Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) (40049 Views)

Man With Sledge Hammer Breaks Windows Of Hit-&-Run SUV As Driver Tries To Flee / Hit And Run Driver Advised To Report Voluntarily To Ajah Police Station / FKJ346BT - See Face Of A Hit And Run Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by ElPhoche(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2015
Op, you are very silly. I wonder when this trend of snapping accident victims instead of helping them, would stop. If you cannot offer help, shift from there and dont snap. Common 112, could help. Giving an excuse that hospitals would reject him is arrant nonsense. Some private hospitals would accept him. Every govt hospital is mandated to accept him.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Melahou(m): 9:51am On Aug 17, 2015
runnazz:

Oga forget that thing I can still remember a time in my uni days we where out one night drinking and the bar was close to the road all of a sudden a pick up truck hit aan old woman pushing a wheel barrow myself,friends & brothers left our table blocked the road and stopped a car placed her inside and took her to the hospital n we just didn't drop her and leave we made sure she was attended to immediately before we left in turns until her grandchildren started coming.. although she still died days later. so guy frget help an accident victim if you can it could be u or anyone of us.

noted

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by simplynola(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2015
All these caused by the Nigerian Police. No one wants to rescue cuz no one wants to get detained, the only help they can render is to call the ambulance (LASAMBUS). Even Doctors will drive pass

2 Likes

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Can't they rush him to the hospital, why watch as if he is a movie

Just to inform those shouting take him to the hospital.
You do not touch a victim of accident. Trying to move him can kill him. Instead, call for medical help and let professionals do their jobs.

It is unfortunate Nigeria has a long way to go.
Peeps shouldn't be taking pics except they are journalists.

2 Likes

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 17, 2015
Lanretoye:
Some fools be talking rubbish here, as if they dont know what's obtainable in this country.
innocent person takes him to the hospital and the next thing is to go and get police report before they can attend to the victim...the person that takes him to the hospital will still have to foot the bills oo.
the police may even hold hold down or detain him for a crime he didnt commit.

insofar as it is in nigeria and as fas as i am concerned, the only thing i can do is to call the helpline.
In reality 1/10 of those commenting here can do more than calling the emergency centre.

must you swear or use foul language before u send a message across...why do we love to hate so much? is it poverty or part of our up bringing or the situation of the country has eaten deep into u that u can't do nothing but Hate? maybe it's a combination of all
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by seangy4konji: 9:58am On Aug 17, 2015
All of you saying can they not rush him to hospital are just Idiots talking as if you are not in Nigeria....

If you take that man n your car with the intention of helping him and he should dieThe office police will open on you will be second to none...If he did not die in the car,he might not be treated before you get a police report which the police will demand from you before issuing...

God forbid bad thing,the police might just tell you point blank you were the one who did it and the people who are advising you to be the hero will stylishly leave you to clear yourself with different statements and bull craps...

Its not that people are that heartless...its just the society that we are in.

3 Likes

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by callmelanner(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2015
don't blame the OP... do u want him to spend sometime in the cell if unfortunately d victim die? only a good Samaritan who is willing to confront anything that comes his way will help the man.

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Blakjewelry(m): 10:04am On Aug 17, 2015
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Just to inform those shouting take him to the hospital.
You do not touch a victim of accident. Trying to move him can kill him. Instead, call for medical help and let professionals do their jobs.

It is unfortunate Nigeria has a long way to go.
Peeps shouldn't be taking pics except they are journalists.
Even if its the right thing to do, here is not the developed world where you can call emergency hot lines.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Melahou(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2015
laudate:
God will punish the idiot that took pictures of the man and posted it online, instead of rushing him to the nearest hospital for help so that they can save his life!

If you OP are in a critical condition, may others be taking pictures of you, instead of helping you get medical attention to save your life!! Bloody IDIOT. angry

haba...
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by qtx(m): 10:09am On Aug 17, 2015
Its so painful, how man can so wicked. May God help him recover.

