Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life (1440 Views)

Look at What My Shakara Has Almost Cost Me [Picture] / This T-shirt Cost Me #20k / "Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Convos: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2017
While the names and certain details of the characters are fictional, this story isn’t.

I thought if we ever got to talk about everything that happened between us, I would get some closure. Eventually, we did talk about but it didn’t have the effect I was hoping for… I still love him.

I met Daniel at a friend’s party. He was not the regular tall, dark and handsome guy – only taller than me by a few inches. We had an interesting conversation and I thought “Hmm not bad”. I had already friend zoned him in my mind sef. Then we went from seeing movies together to him picking me up from work almost every day, even when it was not convenient for him. He was the first person I wanted to talk to when anything important happened to me and our love for music was something of a fairytale. He made me smile so much… Even thinking about it now brings tears to my eyes.

My emotions were in a turmoil. I had never felt like this with anyone else in my life (P.S. he was the 12th disciple in my line of boyfriends and situationships). We were hugely attracted to each other and this made my celibacy mantra even harder, but he respected that. When it felt like we were about crossing my invisible threshold, he was a perfect gentleman about it.

I always thought my mum’s senses worked in overdrive. That’s the only way I can explain how I got home on the weekend and she spontaneously starts talking to me about how I should not even think of marrying anybody that is not from Enugu state… No, Daniel is from the opposite side of life… Kwara State. I simply smiled and nodded. I was going to have a word with daughter number one. She usually overrides mumsy anyway. As soon as I mention he is from Kwara State, she starts begging me not to go down that path. In her exact words, it would not be worth the effort building camps in the family over someone I had only known for three months.

I thought “Well everything happens for a reason”, and there was no better time for me to be going for my masters’ degree anyway. Hopefully the time away would do me some good in letting go of whatever I felt for Daniel. The week before I travelled, I had been out with Daniel and we had one of the best times. Right before he dropped me off, we had a long talk and he pretty much took out a knife and cut his heart out for me to see. I just stared at

READ ON... http://thenakedconvos.com/missed-out-love-because-state-origin/
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Convos: 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Convos: 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2017
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Convos: 11:44am On Sep 13, 2017
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by benosky(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2017
Sorry
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Convos: 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
Read
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Convos: 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
Read...
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Convos: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Continue
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Convos: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
Read..
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Kobicove(m): 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
Where is the concluding part of the story?
Re: My Culture Cost Me The Love Of My Life by Convos: 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
Read

(1) (Reply)

. / She Came, I Saw And I Conquered / Please I Need Tips On How To Force Beards To Start Appearing On My Face.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.