Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Would You Marry A Feminist? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Feminist? (2794 Views)

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
This was asked and I was eager to read their views in the so called modern world.....

Eddso said[b]“would a feminist even want to marry"[/b]

thetruthteller said[b] “only if she makes me a sandwich"[/b]

Thedanindentity said[b]“if I really wanted to be treated like an animal I'd rather marry a dog fam..at least then I know that I,ma wallet and kids = be happy.[/b]

Jazjaz said[b]“someone who supports equal rights =yes, a 'feminist'=no.[/b]

Incubator said “nope,don't want her to be complaining that we're a patriarchal society everytime I want her to make me a sandwich"

Russellsteapot said[b]“This is becoming a stock answer given the number of
times I've used it, but never mind.
A 'normal' feminist, someone who supports equal
rights, supports herself mentally, emotionally and
financially, gets on with life knowing we already live
in an equal society whilst realising that men and
women are biologically different beings and will
never have identical behaviours, outcomes and
preferences. Someone who lives to modern social
values and gender positions, but does not go on
about them all the time. Yes.
A radical feminist who believes she is oppressed, and
that millions of years of evolution didn't happen, that
equality of outcome should be forced, and the other
deranged nonsense some of them come out with?
No.
Fortunately there are lots of normals and not too
many radicals".[/b]

samt98 said[b]“marriage in the 21st century is silly, marriage to a
feminist is down right stupid".[/b]

Thecitizenact said[b]“never,I'd rather scrape my face off with a cheese grater.
Marrying a feminist would be the ultimate betrayal of
your testicles.this cracked me up

Anyone who believes in a mythological patriarchy is
just like someone who believes in religion. They both
believe in something entirely intangible and form
their entire life view around it.

Plus, most modern day feminists are more like social
conservatives, the amount of banning which they
advocate doesn't even come close to resembling any
notion of 'tolerance' or 'progressivism.' It's
puritanical, plain and simple".[/b]

Smith and wesson said[b]Lol hell no. She would want me to experience what
she is feeling during menustration and child birth.
Make me wear tampons and electrocute my balls.
It's ok because men and women must be equal would
be her answer[/b]

Computermaths97 said[b]The "perfect" way to act at school: Be quiet and do as
the Teacher says. Now tell me, think back to Year 7-
Year 11 and try telling me that 95% of the "good
students" according to the teachers weren't girls...
Why can't the perfect way be how boys act? To
constantly talk and discuss the work, and actually do
questions. COnstantly be active, not just sit there in
quiet and obey. Do loads of presentations, express
our opinions. Little girls would get in loads of trouble
in that world. But no, feminism has forced this type
of education upon us.[/b]

Simplyll[b]Oh yes, nothing wrong with a feminist.
However I can't be friends with someone who is
against feminism, male or female.[/b]

What your say...would you as a guy marry one
www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3491749
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Kenzico(m): 12:07am On Aug 18, 2015
Errrmmm?? Thinking.....
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 18, 2015
Kenzico:
Errrmmm?? Thinking.....
think well o
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by lilmax(m): 5:59am On Aug 18, 2015
Where can i find one in nigeria? Or na by mouth?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by dinachi(m): 8:53am On Aug 18, 2015
The love of my life is an equal rights advocate who believes that feminism is downright silly.
She laughs heartily at feminism quotes and mercilessly thrashes any feminist who dares to espouse their infantile pride ridden ideology.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2015
dinachi:
The love of my life is an equal rights advocate who believes that feminism is downright silly.
She laughs heartily at feminism quotes and mercilessly thrashes any feminist who dares to espouse their infantile pride ridden ideology.

Abi..
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2015
lilmax:
Where can i find one in nigeria? Or na by mouth?

You can always find one online
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by 5minsmadness: 9:26am On Aug 18, 2015
I would have a problem with it because I was raised the old fashioned "chauvanisitc" way. I believe women are to be pampered and protected,nurtured and loved. I beleive a woman should be my help-mate, my assisitant, the person by my side to give me encouragement as I conquer the world. I beleive the woman should compliment me. I am undoubtdly King while she is Queen.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nigga44: 9:42am On Aug 18, 2015
No
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by YourCoffin: 10:16am On Aug 18, 2015
If she can marry me, yes. But the devil knows a feminist can't marry me
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by snakebeat: 10:40am On Aug 18, 2015
The purpose of marriage is to complement each other. Then, why would any sane man marry a rebel(feminist), who see marriage as a fierce rivalry for supremacy? I wouldn't even wish that for my enemy.
Feminism is nothing but a movement birthed out of pride, when u take a casual observation at most of their comments online, u see how proud they are, u need no prophet to tell u their hubby is henpecked....

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 18, 2015
YourCoffin:
If she can marry me, yes. But the devil knows a feminist can't marry me

Lol..why say so
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 18, 2015
snakebeat:
The purpose of marriage is to complement each other. Then, why would any sane man marry a rebel(feminist), who see marriage as a fierce rivalry for supremacy? I wouldn't even wish that for my enemy.
Feminism is nothing but a movement birthed out of pride, when u take a casual observation at most of their comments online, u see how proud they are, u need no prophet to tell u their hubby is henpecked....

