Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s (10845 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Hoodlums Who Invaded Rivers LGA Ahead Of Re-run Election. Photos / INEC Declares Uwajumogu Of APC Winner Of Imo Senatorial Re-run Election / Party Agent Attacked At Benue-South Re-Run Election - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
alfred5:

Because you only focused on AkwaIbom and River States... Guess what, you will surely be disappointed.

Thank you!

in other words, u simply cant substantiate ur claims right?
All sane minds can now see that u lied no doubt.

3 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by size40: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
alfred5:

Have you ask your self,, why APC in Imo state, Plateau states refused inspections too?
Those in those states should make case for themselves over there if things are not properly done. Here am talking about my beloved Rivers State OK? We want the best for our state. We want a governor that can replicate Amaechi's achievements or even surpass him. An not a joker like Wike who had no success record to show after 8years as my local govt chairman. 4 years as chief of staff in R/S. Another 4 years as an Education minister where universities were closed down for one full academic session without finding solutions. But 2 weeks after the former governor of Kano state Shakarau, took over, everything was resolved.

6 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by staymore: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:
Mumu no matter what the tribunal rules,the case would still have to go to the appeal court and supreme court before we even start talking of another election which APC does not stand a chance.

Unless yorubas in lagos and Osun are allowed to vote,APC can never win in River state

Hey! Don't underestimate APC in Rivers State.

4 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
staymore:

Hey! Don't underestimate APC in Rivers State.

YES I KNOW HOW "POWERFUL"THEY ARE IN RIVERS STATE.THAT IS WHY THEY COULDNT EVEN WIN A SINGLE STATE OF ASSEMBLY SEAT DURING THE LAST ELECTIONS grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by chukel(m): 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo do I exhibit any sign of fear? Am i the one who created this useless thread? FYI the law on governorship tribunals have since been amended.The governorship cases now end up in the supreme court.You may ask any of your lawyer friends or use google for confirmation.
paapa, as expected u will throw tantrums. U twist the constitution when u want. I really pity ur offsprings.

3 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by staymore: 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

YES I KNOW HOW "POWERFUL"THEY ARE IN RIVERS STATE.THAT IS WHY THEY COULDNT EVEN WIN A SINGLE STATE OF ASSEMBLY SEAT DURING THE LAST ELECTIONS grin grin grin grin grin grin

Stop misinforming people and find out the party representing Eleme constituency in the RVHA.

4 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Iykopee(m): 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
Demdem:

LIAR !!!!!

On the salaries of civil servants, Mr. Amaechi stated that they received their March salaries while payment for April salaries had commenced by the time his administration was winding down.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/185593-how-i-delivered-good-governance-to-rivers-state-amaechi.html

why wont wike pay up? the last allocation Amaechi received was 8Billion and he was receiving close to that since last year. Wike on the other hand first allocation due to Buharis prudence in the month of june was 12Billion. In july, Wike received 25Billion. All these huge sums despite low high prices. The thug also borrowed 30Billion within 30 days. so u see, Wike had no financial constraints. he had no choice but to pay up.

^^^^ the rubbish from premium times had notin to do with reality on ground. My own brother got no salary for 3 months untill wike came.
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
staymore:

Stop misinforming people and find out the party representing Eleme constituency in the RVHA.

SORRY FOR MY MISTAKE.THEY ARE VERY POWERFUL AND THAT IS WHY THERE WERE ONLY ABLE TO WIN JUST ONE SEAT I THE STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
Iykopee:

^^^^ the rubbish from premium times had notin to do

if only u are sound upstairs, u would have realised that premium times didnt manufacture the report, they only reported what Amaechi publicly told the public. other dailies carried the same story.

with reality on ground.

What reality? the lie u shared out for all to consume?

My own brother got no salary for 3 months untill wike came.

Any goon can come out to claim otherwise. already, someone else has said the opposite. The truth of the matter is during these period, NLC rivers was about to go on strike but they didnt because the RVSG went ahead in fulfilling her promise of paying March salaries. for those in Rivers who have no short memories, this actually transpired. By the time Amaechi was leaving, some workers were receiving April salaries.
Ur brother lied to u simply because he doesnt want ur jobless kind to shorten his ration from his salary.
Thats a fact.

