Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

"Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. (6279 Views)

Reverend Father Escapes Death In A Terrible Accident Along Nneobi/Onitsha Road(p / Distribution Of Capital Project In 2016 Budget, Omokri Reacts: A Rejoinder / Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
The only painful thing is that some intellectually lazy peeps on this forum see barcanista as a god.

They take whatever he says hook, line and sinker.

Posts such as these are of the utmost importance.

What iz the difference btw probing and investigation. If he is "investigated" and found guilty, what happens next Will he still be probed?

1 Like

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by PassingShot(m): 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
It's right for Wike to probe Amaechi, but wrong for Buhari to probe Jonathan. PDP and saTANoids are a bunch blockheaded wailing wailers.
Those guys are the worst set of human beings created by God. Their hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.

They're the most useless set of people I've ever seen. How can a people be so unpatriotic to even canvass for anyone not to be probed by hiding under a condition that "all must be probed or none is probed"?

Why should the inability to apprehend some thieves be a ground to allow all thieves be left off hook?

TANoids, Wailers and their sympathizers are sick in their brain.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by Firefire(m): 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
Buhari and APC is running a government of thieves by thieves and for thieves, Alibaba and his fourty thieves... Pastor Tunde Bakare. 16/08/15.
Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by Beremx(f): 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
Firefire:
Buhari and APC is running a government of thieves by thieves and for thieves,

....and what kind of government did Jonathan run?

Lalasticlala,this thread deserves FP.

3 Likes

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
hinwazaka:
The individual who you referred to in your writeup was actually more accurate than you. An investigation is done to uncover something not known, and not completely suspected. A probe on the other hand is an INVESTIGATION done with a suspicion of something having gone foul, backed by substantial evidence. An investigation is done out of protocol, while a probe is done out of necessity to reach a conclusion
The APC government has no evidence aside hearsay and unwarranted suspicion. What would suffice here is an investigation, not a probe. By issuing out the statement that a probe is been conducted on the past administration is to pass across to people that the government has substantial evidence of financial misappropriation indulged in by elements of the past administration
Though, it's government's responsibility to bring to book those who have flouted the law. It's not the only function of government. According to the understanding of public administration, government has three primary functions
* Defence
* Provision of public amenities
* Law
The government can not push it's other functions to the background, focusing on only one. One very important fact is that we are in perilious economic times. China just devalued their currency forcing pressure on developing nations like ours. This will start a currency war which coupled with hike in US interest rates will seriously affect our exporting market. Now is not the time for a wild goose chase which will gulp so much money, but produce little or nothing

PS: please refrain from putting as examples, the fictious story of a supposed foreigner rushing to a site because of PMB. Its bogus and unfounded. Let's be practical here
I actually did educate APC nay-sayers of the distinction between both terms on my thread. They went dumb after I broke it for them. It is a shame that instead of facing important subject, the OP decided to delve into an unfamiliar terrain in the most shameful manner. Thank you for this piece! They have no case against Kukah and non against GEJ!

We welcome theur so-called probe!

1 Like

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by Firefire(m): 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Beremx:
....and what kind of government did Jonathan run?

When purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable. - Myles Munroe
Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by Beremx(f): 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
Firefire:

When purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable. - Myles Munroe
this does not answer my question.

2 Likes

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by ifelovemi: 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
Firefire:

If you are ashamed of the truth, and being a Christian? It's not too late to renounce your faith.

So U mean telling us to forget and not to ask questions(probe or investigation) about GEJ administration is the truth?

Can you tell me why you TANoids are making this about jonathan as a person. buhari said he his going to probe GEj administartion does not mean he his probing jonathan himself, the last time I check jonathan is not the head of NNPC, CBN, FIRS etc, this aforementioned are headed by Nigeria with constitutional powers to administer over our collective wealth, now someone is asking them to give accounts of there stewardship and somebody is telling him to to face his business, and you there call that the truth. So tell me Mr "Firefire" why and how does Kukah stand on the alter every sunday and tell people not to sin because one day we will all be ask to give account of there stewardship(Probe) before God.

I hope he remember this.

God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by hinwazaka: 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
barcanista:

I actually did educate APC nay-sayers of the distinction between both terms on my thread. They went dumb after I broke it for them. It is a shame that instead of facing important subject, the OP decided to delve into an unfamiliar terrain in the most shameful manner. Thank you for this piece! They have no case against Kukah and non against GEJ!

We welcome theur so-called probe!
Namatse my boss. I always look forward to your view on key issues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by HungerBAD: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
lurther:
I have observed something about APC!!!

