Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme (739 Views)

Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss / Musings On The State Of Biafra-joe Onwukeme / Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by dayo23(f): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
The immediate past prodigal administration would remain a reference point in the annals of our nation’s history as the most corrupt and insensitive government in our nations’ democracy.
Corruption reigned supreme and became so pervasive among the political elites. Men of questionable characters were among the best our government could assemble. Concerns were raised over the unmitigated looting of our nation’s treasury but little or nothing was made to stop the terrible malfeasance. Those that theirs became so obvious were at best, ignored or at worst, asked to take a bow.
To the immediate past president, stealing is not corruption, he identified with the corrupt and presided over a government that embezzle public funds with reckless abandon.
Their bulimic accumulation of wealth exceeded choice of properties all over the continent we are used to, to owning private jets, if you were not among the league of jet owners or unable to lease one for yourself, you are yet to be reckoned with those that had unlimited access to the nation’s treasury.
Even the former president had to admit that we are not poor, his measurement of success was the increase of private jets that surround our aviation space across the country.
After much criticism of his government, the immediate past president, in an attempt to demystify corruption made the worst political gaffe. “What is being referred to as corruption is common stealing”.
And when the opportunity came for Nigerians to decide who would rule them, Majority Nigerians defiled all odds to ensure that, Muhammadu Buhari, a renowned and reputed anti-corruption crusader was elected as president.

With the emergence of Muhammadu Buhari as the president, stealing is now corruption and all those that partook in one financial misappropriation or the other in the past have all been thrown into yesterday’s dust bin pending when the long arm of the law would descend on them.
Before president Buhari’s inauguration, tensions were high, the fear of probe gave many jittery feelings, but Mr. President, in his wisdom, told the world, he would not probe his predecessor’s government. Only the gullible would believe such an agreement. How would one, whom majority Nigerians voted for to come cleanse the Augean stables not probe those that contributed to the filth and corruption on it?
Some partisan whistle blowers—in their paroxysmic outburst, have been manufacturing excuses why the immediate past administration should not be the first to be probed.
The last time I checked—you don’t jump 3 to count 4. Common sense should have solved the equation. The probe of the last government would open up some facts that will lead to the probe of other governments that preceded it. Let’s stop over flogging this issue, when they were looting the money, they never involved you and I, why take it upon ourselves who should be probed?
To our technocrats, politicians and other would be appointees that will soon make up president Buhari’s cabinet— in the garden of change. Beware! “Stealing is now corruption”!

http://www.today.ng/blog/08177758-stealing-is-now-corruption/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by aresa: 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
in the garden of change. Beware! “Stealing is now corruption”!

Be warned. That's all.....

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
'Let’s stop over flogging this issue, when they were looting the money, they never involved you and I, why take it upon ourselves who should be probed?'

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by egift(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
Na sooooo! That is why PDP and their thugs are running from pillar to post seeking soft landing. Soon some of these criminals will show us picture of them in their sick bed among the Eskimos all the way in the ice on North pole grin grin grin grin grin

PMB, the best thing to happen to Nigeria since rice and stew!

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Enough of all these shouting... They should start jailing defaulters already.
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by Blakjewelry(m): 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
I think many did get gej wrong on what he meant. I watch the video, he said calling stealing corruption makes it more pleasing to hear. He said a thief should be regarded as a thief and not someone that is corrupt. He gave an example of a market place, he said if you shout thief, thief people will decend on the person, but if you shout corruption, corruption nobody will blink a eye
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by egift(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
Blakjewelry:
I think many did get gej wrong on what he meant. I watch the video, he said calling stealing corruption makes it more pleasing to hear. He said a thief should be regarded as a thief and not someone that is corrupt. He gave an example of a market place, he said if you shout thief, thief people will decend on the person, but if you shout corruption, corruption nobody will blink a eye

And what did he do about it? Did you also listen to his Yam and Goat Theory?

And FYI, Stealing is one of the example of Corruption. The word Corruption encompass more than stealing. You have other components like dishonesty, unscrupulousness, double-dealing, misconduct, criminality, etc. In governance as is the area of reference, anyone in power that engages in such is termed - Corrupt.

So why should a PhD holder spend 6mins on National TV, trying to differentiate the two?

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by Blakjewelry(m): 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
egift:

And what did he do about it? Did you also listen to his Yam and Goat Theory?

And FYI, Stealing is one of the example of Corruption. The word Corruption encompass more than stealing. You have other components like dishonesty, unscrupulousness, double-dealing, misconduct, criminality, etc. In governance as is the area of reference, anyone in power that engages in such is termed - Corrupt.

So why should a PhD holder spend 6mins on National TV, trying to differentiate the two?
I believe you understand the pictures he trying to create, your only grouse is, because it's coming from gej. Every government has its own way of fighting corruption. His administration is accused to be one of the most corrupt, I expected as soon as the apc took power they will all the necessary arm of government to go after those that steal, but what we still hear today is still finger with no concrete evidence against anybody
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by egift(m): 2:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
Blakjewelry:

I believe you understand the pictures he trying to create, your only grouse is, because it's coming from gej. Every government has its own way of fighting corruption. His administration is accused to be one of the most corrupt, I expected as soon as the apc took power they will all the necessary arm of government to go after those that steal, but what we still hear today is still finger with no concrete evidence against anybody

Before we continue, did you hear Jonathan postulate his Yam and Goat theory?
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme by Blakjewelry(m): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
egift:

Before we continue, did you hear Jonathan postulate his Yam and Goat theory?
No

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: Amaechi Stole Another 11 Billion / Reply:the State Of Nigeria Under President Buhari By Tonye Barcanista / Who Hates Buhari?- A Quick Rejoinder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.