Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) (4200 Views)

Yoruba Elders Accuse Buhari Of Marginalizing The South & Favouring The North / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 18, 2015
flyingsnail:
Still waiting ... undecided undecided
ALSO WAITING FOR NORTH CENTRAL
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by ibadantiti(f): 11:17am On Aug 18, 2015
I no see any south -south grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigeria is a fraud.Every where, even in names,the game is up ! wink wink
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by Pennywise(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2015
All that area between SSW and SSE
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by phyllosilicate(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2015
Chiaka:

'Oil rivers protectorate' was just a name given to note places in the east where oil seem viable not a replacement for a region , the 'Oil rivers protectorate' still was under Eastern Zone. If we had continued with the name 'Oil rivers protectorate' a state like Imo with some oil and a lot of gas reserve would have been included in the 'Oil rivers protectorate' . 'Oil rivers protectorate' was just called to mark out areas where oil is viable, just like the 'The Barnett Shale ' in Taxas, USA where Shale is found viable. And also Calabar was simply the Capital of Nigeria....when British handed over. It was later the capital was moved to Lagos and there after Abuja......these two changes was not done by the europeans
Bros it appears you don't have knowledge about this issue. The oil been referred to wasn't crude oil, but palm oil. Then the people of the Niger delta were the middlemen in palm oil trade.

2 Likes

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by nduchucks: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2015
flyingsnail:
I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP.
Can any of you show me where the "South-South" is in this cardinal point? undecided

You guys are being petty. It does not cost you much brain power to note that "SS" is simply a further abbreviation of "SSE".

1 Like

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by cheruv: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Thanks for your submission, I agree that the europeans didn't form the south south. What I said the area called the south south today existed before eastern Nigeria but with another name. The south south was a seperate entity on its own called the Oil rivers protectorate. The capital was in calabar and it comprised of present day Cross river, Rivers, Edo, Delta, Akwa Ibom, and Bayelsa state. South South is just a new name for the Oil rivers protectorate.
Stop telling lies bro..
Oil rivers was simply ijawland and the southwestern portions of Igboland(present day kwale,aboh,ndoni & ogba areas of Igboland).
Edo state was still under the suzerainty of king ovonramwen and wasn't conquered till 1897,after which the protectorate surrendered to Queen Viktoria's govt in 1900.
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by flyingsnail(f): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2015
wink

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2015
Sweetlemon:
op good job!
Now you know what you will do for me? get a screen shot of at least 20 non-Igbo SS indegenes in support of biafra. Make sure their names and surnames are clearly visible and make sure they are up to 25 years old so we are sure they have a full understanding of socio-political issues.

Simply post another update on fb and invite non-Igbo speaking SS indegenes to tell us what they think about biafra and if they are interested in joining. Thank you.

If you can't get up to 20 we will manage 15. And pls I didn't say you should go looking around the internet for screen shots. Gather them from your own contacts. From the people you know on fb. I'm sure you have up to 30 SS indegenes on fb right?

Still bitter over her defeat in the Miss Nairaland pageant which she blamed on the Igbos. Unam ikot.

1 Like

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by IGBOSON1: 11:29am On Aug 18, 2015
Pennywise:
All that area between SSW and SSE

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Nice try though!....I'll give you 100% for effort! wink
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by SonOfEl(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
PLS SHOW US NORTH CENTRAL, SILLY BIGOTS LOOKING FOR SENTIMENTS

north central is in the same nomenclature as south central. east central, and west central. but there is no such thing as north north, south south, west west, or east east. its tautaulogy. got it?
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2015
SonOfEl:

north central is in the same nomenclature as south central. east central, and west central. but there is no such thing as north north, south south, west west, or east east. its tautaulogy. got it?
TELL THAT TO THE ILLITERATE THAT WANTED TO MAKE FOOL OF HERSELF
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by bugzbunny: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2015
Sweetlemon:
op good job!
Now you know what you will do for me? get a screen shot of at least 20 non-Igbo SS indegenes in support of biafra. Make sure their names and surnames are clearly visible and make sure they are up to 25 years old so we are sure they have a full understanding of socio-political issues.

Simply post another update on fb and invite non-Igbo speaking SS indegenes to tell us what they think about biafra and if they are interested in joining. Thank you.

If you can't get up to 20 we will manage 15. And pls I didn't say you should go looking around the internet for screen shots. Gather them from your own contacts. From the people you know on fb. I'm sure you have up to 30 SS indegenes on fb right?

U are a big fool
Nothing comes frm ur brains except hate
Have bn following ur comments here
Be very careful
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2015
flyingsnail:
wink
GO TO SCHOOL YOU REFUSE, AM STILL WAITING FOR NORTH CENTRAL

CC:SWEETLEMON
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by QuotaSystem: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2015
SSE and SSW means South South west and South South east

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by Chiaka(f): 11:46am On Aug 18, 2015
walemoney007:
so ao is dat stoppin d Nigerian government from creatin d south south,just because oyinbo talk say notin lik south south,so black man no fit create south south abi?

The cardinal is a universally accepted thing irrespective of race and nationality. South South was Babangida agender nothing more grin
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by Chiaka(f): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Bros it appears you don't have know about this issue. The oil been referred to wasn't crude oil, but palm oil. Then the people of tdhe Niger delta were the middlemen in palm oil trade.

