Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) (4199 Views)

Yoruba Elders Accuse Buhari Of Marginalizing The South & Favouring The North / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by walemoney007(m): 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
Chiaka:

You answer it...
am askin u
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by flyingsnail(f): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
Still waiting ... wink

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by pazienza(m): 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
KnowAll:
There is something like south-south. The South- South refers to d Southern-most part of Southern Nigeria which happens to be between Bonny in Rivers State and Brass in Bayelsa State. Even taken d world as a whole as refrence point, South-South refers to countries in and around d South pole.

Do u guys know there is a South-South co-operation commision and it includes countries like Argentina, Chile, Antartica , Australia and Newzealand among other nations.

There could be south -south, if we agree that SS is the area between SSE and SSW.

But this definition will mean that Edo, parts of Delta and parts of Cross River won't fall within the SS.

All in all, SS is not a geographical term, so I don't know why they call it a geo political zone. SS is a political term which should represent all Non Igbo and non Yoruba speaking part of Southern Nigeria.

That's what it should be, but it isn't, because Ndiigbo lost a war and some people felt they could balkanize Igboland,so many Igbo speaking areas of Southern Nigeria ended up in SS, while no Yoruba speaking area of Southern Nigeria was put in SS, areas like Ilaje and Mahin that though Yoruba speaking, you always had the feeling they have a lot to do with SS riverine culture ended up in SW and not SS, even some Ijaw communities ended up in SW. Southern Igboland was cut, but southern Yoruba was left intact.

But then again, I heard that Ekwueme an Igbo man, was instrumental to the creation of the geopolitical zones in Nigeria. He coined out the term SS I heard.
You, see nothing is clear with Nigeria, they are always vague and nebulous.
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by flyingsnail(f): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
wink where ..
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by sherrylo: 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
walemoney007:
pls show me North Central too?

God bless you
Op oya show me NC
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by sdindan: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nigeria is a wild wild west
Nnamdi kanu
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by flyingsnail(f): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
cheesy ..
Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP. Show Me Where The "South-south"... (Picture) by flyingsnail(f): 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2017
wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Original Map Of Africa In 1827 Before Europeans Arrived- Biafra In The Map / See List Of Invited Guests For New Yam Festival By Igbo Community Malaysia / Gov. Sanwo Olu Seen Praying At Home With His Wife (beautiful Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.