Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! (23348 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by jeremiah505(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
boman2014:
REASON YOU SHOULD NOT GO TO CHURCH

+ GOD never insist we should go to church
+ you will end up spending your hard earn money for offerings which will eventually go to pastor's pocket.
+ you will never see them preaching about God's kingdom but promote wealth and indecent appearance.
+ promoting fanactism
+ twisting the gospel to favour their greed
+ worshipping idols and claim to be images of saints and martyrs

keep shut already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by UjSizzle(f): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
I don't know. There's so much about the church that feels routine and mechanical now. I understand there are true worshippers, but each time I have to watch people refuse to participate in bible studies, sing and dance during praises, look bored during sermon, come late so as to skip the message entirely, and only come alive when the holy ghost-fire-the-devil and make-us-prosper intercessory prayers are on, I have to wonder why believers gather again.

If you can't feel like part of a family in a community that should be familial, I don't think there's a point being there. I'll rather stay in my house and listen to preachers on tv or be a part of a smaller fellowship of believers.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by MadCow1: 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=12pt]I got thinking about this!

Why do we go to church? What benefit is there in attending church regularly… for me, for you, for others?

Here's my list and we should ponder on it if we've not been going to church.

1. The Bible indicates it’s what we should do. (Hebrews 10:25)

The Bible said we should do a lot of things including plucking our eyes if they make us sin and more.. I am yet to see niggas gouging out their eyes.. grin

You may want to go find out why the book of Hebrews said that and what the Hebrew CHURCH Was Facing AT THAT Time.

lagmostkuit:
2. You will have the opportunity to worship God.

Every minute is an opportunity to worship God. You don't need to be in Church to do so.

lagmostkuit:
3. You will likely have some of life big questions answered.

Utter nonsense..

lagmostkuit:
4. Being there will encourage your pastors and leaders.

Encourage them do what exactly? Take my money or what?

lagmostkuit:
5. You’ll be encouraged in your walk with God.

Your encouragement should come from the Bible not from Church. God does not live in Church.

lagmostkuit:
6. If you’re single, you may meet someone.

True.. Church is the best place to meet good Biitches. grin

lagmostkuit:
7. If you have kids, it will teach them to value God and His Church.

I agree.. Church is a good place to put some fear into your kids. "God is seeing everything you do".. That shiit scared me silly until I was old enough to know that was a lie. . grin

lagmostkuit:
8. It honours God.

Unfettered Lies..

God does not give a fhuck if you go to church or not.. he is more interested in how well you live your life and how you relate with the people around you.

lagmostkuit:
9. Because gathering is part of what makes u a christian.

More nonsense lies..

What makes you a Christian is believing in the death and resurrection of Christ and accepting to live your life according to the principles of Christ's teachings not going to church.

Christian means Christ like..

lagmostkuit:
10. It'll help u acknowledge and confess your sins.

Rubbish..

[i]Smoke weed everyday... It was made by God for man and who are you to call Gods vreation unclean. . grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by dubemivan(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=lagmostkuit post=37009767][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=12pt][i]I got thinking about this!

Why do we go to church? What benefit is there in attending church regularly… for me, for you, for others?

8. It honours God.

Thats good Op... But our going to church shouldnt be to encourage anyone or get someone to marry rather should be borne out of our LOVE for GOD and to know HIM more intimately!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by dubemivan(m): 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
UjSizzle:
I don't know. There's so much about the church that feels routine and mechanical now. I understand there are true worshippers, but each time I have to watch people refuse to participate in bible studies, sing and dance during praises, look bored during sermon, come late so as to skip the message entirely, and only come alive when the holy ghost-fire-the-devil and make-us-prosper intercessory prayers are on, I have to wonder why believers gather again.

If you can't feel like part of a family in a community that should be familial, I don't think there's a point being there. I'll rather stay in my house and listen to preachers on tv or be a part of a smaller fellowship of believers.
I understand how you feel. but the truth is if you are a mature christian then step up and change that status quo, let them see and learn from you. If things aint working after that, I will suggest you change to a vibrant & living church to avoid dampening your spirit! go to Church!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=lagmostkuit post=37009767]

Wrong. The bible talks about assembly or gathering which in the early church was predominantly in homes. God never asked anyone to build new temples ( the old one was destroyed ) because the believers are now the temple and hence do not need to go to a particular place to worhsip God.

