Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava (796 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava by wrex001(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2009
I dont know if anyone has experience or talked about similar problem. I am trying to down-grade a Sony Vaio laptop from Windows Vista to Windows XP and its giving me a hard time. I have done such on HP and Dell Laptop but this one seem to be different.

Please guys, advise!!!
Re: Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava by KazuyaM(m): 10:54am On Mar 27, 2009
If the downgrade feature on your windows vista is not working there is only one thing left to do.

You have to install a clean copy of XP. You cant do this with a normal XP CD. You need a bootable XP cd, (this is a cd that installs once you start the computer without starting windows) Dont worry about your files they will still be there as long as you dont reformat the harddrive.
Re: Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava by candylips(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2009
Typical useless Windows
Re: Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava by FBS: 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2009
candylips:

Typical useless Windows
and in what way is it useless?
Re: Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava by netotse(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2009
do your research first! there are some computers that cant be downgraded are u sure the PC u're trying to downgrade isn't one of them?
Re: Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava by segzicres(m): 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2009
i can help you on the issue. call me on 018947841.
Re: Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava by wrex001(m): 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2009
Hello Guys, I have just found the solution to the downgrade. I read about Windows vista and its features. I got to know about its disk management function. which allows user to Shrink volume of the hard disk. By default, Vista take up all available disk space making it difficult for other operating system to recognise since Vista has a different boot loader. Well, it was time consuming but all thesame it was fun learning new stuff.

Thanks to everyone that suggested something. anyone with similar difficulty can reach me.

Cheers!
Re: Windows Vista To Windows Xp Palava by netotse(m): 1:36am On Apr 15, 2009
then u shlda told us u want to dual boot. . . we woulda sorted it out since. . .but since u learnt somefink congrats!

(1) (Reply)

Using Ur Lap Top As A Gps To Locate A Mobile Phone Location / Help: Black Screen Error After Post / Wireless Lan Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.