Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable (18043 Views)

I Am Emotionally Going Bankrupt / How Do I Stop Been Emotionally Attached To People? / (SOLVED) This Drained Me Emotionally.pls Solve. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hi guys, you might want to look up this THREAD by TrulyHis before reading the writ below.

This is more like a rejoinder

Okay, so here goes.....

Most guys are used to love bombing or gas-lighting, as the case may be.

As ladies, we sometimes wonder where we got it wrong, if it's a crime to show emotions and love passionately, because we find somewhere down the relationship that our loving overtures and care is met with outright resistance. This continues for a while until we are finally able to write the guy off. Sometimes, when they come back, it's either too late or never as it used to be.

We move on to another person, and it's like a cycle.

For starters, we ladies must realize that we cannot keep doing things the same way and expect different results.
The reason why the guys who employ this sick method are able to get to us is because we look up to things that are without for validation. For example, we can only love ourselves and see ourselves as beautiful if that guy (who more oft than not is emotionally unavailable) sees us as such.
It is sad that we have attached our worthiness as humans to things that are without (e.g., people's affirmations, our cars, money, jobs e.t.c).
Smh.

Until they start looking inwards, within....for joy, peace, love, whole self acceptance and what have you...ladies aren't going to be redeemed anytime soon.
You will know that you are making progress when someone calls you Ugly or Fat or a Failure, and you look at them and smile....why? Because you have become connected to the reality that however you are, your curves, your contours, your smoothness, your sleekness, your edges, even the so-called imperfections are the same things that make you so amazingly beautiful and wonderful.

Let me ask this question:- How many of us can really believe this about ourselves?
Even if we can, we would rather allow society be our yardstick of acceptance, both of self and others.

And just so you know sis, I haven't arrived either, I am not perfect. But then, I'm determined to leave this world better than I met it, and that entails working on becoming a better me....

My dear sister, learn to be your own best friend, your own motivator. Learn how to be mentally strong enough to let go of emotionally abusive people and relationships. Do not let them and the negative energy they exude be the defining factor of your life.
Stop acting out of desperation. Do not become an "anything goes" lady.
Show yourself some dignity! Stop feeling like the guy is doing you a favor by dating or marrying you.
You are as much a blessing to him as he is to youkiss You are not valueless my dear, please rise above your mind.
Be confident enough that whatever you desire for yourself, you can have.
Dis-identify from the negative tendencies of your mind.
Your true nature as a woman is one that every celestial being envies.
Die daily to your ego. Allow your true being, your true consciousness grow more and more within you.
You are enough. You are worthy. You are complete. You are whole.

^^How willing you are to believe this about yourself is a direct determinant of the proportion of changes you will see in your life.

Sometimes, it's okay to be selfish. A love you have not given to yourself, you cannot give to others, and cannot receive from others either.

A word is enough for the wise.

41 Likes 16 Shares

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by SUGARBEE(f): 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
Really inspirational and motivating

It's high time we ladies accepted who we really are and forged on, knowing your self worth as a lady determines your self value and representation...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
smiley
SUGARBEE:
Really inspirational and motivating

Thanks.
What an irony.

Your post on the thread was what inspired this write-up.
I had actually mentioned you and wrote down most of the stuff you're reading up there, then I figured that sisters of like minds could use the words too, so, voila! I created a thread.....and a blogpostgrin

1 Like

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by SUGARBEE(f): 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley

Thanks.
What an irony.

Your post on the thread was what inspired this write-up.
I had actually mentioned you and wrote down most of the stuff you're reading up there, then I figured that sisters of like minds could use the words too, so, volia! I created a thread.....and a blogpostgrin

How sweet smiley thanks... People see love and relationships more like a science which requires studying, guidelines and tutoring whereby I see love and relationships as an art

An art where you flow with the tides of an interpersonal feeling, a feeling of curiosity to know and unravel everything about another person.. Love really is mysterious
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by Kimoni: 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Waoh! Beautiful piece.

Very deep, very insightful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
SUGARBEE:

How sweet smiley thanks... People see love and relationships more like a science which requires studying, guidelines and tutoring whereby I see love and relationships as an art

An art where you flow with the tides of an interpersonal feeling, a feeling of curiosity to another person.. Love really is mysterious

Well, personally I think Love is who we are.
It's not something that is learned.
It's a default state of being.

But somehow, we have deviated to practicing everything that love is not.
And we are so cool with it, it has become a norm!

1 Like

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
Kimoni:
Waoh! Beautiful piece.

Very deep, very insightful.

Much appreciated Ma'am.
Tenksmiley

1 Like

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by pickabeau1: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

As ladies, we sometimes wonder where we got it wrong, if it's a crime to show emotions and love passionately, because we find somewhere down the relationship that our loving overtures and care is met with outright resistance. This continues for a while until we are finally able to write the guy off. Sometimes, when they come back, it's either too late or never as it used to be.

