Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,015 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. (2671 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by Eve4eva(f): 6:26pm On Aug 18, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. Thunder blaster that smelly pvssy cu.nt there. Yeribastard
dude get some attitude u lack it.I'm entitled to my opinion

1 Like

Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by Eve4eva(f): 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
cheruv:

No sister you're not Igbo! angry
Moreover in Biafra,those states would be dissolved which means instead of an etcheman saying am from rivers or am from Imo, he'd simply say am from Etche.
Those states divided our people into bantustans therefore the govt of Biafra would've them dissolved angry
and u think d minority group will just accept Biafra lyk that.U r on a long thing

1 Like

Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by patrick89(m): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
Eve4eva:
The truth is igbos are not in unity yet.They can't even marry themselves without stereotype.An Igbo man cheats his follow igbo without conciense . Even if Biafra stands anambara,Imo,Abia will start fighting for power .
NOTE;I'm Igbo
You must have been all these byproduct of "Lagoon! mention one peculiar instance

1 Like

Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by gatiano(m): 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
All of Indian are part caucasians, They mixed themselves obliterating out that African gens except for a few who the Siddis. The tamil, Tamilnadu or from Sri-Lanka are not Black people, they do not consider themselves as such. No racism, If they were to come amongst us, they will suddenly feel themselves superior as Aryan race.

From Helen Blavatsky(check her up, but do not fall for most of the lies of her own and those she learnt from india).

"The Aryan races, for instance, now varying from dark brown, almost black, red-brown-yellow, down to the whitest creamy colour, are yet all of one and the same stock -- the Fifth Root-Race -- and spring from one single progenitor, (...) who is said to have lived over 18,000,000 years ago, and also 850,000 years ago -- at the time of the sinking of the last remnants of the great continent of Atlantis."

do not fall for the lies in the bolded. The single progenitor are Black African people and they are not 18,000,000 years old. Our age is older than the last 20 universes, We simply don't know about our beginning except the 24, and there is no ending to Us.

Akpobaro:
so most Indians are part of the Caucasian family? what of the Tamil people?
Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by chinny09: 10:16am On Sep 18, 2015
zendy:

I love your write.smartie! A million hugs and kisses.it is wise people like you we need in yes like this.God bless you,God punish the haters of ndigbo.who is more tribalistic than the yorubas and the hausas have learnt from them.it was Awo who started this tribalism in this zoo caled Nigeria.

[b] So you came online to waste your MB showcasing your ignorance with this silly write-up? Get these facts into your head

1) It is not "Ibo", it is "Igbo". There is no word called 'Ibo' in the Igbo language.

2) Ironsi never led any coup, he was actually the one who put down the coup. All he did was accept leadership in a time of national calamity

3) Self determination and free choice are inalienable rights of man as enshrined in UN charter on human rights. If the Igbos want their own country, it is their God given right to be entitled to it. Other countries like the USSR,Yugoslavia, Czecoslovakia and Sudan have broken up. It is not novelty

4) Nigeria is an illegality. Nigeria has no legitimacy whatsoever because it was created by British profiteers who came to west Africa to force different incompatible tribes together in their desperate bid to make money. The only reason you are a Nigerian is because Lord Lugard came from Britain to "baptise" you one. If Lugard had never come, you would have never heard the word "Nigeria", and by now, you would have been trying to create your own country just like the Igbos are trying to. Go and get your own country instead of waiting for the White to come and give you one. Nigeria is a white mans creation and that's why it is a fraud!
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by nwannaeto: 11:01am On Sep 18, 2015
Eve4eva:
The truth is igbos are not in unity yet.They can't even marry themselves without stereotype.An Igbo man cheats his follow igbo without conciense . Even if Biafra stands anambara,Imo,Abia will start fighting for power .
NOTE;I'm Igbo
that is not suppose to b your problem

