On Feb 21, 2008
@vicjustice you 've been so helpful & generous with all information given.i see d risk in being an asylum seeker & as such would very much prefer 2 go legit wit one of the steps which is step1 like u also pointed. How ever could u post the website where i can 2 read about all d steps,requirements& documents needed.i'm sure there should be guidance note that will give all the info i need. One question pls. Do u currently live in Dublin?since u knw so much about the country. I'd really like 2 meet u one of these days when u show Niaja again. Cheers
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Vicjustice: 12:35pm On Feb 21, 2008
Stamp1, not "step1" cheesy
I'm sorry, i don't really visit the website perhaps because i don't see any need to do so. Maybe you should do the google search or visit www.justice.ie and make your search from the search box. I sent you an email declaring what you wanted to know and the fact that i live in Co Dublin.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by funkybaby(f): 12:50pm On Feb 21, 2008
I could not help but drop some few lines regarding this thread.

@poster
Why not concentrate first on getting the Irish visiting visa? From what i know about Irish visas (as at 2006), the Irish embassy here in Nigeria only gives first time visitors to Ireland 3 MONTHS SINGLE ENTRY unlike UK that is 6months multiple entry. Secondly, application has to be made at their embassy at Abuja. Like i said these were the rules as at late 2006 and i do not know if the rules has changed. I must also comment here that Irish visiting visas are quite difficult to get. In my own opinion, it is even easier to get UK visa than the irish one. Another thing, if your wife has UK refusal stamp on her passport, i will sincerely advice she takes a another passport to them because that refusal stamp will greatly increase her chances of a refusal. If you go through the thread of visa agents solicting for people to buy visas, you will notice that Irish visas is one of the most expensive-which is because it is difficult to get. Visa decisions are not taken in Nigeria, according to their laws, all applications are taken via diplomatic bag to Ireland where the decision is taken whether the visa is given or not. As a matter of facts, all decisions are posted on a particular website that is normally updated weekly. Like i said earlier, this was the process as at late 2006. Nigerians are rarely given asylum these days except you want to claim you are from Niger Delta and your family or whoever was kidnapped for ransom. (amazing stories people come up with in the name of seeking asylum-i came across a link on a british website about a man that was given asylum cos he claimed his extended family belonged to Ogboni confraternity cult and they were after his life-british peeps granted him,his wife and kids full asylum and they now have british citizenship). So i will advice you weigh your options very well.

@vicjustice
I humbly disagree with you regarding the Stamp 1 being placed on a 2years visiting visa. Work Holiday visas and Visiting/vacation visas are two totally different things. The former permits the holder to seek employment but the later does not.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by funkybaby(f): 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2008
I could not help but drop some few lines regarding this thread.

@poster
Why not concentrate first on getting the Irish visiting visa? From what i know about Irish visas (as at 2006), the Irish embassy here in Nigeria only gives first time visitors to Ireland 3 MONTHS SINGLE ENTRY unlike UK that is 6months multiple entry. Secondly, application has to be made at their embassy at Abuja. Like i said these were the rules as at late 2006 and i do not know if the rules has changed. I must also comment here that Irish visiting visas are quite difficult to get. In my own opinion, it is even easier to get UK visa than the irish one. Another thing, if your wife has UK refusal stamp on her passport, i will sincerely advice she takes a another passport to them because that refusal stamp will greatly increase her chances of a refusal. If you go through the thread of visa agents solicting for people to buy visas, you will notice that Irish visas is one of the most expensive-which is because it is difficult to get. Visa decisions are not taken in Nigeria, according to their laws, all applications are taken via diplomatic bag to Ireland where the decision is taken whether the visa is given or not. As a matter of facts, all decisions are posted on a particular website that is normally updated weekly. Like i said earlier, this was the process as at late 2006. Nigerians are rarely given asylum these days except you want to claim you are from Niger Delta and your family or whoever was kidnapped for ransom. (amazing stories people come up with in the name of seeking asylum-i came across a link on a british website about a man that was given asylum cos he claimed his extended family belonged to Ogboni confraternity cult and they were after his life-british peeps granted him,his wife and kids full asylum and they now have british citizenship). So i will advice you weigh your options very well.

@vicjustice
I humbly disagree with you regarding the Stamp 1 being placed on a 2years visiting visa. Work Holiday visas and Visiting/vacation visas are two totally different things. The former permits the holder to seek employment but the later does not.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Vicjustice: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2008
Funky, i don't know what kind of visa Mr.Shimfe has or would get, but i thought i made it clear that the Stamp1 card is for "working holiday visa" holder, i don't know what you disagree about this.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by funkybaby(f): 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2008
Vic,dont lets start arguing again. Abeg. You stated this in your last post and i quote 'SO, IF AS YOU SAID, ONE HAS A 2YEARS VISA, ITS VERY LIKELY THAT HE CAN OBTAIN THE STAMP 1 CARD SINCE ITS A LONG TERM VISA'.

