Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! (23350 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 16, 2015
..oh dear undecided undecided undecided
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
I got thinking about this!

Why do we go to church? What benefit is there in attending church regularly… for me, for you, for others?

Here's my list and we should ponder on it if we've not been going to church.

1. The Bible indicates it’s what we should do. (Hebrews 10:25)

2. You will have the opportunity to worship God.

3. You will likely have some of life big questions answered.

4. Being there will encourage your pastors and leaders.

5. You’ll be encouraged in your walk with God.

6. If you’re single, you may meet someone.

7. If you have kids, it will teach them to value God and His Church.

8. It honours God.

9. Because gathering is part of what makes u a christian.

10. It'll help u acknowledge and confess your sins.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala
Are you in church ATM?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by lilwayneme(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2015
I'm there now
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by lilwayneme(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2015
I'm ther now
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Wisdytech(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2015
cluewebhost:
@OP are you in church?
Maybe
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by hahn(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2015
realtestament:
12. Enables you to charge your phone

13. To make the pastor richer

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Chillext(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2015
I rather stay at home, read my bible than go to church.
See why below.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 16, 2015
RickRichards:

Are you in church ATM?
I'm back already!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Wisdytech(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2015
realtestament:

hahahahahahahaahahahahaha
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Tbillz(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Speak the truth sister!!! cheesy

You are correct.
it can also help U have a change of mind about the moniker U bear. "ER. OTIC"
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Olukokosir(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2015
k
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by sltn(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2015
cluewebhost:
@OP are you in church?
you were u dey!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Mayany(m): 11:41am On Aug 16, 2015
Nice 1...But some will say church ⛪ is in their heart ❤
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by cluewebhost(m): 11:41am On Aug 16, 2015
sltn:
you were u dey!

I fit be Muslim, Traditionalist, Atheist or Adventist na
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by sltn(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2015
cluewebhost:

I fit be Muslim, Traditionalist, Atheist or Adventist na
shocked ehn only you!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

I'm back already!
Okay. But I'd like to discuss your profile picture with your pastor. Give me his/her number.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by MrCork: 11:44am On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Why do we go to church? What benefit is there in attending church regularly… for me, for you, for others?

8. It honours God.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala

...chicks....church all ways full of lightskin babes!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by sidneyj(m): 11:45am On Aug 16, 2015
realtestament:
gbam. Especially blackberry users
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 16, 2015
RickRichards:

Okay. But I'd like to discuss your profile picture with your pastor. Give me his/her number.
what's with d pics? undecided
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Dekatron(m): 11:46am On Aug 16, 2015
I need to go to church to laugh at folks, stare at the girls & the most important :

CHARGE

MY

DEVICES!!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by realtestament(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2015
hahn:

13. To make the pastor richer

Yes na! Na him business? All man dey find money
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by SamAbims(m): 11:50am On Aug 16, 2015
This list makes me think I don't need church!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

what's with d pics? undecided
You were smoking ganja in it, whilst telling us that you do worse. Meaning that you're into meth, LSD, et cetera. Your Pastor needs to hear about this.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by flokii: 11:51am On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

8. It honours God.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala

@OP tell that to your fore fathers who lived before christianity came
and BTW I'd give you 1000+ reasons why you musn't go to church but I won't cos I'm not ITK...
Everyone has right to his/her own ideas.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by konoha86(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

8. It honours God.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala

I understand ur reasons, but they're not inspiring because there are better options fr each of the reasons uv given.

1. How d'yu tell a Muslim or a Jew or atheist bout a book they dnt believe in

2. yu can always worship God in a hundred of other places and gatherings, even at home

3 pastors and priests give magic and unrealistic answers to todays problems and are more concerned bit church projects than life ans.