1 Like

Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by kernel501: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
bolaino:
The Genesis of The Problems of the Ibo people in Nigeria Can be traced to the Coup led by Late Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi. The coup was badly planned and reeked of Ethnic Bigotry. That being said. The Ibos are a source of pride to Nigeria all over the world, as they have produced some of the Finest African Doctors and Scientists all over the world, any where you go you'll see Ibo people doing all they can to make their lives better. The Ibos are very Hardworking, Diligent, in short, the Ibos are Fair in heart as they are in complexion. That being said. There is no Race of Human beings or Tribe that is more perfect than the rest Races or Tribes. And there is no Race or Tribe that is meant to rule over the Rest Tribes or Races because it is more intelligent than the Others. Simply put the idea of born to rule has never helped any group of persons rallying under the guise of Ethnicity or Race. The Ibo people in Nigeria are Tribal Bigots, majority of them, the Ibo man would rather help his fellow Ibo man first before thinking to help a man from another ethnic group. And that is the Bane of The Ibo People. Tribalism/Racism is evil, and the Greatest Proponents of Tribalism in Nigeria are the Ibos, this is a fact and every Nigerian can attest to this. And to make matters worse, some Ibo people believe that they originate from Isreal, that they are the Jews of Africa, that is absurd and preposterous. It shows that most of the Ibos believe that The Black Man is Inferior to the white man. I can overlook many things about the Ibos but I can not overlook this about them. Ibos think they are from isreal, but they want to Create a Country inside Africa, the Biafra agitation is a dead struggle. And even The Late Ikemba of Nnewi, Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, insinuated so in his Acclaimed book "because I am Involved" I have read a lot of writings of Ojukwu because Ojukwu was a Man who loved Nigeria, and he believed Nigeria would one day become a Great Nation. But it is very unfortunate that the New generation of Ibos in Nigeria are still agitating for a country of their own inside Nigeria. If the Ibos want biafra, then I suggest that they pack their bags and Go to Isreal where they belong, they should stay in Jerusalem with the Zionists. And form the State of Biafra there and they can help the Jews in fighting off the Rest of the Arab world. But if the Ibos think that Nigeria will Break because of them, then they must be day dreaming. Nigeria does not owe the Ibos anything, rather the Ibos owe Nigeria everything. No Ethnic Group has caused Nigeria more pain and Problems than the Ibos. Because of their lust for Power and it is because of this that I believe that Nigerians should watch the Ibos carefully. Because if truly another civil war should break out as they are planning. Then the Ibos will bear the brunt of it. I do not support the Agitation for an Ibo state. Because the agitation is taking us backwards, the Ibo people of Nigeria want to draw us back by agitating for the state of Biafra. And no sane Nigerian will accept this. The Ibo people want to Balkanize this country. But their plans will not work. Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I understand you are from Niger Delta.
Unfortunately you are too blind to see.
1. Today 80% of Niger Delta Oil wells belongs to the Northerns and you are busy talking about Igbos.
2. First ten national looters are Northerners, the likes of IBB, Atiku etc, yet daily Jonathan is threatened with jail or try everyone of them and you are busy binding Nigeria.
3. Before you Bakassi was giving out, did you ask the fate of those your brothers? Is that what they deserve for helping Nigeria during Nigeria -Biafra war?
4. What happened in Udi, a case of genocide by Obasanjo's administration was ok by your definition.
5. You think Igbos are fools, after the war what federal government gave us was 2 pounds each from our own money, today North East has a loan for restructuring, who deserve more, who suffered more.

1 Like

Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
bolaino:
The Genesis of The Problems of the Ibo people in Nigeria Can be traced to the Coup led by Late Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi. The coup was badly planned and reeked of Ethnic Bigotry. That being said. The Ibos are a source of pride to Nigeria all over the world, as they have produced some of the Finest African Doctors and Scientists all over the world, any where you go you'll see Ibo people doing all they can to make their lives better. The Ibos are very Hardworking, Diligent, in short, the Ibos are Fair in heart as they are in complexion. That being said.

Get your history right: Aguiyi Ironsi was not a coup plotter. He was Nigerian former military head of state in 1966.

The January 15, 1966 coup was led by Nzeogwu, a Niger-deltan from Delta State and his co-planners include Northerners (Kpera), Westerners (Ademoyega) and Easterners (Anuforo).

Gowon, Awolowo, Ejoor, Adebayo, Mobolaji Johnson, Katsina, Wey and all the groups that supported and advised the Federal Government of Nigeria to renege on the accords agreed upon in Aburi, Ghana were responsible for the 1967-70 Civil War, alongside their murderous kinsmen who killed innocent Easterners in revenge for an act done by a misguided group of soldiers comprising both Southerners and Northerners.