Please explain this

Generally ladies sit back
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by SUGARBEE(f): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

Spot on babe..
I was asking myself the other day if we all really knew the word "LOVE" but I guess we don't, in fact no one has ever apprehended it's true meaning...

It's not just a thing of the heart, neither is it when all things are fine and smooth..

Love for me is a decision to stay.. To stay when things are good and when things are bad... To stay when your husband or wife is inflicted with cancer for over ten years.. To stay when your husband can't afford to pay the bills any longer owing to his present circumstances...

Love love love we just say it like we breath in air whearas we don't even know anything about it

Cc, lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

Please explain this

Generally ladies sit back

gringringringrin
I have been subconsciously waiting for you.

Usually, the guy does all the chasing, gives the girl she's the "best thing since butter was introduced to sliced bread treatment", and then the moment he notices that bae is falling hard, he balls out, either gradually, or completely.
Woe betide that girl if she gives in to sex too early and is the kind who prefers connecting emotionally to material connections.
O ba je ti ti ti.

I will not rule out the fact that some ladies too nuh dey try, and the fact that we tend to go lax when the guy shows too much care and attention, but that's a topic for another day.

I believe, like my friend opined, that...A relationship consisting of two self aware people is one to be desired.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by nigerianium: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

The question is this: Do we really know who we are?

Is not by interacting with others (relationships) that our personalities begin to shape?

Do different situations/persons not provoke diffent reactions from us which are love, hate , indifference et al?

I don't think love is who we are but love is what can choose to be 'cause it's the BEST way of showcasing(?) our humanity. It doesn't make those who love less or are indifferent less human.

1 Like

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by pickabeau1: 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
LOL

I read it once,... read it again but I stopped at that line

So had to ask cheesy

Now I get you... that means your article is directed at a niche of self aware ladies

Cool then..

However the bolded below is more common.. guys chasing girls

MizMyColi:

gringringringrin

Usually, the guy does all the chasing, gives the girl she's the "best thing since butter was introduced to sliced bread treatment", and then the moment he notices that bae is falling hard, he balls out, either gradually, or completely.
Woe betide that girl if she gives in to sex too early and is the kind who prefers connecting emotionally to material connections.
O ba je ti ti ti.

I will not rule out the fact that some ladies too nuh dey try, and the fact that we tend to go lax when the guy shows too much care and attention, but that's a topic for another day.

I believe, like my friend opined, that...A relationship consisting of two self aware people is one to be desired.

2 Likes

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by donephi(m): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
Nice piece.

For the ladies your carriage and the value you place on urself determines the reaction or response from the "He" in your life.
In as much as no human is perfect, learn to be responsible for your actions,it shldnt be dependant on ur "feeling(mind)" but your heart.

2 Likes

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by Kimoni: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

gringringringrin

grin grin grin We were both subconsciously waiting for him. Maybe our spirits jointly invoked his presence grin grin

Pickabeau1, what's happening naa? Are u on vacation ni? I have missed your trouble o tongue

2 Likes

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by fredleo95(m): 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
SUGARBEE:

Spot on babe..
I was asking myself the other day if we all really knew the word "LOVE" but I guess we don't, in fact no one has ever apprehended it's true meaning...

It's not just a thing of the heart, neither is it when all things are fine and smooth..

Love for me is a decision to stay.. To stay when things are good and when things are bad... To stay when your husband or wife is inflicted with cancer for over ten years.. To stay when your husband can't afford to pay the bills any longer owing to his present circumstances...

Love love love we just say it like we breath in air whearas we don't even know anything about it

Cc, lalasticlala

Bae.... "LOVE" varies.... it doesn't just have to be from the boy and girl aspect... i very well understand the OP's point and from there i quote that regarding all those points and loving every being that God has created from your fellow boys and girls.... from there you build the loving spirit which is innate to enter into any kind of relationship that comes up from school, interactive sections, church, anywhere and then it wont be hard to love your partner cos you are already filled with the loving spirit....It definitely goes beyond Material things a long long way
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by JVgal(f): 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
Nice one

1 Like

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
SUGARBEE:

Spot on babe..

Cc, lalasticlala

smiley
In a way, we don't...yet, in a way, we totally do!!!!
It's a paradox.

Love lives in us.....for in him we move, in him we live, in him we have our being.

Let me give you an analogy, hope it suffices.

I believe that as I am now....I am love. I am goodness. I am joy. I am a replica, no, an original of everything that is good and lovely.
My having a good day is not a function of the fact that my boss just gave us nicely spiced chicken, or that I've been receiving affirmative words, or because it's been a pretty less busy day.....NO.
My day is good because I am goodness itself....if I walk with this mindset, even if anyone tries to hurt me, I can choose to let it go by remembering that goodness and love is the only reality that will ever matter to me.

Now here's the catch...To truly be these things above, my believing is not enough.
I equally need to know and walk in that awareness.

On the days when I am fully aware, I can take any kind of shyte and smile through it, I even pray for those who hurt me, but if I am not aware of these things and you cross my path.....well, your name is Gobe ogrin

Now, apply this to the love scenario in our relationships and you will find that much of the corrosiveness will simply go away.