Once you tell them the truth, they attack you using the media. This is very bad for Nigeria politics, because, it is a very crude way of oppressing the opposition.

Let a top and honourable man in Nigeria today tell Buhari to declare his assets as he promised, watch how APC starts to publish pictures of the man having phantom cars somewhere or phantom houses somewhere.

I wonder if Tinubu who is corruption-personified is immuned from all this corruption crusade.

If the PDP will stop telling lies about the APC, we will stop telling the truth about them.

2 Likes

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
hinwazaka:

Namatse my boss. I always look forward to your view on key issues

Servant

1 Like

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by hinwazaka: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
ifelovemi:

So U mean telling us to forget and not to ask questions(probe or investigation) about GEJ administration is the truth?

Can you tell me why you TANoids are making this about jonathan as a person. buhari said he his going to probe GEj administartion does not mean he his probing jonathan himself, the last time I check jonathan is not the head of NNPC, CBN, FIRS etc, this aforementioned are headed by Nigeria with constitutional powers to administer over our collective wealth, now someone is asking them to give accounts of there stewardship and somebody is telling him to to face his business, and you there call that the truth. So tell me Mr "Firefire" why and how does Kukah stand on the alter every sunday and tell people not to sin because one day we will all be ask to give account of there stewardship(Probe) before God.

I hope he remember this.

God Bless Nigeria.
The so called "Tanoids" are not making this about GEJ, the APC are the ones dragging his name into anything.
Father Kukah gives liturgies about fairness and order, hence why he doesn't want this to end in disaster. Your pastor should be speaking out to
Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by YoursGEJ(m): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
This post was beautiful, OP

I had already given up on countering barcanista's claims. The boy is so blinded by sentiments that he is not even able to tell litres of petrol from barrels of crude oil. (See post below)

https://www.nairaland.com/2493997/kaduna-refinery-hit-2m-litres

His posts are always full of holes but I don't take the time to point them out because I find arguing with my 8 year old cousin a more intellectually-challenging exercise. I'll be trailing him now because as you rightly said; evil thrives only when good men remain silent.

Once again, nice put-down.

1 Like

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by hinwazaka: 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
HungerBAD:

If the PDP will stop telling lies about the APC, we will stop telling the truth about them.
Please keep on telling your "TRUTH". Your messiah will sing like a canary at the special trials that the Hague will prepare for him after his tenure
Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
omenka:
Good afternoon.

Much as I don't fancy responding to bare-faced lies and overt distortion of facts, it has become absolutely necessary to every once in a while set records straight for posterity because it is said that evil thrives only when good men remain silent.

First off, Reverend Kukah said what he said in plain english and didn't need no one to translate or interpret his message, least of all, the op of the thread being referenced here. It is such a pity some people are totally given to spreading unadulterated falsehood regardless of its effect, just as long as like minds like themselves endorse such inordinate pursuits.

First, the op went:

And then went on to say: These have gotta be the worst attempt at twisting established principles and lexicon I'd ever seen my entire life- all borne out of an undue penchant for opposing anything and everything not of one's political leanings.

First, regarding the first quote, at no point did the government say or give the impression it wasn't approaching the probes with "an open mind" as the op wants his readers to believe. It is a cheap blackmail using such innuendos in reference to the government's policy of bringing treasury looters to book. Unfortunately, there are lots of gullible and genuinely ignorant readers out there who would likely be sold to the op's antics.

That being said, the poster dove even further into the abyss by making the statement in "quote 2". I couldn't just believe what I was reading! What in God's gracious name is meant by "investigating before probing??

Dear readers, here are the definitions of both words (investigate & probe) as stated by the English dictionary as they relate to the subject matter:

The three words investigate, probe, and inquiry are all synonymous and can be used interchangeably in this regard.
Now, note the bolded and the "asterisked" in these definitions and tell me what the difference is. I'm pretty much sure the op of that thread knows this but deliberately made those remarks and endorsed Kukah's due to his fancy for the absurd.

That said, it is really unfortunate he tried to justify Kukah's statement as captured in the first quote in his original post, stating that probes have no place in a democracy such as ours. For the benefit of the ignorant, our Bicameral system of democracy is modeled after America's and I can't think of a democracy within which more "probes" have been conducted than America's: so I really have no idea where Kukah and the op are coming from.

Next, the op stated: First, the government isn't working on "mere speculation".

The op and the rest of us know less than one billionth of what are contained in the handover notes of the immediate past government, and there is no gainsaying they form the bulk of the reasons behind the ongoing probes. Even the ex-president himself admitted he was oblivious of the extent of sleaze that existed under his watch. Contracts running into billions were awarded, some contractors were paid, in some cases fully, yet projects weren't executed.