4 so yu go to church to encourage those men rather than worshipping God

5 there's no better way of relating to God than building a relationship with ur neighbours

6. You hv a far better chance of meeting someone in an event than in church

7.your kids learn values in school not in church,

8. Helping the poor honors God far more than going to church

9.Every gathering has its objective, and attending a club gathering doesn't make yu any less of a Christian

10. That particular reason is why the church has been compromised. It encourages evil knowing that yu will be "forgiven" wen yu hit the church.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by henrybomb(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2015
Houseofglam7:
(11) it keeps you away from Nairaland for a few hours
. Yea rite
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2015
RickRichards:

You were smoking ganja in it, whilst telling us that you do worse. Meaning that you're into meth, LSD, et cetera. Your Pastor needs to hear about this.
Lol..
Are u righteous?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by saintol(m): 11:52am On Aug 16, 2015
The best place to worship God is our Heart, Church or home doesn't really matter. The major reason why we go to church is because we need one another. The encouragement and so on which I need may be in you and that which you need may also be in me. But are these things really in the contemporary churches?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 16, 2015
konoha86:

I understand ur reasons, but they're not inspiring because there are better options fr each of the reasons uv given.

1. How d'yu tell a Muslim or a Jew or atheist bout a book they dnt believe in

2. yu can always worship God in a hundred of other places and gatherings, even at home

3 pastors and priests give magic and unrealistic answers to todays problems and are more concerned bit church projects than life ans.

4 so yu go to church to encourage those men rather than worshipping God

5 there's no better way of relating to God than building a relationship with ur neighbours

6. You hv a far better chance of meeting someone in an event than in church

7.your kids learn values in school not in church,

8. Helping the poor honors God far more than going to church

9.Every gathering has its objective, and attending a club gathering doesn't make yu any less of a Christian

10. That particular reason is why the church has been compromised. It encourages evil knowing that yu will be "forgiven" wen yu hit the church.
Seen!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Lol.. Are u righteous?
Yes, I am. Are you?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Opinedecandid(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

8. It honours God.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala

Nice one op, but u could be more convincing and persuasive than this.
It's a nice topic with a divinely instructive and revelatory motive. But you don't seem to have done justice to it.

I feel perplexed when the blind who know nothing about the things of the spirit put their ass down and embark in a deep study all to discredit God, Church Service or spiritual discipline.

I'm sorry, but you need to be more convincing.

For the avoidance of doubt, add the following to your list up there.

I won't permit it to be here because very few persons will read it here as against there:

Hebrews 10:25
Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

Exodus 20:8
“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Acts 2:42
And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

Proverbs 27:17
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,

Hebrews 13:17
Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Psalm 84:10
For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.

Hebrews 3:13
But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Psalm 133:1-3
A Song of Ascents. Of David. Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! It is like the precious oil on the head, running down on the beard, on the beard of Aaron, running down on the collar of his robes! It is like the dew of Hermon, which falls on the mountains of Zion! For there the Lord has commanded the blessing, life forevermore.

Romans 12:1
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Matthew 16:18
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Psalm 11:1-7
To the choirmaster. Of David. In the Lord I take refuge; how can you say to my soul, “Flee like a bird to your mountain, for behold, the wicked bend the bow; they have fitted their arrow to the string to shoot in the dark at the upright in heart; if the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord's throne is in heaven; his eyes see, his eyelids test the children of man. The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence. ...

Matthew 18:19
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Psalm 27:4
One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.

Genesis 2:2-3
And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

John 3:16-17
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Hebrews 2:12
Saying, “I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.”

Isaiah 6:8
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Isaiah 6:1-8
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!” And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!” ...

Matthew 28:16-20
Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Matthew 6:5
“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 16, 2015
Opinedecandid:

Nice one op, but u could be more convincing and persuasive than this.
It's a nice topic with a divinely instructive and revelatory motive. But you don't seem to have done justice to it.

I feel perplexed when the blind who know nothing about the things of the spirit put their ass down and embark in a deep study all to discredit God, Church Service or spiritual discipline.

I'm sorry, but you need to be more convincing.
U could open a thread on d topic and sound more convincing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? / Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.