[url]robminds.com[/url]
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by ebuka440: 10:11am On Aug 17, 2015
Lagosian's are very stupid. They can't even take him to the hospital.
May God have mercy on him
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Orikinla(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2015
POPdecorator:
FTC i no shout but if na some childish guy or gel dem go go hire DJ

op y can't u render d victim some help before posting it here
[size=18pt]
LAGOS STATE EMERGENCY NUMBERS AGENCY NUMBERS
Distress Call 767, 112 Distressed/Collapsed Building

(LASPPDA) 01-5931947, 4933658, 4931940, 7630854
Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS/LASEMS)
08022887777,08022883678,08022887788, 01-7413744,01-7930490,01-7639939
Environmental Monitoring
0803318347078,043705057, 08023036632 Flooding/Blocked Drainage (EFAG) 08056145481, 08023298197, 08096019599, 08056145484, 08055988566
Health...
http://lagosmums.com/tag/lagos-state-emergency-numbers/
TO ALL MEMBERS
Please note the following telephone lines to contact in case of any complaints involving any of the agencies listed:
LAGOS EMERGENCY LINES
STATE AGENCIES

1.Fire and Safety Services
Control Room Phone Nos:
01- 7944929; 080-33235892; 080-33235890;
080-23321770; 080-56374036.

2.Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)
Lagos Zonal Command Phone Nos: 080-33706639; 01-7742771
Sector Commander Phone Nos: 080-34346168; 01-2881304

3.LASTMA Emergency Numbers
:080-75005411, 080-60152462; 080-23111742; 080-29728371; 080-23909364; 080-77551000; 01-7904983

4.KAI Brigade
Phone nos: 080-23036632; 080-55284914
Head Office Phone nos: 01-4703325; 01-7743026
5.Rapid Response Squad (RRS)
070-55350249; 070-35068242; 080-79279349; 080-63299264;070 55462708;080-65154338, 767.
Email: rapidresponsesquad@yahoo.com

6.Health services
LASAMBUSAmbulance Services
Phone Nos: 01-4979844; 01-4979866; 01-4979899;01-4979888; 01-2637853-4; 080-33057916; 080-33051918-9; 080-29000003-5

7.Office of Special Adviser on Taxation and Revenue, Lagos State
For all complaints on Tax matters, please contact Gbemi Dio on 0802324623
http://www.lagoschamber.com/download/Downloads/LAGOS_EMERGENCY_LINES.pdf

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 10:33am On Aug 17, 2015
Hello idiots!
I was the one who snapped the pictures. And the man was dead on the spot. His head was smashed on one side. He had no heartbeat or pulse. He was waiting for a vehicle with two of his friends. Those ones were still breathing after the hit and were rushed to the hospital by fellow motorists. He was checked by a medical personnel who was around us and he was already confirmed dead. We agreed to take pictures to post online so his family and friends might be informed. As we didn't find a phone on him.
We even went to the nearest police station to ask for a police report so we can take him to the mortuary and we were denied.
Eventually, we found his phone in the bushes and were able to locate his family members. And we waited until they came to pick his body and soldiers drove behind them, as the soldiers eventually came to the location and told everyone to step back.
So if you like curse me from now till next year, I know what I did was in good fate. Some of you idiots would drive by without stopping at 11pm at night.
I am a young lady and won't carry a corpse anywhere without the right documentation, as I am not a medical personnel.
Two police vans drove by us They didn't even answer all our screams to advice us on how to handle this corpse. Infact at the Ajiwe police station they told us to go back that they can't help us with a report. It was even some soldiers who stopped by eventually, not the useless police officers.
So you fools can keep cursing your ancestors since that's what you sit here doing. angry

2 Likes

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2015
You won't blame your failed system that doesn't handle emergencies properly and blame every helping hand by tagging them as the murderers. You come online and throw insults.
Bunch of fools!
You can keep cursing. I don't belong to this forum and only opened an accounts to reply all the idiots on here. So I won't see your foolish remarks.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 10:37am On Aug 17, 2015
Is it not countries like ours that have emergency hotlines? If you are so 'good' when you see an accident victim next time just try and take him to the hospital or and see what you will get....
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 10:39am On Aug 17, 2015
Melahou:

haba...

It is you that God will punish. Mannerless pig!