You typed that very statement, which is what i disagree with. Shrimpe was very clearly and obviously refering to a 2years visitation visa. It was this errorous statement that has made the poster happy and to start thinking that with a 2years visiting visa, he will get work permit(stamp 1) stamped on it
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by holythug(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2008
point of correction, Dublin is not a country tongue
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Vicjustice: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2008
These quotes of mine simply answers any misunderstanding:
"Stamp1: Working Holiday Visa/Permit (allowing you to take up temporal jobs while on holidays)"
 "So, if as you said, one has a 2 years visa, its very likely that he can obtain the Stamp1 card since its a long term visa."
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Dantecmu(m): 10:22am On Feb 22, 2008
Mr shimfe. Mr shimfe. Mr shimfe, How many times did i call you three times, Why do you want to mess yourself up, You are getting everything all wrong its obvious what u want to do, now draw your ears and listen to me don't even think about it , Irish embassy wont in the first place give you more than a three months single entry visa and even if you go and come back you are given another three months single entry visa after which you are entitled to a 1 year multiple entry visa, I know all your intrested in is getting the first three months and eloping with your wife and kids, now the question is this why do you want to punish that woman, sending her to ireland to be an illegal immigrant don't even think about it don't even try it you don't know what you might be getting yourself into. MEN if Na Young boy wan run then its understandable not a married woman with a child, You claim you not being able to school abroad as the source of your wanting to take this decision, are there no student visas why don't you do things the right way with your child, i can authoritatively tell you that you would regret it, no shaking i have being to ireland i have being to the UK, am back in Nigeria even if u wan run why not run in the UK where u have more blacks and you do the running first and then after 15 yrs of suffering and u finally get your papers if you do then you send for your wife and kid , anyways a word is enough for the wise. i i know what am talking about when i mean i know i know. So u better be carefull what you think about so u don't mess Ur life up cus dats what u wanna do,

ciao
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 1:08pm On Feb 22, 2008
Dantecmu:

Mr shimfe. Mr shimfe. Mr shimfe, How many times did i call you three times, Why do you want to mess yourself up, You are getting everything all wrong its obvious what u want to do, now draw your ears and listen to me don't even think about it , Irish embassy wont in the first place give you more than a three months single entry visa and even if you go and come back you are given another three months single entry visa after which you are entitled to a 1 year multiple entry visa, I know all your intrested in is getting the first three months and eloping with your wife and kids, now the question is this why do you want to punish that woman, sending her to ireland to be an illegal immigrant don't even think about it don't even try it you don't know what you might be getting yourself into. MEN if Na Young boy wan run then its understandable not a married woman with a child, You claim you not being able to school abroad as the source of your wanting to take this decision, are there no student visas why don't you do things the right way with your child, i can authoritatively tell you that you would regret it, no shaking i have being to ireland i have being to the UK, am back in Nigeria even if u wan run why not run in the UK where u have more blacks and you do the running first and then after 15 years of suffering and u finally get your papers if you do then you send for your wife and kid , anyways a word is enough for the wise. i i know what am talking about when i mean i know i know. So u better be carefull what you think about so u don't mess your life up cus that is what u want to do,

ciao

@Dantecmu,
Thanks for your contribution & advice .I have carefully wieghed all the options & see reasons with you.Vicjustice did justice in educating me so far for to be wise enough to take the right decision on this . I appreciate you Ariston & funkybaby.You guys were very helpful as well.
I have decided not to go there illigally. I'm gonna get a student visa instead to Uk for my masters & i believe from there on i'll take it slow & steady.

Thank you all & thank You seun,This forum has changed peoples lives for the better .Very educative as well.I am more enlightened now & very exposed as it is.

Pls lets keep up the brotherly Luv. ONE LOVE
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by funkybaby(f): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2008
Dantecmu:

Mr shimfe. Mr shimfe. Mr shimfe, How many times did i call you three times, Why do you want to mess yourself up, You are getting everything all wrong its obvious what u want to do, now draw your ears and listen to me don't even think about it , Irish embassy wont in the first place give you more than a three months single entry visa and even if you go and come back you are given another three months single entry visa after which you are entitled to a 1 year multiple entry visa, I know all your intrested in is getting the first three months and eloping with your wife and kids, now the question is this why do you want to punish that woman, sending her to ireland to be an illegal immigrant don't even think about it don't even try it you don't know what you might be getting yourself into. MEN if Na Young boy wan run then its understandable not a married woman with a child, You claim you not being able to school abroad as the source of your wanting to take this decision, are there no student visas why don't you do things the right way with your child, i can authoritatively tell you that you would regret it, no shaking i have being to ireland i have being to the UK, am back in Nigeria even if u wan run why not run in the UK where u have more blacks and you do the running first and then after 15 years of suffering and u finally get your papers if you do then you send for your wife and kid , anyways a word is enough for the wise. i i know what am talking about when i mean i know i know. So u better be carefull what you think about so u don't mess your life up cus that is what u want to do,

ciao

brilliant.