Ojukwu tried making peace, and called for peace-talk in a neutral ground hence the Aburi Accord, but Gowon and his co-travellers violated the agreement reached. If Ojukwu wanted war he wouldn't have called for peace talk in Ghana but the declaration of Biafra was inevitable as the killing of Easterners continued across the country. Ojukwu never asked for war! Ojukwu only declared Biafra when over thirty thousand corpses littered the Northern region in the aftermath of the January 15 1966 coup. Gowon and his cohorts declared the civil war! And Benjamin Adekunle, one the Nigerian soldier, later attested to the fact that Nigeria declared war because of oil in the Eastern region.

Why didn't the July 1966 counter-coup plotters just wipe out the Eastern political class and call it a day. Aguiyi Ironsi did nothing deserving death yet they killed him. Ironsi was too much of a peacemaker and he died making useless peace, appeasing the Northerners. The counter coup plotters simply wanted a war and they sure got one.
Bear in mind there was no war before the pogrom of 1966 started in the North.
So why resort to maiming and killing innocent Easterners cum civilians. Has the killings stopped till date? NO!

The February 13, 1976 Dimka-led coupists came from Benue and Plateau region. They assassinated Murtala Mohammed then Head of State, yet there was no genocide carried against the Middle-belt people. Why was same treatment not given to the ethnic groups of the Dimka-led coupists that committed same offence? It's simply hypocrisy!
It is even against the military rule to harm the innocent civilians during coup.

According to the warped logic of unrepentant hypocrites and any time there is a revolution or a coup the ethnic groups of the coup plotters should be singled out for ethnic cleansing!

And to make matters worse, some Ibo people believe that they originate from Isreal, that they are the Jews of Africa, that is absurd and preposterous. It shows that most of the Ibos believe that The Black Man is Inferior to the white man. I can overlook many things about the Ibos but I can not overlook this about them.

You need to stop taking overdose panadol for someone else's headache!
Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
bolaino:
The Ibo people in Nigeria are Tribal Bigots, majority of them, the Ibo man would rather help his fellow Ibo man first before thinking to help a man from another ethnic group. And that is the Bane of The Ibo People. Tribalism/Racism is evil, and the Greatest Proponents of Tribalism in Nigeria are the Ibos, this is a fact and every Nigerian can attest to this.

It's people like you in the society that turn blind eye to such evil and injustice, and permit the atrocities to flourish in the land because you gain from the lopsided arrangement in the polity.
Christian minorities in the North are being maltreated and relegated to the background till date yet mischievous fellows like you maintain a deafening silence. Hatred and intolerance have caused and still much blood letting and killings in the North.

It is in the same North barbaric statements like this were uttered in 2011: ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”. And what was the outcome - carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election?

“We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

“We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly uttered the aforementioned statement in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and people like you still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people.

How can a country built on a false and faulty foundation progress by concealing the truth?

Be sincere and objective for once even if the truth is bitter and hurts!

CreamyBanana:
That is nothing but the truth. I am a Yoruba man from Ondo state but I must say that Yoruba are the most wicked and hypocritical tribe in the world. Don't take their smile as love. They are the devil himself.

A Yoruba man will be laughing with you and be killing you at the same time. All the lecturers I ever had problems with were not only Yoruba but from the same state with me. They will be showing you around as their own brother but behind your back, they will be planning on how to destroy you and make sure you never reach their standards.

Yorubas prefer to destroy their own rather than help them. They don't want those below them to succeed. They always promise and fail. If a Yoruba man promise you a job, just forget it. You will just be wasting your time reminding him.

I have got more helps from Igbos and Hausas than even those that claim to be uncles. The only thing they are good at is making promises that they will never fulfil.

When I was looking for admission, it was an Igbo man that I did not even know from Adams that helped simply because he thought I was Igbo. A Yoruba man will never do that for his brother. Instead, they will be looking for every possible ways to bring him down.

My sister had problems with her supervisor who was a Yoruba man. But I never had a problem with my own supervisor who was a Hausa man.

I don't hate my people. I just hate their hypocrisy. People from other tribes are busy building their people and taking over our lands while we scheme on how to destroy ourselves.

I am in Ife. Please, anyone in Ife should go to Lagere now. All Igbos and Hausas have opened shop while my brothers are still sleeping and scheming evil against one another.

In Ilorin, Igbos, Hausas and Chinese have taken over everything because they keep on grooming and helping their brothers. Yorubas do not know how to build. They only know how to destroy one another.

Yoruba e ronu.
https://www.nairaland.com/2598007/yoruba-worst-tribe-world
CreamyBanana:

You know I am telling the truth.