1 Like

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

chukwudi44:

SORRY FOR MY MISTAKE.THEY ARE VERY POWERFUL AND THAT IS WHY THERE WERE ONLY ABLE TO WIN JUST ONE SEAT I THE STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY grin grin grin grin grin

Chukwumumu, smh !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Jesusloveyou: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
Mogidi:
*Lying Liar* detected

Spits and runs away from thread.
d op was too much for you, u could not stand d truth and reality on ground

2 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Jesusloveyou: 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

if pdp was strong as u think, why wil they rigg all d election in river state

5 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Jesusloveyou: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:
Mumu no matter what the tribunal rules,the case would still have to go to the appeal court and supreme court before we even start talking of another election which APC does not stand a chance.

Unless yorubas in lagos and Osun are allowed to vote,APC can never win in River state
ur mumuism is getting too much by d day, even if it get to higher supreme court, wike must go

2 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by saintopus(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
size40:
Wike and the PDP have been using all manners of delay tactics to undo the APC. They claimed to have won election, why are they so afraid? Everything happening in Rivers state shows there was no election in Rivers state. Months after the election, they have refused for the inspection of electoral materials by the APC.until recent protest by the APC at the INEC HQs at Abuja where they ordered police from INEC HQs from Abuja to Rivers State for APC to commence inspection. Even at that, the PDP went on to destroy the 2 Generators there and damaged the electricity supply there. Yes, I may not like Wike and the PDP. But they have to win fairly. All what happened in R/S b4, during and after election was warfare and not election. I don't subscribe to violent election whether they are coming from my party, the APC or the PDP. Election did not take place in many part of R/S during last election including my ward ward 11 of Obio/Ajkpor, where I was supposed to vote. But we were all shocked to hear several thousands of vote declared by INEC in d state in favour of Wike.

Let us assume Dakuku wins in the election tribunal. How is he going to govern a state house of assembly where all its members are PDP. Let us also assume that he will close down both the judiciary and the house of assembly as Amaechi did.How are they going to pass laws considering the fact that APC law makers which are three in number can not form a majority to enable a legislative passage of any law.. Let us also assume that they annulled the election in the house of assembly. A task that will indict the INEC Chairman. In all fairness I think the Rivers state election even if they give to Peterside he will find it difficult to govern the state.

My opinion though
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Iykopee(m): 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=Demdem post=37048528][/quote]

^^^^ foolish post. If u are sound upstairs u shudn't have argued a bit that amaechi neva owed salaries before leaving office without proper investigation from civil servants in Rivers state. And in my brothers case it was 3 months. Premiumtimes took that junk info from amaechi and his coterie of lying goons.
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
Iykopee:

^^^^ foolish post. If u are sound upstairs u shudn't have argued a bit that amaechi neva owed salaries before leaving office without proper investigation from civil servants in Rivers state. And in my brothers case it was 3 months. Premiumtimes took that junk info from amaechi and his coterie of lying goons.

Fool, u are fast sounding daft no doubt. i never for once claimed such, go back and check my past posts. U and ur shameless brothers are the ones exaggerating the number of months Amaechi owned. It doesnt make it true. Again, not only premium times carried the news, other dailies also carried it.
Receive sense fool.

2 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Olaolufred(m): 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

You seems ho be the one fooling yourself?

You did not proof that there will be no election, you only posited that you could by time with legal bureaucracy.

After supreme court there will be another election.

1 Like

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by crystalzoe: 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2015
Belexy95:
Get your facts right next time before posting. Amaechi didnt owe civil servants 3 months salaries. For the records, My wife works with the state civil service. Some were owed only may while others were owed April and may.
liar! liar! pants on fire!
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
Olaolufred:

You seems ho be the one fooling yourself?

You did not proof that there will be no election, you only posited that you could by time with legal bureaucracy.

After supreme court there will be another election.

They court Judgement could go either ways!!! Wike might even win the case.You are just assuming The APC will prevail.Dont forget the insult Amaechi handed to the NJC.That would be time to pay him back.

Politics aside Wike won the election and will win it again if it is conducted hundred times
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
if pdp was strong as u think, why wil they rigg all d election in river state

Olodo if you are so sure the elections were rigged then go to the tribunal and testify for Dakuku and stop fooling yourself here on nairaland
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Iykopee(m): 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, u are fast sounding daft no doubt. i never for once claimed such, go back and check my past posts. U and ur shameless brothers are the ones exaggerating the number of months Amaechi owned. It doesnt make it true. Again, not only premium times carried the news, other dailies also carried it.
Receive sense fool.