1 Like

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
cheesy
Kimoni:

grin grin grin We were both subconsciously waiting for him. Maybe our spirits jointly invoked his presence grin grin

Pickabeau1, what's happening naa? Are u on vacation ni? I have missed your trouble o tongue
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by SUGARBEE(f): 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
fredleo95:

Bae.... "LOVE" varies.... it doesn't just have to be from the boy and girl aspect... i very well understand the OP's point and from there i quote that regarding all those points and loving every being that God has created from your fellow boys and girls.... from there you build the loving spirit which is innate to enter into any kind of relationship that comes up from school, interactive sections, church, anywhere and then it wont be hard to love your partner cos you are already filled with the loving spirit....It definitely goes beyond Material things a long long way

Hun.. What you're saying and what I said are merely bits and pieces to the word love..
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by fredleo95(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
SUGARBEE:

Hun.. What you're saying and what I said are merely bits and pieces to the word love..

You spoke the truth there cherie.... its in fact un-explainable
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by SUGARBEE(f): 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

smiley
In a way, we don't...yet, in a way, we totally do!!!!
It's a paradox.

Love lives in us.....for in him we move, in him we live, in him we have our being.

Let me give you an analogy, hope it suffices.

I believe that as I am now....I am love. I am goodness. I am joy. I am a replica, no, an original of everything that is good and lovely.
My having a good day is not a function of the fact that my boss just gave us nicely spiced chicken, or that I've been receiving affirmative words, or because it's been a pretty less busy day.....NO.
My day is good because I am goodness itself....if I walk with this mindset, even if anyone tries to hurt me, I can choose to let it go by remembering that goodness and love is the only reality that will ever matter to me.

Now here's the catch...To truly be these things above, my believing is not enough.
I equally need to know and walk in that awareness.

On the days when I am fully aware, I can take any kind of shyte and smile through it, I even pray for those who hurt me, but if I am not aware of these things and you cross my path.....well, your name is Gobe ogrin

Now, apply this to the love scenario in our relationships and you will find that much of the corrosiveness will simply go away.

Again and again our perspective may differ due to our different personalities but we're still heading the straight path to understanding love..

Good day
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by SUGARBEE(f): 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
fredleo95:

You spoke the truth there cherie.... its in fact un-explainable
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by donephi(m): 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
SUGARBEE:

Again and again our perspective may differ due to our different personalities but we're still heading the straight path to understanding love..

Good day
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by zicoraads: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
grin grin embarassed embarassed grin grin
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by zicoraads: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
SUGARBEE shocked shocked kiss embarassed
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
SUGARBEE:

Good day

Well I guess I got the impression that you think of love as something that's too surreal to understand.

You too dear. Do hava fine evening.
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by SUGARBEE(f): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
zicoraads:
SUGARBEE shocked shocked kiss embarassed
Maka gini?
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by pickabeau1: 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
Kimoni:

Pickabu1, what's happening naa? Are u on vacation ni? I have missed your trouble o tongue

Ma'am..ive been around,,,tend to stick to the boys room n sports threads.. less controversy..
saw your debates on the glass ceiling in the diaspora and the impact of bad governance of the psyche of the people
I agree with you... human nature is universal

Suggest a topic in the boys room

This topic is good
You are the mistress of your destiny
However be aware of the universal principles

2 Likes

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by cococandy(f): 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Nice one mizmycoli. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
nigerianium:

The question is this: Do we really know who we are?

Is not by interacting with others (relationships) that our personalities begin to shape?

Do different situations/persons not provoke diffent reactions from us which are love, hate , indifference et al?

I don't think love is who we are but love is what can choose to be 'cause it's the BEST way of showcasing(?) our humanity. It doesn't make those who love less or are indifferent less human.

Without really knowing who we are, we might not be able to fulfil purpose.

We do not exist in a vaccum.
Our world as we know it is ephemeral.

I am not talking about the derivatives of love. I am talking about love as a state of being.

You believe in God, right?
In his image and likeness?
Then you're aware that God is love?

Like you said, it lies in us the right to choose, whether or not we want to express love, and live the God life even before we approach eternity.

Of course, our choices do not make us any less human, for the creator has loved us all with an everlasting love, and will in the fullness of time, bring all of his creation to walk this same path...whatever it takes.
Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by MizMyColi(f): 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
kiss
cococandy:
Nice one mizmycoli. smiley

1 Like

Re: When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable by Kimoni: 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

Ma'am..ive been around,,,tend to stick to the boys room n sports threads.. less controversy..
saw your debates on the glass ceiling in the diaspora and the impact of bad governance of the psyche of the people
I agree with you... human nature is universal

Suggest a topic in the boys room

This topic is good
You are the mistress of your destiny
However be aware of the universal principles

Lol@ controversy....na so o

Okay. Will do

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's / What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Advice Needed From Mothers And Doctors In The House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.