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23

As previously stated, we are meant to worship God anywhere. Besides we worship God by the way we live our lives, not singing with rasied hands in church and then acting like the devil afterwards.

Hmm, not really.

Read the word and pray, the Spirit of God will answer life's questions together with like minded brethren who have more experience on certain matters. In fact, even non-believers have answers to life's questions.

Pastor and 'leaders' are not positions of authority , rather they are positions of servitude. Their primary role is to encourage believers not rob them in the name of tithes.

Well, you will be encouraged anyway if you make the right friends.

Yes , but most likely one that came to church to look for a partner and not for God. After marriage they will show you pepper grin

Wrong. This is the parent's responsibility not pastor.

8. It honours God.

What honours God is a righteous live, not going to church. Many church goes are evil doers.

Not in man made churches.

We should confess our sins in private to God.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
I got thinking about this!

8. It honours God.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala

CHRISTIANITY IS A ROMAN SCAM.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by mmsen: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
You can hand your money over to a thief.

You can hear lies of how 'satan' and not a poor diet and a lack of sleep caused someone's father to die of a stroke.

You can hear more lies of how 'god' blessed a young lady with a new job - she forgets to tell the congregation what he had to do to earn the job.

You get to meet ashawo. Churches are full of them.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
Going to church on sunday is a direct disobedience to the word of Yahweh. The commandment is Remember the sabbath day (saturday) and keep it holy.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by davidque007(m): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
laurel03:
The best church is in your HEART.... 9ja church na bizness tinz, u will see 5 diff church in same building and some will even be doing sound competition.. Dey will only be emphasing on giving giving and they will not give back to society...

The building in your pick is the one opposite Sky Memorial plaza in zone 5 abuja. I have always wondered why 5churches would slug it out in one building.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by ojnnaco(m): 12:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
Houseofglam7:
(11) it keeps you away from Nairaland for a few hours

Correct ... this should be d number 1
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by ilovecritics(m): 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

8. It honours God.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala

Assuming I don't believe in the bible- Can you give me 5 reasons?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by onyfrank: 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
MistaHumble:
Nice one... Nothing like always being in the presence of God. There is always joy and all burdens are lifted the moment I enter the presence of God.
so what happened to the Omnipresence of God, if only u c and experience God's presence only in church?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by eaxes: 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Gbam!
Gbam! Gbam!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by BreezyRita(f): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
boman2014:

+ you will end up spending your hard earn money for offerings which will eventually go to pastor's pocket.
+ you will never see them preaching about God's kingdom but promote wealth and indecent appearance.
+ promoting fanactism

Swidy, if your church does these then you need a change of church.
Simple!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by ohzee(f): 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
UjSizzle:

The main reason we go to church is to worship God. Every other thing to me is secondary.
Going to church and worshipping God is not to make us feel good. That's where those of us in these latter days have missed it. We keep looking for love, holiness, entertainment etc from the church. Those things should exist INSIDE us because they are the fruits of the spirit.
Again, worship in the midst of God's people is a special thing. The apostles didn't neglect it. The Jews of the Old Testament didn't neglect it either. Let's be encouraged to continue to seek God and worship with other believers. Going to church is a PUBLIC pronouncement that we are Christians.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Herapal(m): 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
Going to church is a choice which no reason should be attached to by another person except you yourself. The chance of you being a Christian is slim had your parents not given birth to you as a Christian.
Word to jaw!!!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Herapal(m): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
UjSizzle:

Word to jaw!!! (thanks)
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by smatangel1(f): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
boman2014:

+ promoting fanactism

Pls look. For a. Bible. Believing church,they don't do what u say. As for offerings God will minister. To ur. Heart but till then attend church even if u dnt wanna drop offering no p.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by UjSizzle(f): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
ohzee:

The main reason we go to church is to worship God. Every other thing to me is secondary.
Going to church and worshipping God is not to make us feel good. That's where those of us in these latter days have missed it. We keep looking for love, holiness, entertainment etc from the church. Those things should exist INSIDE us because they are the fruits of the spirit.
Again, worship in the midst of God's people is a special thing. The apostles didn't neglect it. The Jews of the Old Testament didn't neglect it either. Let's be encouraged to continue to seek God and worship with other believers. Going to church is a PUBLIC pronouncement that we are Christians.
I'll have to disagree with you. Every action of man can be an act of worship. And that means God can be worshipped everywhere. Now church is basically about worshipping and fellowshipping with other believers. The key thing is family because the church is the body of Christ. Is that body isn't functioning as one-- and by that I mean one heart, one mind, one soul, then it is not even scratching the surface of what a family of God is about.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by callmelanner(m): 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
UjSizzle:

hmm u get sense
*hands u big stout & skunk cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by MightyFortress: 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
true
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by ohzee(f): 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
UjSizzle:

I'll have to disagree with you. Every action of man can be an act of worship. And that means God can be worshipped everywhere. Now church is basically about worshipping and fellowshipping with other believers. The key thing is family because the church is the body of Christ. Is that body isn't functioning as one-- and by that I mean one heart, one mind, one soul, then it is not even scratching the surface of what a family of God is about.

Of course God can be worshipped everywhere I don't dispute that fact. But in my opinion corporate worship with other believers also helps strengthen our faith. The church is meant to be one family, but it cannot be perfect here on earth. We will always meet people and attitudes that disappoint us in church and that make us wonder if it's worth it. But it doesn't mean that we give up. We continue to pray for the church including ourselves until the day of the Lord.
And yes,we can change to another church if we feel we are not growing where we are. It's the 'feel good' feeling we have to guard against. We can't always get it and if we keep seeking it we may end up changing church every week. We should rather seek where we can grow in the Word and beware of the doctrines of men.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by djcliff(m): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
it gives u a reason not to join boko haram, kill ur mother, and rape children
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Jasperwhizz(m): 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:

8. It honours God.

You can add yours cool

Written by muah!
Lalasticlala
I STILL HAVE FAITH IN GOD. though...HE CAN DO AND UNDO AND REDO!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Xmyno(m): 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
GREAT ONE, ....YOU HAVE NOTHING TO REGRATE BECAUSE YOU GO TO CHURCH, RATHER BLISSFUL LIVE .
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Toseanai: 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
It makes u know more about God nd its qualitied
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
You Are the church you don't go to yourself.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
ohzee:

Of course God can be worshipped everywhere I don't dispute that fact. But in my opinion corporate worship with other believers also helps strengthen our faith. The church is meant to be one family, but it cannot be perfect here on earth. We will always meet people and attitudes that disappoint us in church and that make us wonder if it's worth it. But it doesn't mean that we give up. We continue to pray for the church including ourselves until the day of the Lord.
And yes,we can change to another church if we feel we are not growing where we are. It's the 'feel good' feeling we have to guard against. We can't always get it and if we keep seeking it we may end up changing church every week. We should rather seek where we can grow in the Word and beware of the doctrines of men.
One mistake dear, the church is not the family of God but a part of the family of God, see Hebrews 12:22-24. That being that,You can fellowship with any of the above.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=MadCow1 post=37011196]

The Bible said we should do a lot of things including plucking our eyes if they make us sin and more.. I am yet to see niggas gouging out their eyes.. grin

You may want to go find out why the book of Hebrews said that and what the Hebrew CHURCH Was Facing AT THAT Time.

Every minute is an opportunity to worship God. You don't need to be in Church to do so.

Utter nonsense..

Encourage them do what exactly? Take my money or what?

Your encouragement should come from the Bible not from Church. God does not live in Church.

True.. Church is the best place to meet good Biitches. grin

I agree.. Church is a good place to put some fear into your kids. "God is seeing everything you do".. That shiit scared me silly until I was old enough to know that was a lie. . grin

Unfettered Lies..

God does not give a fhuck if you go to church or not.. he is more interested in how well you live your life and how you relate with the people around you.

More nonsense lies..

What makes you a Christian is believing in the death and resurrection of Christ and accepting to live your life according to the principles of Christ's teachings not going to church.

Christian means Christ like..

Rubbish..

/quote] You get sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? / Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.