(not you Melahou! It's the idiot you replied to)
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by laudate: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2015
Fastfingers:
Hello idiots!
I was the one who snapped the pictures. And the man was dead on the spot. His head was smashed on one side. He had no heartbeat or pulse. He was waiting for a vehicle with two of his friends. Those ones were still breathing after the hit and were rushed to the hospital by fellow motorists. He was checked by a medical personnel who was around us and he was already confirmed dead. We agreed to take pictures to post online so his family and friends might be informed. As we didn't find a phone on him.
We even went to the nearest police station to ask for a police report so we can take him to the mortuary and we were denied.
Eventually, we found his phone in the bushes and were able to locate his family members. And we waited until they came to pick his body and soldiers drove behind them, as the soldiers eventually came to the location and told everyone to step back.
So if you like curse me from now till next year, I know what I did was in good fate. Some of you idiots would drive by without stopping at 11pm at night.
I am a young lady and won't carry a corpse anywhere without the right documentation, as I am not a medical personnel.
Two police vans drove by us They didn't even answer all our screams to advice us on how to handle this corpse. Infact at the Ajiwe police station they told us to go back that they can't help us with a report. It was even some soldiers who stopped by eventually, not the useless police officers.
So you fools can keep cursing your ancestors since that's what you sit here doing. angry

Madam, you could have saved yourself and a lot of posters the stress, if you had included all these facts in your initial post on this thread, instead of just posting the pictures alone and claiming his condition was 'critical'!! shocked shocked

It was based on that initial information in your very first opening post, that a lot of people responded to your comments.

If what you are saying here now, in this latest post is the real truth... then you have done your bit as a good corporate citizen. And God Almighty will bless you. Always learn to give the true picture and the full facts, whenever you post anything online! angry And there is no need to vent, when you failed to include all the relevant details.

It helps to always give the correct facts!

2 Likes

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2015
seangy4konji:
All of you saying can they not rush him to hospital are just Idiots talking as if you are not in Nigeria....

If you take that man n your car with the intention of helping him and he should dieThe office police will open on you will be second to none...If he did not die in the car,he might not be treated before you get a police report which the police will demand from you before issuing...

God forbid bad thing,the police might just tell you point blank you were the one who did it and the people who are advising you to be the hero will stylishly leave you to clear yourself with different statements and bull craps...

Its not that people are that heartless...its just the society that we are in.

Tell them!!
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2015
runnazz:

must you swear or use foul language before u send a message across...why do we love to hate so much? is it poverty or part of our up bringing or the situation of the country has eaten deep into u that u can't do nothing but Hate? maybe it's a combination of all

Some of them will drive by and not stop! She I the person who hit the man didn't stop?? They are on here spilling insults.

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2015
laudate:

Madam, you could have saved yourself and a lot of posters the stress, if you had included all these facts in your initial post on this thread, instead of just posting the pictures alone and claiming his condition was 'critical'!! shocked shocked

It was based on that initial information in your very first opening post, that a lot of people responded to your comments.

If what you are saying here now, in this latest post is the real truth... then you have done your bit as a good corporate citizen. And God Almighty will bless you. Always learn to give the true picture and the full facts, whenever you post anything online! angry And there is no need to vent, when you failed to include all the relevant details.

It helps!

Is that why Nigerians just insult people anyhow? Are we not in this country? Don't we know what happens in situations like this? I cried yesterday on seeing this man but I was helpless. I had to send it to a friend to post for me as I couldn't even get online due to bad network. So my friend did as he could since he wasn't even there.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2015
Can you imagine that? And people are watching o! Anyways, I noticed he sagged his jeans. This could also be responsible for him not being able to actually cross the road on time.

Last Friday here, we just finished building a new house and was trying to connect electricity to d new house, when one of d workers was almost electrocuted in an instant the paramedics where there b4 d ambulance came. I was so impressed that I had to take a foto.

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by samsongbemisola(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2015
Too bad,people will just be standing and loking without helping the victim. I also saw a lifeless,smashed body along Agege Motor Road in National bus stop very close to Ikeja along. It seems the the victim was hit last night and other Vehicles were just runing over the body unaware , the body had been smached beyond recongnition, the body is still there now. I would have ten the picture a post it here but I can't cus I felt like throwing up.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2015
samsongbemisola:
Too bad,people will just be standing and loking without helping the victim. I also saw a lifeless,smashed body along Agege Motor Road in National bus stop very close to Ikeja along. It seems the the victim was hit last night and other Vehicles were just runing over the body unaware , the body had been smached beyond recongnition, the body is still there now. I would have ten the picture a post it here but I can't cus I felt like throwing up.