^^^^ brainless bastard. Must u argue over what u knw notin about? Are u a civil servant in Rivers state? Senseless maggot..... Keep referring to online dailies on the issue with junk reportage while running away from reality on ground..

1 Like

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Olaolufred(m): 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

They court Judgement could go either ways!!! Wike might even win the case.You are just assuming The APC will prevail.Dont forget the insult Amaechi handed to the NJC.That would be time to pay him back.

Politics aside Wike won the election and will win it again if it is conducted hundred times

No problem about anybody wining. Election must hold. That is all we requested. The fraud of march 28 cannot stand. Evidences are available.
Just wait and see. You know how we became friend through your twist and re twist of constitution on Tambuwal case. You lost it. Tambuwal was the one who sat to pass your budget despite all your chest beating. Time again will tell.

2 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 7:28am On Aug 18, 2015
Iykopee:

^^^^ brainless bastard. Must u argue over what u knw notin about? Are u a civil servant in Rivers state? Senseless maggot..... Keep referring to online dailies on the issue with junk reportage while running away from reality on ground..

Bastard son of a rotten kunt, so in ur daft state u are the only one on ground right? u and ur pathetic brothers who happens to be members of the killer parties are the only ones who truly have the facts right?
Hopeless morron, what i stated was the truth and nothing u or ur shameless brothers can do about it.
NLC never went on strike during this period despite their threats because the govt paid March salary, that is a fact and it did transpired right here in Rivers, below are my verifiable facts..............present urs as told u by ur cursed brothers..........am waiting.........

1 Like

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2015
NLC Suspends Planned Strike in Rivers, Says March, April Salaries Payment Ongoing

The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) said it has suspended a planned protest over non payment of salaries of civil servants in Rivers State.

One of the claimants to the chairmanship position of the NLC in Rivers State, Beatrice Tubo, said this at a meeting with the Trade Union Congress (TUC) at a joint public negotiating council on Wednesday.

Tubo said that the Rivers State Government has commenced payment of March and April salaries to the civil servants.

She said: “We finally met with the government and some other perm secs and we all have agreed that government has started doing something; what we have asked for. So many banks have called us to confirm that they have received. We have been promised that by Friday they will commence the process of payment of April salaries as well. And being a responsible and organised labour, we saw that the issues we are canvassing have already been addressed and so we cannot continue with the action and we are calling on our members to be calm.”
She further assured workers that NLC would ensure that the present administration paid all outstanding salaries of workers before its exit.
“I am assuring the workers from what we have that since so many people have been paid that the process has commenced. We don’t want trouble. But they should be rest assured that nobody will exit with our money,” she added.

Earlier, workers and pensioners on Wednesday besieged the Rivers State Secretariat in Port Harcourt to protest the non-payment of their salaries and pension arrears by the state government.
The surrounding area of the secretariat witnessed a gridlock for some time as workers and pensioners chanted war songs, moved in droves to the secretariat at about 9am calling on the state government to pay their salaries and pensions.

One of the leaders of the protesting workers, Mr. Tony Ochiagha, told journalists that the protest became necessary as a result of the two months salaries owed them by the state government.
He said that it was the first time in the history of civil service in the state that workers would be owed for two months, while pointing out that the third month was already approaching.

http://www.chiomaandy.com/2015/05/nlc-suspends-planned-strike-in-rivers.html

1 Like

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 18, 2015
Abagworo:

Let us wait till the elections. Ikwerre has done 8 years from 2007 to 2015 and Odili from Ndoni another suspiciously Igbo part of Rivers State did 8 years making it 16 uninterrupted hold by the uplanders. The truth is that it has to go riverine for justice and equity.

The same way it had to go North at federal level is how it will go riverine at State level. God bless Rivers State and Nigeria.

Igbo man that hates IGBOS.... u must be a Bastar.d who doesnt know his father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 7:34am On Aug 18, 2015
Rivers NLC shelves strike action, demands response over workers’ salaries

Nigeria Labour Congress NLC, Rivers State chapter has put on hold its planned industrial action earlier scheduled to take place before weekend over workers’ outstanding salaries and pensioners’ allowances.

Speaking on the development in Port Harcourt, the state Chairman of the NLC Comrade Beatrice Itubo, told newsmen that the Congress postponed the proposed strike action based on the progress made in course of the congress meeting with the Rivers State government officials.

