Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades (11436 Views)

Buratai In Special Forces Uniform / Inside Special Forces: Nigeria’s Most-feared Fighting Unit / Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
MuhdG:
Damn. I'm in luv with the army
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Just like Section 20 underwhich Michael Stonebridge and Damien Scott served?
the unit is faaar better
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by talktimi(m): 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for seeing the importance of re-equipping the military after years of neglect by past administrations. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
Permission to carry on sir henry120

am simply requesting oga seun to consider a Defence section

Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
TALKTIMI

Jonathan did a lot in his last days for the military but we hope PMB will do far better
DEFENCE section is what we want on NL
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
Appleyard:
Supported as well! See as body just dey sweet me! Motivate the lads and see what they can do in the face of challenges. They must continue on this part!
the need public support and prayers

Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:

Carry on!
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:

Carry on!
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
talktimi:
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for seeing the importance of re-equipping the military after years of neglect by past administrations. cool

Let's be honest with. Ourselves and put aside partisanship, our military is still not properly equipped. For a country of our size, we have a poorly equipped military.

This is the truth.

The Dictators who ruled Nigeria after Shagari was ousted are primarily to blame. GEJ did as much as he could but the rot in truth was/ still is too deep.

Hopefully this new government can continue and hopefully surpass the gains made by the GEJ administration.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
Henry120:

Carry on!
Copy that.

all we are saying seun give us Defence section
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
Henry120:

Let's be honest with. Ourselves and put aside partisanship, our military is still not properly equipped. For a country of our size, we have a poorly equipped military.

This is the truth.

The Dictators who ruled Nigeria after Shagari was ousted are primarily to blame. GEJ did as much as he could but the rot in truth was/ still is too deep.

Hopefully this new government can continue and hopefully surpass the gains made by the GEJ administration.
under IBB was the worst his fear of coup made him destroy the airforce refusing to upgrade assets
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Our Military is behind the Algerian / Egyptians in terms of weaponry.

we must develop our local defence industry in cooperation with private industry ,/ Science research institutions

Supplement this with weapons from broke European countries henry120
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by mensdept: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
Henry120:

This is the truth.

So the problem began with Buhari and the dictators. I hope that from now on our people will stop using inferior thinking and vote in able bodied non-military men as president from now on
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
mensdept:

So the problem began with Buhari and the dictators. I hope that from now on our people will stop using inferior thinking and vote in able bodied non-military men as president from now on
it started with IBB
late Government failed to developed the defence section believing Nigeria doesn't need to but today we know continuous upgrade of defence capabilities is essential
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by mensdept: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:

it started with IBB
late Government failed to developed the defence section believing Nigeria doesn't need to but today we know continuous upgrade of defence capabilities is essential

Yes you are correct in a way. But truly:

The truth is it started in 1914, when outsiders came to this part of the world and created for themselves and their children a lucrative "store" to enrich themselves, sustained in 1960, 1966, 1970, 1983, 1998, 1999, and now 2015 with the emergence of a Major General of the same imperialist army.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by queenzibah(f): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:

How's the old guys with AK47 better than new guys with AK103
oya ggiv me optionss b4 I ans
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
queenzibah:
oya ggiv me optionss b4 I ans
hehehe
O / N

Nigeria should have a capable rapid response tactical units with both air and ground assets for deployment
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by lezz(m): 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
Henry120:

This is the truth.

That's why I think the BH insurgency is an indirect wakeup call. Nigeria is destined to rule Africa.
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by ademega(m): 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ladipodeal:

Is that kunu in his back pocket or sprite?
I wonder too oh if NA sobo
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by mensdept: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
lezz:
That's why I think the BH insurgency is an indirect wakeup call. Nigeria is destined to rule Africa.

On what drug are you smoking? Can we even be destined to have legislatures that don't collect millions of naira after 2 months of fighting?

Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by queenzibah(f): 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:

hehehe
O / N

Nigeria should have a capable rapid response tactical units with both air and ground assets for deployment
ok y is dat guy at upgrade wwitout hand protection while d old do ?
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by lezz(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
mensdept:

On what drug are you smoking? Can we even be destined to have legislatures that don't collect millions of naira after 2 months of fighting?

Nonsense
I smoke no weed and speak not nonsense, my fellow compatriot. We have a corrupt legislation and politicians undisputed . But certain factors can't be ignored. We have the potentials of having the largest armed forces in Africa. If we spend just 4% of our GDP for the next 6 years , we'll have the most potent force on the continent.

The french government has actually said BH has provided a platform for Nigeria to lead Africa. We have the largest economy in Africa already with the most direct soft power in music, religion and social culture in Africa.

If you're not seeing the silver lining , I am.

The BBC has already started an online poll across Africa on Nigeria's leadership. See beyond your fears and doubts.
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by edoyad(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
That's my problem with you people, instead of mentioning successful special ops you have executed, you will come here and be pasting instagram pictures like Miley Cyrus. The Naval and Air force tactical teams are known for successful ops they conducted in conjunction with the DSS at the height of the North East crisis. Capture of a lot of BH commanders was done by these guys and we read about them on Daily Trust.
I advise you to carry these pics to Instagram where they belong.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by pacino26(m): 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Henry120:

Carry on!

Bro been awhile o. Don't mind the slight change in moniker pasino26 on your 3 o'clock
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by mensdept: 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
lezz:
I smoke no weed and speak not nonsense, my fellow compatriot. We have a corrupt legislation and politicians undisputed . But certain factors can't be ignored. We have the potentials of having the largest armed forces in Africa. If we spend just 4% of our GDP for the next 6 years , we'll have the most potent force on the continent.
The french government has actually said BH has provided a platform for Nigeria to lead Africa. We have the largest economy in Africa already with the most direct soft power in music, religion and social culture in Africa.
If you're not seeing the silver lining , I am.
The BBC has already started an online poll across Africa on Nigeria's leadership. See beyond your fears and doubts.