Do you know Igbos secrets of how they are taking over Lagos? Because, they will own a shop, train their clansman for a while and help him set up his own business. They are spreading while we are shouting instead of helping ourselves.

dominique:
I'm Yoruba and I painfully agree to some of the things said by the Op. When it comes to being your brother's keeper, most Yorubas are lacking in that regards. My mum told me of an experience she had when her car got stuck in mud. It was the Yoruba guys that told her to pass that area that the road is not that bad. When she did and got stuck, they demanded to push out the car for a fee. She got angry and told them that rather than pay them, she would look for other people to push out the car and pay them. While she was still tongue-lashing them, two Igbo (not sure of their tribe sha) guys came out from their shop and helped her push out the car. She offered them money and they declined. She felt so ashamed for her people, I also felt ashamed. I won't say my people are evil tho. Evil knows no tribe or religion.

Yoruba e ronu tunwada (think and change your acts)
bakynes:
Am Yoruba and you can confirm from my previous comments. I agree with the OP on the point that we don't help ourselves. Even while I was in the UK, I could notice the trend among Yorubas. Indians, Jamaicans, Ghanaians help their brothers and sisters to come to the UK and help them get papers but We Yorubas even report our fellow brothers to the Home office, we don't accommodate our family members new in a foreign country for more than 6 months. WhIle in Nigeria I met with a lot of family friends who had companies but they kept on promising on helping me secure a job. Majority not all like to see you down and want you to keep begging them for money than helping you stand on your own. Igbos on the otherhand setup their brothers to stand on their own.

damosthottest:
THIS WILL SHOCK MANY, A MASTERPIECE WRITTEN BY A NIGER DELTAN FROM URHOBO:

... this is coming from a Deltan, which will also shock many..., as they have tried to Divide us by State and Geo-political zones - Chike Michael.

Ena Ofugara from Urhobo wrote:

More On How A People Have Thrived in Adversity.
Four years into independence, three years before civil war, see how Nigeria was treating IGBOS
Now for you who may not understand why Igbos tried to leave the union, listen to parliamentarians.... Law makers in 1964 and tell me if it is your tribe you will not be like Ojukwu. Why would you want to be in a country where people treat you like this? Read for yourselves.
"Northern House Of Assembly Proceedings, February-March 1964
Below is an extract from the proceedings of the Northern Region House of Assembly between February and March 1964, less than four years after Nigeria’s independence from the British. I have nothing to add.

Read and judge for yourself:
Mallam Muhammadu Mustapha Mande Gyan:
On the allocation of plots to Ibos or allocation of stalls, I would like to advise the Minister that these people know how to make money, and we do not know the way and manner of getting about this business. We do not want Ibos to be allocated with plots. I do not want them to be given plots...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
I would like (you), as a Minister of Land and Survey, to revoke forthwith all Certificates of Occupancy from the hands of the Ibos resident in the Region... (Applause).

Mr. A. A. Agogede:
I’m very glad that we are in a Moslem country, and the government of Northern Nigeria allowed some few Christians in the region to enjoy themselves according to the belief of their religion, but building of hotels should be taken away from the Igbos, and even if we find some Christians who are interested in building hotels and do not have money to do so, the government should aid them, instead of allowing Ibos to continue with their hotels.

Dr. Iya Abubakar (Special Member, Lecturer, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria):
I am one of the strong believers in Nigerian unity, and I have hoped for our having a united Nigeria, but certainly if the present state of affairs continues, I hope the government will investigate first the desirability and secondly the possibility of extending Northernisation policy to the petty traders. (Applause).

Mallam Mukhtar Bello:
I would like to say something very important, that the Minister should take my appeal to the Federal Government about the Igbos in the post office. I wish the numbers of these Igbos be reduced…. There are too many of them in the North. They are like sardines and 1 think they are just too dangerous to the Region.

Mallam Ibrahim Musa:
Mr. Chairman, Sir. Well first and foremost, what I have to say before this Hon. House is that we should send a delegation to meet our Hon. Premier to move a motion in this very Budget Session that all the Ibos working in the Civil Service of Northern Nigeria, including the native authorities, whether they are contractors or not, should be repatriated at once...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
There should be no contracts either from the government, native authorities, or private enterprises given to Ibo contractors (Government Bench: Good talk and shouts of “Fire the Southerners”). Again, Mr. Chairman, the foreign firms too should be given time limit to replace all Ibo in their firms by some other people.