you have passed the message across humorously. i wanted to speak my mind but if i did it would have resulted in an exchange of words with vicjustice and so i decided to keep my comments to myself (i have promised vic that i will be really nice to him this year).
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by oalamu: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2008
call Doctor Bisi on 234-8034016102 for more information on your request.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Vicjustice: 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2008
funkybaby:

brilliant.

you have passed the message across humorously. i wanted to speak my mind but if i did it would have resulted in an exchange of words with vicjustice and so i decided to keep my comments to myself (i have promised vic that i will be really nice to him this year).

How does Mr. Dantecmu's comment refere to me in any way? I too see reasons with him and i never said anything misleading in any of my posts, go through my comments.
 It's no use promising to be nice to anyone if it's not natural with you, It's a free world and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion: So, i don't appreciate sarcasm.

shimfe:

@Dantecmu,
Thanks for your contribution & advice .I have carefully wieghed all the options & see reasons with you.Vicjustice did justice in educating me so far for to be wise enough to take the right decision on this . I appreciate you Ariston & funkybaby.You guys were very helpful as well.
I have decided not to go there illigally. I'm going to get a student visa instead to Uk for my masters & i believe from there on i'll take it slow & steady.

Thank you all & thank You seun,This forum has changed peoples lives for the better .Very educative as well.I am more enlightened now & very exposed as it is.

Please lets keep up the brotherly Love. ONE LOVE

Mr. Shimfe's comments has answered it all, i was only giving informations of the situations and regulations of things in Ireland and Europe over; i never, and i mean never in any way persuaded him nor any other person to travel abroad or stay back in Nigeria, It's more in my interest to educate people on what i have first-hand informations about than to argue with an arrogant someone.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by ayomifull(f): 8:15pm On Feb 22, 2008
""there's no deduction from child benefit allowance, that means, every child (irrespective of his/her parent/s legal status) is entitled to an allowance of 160 Euro per Month until s/he becomes 18 years of age.""

@Vicjustice, that child benefit allowance has been stopped for assylum seekers its now only paid to children whose parent has legal residence.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by ayomifull(f): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2008
""Stamp4: Residence and Work Permit (enabling you reside and work almost anywhere except that it has to be renewed yearly, and also, you need a "re-entry" visa each time you're travelling out of the republic).""

You only need a re-entry visa once for the duration of the permit, you can travel several times with it, what i mean is if you have a 2 year residence permit, you only need a re-entry visa once for the whole 2 years and you have to renew it when your permit is renewed not each time you travel out of Ireland.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by ayomifull(f): 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2008
""I have decided not to go there illigally. I'm going to get a student visa instead to Uk for my masters & i believe from there on i'll take it slow & steady.""

The best decision! If you have UK student visa your family can join you and after your study if you are furtunate to get a job you may get a working visa. Good luck.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by funkybaby(f): 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2008
@vicjustice
Na me you dey refer to as being arrogant??

Look, i will in the interest of peace take that as a compliment rather than an insult.

Which people are you educating with first hand information You are getting the facts twisted and not saying things plainly as they truly are.

Myself, Dantecmu and now Ayomifull have proved you are wrong. But as usual you will not accept-we all make mistakes and we are all here to learn in this forum, however, the humility in it is accepting such corrections.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by shimfe(m): 11:58pm On Feb 22, 2008
E be like say this vicjustice & funkybaby dig each other o.Why don't u both just hook up,u guyz would make a gud couple.LoL. Anyway u guyz do not need 2 have any rancor over this issue.I sincerely appreciate every single contribution from everybody here.u all have been of immerse help 2 me.if only u know, I would have strayed totaly & end up walking in the dark like a blind man. Thank you all, seun inclusive.My decision still stands Gidigba. Uk student visa ciao.
Re: I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? by Dantecmu(m): 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2008
shimfe:

E be like say this vicjustice & funkybaby dig each other o.Why don't u both just hook up,u guys would make a good couple.LoL. Anyway u guys do not need 2 have any rancor over this issue.I sincerely appreciate every single contribution from everybody here.u all have been of immerse help 2 me.if only u know, I would have strayed totally & end up walking in the dark like a blind man. Thank you all, seun inclusive.My decision still stands Gidigba. Uk student visa ciao.
[/quote
Thank God For you. Sometimes we don't appreciate our present condition until it is taken away from us and then Sometimes its too late to get back that condition, i speak from my own experience. The sky is your limit my brother you got a wife and a kid there is no time for illegalities cus Ur a familyman with responsibilities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. / Rich Global Travels Are Fraudsters, Pls Beware! / Laptops In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.