There is no doubt that we have potential, and you are correct in your assertions.

However, some people want us to lead Africa, others want us to turn our cities into Dubai and paris, but our very foundation needs to be addressed. That's my own
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by lezz(m): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
mensdept:

There is no doubt that we have potential, and you are correct in your assertions.

However, some people want us to lead Africa, others want us to turn our cities into Dubai and paris, but our very foundation needs to be addressed. That's my own
Correct. it is a process. The percentage of Nigerians with political and world view awareness is still tiny.

When I look at China, most times I see Nigeria. For over 500 years China didn't know herself. What powers and potential she has. While still a developing country she has launched the intentional development banks that the UK, Australia etc are all scurrying to become foundational members. She has advanced her military and economy yet still having challenges of corruption, under development and dictatorship.

Nigeria has leadership thrusted on her whether she likes it or not. We amount for 75% of the economy of west Africa with over 65% of the population . Our firms, private company and banks have spread all through west Africa to east and central Africa.

What happens to Nigeria directly affects all of Africa. South Africa despite her advancement cannot inspire the rest of the continent because of her heritage .

When Kofi Annan delivered a world conference in January this year, he asserted that the destiny of Africa is in the hands of Nigeria.

Nigerian leaders are starting to believe so again.
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Cannonleo(m): 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Nigeria Army special forces unit used to be behind their colleagues in the Navy (SBS) and Air force (QRF) elite tactical units in terms gear and weaponry

The SBS elite tactical navy unit along side QRF use TAVOR assault rifle TAR as standard issued ops rifle and mostly look highly professional due to the combat tactical gears the carry Infact the BBC I believe liken the SBS to the US Navy SEALS during operations flintlock in chad while the Army special forces unit use AK47, Even do the are deadly and professional but their appearance speaks differently, These is attributed to NA lack modernization until the White boys but things are now changing for Good.
Recent pictures have shown new NA SF units with highly professional looks, Their gears comparable with peers in the Western Nations, The have adopted new variants of AK series including the polish beryl rifle which the NA is also introducing.
thumps up to NA
VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE

NB Seun can we have a DEFENCE section on Nairaland thanks inadvance for considering this appeal

OLD NA SF unit picture
on the request for a defense section on nairaland, i support you it is long overdue Seun i believe you now time is right to put to the front burner issues of national security on its special platform.

Army SF has seen a lot of improvement in ORBAT and Personal kitting, the new emphasis which has always been for SF nits but is ben put wholly into practice is stealth,mobility and speed coupled with battlefield innovation.

Basic Configuration has evolved from the basic Ak-47 to a more improved and modified Beryl 2000 series with accessories,Fn-SCAR ,adequate kitting ,ordinance and sidearms NVGs to mention a few
the most outstanding in Army Sf has been the 72 mobile Strike Force culled from the 72 airborne brigade markurdi.
SF units belonging to 104 battalion konduga have also been exceptional also 27 task force brigade yola,26 task force brigade gwoza to name a few

the creation of 72 MSF and SOG(coming up) necessitated the creation of the long over due Aviation corps of the nigerian Army currently utilizing Gazelle and fenac scout helicopters(for the moment) for CAS and vertical envelopment with help from the airforce via the Mish-17 and MI series gunships on major assalts during the 6 week offensive.

SF forces of the army alongside QRS SF of the airforce and the highly revered SBS commandos of the navy have coordinated special opps against targets in the AOR.

gentlemen the ARMY SF is finally meeting gup with the pack and more needs to be done in the way of improvement.

if only we seriously improve on the defense budget with emphasis on the external arms and its co-relating Intel structures.all this talk of billions spent on a defense structure with many arms duplicating the same function in a territorial space still undermanned and understaffed with people screaming corruption makes me laugh,admitted there is corruption so also in every defense institution around the world, still procurement aint no chicken fee and defense is no turkey shot, 4% of our GDP is a starting point with more stronger internal mechanisms to caged thirsty thieves in the system..
evening ibnsultan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Cannonleo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:

I get your point Monsieur
yes Some are drawn from their for further training
majority of 72 airborne guys make p 72 MSF in the NE,they simply need to express themselves but i concur with paccino
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by lezz(m): 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:

Copy that.

seconded.
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by Cannonleo(m): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:

Copy that.

SQUADMATE ROGER THE CALL,spread the call is a Go, Seun give us a defense section ASAP cool
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by vicadex07(m): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
Even with the rusty old ak47s? You be woman sha so u obviously know nothing about modern combat...am sure u were looking out for sex appeal or swaggs
queenzibah:
Ha! Lik d OLD beta pas d upgrades self...dis buhari nawa ooo
Re: Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades by pacino26(m): 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
Cannonleo:
majority of 72 airborne guys make p 72 MSF in the NE,they simply need to express themselves but i concur with paccino

True talk bro, kinda met a couple of those guys back in the day. Tough mother f**kers just lacking in gear and some other operational skills. Kinda knew IBB wanted to set up a special unit of commandos in the early 90s but legislation couldn't let it pass through.

I know we'll get there soon once the military starts celebrating gallantry and intelligence and not some pot bellied crop of young old men waiting for political appointment after retirement.

Can you imagine NCOs from the guard's brigades in SF? E go sweet belle and one executive commissioned officer who spent his time as an NCO to head them? That's when I'll ask for foreign ops.

Seun

Defence section pls.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC: PDP Lauds Onochie’s Rejection, Urges Buhari Not To Re-Present Her / Masari: Northern Children In Danger If We Continue In The Old Order / Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.