Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,281 members, 7,860,649 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Where Is The Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Is The Love? (514 Views)

My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life / To The Love Of My Life / Where Is The Love ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Love? by Xamie271(m): 10:26am On Aug 18, 2015
I know.. it's the wrong place to post this but.. any way.. I apologize.

Just the other day, a young girl, Jummie I think as found vomiting blood along Ikorodu road. Yeah! The poor girl was puking blood! And what did people around her do? They all rallied around her, cursing and snapping their fingers.. Couldn't offer the poor girl help. Someone in need of a saving breath! Their clothes were just too precious to soil that they cannot save a life. They were busy tweeting and snapping! Can you believe that? She was called a runs girl that was dumped out of a moving vehicle. Trust me.. Bloggers got a lot if traffic. Of course she died.. Why won't she? When no one cared?
The headline 'Victim of hit and run lying critical at Ajah roundabout' was popular yesterday.. 'Lying Critical' caught my eye because it means the victim was lying there as the news went round. No one offered help. Broken arms and ribs, blood and guts allover him and no one cared.. If he's DOA remains uncertain.
•To the blogger that feels traffic is more important than the truth..
•To the ones who feels getting more likes and followers on IG and tweeter is better than saving a life
•To the bystanders who feel its better to shout than to help
•To you reading this..
What if that was your family member? Shhh! Don't rebuke yet.. Because it might happen to you.. Or someone you care about. It just might, someday.
"The moment we stop fighting for each other, that's the moment we loose our humanity" Chiwetel Ejiofor, 2012. I'm sure we still human but not sure if we want to embrace that.
So I'm not gonna ask you to share this.. Nah. Bx the life you save might be yours. I'm just gonna ask like Black Eye Peas: Where is the love?
Re: Where Is The Love? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2015
Awww, this is touching.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Love? by ronald4lif(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2015
I know nothing about the story you're referencing to but even if she was a runs girl she still deserve urgent medical help. We're too quick to judge people and hardly have anything positive to say about strangers in need.

There are some people who'd tell you not to help the needy and beggars on the road for they would use the money to lock your destiny and render you useless. That's some useless talk and a deceitful attempt to discourage people from rendering assistance to others. She was a runs girl o, an arm robber o change nothing and should be help first before anything.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Love? by Elosky20: 10:40am On Aug 18, 2015
j
Re: Where Is The Love? by MegMich(m): 10:45am On Aug 18, 2015
No qualms but our mentality is toooo low for this century!

Someone was having seizures and thankfully, it was status epilepticus and all people around could do was run.

Really, nobody cares these days.
Re: Where Is The Love? by mickey45: 1:16am On Aug 19, 2015
MegMich:
No qualms but our mentality is toooo low for this century!

Someone was having seizures and thankfully, it was status epilepticus and all people around could do was run.

Really, nobody cares these days.

Ignorance and superstitions are IMO the major factors as regards public response to epileptic attacks.

Basic First Aid needs to be introduced in schools.
Some used to be in "Health Education" textbooks back then..
Wonder if they still have such now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lovers Garden: Name One Particular Thing In Women That Attracts Men The Most / Who Betrayed Who? / Tales By Moonlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.