They tend to blame men for their misery,they obey and bow down to their boss in their work place but shout equality with their husband @home...

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by ronald4lif(m): 10:51am On Aug 18, 2015
Interesting. Takes back row reading comments. cheesy
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 18, 2015
ronald4lif:
Interesting. Takes back row reading comments. cheesy

Will you or will you not
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by SisterCaro(m): 10:57am On Aug 18, 2015
Let us go and ask Chimamanda's husband who happens to be an American doctor, not all these jobless boys roaming around NL with nothing meaningful to impact in society. What will they even marry with? grin

*runs out of the thread laughing*

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2015
SisterCaro:
Let us go and ask Chimamanda's husband who happens to be an American doctor, not all these jobless boys roaming around NL with nothing meaningful to impact in society. What will they even marry with? grin

Pathetic...an america doctor,how does that sentence sound to you...how will you even get a man to marry with this your english.....

8 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by ronald4lif(m): 11:33am On Aug 18, 2015
kevinberry:

Will you or will you not

No I can't. I'd marry an egalitarianist or humanist but not a feminist. The both former advocates for equal rights of all sexes including children while the latter seeks women rights only. Feminism is a women struggle therefore I, as a man should have no business in it and any sympathiser of it crusade.

I don't like feminism but I like equality. Feminism is extreme and often takes away the rights of men. Equality is equal rights for everybody and does not exclude anybody. A woman can be opinionated, independent, feminine, strong and have equal footing with the husband without being called a feminist.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 18, 2015
dinachi:
Lies tongue

In reality, what you have is a dummy, who ask ‘how high' when screeech ‘jump' at her.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2015
ronald4lif:

No I can't. I'd marry an egalitarianist or humanist but not a feminist. The both former advocates for equal rights of all sexes including children while the latter seeks women rights only. Feminism is a women struggle therefore I, as a man should have no business in it and any sympathiser of it crusade.

I don't like feminism but I like equality. Feminism is extreme and often takes away the rights of men. Equality is equal rights for everybody and does not exclude anybody. A woman can be opinionated, independent, feminine, strong and have equal footing with the husband without being called a feminist.

Gbam...I would marry a feminist if her struggles is about equal right for both genders not females alone.....
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2015
oreos:

Lies tongue

In reality, what you have is a dummy, who ask ‘how high' when screeech ‘jump' at her.

Sorry I have to chip in@bolded I hope you know that word is insulting considering the fact that you are referring to somebody wife...nevertheless..I will wait for dinachi to answer you

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2015
kevinberry:

Sorry I have to chip in@bolded I hope you know that word is insulting considering the fact that you are referring to somebody wife...nevertheless..I will wait for dinachi to answer you

I and dinachi have a history cool

thanks for your concern smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2015
oreos:

I and dinachi have a history cool
thanks for your concern smiley
Ok
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by mutter(f): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
SisterCaro:

Sorry he is a Nigerian doctor. That schooled in Nigeria. And theirs is a childhood love

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by mutter(f): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
SisterCaro:

Sorry her husband is a Nigerian born and bred. He is also rather conservative and both have very good backgrounds and upbringing
l I can bet my hat that she is a very loving wife.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by dubylhover(m): 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
funny enuf i keep on saying that any woman who tries to compete with a man under d umbrella of feminism doesnt really know her worth.....a smart and sensible woman knows how to nurture and tame her man...she might b influencing him greatly,but he still feels in charge....a reasonable man doesnt need his wife to start screaming for equality when he knws her worth...beta tin no dey hide...i believe d origin of dx feminism was from women of low self esteem

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
dubylhover:
funny enuf i keep on saying that any woman who tries to compete with a man under d umbrella of feminism doesnt really know her worth.....a smart and sensible woman knows how to nurture and tame her man...she might b influencing him greatly,but he still feels in charge....a reasonable man doesnt need his wife to start screaming for equality when he knws her worth...beta tin no dey hide...i believe d origin of dx feminism was from women of low self esteem

Gbam...low self esteem..blaming men for their misfortunes....
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by dubylhover(m): 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
kevinberry:

Gbam...low self esteem..blaming men for their misfortunes....

a true woman needs not prove anything at least by saying that she is d same as man...dont yu knw you are unique in your own way?cant you b d best yu can b rather than try to b lyk a man?mehn that ideology beats me
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by oloyede252(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
yes,feminist are the best.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by YourCoffin: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
kevinberry:

Lol..why say so
You haven't met me, that's why
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by azzima(m): 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
They are mostly undercover lesbians.....that's why.
Re: Would You Marry A Feminist? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
YourCoffin:

You haven't met me, that's why
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To The Most Amazing Man Ever / Wow, Who Is Mom And Who Is Daughter Here?! (pics) / Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.