Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (775638 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 6:32am On Nov 22, 2015
Brini:

please, is the improved battery out yet

I saw it on jumia some days ago but the page has been pull down, maybe they are planning it for launch on Black Friday but will keep posted
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ameynuJR(m): 7:36am On Nov 22, 2015
Help me I CNT view any of my file or play video and how do I minimize data usage ?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by funarosho(m): 7:47am On Nov 22, 2015
Please guys whenever I'm surfing the Internet my hotnote 2 keep showing me system update and if I tried updating it, it will get to a point and show me error then after some minutes it will reboot itself. Please wats d problem.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2015
Please try and read through thread for solutions. In any case the problem you've complained out is because you had rooted your device.

To resolve this, please go to the Infinix Mobility website, download the original stock rom and flash your device.

Without this the issue with the system update will persist.

funarosho:
Please guys whenever I'm surfing the Internet my hotnote 2 keep showing me system update and if I tried updating it, it will get to a point and show me error then after some minutes it will reboot itself. Please wats d problem.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Beesluv: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2015
bigtt76:
Please try and read through thread for solutions. In any case the problem you've complained out is because you had rooted your device.

To resolve this, please go to the Infinix Mobility website, download the original stock rom and flash your device.

pls what's your opinion on rooting phone? Good or not. I dont understand that rooting tin
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2015
First you need to understand what root means. Root is the equivalent of Administrative users in an operating system eg Windows, Linux and Android to mention but few.

In Android phones you have got the root user too but hidden away from the users. Root access gives you more access to tweak the device more than was given you by the manufacturer.

Now why do we root? We root because on some phones such as Samsung brands, they are full of bloatware such that a 16gb device is left with less than 8gb for the users to install their own apps. The only way to reclaim that excess space is to uninstall those bloatware (unnecessary apps) from the device BUT unfortunately they are locked down to the root user to uninstall only.

Rooting the phone thus changes the operating system's structure to allow root access and gives the user more power to uninstall the apps therefore freeing more space.

During system updates released by manufacturer, if rooted, it may brick (make unusable) the device because Rooting has changed the phone's partition and structure. The only way out is to flash back the original ROM to return the phone back to its original state. Uprooting will not.

Should we root Infinix Hot 2? In my opinion, NO. Why? Because it runs Android One OS which to say the least is not froth with bloatware and as such has enough space for user to play with (if space is a reason to root).

Some people root to enable them install tweaks which hitherto, the phone would not have allowed to be installed.

So if you don't know what root is then it is very likely you don't need it and as such avoid Rooting because aside from its advantages, it exposes the device to security risk of being hacked or permanently bricked by malware.

Beesluv:

pls what's your opinion on rooting phone? Good or not. I dont understand that rooting tin

4 Likes

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 10:19am On Nov 22, 2015
funarosho:

Download d full RoM on infinix support website snd flash the update using flash tool
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 10:19am On Nov 22, 2015
ameynuJR:
Help me I CNT view any of my file or play video and how do I minimize data usage ?

Download Es file manager
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Beesluv: 10:20am On Nov 22, 2015
bigtt76:
First you need to understand what root means. Root is the equivalent of Administrative users in an operating system eg Windows, Linux and Android to mention but few.

In Android phones you have got the root user too but hidden away from the users. Root access gives you more access to tweak the device more than was given you by the manufacturer.

Now why do we root? We root because on some phones such as Samsung brands, they are full of bloatware such that a 16gb device is left with less than 8gb for the users to install their own apps. The only way to reclaim that excess space is to uninstall those bloatware (unnecessary apps) from the device BUT unfortunately they are locked down to the root user to uninstall only.

Rooting the phone thus changes the operating system's structure to allow root access and gives the user more power to uninstall the apps therefore freeing more space.

During system updates released by manufacturer, if rooted, it may brick (make unusable) the device because Rooting has changed the phone's partition and structure. The only way out is to flash back the original ROM to return the phone back to its original state. Uprooting will not.

Should we root Infinix Hot 2? In my opinion, NO. Why? Because it runs Android One OS which to say the least is not froth with bloatware and as such has enough space for user to play with (if space is a reason to root).

Some people root to enable them install tweaks which hitherto, the phone would not have allowed to be installed.

