Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Taye Taiwo Too Expensive For Man City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taye Taiwo Too Expensive For Man City (855 Views)

Taye Taiwo Joins Dynamo Kiev / Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini / Taye Taiwo Joins Ac Milan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taye Taiwo Too Expensive For Man City by iReport: 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2009
Taye Taiwo too expensive for Man City
By Tunde Ogunesan
Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SUPER Eagles defender, Taye Taiwo’s dream of plying his trade in the lucrative and fa-mous English Premiership may not materialise at the end of the day going by the price tag on him by his French club, placed Olympique Marseille.

Taye Taiwo (left) vies for the ball with Ajax Amsterdam’s defender, Miralem Sulemani, during the UEFA Cup Football match at the Velodrome in Marseille. Photo: AFP

Taiwo, who has been a subject of transfer speculations in recent time with Manchester City, has a price tag of £18m (about N3.7b) placed on him by Marseille, a price said to be on a high side by the Sheikh millionaire.

Manchester City has never hidden its desire to sign the Nigerian left back but has not been able to convince Marseille to sell. The situation led to Mark Hughes side going for former Chelsea left back,Wayne Bridge during the January transfer window.

City is said to be willing to part with £10m for the Nigerian international but Marseille is hell bent on the £18m price tag. Everton and Italian giant, AC Milan are other clubsides interested in capturing the signature of the former Lobi Stars solid defender.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/24/607.html

(1) (Reply)

Dele Adeleye - I Will Wait For My Time / Nigeria Vs Colombia New Venue Again I Give Up / Pacquiao Defeat Marquez By Majority Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.