Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! (23351 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by MrCEO69(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
boman2014:
REASON YOU SHOULD NOT GO TO CHURCH

+ GOD never insist we should go to church
+ you will end up spending your hard earn money for offerings which will eventually go to pastor's pocket.
+ you will never see them preaching about God's kingdom but promote wealth and indecent appearance.
+ promoting fanactism
+ twisting the gospel to favour their greed
+ worshipping idols and claim to be images of saints and martyrs

what church were u attending?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by boman2014: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
MrCEO69:

what church were u attending?
Non
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Emilokoiyawon: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by MrCEO69(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
boman2014:

Non
so ur write up is invalid!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by boman2014: 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
MrCEO69:

so ur write up is invalid!
invalid my a** there is no church denomination i've not been to
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by dalyricist: 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
kamez:
I need a new church..

the type of mini skirts and laps that I see In my church every Sunday is alarming..

last week the babe in front of me wore low waist to church. everytime she stood up, her whole ass would shout hallelujah right to my face.

I decided to stay at home today till I get a new church.

U beta talk Tru, MA guy
U bin like werin u dey c but as e b say u no fit touch am

cheesy
grin

Anyways, na for ouse u go see new church??
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Revolva(m): 4:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nigerian churches are full of demons..and senseless folks.....naija churches are nothing. But a place for show off that's all

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by omojeesu(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
I got thinking about this!

Why do we go to church? What benefit is there in attending church regularly… for me, for you, for others?

Here's my list and we should ponder on it if we've not been going to church.

1. The Bible indicates it’s what we should do. (Hebrews 10:25)

2. You will have the opportunity to worship God.

3. You will likely have some of life big questions answered.

4. Being there will encourage your pastors and leaders.

5. You’ll be encouraged in your walk with God.

6. If you’re single, you may meet someone.

7. If you have kids, it will teach them to value God and His Church.

8. It honours God.

9. Because gathering is part of what makes u a christian.

10. It'll help u acknowledge and confess your sins.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala

One can be saved and receive a miracle and be healed! PTL!!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Johnson49(m): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
I quite disagree with you boman, you don't go to church to serve humans but God. If you say the offering you give only goes to the pastors purse thats a blind exaggeration. Bcoz even though things like that happen not all pastors does that. And thats not a reason for you not to go to church. If they preach only about material things that shouldn't be you. What most of you don't understand is God search the heart. This is no strong reason why you shouldn't go to church.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Why do we go to church? What benefit is there in attending church regularly… for me, for you, for others?

8. It honours God.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala

@bold

Rather unlikely.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mindfulness:

@bold

Rather unlikely.
Okay..
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Opinedecandid(m): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

U could open a thread on d topic and sound more convincing!

Go back to my post and check what I have added to enhance ur post and copy and paste as well.

Besides, we can't lighter the whole media platform with same discourse.

When defending or representing our God, do it with the thoroughness He deserves. We are no mediocres.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by MrAyo1234: 1:07am On Aug 17, 2015
What a good discussion ?
let me just share my view ;

1. Church as a place simply means an Institution of leaning, traceable with address where some certain necessities can be taking place, just like University with address too. Private studying of Bible and praying doesn't complete a Church as a place, as online study does not make you bonafide student of any University withought some administrative exercises.
2. Tithe and Offering is a commandment of GOD given to us to be always do in MALACHI 3 from Verses 8 till you are satisfied. So, do your part and leave the rest for your Pastor for GOD's sake. Remember, giving to Lames, Blinds e.t.c cannot replace offering.

Thanks.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by jamace(m): 9:51am On Aug 17, 2015
I know my God and I worship him anywhere and any time.

Why should I go to church when I know that:

- Only those who have stolen from society and donated to the church are given titles like elder, decean etc.
- Only those who have stolen from society and donated to the church have special seats in the church.
- The pastor/reverend says special prayers for great looters who are great donors to the church
- The man who stole the money meant for providing water for my community is honored in the church
- The big man who took my employment opportunity and gave to his child who is less qualified is singing halleluya in the church.
- The pastor/reverend uses his connection to thwart justice by pleading for corrupt officials who are about to be dealt with by govt.
- The pastor/reverend lives a more luxurious life than most members of the church.
- The pastor is always chasing people's wives and the young ladies are not spared.
- The church member speaking in tongues beside me was awarded the contract to provide electricity fails to provide the service and forcing me to pay bill.
- The church member fails to pay workers their wages/salaries
- The pastor is using church money to build a business empire for himself and his family.
- I can not afford the fees in schools built by my pastor with church money.
- I can not withstand the sight of some one who has deprived me of the good things of live being celebrated by my pastor.

I know some will say, "thou shall not judge", but I tell you most solemnly, "judgment must start from the house of God".
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by MacMath(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2015
boman2014:
REASON YOU SHOULD NOT GO TO CHURCH

+ GOD never insist we should go to church
+ you will end up spending your hard earn money for offerings which will eventually go to pastor's pocket.
+ you will never see them preaching about God's kingdom but promote wealth and indecent appearance.
+ promoting fanactism
+ twisting the gospel to favour their greed
+ worshipping idols and claim to be images of saints and martyrs

May God forgive you
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by trano(m): 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
My girlfriend must see this.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by paxonel(m): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
lagmostkuit:

8. It honours God.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala

1. The Bible indicates it’s what we should do.
(Hebrews 10:25)
But HEB 10:25 was a suggestion and not a command. so, whether you go or not it is all subjected to your decision, It has nothing to do with whether you are a christian or not.
Jesus says he has destroyed building in 3days
2. You will have the opportunity to worship
God.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain(church ), nor yet at Jerusalem (church ), worship the Father.
so, we don't go to any place to worship anymore, what you do in church is not worship, it is praise. worship is to believe in Jesus, that's all

3. You will likely have some of life big
questions answered.
Churches are not answering questions satisfactorily
4. Being there will encourage your pastors and
leaders..for what?
if you say so, this is a good reason to go
another good reason
7. If you have kids, it will teach them to value
God and His Church.
children are thought doctrines that if full of mixtures of truth and lies, that's why they grow up to become corrupt individuals and corrupt nation leaders
8. It honours God.
because Jesus and salvation is preached. another good reason
9. Because gathering is part of what makes u a
christian.
not at all. rather, gathering is what makes people see you as christians. what makes you a Christian is your believe in Jesus only, gathering is not included
10. It'll help u acknowledge and confess your
sins.
only when you are willing to do so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? / Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.