Why didn't you alert the police? You drove past too. And you think you are better than the ones who drove on the smashed body. You should have stopped and ran to the nearest police station to report nah. As a good citizen.
No. You held your nose and looked disgusted and walked away. Abi?
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:01am On Aug 17, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
@op instead of taking pictures, why not help get him to the nearest hospital?
This world we now live in is a complete joke. Where people would rather take pictures of a dying person instead of helping them
God help us

Nobody wan je gbese na.... if they pick him up now, he die for thier hand, police no go hear story o..go to the prisons and see people languishing there for being good Samaritans... so don't blame people.

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by lexy2014: 11:06am On Aug 17, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Y8tmcXkZju0/VdFuhElJF8I/AAAAAAACIww/dxhkw2b6T44/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
A man whose name is Ani Ernest Friday is said to be lying down at Ajah roundabout ,Lagos after being knocked down by a hit and run driver ..He is said to be in a critical condition and no help has come his way yet ..
[img]http://3.bp..com/-3o8Ry6_U7DY/VdFtd8mwPzI/AAAAAAACIwQ/QQKCIY9QduI/s1600/CMkGpdbU8AAxArk.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-RfOgW1B0BYU/VdFtfVs08dI/AAAAAAACIwY/VI5lrStEdEA/s1600/CMkGpjiUAAAuEEX.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-9Ya1wGZrrNk/VdFtg64CJBI/AAAAAAACIwg/_-024WrJAnw/s1600/CMkGpfPUkAA0Aod.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-llpyAsMPjTM/VdFtiiZtd_I/AAAAAAACIwo/jMjyLPdeCsU/s1600/CMkGpcOUkAAh3P3.jpg[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/photos-victim-of-hit-and-run-lying.html

this is unacceptable cos i no there are so many policemen at d roundabout precisely at addo road junction. God will help us in nigeria
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 11:11am On Aug 17, 2015
lexy2014:
this is unacceptable cos i no there are so many policemen at d roundabout precisely at addo road junction. God will help us in nigeria

They were driving past and refused to answer us!! We went to beg them TWICE!! Even at d Ajiwe station. They refused to give us a police report.

I reject this for even my enemy. Cos yday I knew naija was messed up! Let abusers be here abusing their ancestors.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2015
But they can reach out to the necessary agencies like the NEMA, Ambulance etc
JeffreyJamez:

Nobody wan je gbese na.... if they pick him up now, he die for thier hand, police no go hear story o..go to the prisons and see people languishing there for being good Samaritans... so don't blame people.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by samsongbemisola(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2015
Too bad,people will just be standing and loking without helping the victim. I also saw a lifeless,smashed body along Agege Motor Road in National bus stop very close to Ikeja along. It seems the the victim was hit last night and other Vehicles were just runing over the body unaware , the body had been smached beyond recongnition, the body is still there now.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
But they can reach out to the necessary agencies like the NEMA, Ambulance etc

What gives you the impression they haven't done so?.... lol

Guy see in bene republic, when an accident occurs, NOBODY will touch the victims,even if the victim is crying and begging for help, they'll just be looking at him until ambulance comes, do you know how many people have died because of that policy?. .. it's not only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 17, 2015
Fastfingers:

Some of them will drive by and not stop! She I the person who hit the man didn't stop?? They are on here spilling insults.

it's just the way it is... very tragic
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2015
All the people standing near the guy are useless. E be like say their brain dey empty.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by fragile96: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2015
I dnt knw wy most of u r blaming d Op, as if u dnt knw how d system works in naija. If he tkes him to d hospital, he'd av to get a police report first, den pay d deposit for d treatment. How many of u is ready to do dat for a stranger, and if unluckily d victim dies, he wud be held responsible. Can u all bear dat? He has done one of d best option: either call d emergency number (757) or so... Or do dis, which he has done. Stop blaming pple for taking pictures and posting online. A family or friend of his might av seen dis now, and rushed down to d place to help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Innoson’s Military Vehicles / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Woman Argues Before Apologizing For Crashing Man's Car In UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.