Just recently, news surfaced about a contractor in who rushed back to site out of fear of being captured in Buhari's anticorruption dragnet- dailyindependentnig.com/2015/08/buhari-phobia-n2-5b-adada-dam-contractor-rushes-back-site/- and it is our believe a lot other such cases that evaded the eyes of the press exist.

The op was being rather tactless saying (agreeing) the probes are a distraction. First, Nigerians from all walks of life who long for a better country are on the same page with the government on this, especially judging from their reactions to Kukah's statements. That aside, the government's purse is thinning due to the crash in the price of crude and she needs all the monies illegally acquired she can mop up from the past officials to finance developmental projects, as she seeks ways to reduce recurrent expenditure.

Furthermore, isn't it mischievous of the op to say the probes are a distraction when the same person holds the opinion that they should be extended to cover regimes that precede Jonathan's? When that is done, does it mean it is no longer a "distraction"

On the "number 1" thingy, that has already been dealt with- there is no difference between a probe and an investigation.

Lastly, to crown his mischief, the op went: This is just absolutely laughable! Here's the op saying Buhari should "investigate" them first, then "thoroughly investigate" them!! I really am at a loss of word to qualify this. smiley

Whatever it is, we know the antecedents of the poster and don't expect less from him- today he adorn's kukah with a robe of sainthood, we all know what he would say of the reverend should he make remarks critical of Jonathan's admin tomorrow, but it is incumbent on those with enlightened and discerning minds to speak up when logic and reason appear to be turned on their heads with its devastating consequences. The least we can do is what we do here when we find the time to- defuse and disarm PDP propaganda.

Thank you.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala.

Omenka! Omenka!!
Fulani herdsmen are coming!!!

1 Like

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by hinwazaka: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
sureguy02:

Servant
Uncultured scallywag
Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by Jesusloveyou: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
Firefire:

God bless you.

APC hate hearing the truth.
which truth, that probing is not investigation, like ur clueless corrupt hero that said stealing is not corruption, tell ur chief wailer to hide his head in shame,
Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by EdCure: 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

You seem to forget that these same worshippers of President Jonathan fought tooth and nail to defend the statement their hero made about stealing not being corruption so why are you surprised?
You are just giving undue attention to someone who does not deserve it.
Yes, he doesn't deserve attention. I don't even open his threads. But his posts get pushed to frontpage...and you know what that implies.

5 Likes

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by naijaking1: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
lurther:
I have observed something about APC!!!

Once you tell them the truth, they attack you using the media. This is very bad for Nigeria politics, because, it is a very crude way of oppressing the opposition.

Let a top and honourable man in Nigeria today tell Buhari to declare his assets as he promised, watch how APC starts to publish pictures of the man having phantom cars somewhere or phantom houses somewhere.

I wonder if Tinubu who is corruption-personified is immuned from all this corruption crusade.

That's why we now suspect that all the song and dance moves about fighting corruption by this Buhari man is actually a well cooked up deceptive strategy to cover up those people like Tinubu, and Amechi who sucked their own people dry in order to put Buhari i n office.
Once again, once PDP understands the game they would come out full force to demand real investigation of all suspects.

1 Like

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by vedaxcool(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
I have written off protection seeker he seems to fool only the weak minded.
Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by mrrock: 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
@OP.

Please inform your pay masters I need a job too. I'm ready to work with your team, if writing this type of piece defending them is all you people do to buy posh cars, acquire houses in Maitama, Abuja, and have fat bank accounts.

1 Like

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by HungerBAD: 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
mrrock:
@OP.

Please inform your pay masters I need a job too. I'm ready to work with your team, if writing this type of piece defending them is all you people do to buy posh cars, acquire houses in Maitama, Abuja, and have fat bank accounts.

But first you need to get educated.

2 Likes

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by joeyfire(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Op go through this video and show us where kukuh said GEJ should not be probed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUc27DlXuM0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF5gtft-Sc0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVn0AvfMYj4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

APC na lying industry na. They know kukah never said GEJ should be let off the hook but they cant help but spin stories and lie like rats. Its a spiritual matter bros grin

1 Like

Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by dynamitedj(m): 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
once your only source of information is Newspaper you are bound to be a an informed lunatic ###########Nonsense
Re: "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. by dynamitedj(m): 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
once your only source of information is Newspaper you are bound to be an informed lunatic ###########Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Japan Did This In 2 Days! How Long Will It Take Your Country? (pic) / Tinubu Urinates On Himself Again, Cameras Asked To Switch Off / Buhari: Nigerians Will Vote In Peaceful Atmosphere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.