So if you don't know what root is then it is very likely you don't need it and as such avoid Rooting because aside from its advantages, it exposes the device to security risk of being hacked or permanently bricked by malware.

wow, well said. This is the first solid explanation i'v heard on rooting. I rooted my previous phone, but didnt know the use.
Thanks
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Brini(m): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2015
ishittu:

I saw it on jumia some days ago but the page has been pull down, maybe they are planning it for launch on Black Friday but will keep posted
thanks a whole lot.
please, keep us posted as said
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
Brini:

thanks a whole lot.
please, keep us posted as said

no prob bro
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
bigtt76:

That poster said HOT note 2
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by tweetiebishop(m): 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
na wa oo... when will Google roll out marshmallow update for this phone? Shebi its Google one? smh
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by teewhydope(m): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
tweetiebishop:
na wa oo... when will Google infinix roll out marshmallow update for this phone? Shebi its Google one? smh

Fixed smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by funarosho(m): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
bigtt76:

the phone is not rooted ooo. Nd how can I get dt website please
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
Did you buy it brand new? Check if you have King Root installed or better still look for Root Checker on Play Store and install. If found not rooted, then you need very strong Internet access to carry on with the system update BUT I'm very sure phone was rooted previously from experience. Google for Infinix Mobility to get the URL.

funarosho:
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by alldrunsx: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
Pls who hs d idea of d data size (i.e. mb) d infinix stock rom xui will gulp? I dont want to start & get stucked due to insufficient mb.

Then hw do I go abt d mega dwld page stuff? Thnks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
Not less than 600MB so to be on the safe side .....get at least 3gb data bundle grin

alldrunsx:
Pls who hs d idea of d data size (i.e. mb) d infinix stock rom xui will gulp? I dont want to start & get stucked due to insufficient mb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by alldrunsx: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
bigtt76:
Not less than 600MB so to be on the safe side .....get at least 3gb data bundle grin
O boy! No be small thing o. Thnks all d same.

So like hw long does it take? And btw, can I do dat wt glo biz, i.e. wt a changed imei?

Pls hw are guys tackling d auto pop-up mega dwld page while attempting dis porting? Isnt dis xui independently downloadable, as in just dwld & flash thru rom manager & co.?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
I would advise you download using your laptop and not your fone undecided

alldrunsx:
O boy! No be small thing o. Thnks all d same.

So like hw long does it take? And btw, can I do dat wt glo biz, i.e. wt a changed imei?

Pls hw are guys tackling d auto pop-up mega dwld page while attempting dis porting? Isnt dis xui independently downloadable, as in just dwld & flash thru rom manager & co.?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
alldrunsx:

Have a minimum of 1gig
http://infinixmobility.com/support/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
bigtt76:
I would advise you download using your laptop and not your fone undecided

Seconded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
funarosho:
http://infinixmobility.com/support/
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by harnuh01(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
please is there anyone interested in selling infinix hot note charger should please contact me
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by adeoyetayo1: 6:26pm On Nov 22, 2015
harnuh01:
please is there anyone interested in selling infinix hot note charger should please contact me
undecided
harnuh01:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
For NoTe 1 user

Android 5.1
Final Version 5 - 21/11/2015

What's new/Bug fixed:

1) XUI upgraded to 1.N.0.6
2)Added encryption application feature in System manager
3) Added online theme feature in Theme
5) Added delete button on image preview screen in Gallery app
6) Added notification icon on magazine lock screen
7) Optimized screen lighted up slowly issue when incoming call
4) Fixed scheduled power on and off invalid issue by recent app cleaner
cool Fixed issues from Infinix XCLUB fans
9) Optimized system stability and performance

Download Normal Version
Hot Note 16G+1G: http:///1MsYfDo
Hot Note PRO 16\32G+2G: http:///1NHMgj0

Download TF Card Version
Hot Note 16G+1G: http:///1kLUosl
Hot Note PRO 16\32G+2G: http:///1kLVoN3
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by kenneyor(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
Please help, whenever i send message on my infinix hot2, it takes like a week before it delivers abd whenever someone send me a message, i do receive the message everyday for 5times currently ,im still receiving the message from October. What can i do?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
kenneyor:
Please help, whenever i send message on my infinix hot2, it takes like a week before it delivers abd whenever someone send me a message, i do receive the message everyday for 5times currently ,im still receiving the message from October. What can i do?

Am sorry , this got me cracked up, am guessing it is a sim problem but try doing a rough test by putting your sim in anotherphone and send message
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by kenneyor(m): 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
ishittu:

Am sorry , this got me cracked up, am guessing it is a sim problem but try doing a rough test by putting your sim in anotherphone and send message
ive done that, and it works well but whenever i insert the sim back into my infinix, the problem starts again.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by bigtt76(f): 5:04am On Nov 23, 2015
Check your messaging settings and remove any time delay or queue configured there.

kenneyor:
ive done that, and it works well but whenever i insert the sim back into my infinix, the problem starts again.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 23, 2015
Pls am buy d infinix hot2 dis mornin.wat are d things i should do afta buyin and wat apps should i download immediately
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ishittu: 6:49am On Nov 23, 2015
bamtos14:
Pls am buy d infinix hot2 dis mornin.wat are d things i should do afta buyin and wat apps should i download immediately

Install the latest Update and depending on what you do, install the app you want from playstore but the first thing after powering on the phone, Install the latest update

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.