Mrs. Itubo commended the steps taken by the state government to commence the payment of salaries to workers and pensioners’ allowances for the month March. According to her, the NLC believed in using to diplomatic means to ensure that salaries and allowances owed the civil servants in the state are paid before the expiration of the tenure of the present administration. She argued that if this is done, the in-coming administration would run the affairs of the state on a sound financial footing.

The state NLC boss expressed optimism that government would make good its promise to offset salaries owed workersfor the month of March 2015. She used the occasion to reiterate the fact that stressed that under her leadership, the state NLC would not be inactive, stressing that she possessed the capacity to protect the workers’ interest without compromise. But she urged workers in the state to give necessary support for her leadership in the struggle to ensure workers improved working condition.

- See more at: http://nigerianpilot.com/rivers-nlc-shelves-strike-action-demands-response-over-workers-salaries/#sthash.D1YrSd5H.dpuf
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 7:35am On Aug 18, 2015
Where are those fools who claimed to be Rivers workers and that Amaechi owned them 3 Months of salaries before he left? for those interested in the truth, below is the truth

On the salaries of civil servants, Mr. Amaechi stated that they received their March salaries while payment for April salaries had commenced by the time his administration was winding down.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/185593-how-i-delivered-good-governance-to-rivers-state-amaechi.html

1 Like

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2015
Demdem:

Pending when u substantiate this allegation of urs, i think its safe to conclusively declare that its a Lie

And you pretend You never knew this...even the judge went on national TV to say that you can not use the case of Imo to compare other states ....so does it mean the laws are diff from state to state..... Yorubas and hausas dont want any development in SS and SE thats why Buhari and APC are using the stooge Amaechi to perpetrate harm to his ppl..... Nemesis will catch up with that Judas of Ubima
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 18, 2015
Demdem:
Where are those fools who claimed to be Rivers workers and that Amaechi owned them 3 Months of salaries before he left? for those interested in the truth, below is the truth

This is all bullshit, you want us to take you serious and believe you quoting this criminal and a liar undecided undecided undecided, rubbish @ how I delivered good governance to Rivers....when there is no ordinary good roads after spending almost 3 trillion naira for 8 yrs
Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

And you pretend You never knew this...even the judge went on national TV to say that you can not use the case of Imo to compare other states ....so does it mean the laws are diff from state to state.....

Stop being sillly, its a different thing u chaps are referring to. Even though i doubt ur "judge went on national TV crap" (because no judge will do such) i knew what transpired. The chap i quoted claimed PDP was denied inspection of material in Imo but i put it to u that the case didnt even get to that stage. Ihediohas petition was thrown out due to technicalities, the same technicality wikes lawyers relied upon that they wanted to use against Dakuku which happens to be about suit charges and the likes but was struck out yesterday. Ihedioha still has an option of appeal if he wants to.

[s] Yorubas and hausas dont want any development in SS and SE thats why Buhari and APC are using the stooge Amaechi to perpetrate harm to his ppl..... Nemesis will catch up with that Judas of Ubima[/s]

Bunkum. Foolish Talk.

1 Like

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Demdem(m): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

This is all bullshit, you want us to take you serious and believe you quoting this criminal and a liar undecided undecided undecided, rubbish @ how I delivered good governance to Rivers....when there is no ordinary good roads after spending almost 3 trillion naira for 8 yrs

Fool, but u can believe Wike the thug right? gullible u.
Anyway, NLC Rivers corraborated the claims of Amaechi and never went on strike as threatened by them because Amaechis govt paid up. what can u say to that? Deal with that fool. By the way, are u saying that Amaechi never built good roads in Rivers? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Re-run Election Is Imminent In R/s by Beremx(f): 7:58am On Aug 18, 2015
saintopus:

Let us assume Dakuku wins in the election tribunal. How is he going to govern a state house of assembly where all its members are PDP. Let us also assume that he will close down both the judiciary and the house of assembly as Amaechi did.How are they going to pass laws considering the fact that APC law makers which are three in number can not form a majority to enable a legislative passage of any law.. Let us also assume that they annulled the election in the house of assembly. A task that will indict the INEC Chairman. In all fairness I think the Rivers state election even if they give to Peterside he will find it difficult to govern the state.

My opinion though
is that a problem? That is not a new thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Council On Foreign Relations Honors Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala For Shaping The World / Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure / Toll Gates: Stop Inflicting Hardship On Nigerians PDP Tells APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.