Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. (19907 Views)

MASSOB Sets August As Deadline For Mass Return Of Igbos From North / South-East Governors Almost Mobilized Buses, Trucks To Evacuate Igbos From North / Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. by coolitempa(f): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
SonOfEl:

dude, where was Gordon prize termed second class? in your inferior brain I guess.

........let me help you further by simplifying this for your puerile mind.......there is a difference between being the champion of africa and champion of the world........ cheesy cheesy...hope you now understand..... grin
Re: My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. by tonychristopher: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
coolitempa:

........let me help you further by simplifying this for your puerile mind.......there is a difference between being the champion of africa and champion of the world........ cheesy cheesy...hope you now understand..... grin

So where did your peeps fall in
Re: My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. by tonychristopher: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
SonOfEl:

a fool like you keep missing the point. where was the Gordon prize rated second class? show me where.

you can't eat your cake and have it. you try to claim and disclaim emeagwali at the same time. hypocrite. coward. you really suck.

Pls forget her..I have gone through her post history and came to conclusion that bi polar disorder is inherent right n her

1 Like

Re: My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. by tonychristopher: 4:42am On Aug 19, 2015
Where is my friend oweniwe
Re: My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. by oweniwe(m): 8:14am On Aug 19, 2015
tonychristopher:
Where is my friend oweniwe

For me, the word "igbo " means only one thing : the generalization name given by the white folks to describe the people living around and east the Niger river.

So if.... just like the ogu/egun people being refered to as yoruba cos the are in the s.w, to the white man in the 18th century, once you are from around d river niger or east of d river, to them, you are igbo.

but for the indigenous people, there was nothing like "igbo". oka (awka) man is simply oka... igbuzor man is simply igbuzor... owerre man is simply owerre... there was nothing like "igbo".

if you go back to the 17th century and call an nnewi man igbo, he will tell you he is nnewi and not igbo.

the word "igbo " is only for socio-political classification the white ppl use to identify lower niger folks.

Culturally, every "igbo" community, are very distinct, though they share similar attributes. you cannot say the cultural practices of idemili, owerre, ikwerre ukwuani etc are all the same. even the language spoken in those areas have slight variations.

so if you call me igbo as a Nigerian, okay... afterall Nigeria is all about ethnic politics ... but in the cultural roots, I am not igbo; I am ukwuani.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. by tonychristopher: 8:58am On Aug 19, 2015
oweniwe:

For me, the word "igbo " means only one thing : the generalization name given by the white folks to describe the people living around and east the Niger river.

So if.... just like the ogu/egun people being refered to as yoruba cos the are in the s.w, to the white man in the 18th century, once you are from around d river niger or east of d river, to them, you are igbo.

but for the indigenous people, there was nothing like "igbo". oka (awka) man is simply oka... igbuzor man is simply igbuzor... owerre man is simply owerre... there was nothing like "igbo".

if you go back to the 17th century and call an nnewi man igbo, he will tell you he is nnewi and not igbo.

the word "igbo " is only for socio-political classification the white ppl use to identify lower niger folks.

Culturally, every "igbo" community, are very distinct, though they share similar attributes. you cannot say the cultural practices of idemili, owerre, ikwerre ukwuani etc are all the same. even the language spoken in those areas have slight variations.

so if you call me igbo as a Nigerian, okay... afterall Nigeria is all about ethnic politics ... but in the cultural roots, I am not igbo; I am ukwuani.

to be honest i use to respect you as my in law from ukwuani but I think my admiration for you has been upgraded to that of an intellectual and factual approach to things of life...you just analysed it...the ukwuani, enuani, ikwerre, nkwerre, nnewi, nneni man are distict in their attributes but same in cultural and language which is mutually intelligible with dialectical difference...just as the anglo-saxons then where c alled english and the whole Britannia then were called British so is igbo...that doesn't rob
Re: My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. by oweniwe(m): 9:58am On Aug 19, 2015
tonychristopher:

to be honest i use to respect you as my in law from ukwuani but I think my admiration for you has been upgraded to that of an intellectual and factual approach to things of life...you just analysed it...the ukwuani, enuani, ikwerre, nkwerre, nnewi, nneni man are distict in their attributes but same in cultural and language which is mutually intelligible with dialectical difference...just as the anglo-saxons then where c alled english and the whole Britannia then were called British so is igbo...that doesn't rob

thanks sir.

issues like this are what our leaders ought to correct but rather they are busy causing more division among their people cos of federal money.

that is what I don't like about the Radio Biafra people .... instead of spreading awareness and correcting "minorities" perceptions to misconceptions like this, they are broadcasting useless hate messages.
Re: My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. by Donarozzi: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ugomba:
ANIOMAS is part of the IGBO Nation and We are Proudly IGBOS with the Onitcha people as our ancestral brothers.

https://www.nairaland.com/3805117/history-enu-ani-igbo-people-onicha-ugbo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) / Assassination Report: Wike Was 400 Meters Away From Scene – Rivers Police / Toyin Saraki Celebrates Her Mother, Erelu Agba's Birthday (Throwback Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.