The Premier (Alhaji the Hon. Sir Ahmadu Bello, K.B.E., Sardauna of Sokoto):
It is my most earnest desire that every post in the region, however small it is, be filled by a Northerner (Applause)

Alhaji Usman Liman:
What brought the Ibos into this region? They were here since the colonial days. Had it not been for the colonial rule, there would hardly have been any Ibo in this region. Now that there is no colonial rule, the Ibos should go back to their region. There should be no hesitation about the matter.
Mr. Chairman, North is for Northerners, East for Easterners, West for Westerners, and the Federation is for us all. (Applause)

The Minister of Land and Survey (Alhaji the Hon. Ibrahim Musa Cashash, O.B.E.):
Mr. Chairman. Sir, I do not like to take up much of the time of this House in making explanations, but I would like to assure members that having heard their demands about Ibos holding land in Northern Nigeria, my ministry will do all it can to see that the demands of members are met. How to do this, when to do it, al1 these should not be disclosed. In due course, you will all see what will happen. (Applause).
Culled from M. O. Onyenakeya, Igbos in Nigerian Politics, pp.30-32

https://m./426888550813216?view=permalink&id=466671230168281
Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
bolaino:

But it is very unfortunate that the New generation of Ibos in Nigeria are still agitating for a country of their own inside Nigeria. If the Ibos want biafra, then I suggest that they pack their bags and Go to Isreal where they belong, they should stay in Jerusalem with the Zionists. And form the State of Biafra there and they can help the Jews in fighting off the Rest of the Arab world. But if the Ibos think that Nigeria will Break because of them, then they must be day dreaming. Nigeria does not owe the Ibos anything, rather the Ibos owe Nigeria everything. No Ethnic Group has caused Nigeria more pain and Problems than the Ibos. Because of their lust for Power and it is because of this that I believe that Nigerians should watch the Ibos carefully. Because if truly another civil war should break out as they are planning. Then the Ibos will bear the brunt of it. I do not support the Agitation for an Ibo state. Because the agitation is taking us backwards, the Ibo people of Nigeria want to draw us back by agitating for the state of Biafra. And no sane Nigerian will accept this. The Ibo people want to Balkanize this country. But their plans will not work. Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“The right to development is a fundamental right by virtue of which every human person and all peoples are entitled to participate in, contribute to and enjoy economic, social and cultural development.

“It is a right which includes the exercise of full sovereignty over national resources, self determination, popular participation in development and equality of opportunity."

The real enemies of progress are the proponents of the status quo in the Nigerian system, and are accustomed to spreading lies and wicked propaganda.

Anyone who supports in the smallest ways the sustenance of a criminal system that has only brought shame, waste, killings and backwardness, should be charged with crimes against humanity.

Igbos have been far from political power and yet have achieved unrivaled success for themselves, but disgruntled and bile-filled fellows still have the guts to castigate Igbos for the unavoidable, impending doom at their doorsteps. 

Many unrepentant bigots do not see anything wrong in the pogrom committed against Igbos - before, during and after the 1967-70 civil war. Many hypocrites take it as a point of duty to ridicule Igbos with the horror pictures of the war, including that of kwashiorkor-ridden children. And to cap their evils they take pleasure in twisting and distorting facts even when the truth is staring right at them.
Re: Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^It's moro'ns like you that Igbo haters like! If for the sake of argument we go along with your blinkered assertion that Ndigbo are 'not in unity', then tell me how it would be any different from Nigeria of today!? You really think a Biafra (with the disunity you talk of) wouldn't be a more workable option with a true PEOPLES CONSTITUTION?

My annoyance with all you 'one Nigeria' knobheads is that you all know what to do (restructure the polity and give EVERYONE a sense of belonging) yet you persist in sweeping all the issues under the carpet and sticking your heads in the sand! The last national conference -as lacking as it was in proffering adequate solutions to the countrys' problems- proposed a few solutions that would at least set the ball rolling in the right direction, but guess who is kicking against it? Buhari, apc and the northern hegemonic establishment want to have nothing to do with it, and are proposing zero alternatives!
you said it all, .
eziokwu Chineke/
my goodness me

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Revelation: The Kaduna Mafia. Does Pmb Belong To Somebody? / #20 Hilarious Words Patrick Obahiagbon Use To Deceive Nigerians & Its Meanings / Nig. Budget in the year 2000 Was Passed Into Law In May(View Budget 1999-2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.