Whether palm oil or crude oil , it was then under Eastern Zone......No Zone called that.....and Calabar was the capital of the eastern zone...
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by Change2015(m): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
Chiaka:

The cardinal is a universally accepted thing irrespective of race and nationality. South South was Babangida agender nothing more grin

The South-South is a Nigerian geopolitical zone, not a cardinal point. That simple distinguishing factor should be easy enough to comprehend?

3 Likes

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by coolitempa(f): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
ekenedegreat:
That is to tell you that, Nigeria was created on fraud and our so-called politicians are still still running the country on fraud. When will the citizens of Nigeria open their eyes.

When we have expelled the biafraudians..... cheesy...successfully..... grin
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by mcvaeey(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
Seriously I'm beginning to hate these biafrans by the day. People from the South south are not complaining, why is it that it is only the igbos that are trying to take pain killers for another man's headache? South south is made of the Binis, Ijaws, Urhobos, Itsekiris, Efiks, Ibibios, Isokos, Ishans, Afemais, Anangs, Epies, Ikwerres, Kalabaris, Ogonis etc and yet these people are not complaining about being called south south except the igbos. These people have always made it clear that they're not biafrans and don't want to be part of you guys but why can't you biafrans let them be? The only reason the igbos are trying to align themselves with the people of the south south is simply because of two things which is their oil and access to international waters. I don't want to hear that crap of the south east having oil. If you have all these things why are you people still trying to include the south south in your map? It's simple because you know you guys have nothing to offer but numbers that's why you're trying to include them in your map.

3 Likes

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by walemoney007(m): 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
Chiaka:

a country govt would do anytin it feels is gud for is pple,was it right for US to invade iraq wen it did,am sure u know d right answer to dat,but d US govt feels its wot is gud for is pple..d abacha govt feels dia should b 3region in d south,and 3 in d north....weda is d federal govt agenda or not,so far it achieve is aim,I don't see anytin wrong in it

2 Likes

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by walemoney007(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
Chiaka:

Whether palm oil or crude oil , it was then under Eastern Zone......No Zone called that.....and Calabar was the capital of the eastern zone...
d british created d eastern region,so wot is ur problem if d Nigerian govt create d south south out of d eastern region? I don't even see why we are arguin on dis sef

2 Likes

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by osemwengie1: 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
mcvaeey:
Seriously I'm beginning to hate these biafrans by the day. People from the South south are not complaining, why is it that it is only the igbos that are trying to take pain killers for another man's headache? South south is made of the Binis, Ijaws, Urhobos, Itsekiris, Efiks, Ibibios, Isokos, Ishans, Afemais, Anangs, Epies, Ikwerres, Kalabaris, Ogonis etc and yet these people are not complaining about being called south south except the igbos. These people have always made it clear that they're not biafrans and don't want to be part of you guys but why can't you biafrans let them be? The only reason the igbos are trying to align themselves with the people of the south south is simply because of two things which is their oil and access to international waters. I don't want to hear that crap of the south east having oil. If you have all these things why are you people still trying to include the south south in your map? It's simple because you know you guys have nothing to offer but numbers that's why you're trying to include them in your map.
. They are not ready to leave Nigeria if not they would not be trying so hard to persuade people who do not want to be part of them. I still cant see the difference it will make for the SSE states to be part of biafra as they will still be minority, just that they will now be dominated by the Ibos which is what the Ibos want as they could not show dominance in Nigeria. I still ask just make a table ( In Nigeria / In Biafra) to show what those states will benefit by mere joining Biafra ( not political campaign type of answer) .

1 Like

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by Chiaka(f): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
walemoney007:
d british created d eastern region,so wot is ur problem if d Nigerian govt create d south south out of d eastern region? I don't even see why we are arguin on dis sef

there is no cardinal called point south south, geographically. Its just something carved out by Babangida to create some sort of divide and rule scheming
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by walemoney007(m): 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
Chiaka:

there is no cardinal called point south south, geographically. Its just something carved out by Babangida to create some sort of divide and rule scheming

was the north central also carved out by babaginda to create some sort of divide and rule scheming?

1 Like

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by Chiaka(f): 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
walemoney007:
was the north central also carved out by babaginda to create some sort of divide and rule scheming?

You answer it...
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by SonOfEl(m): 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
mcvaeey:

who wants to know?

dude, there is no such thing as south south, just as there is no such thing as east east, west west, and north north.

however, other nomenclature asides the standard cardinal points, are:

north central, south central, west central, and east central, all referring different pivots of central zones. similar nomenclature includes mideast, Midwest, midnorth, and midsouth. all referring to the middle or center of a pivot.

again, there is no such thing as south south, east east, north north, or west west........ its political, but it has nothing to do with southeast wanting to claim the entire south.

south south is not homogeneous, that is why there are SSEasterners, and SSWesterners, and then southerners...

honestly, for posterity sake, there is no such thing as south south.
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by KnowAll(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
There is something like south-south. The South- South refers to d Southern-most part of Southern Nigeria which happens to be between Bonny in Rivers State and Brass in Bayelsa State. Even taken d world as a whole as refrence point, South-South refers to countries in and around d South pole.

Do u guys know there is a South-South co-operation commision and it includes countries like Argentina, Chile, Antartica , Australia and Newzealand among other nations.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Original Map Of Africa In 1827 Before Europeans Arrived- Biafra In The Map / See What Ijaw Militants Did To A Soldier In A Communal Clash In Niger Delta(pics / List Of Prominent Nigerians Who Have Asked Buhari Not To Seek Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.