Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun (2420 Views)

Army Cadet Shot Dead In Bayelsa By Suspected Cultists. Photos / Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai / ‘APC Stockpiling Arms, Recruiting Cultists For Bayelsa Poll’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 20, 2015
Afeez Hanafi
The police in Ogun State have arrested three
suspected cult members in the Ijoko area of the
state in connection with a deadly clash between two
rival groups – Eiye and Aiye confraternities ─ in the
community.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects, identified as
Idris Adejumo, aka Aloma; Muyideen Bello, aka Iso;
and Friday Edoh, were apprehended around 8am on
Wednesday by policemen attached to the Agbado
Police Division shortly after they started fomenting
trouble in the neighbourhood.
Edoh claimed to be a member of a vigilance group
while Aloma confessed to being a member of Aiye
Confraternity. Iso said he was just a friend to Aloma.
Our correspondent had reported on August 7 that
three persons died on August 5, while others were
injured when the two rival groups clashed. The state
police command, however, said only a youth,
identified simply as Sunday aka Fele, was killed in the
attack.
Fele, who was said to be a member of the Eiye
Confraternity had visited his mother on the fateful
day with his friend, Olamilekan Oladitan and were
returning on a motorcycle when Aloma and his gang
members reportedly waylaid them.
Fele was hacked to death, while Oladitan was
severely injured and rushed to a hospital.
Oladitan, who was at the station on Wednesday, said,
“Sunday met and I were friends. We played together
at the palace. We were returning from his mother’s
place on a motorcycle that day when Aloma and his
members ambushed us. They attacked us and poured
alcohol into our mouths. I pretended as if I was dead.
Some people later rescued me.”
Aloma told the police that he and six others had gone
to Ijoko-Ogba Ayo area on Wednesday to extort
money from commercial motorcyclists (okada riders)
when he was arrested.
He said, “I was not the one who killed him (Fele). That
fight was between boys working for two monarchs in
our area. I only know those boys; I don’t belong to
any group. Fele belonged to Eiye Confraternity and
he usually stayed at a palace with his members.
About seven of us went to collect money from okada
riders this morning (Wednesday). We were not
fighting.”
Iso, who denied being a cultist, said he was neither
involved in the August 5 clash nor the Wednesday’s
fight, adding that he was on a visit to a friend when
the police raided the area.
He said, “I am not a cultist. I only know Aloma. I was
at a drinking joint in Ogba Ayo this morning when he
came and we exchanged greetings. He then took an
okada to Abule. Some minutes later, I also took an
okada to visit a friend called Radical in Abule.
Iwanted to leave there when the police arrested me.
I was not at home during the clash on August 5.”
Edoh said he was coming from a church in the
community, where he was posted to for a night duty
when he was arrested.
The Ogun State Police spokesperson, DSP Muyiwa
Adejobi, said the suspects were being investigated
and would be charged to court afterwards.
He said, “Policemen of the State Department of
Criminal Investigation, with the help of operatives at
Agbado Police Division, stormed the area this
morning (Wednesday) and were able to arrest three
suspected cultists in connection with a recent deadly
clash in the community. They have been transferred
to the SDCI in Eleweran for further investigation.
They will be charged to court after investigation.”
Copyright PUNCH.All rights reserved. This material,
and other digital content on this website, may not b

www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-arrest-suspected-cultists-for-killings-in-ogun/
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by Immortall: 6:49am On Aug 20, 2015
Serious!
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by SPG4U(m): 6:49am On Aug 20, 2015
[size=20pt] but i thought they said the should be killed on sight[/size]
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by SouthernBreeze(m): 6:50am On Aug 20, 2015
Ogun and ritual! The most annoying part is that after these rituals, they are still poor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:50am On Aug 20, 2015
Will anything good come out of Ogun??..

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by emmyblackky(m): 6:50am On Aug 20, 2015
What da hell
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by Cutehector(m): 6:51am On Aug 20, 2015
Advantages of cultism please
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by AnambraDota: 6:52am On Aug 20, 2015
Immortall:
Serious!

Ogun state and ritualism are like bread abd butter

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by AnambraDota: 6:54am On Aug 20, 2015
SPG4U:

That means the population of Ogun state will be reduced by 69%, ritualism is the biggest industry there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by kennyman2000(m): 6:56am On Aug 20, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:56am On Aug 20, 2015
That state is now crime capital of Nigeria no day will pass without any crime report coming out from the state the authorities there should do something about it
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by natas22: 6:57am On Aug 20, 2015
SPG4U:

I wonder oh
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by natas22: 6:58am On Aug 20, 2015
AnambraDota:

That means the population of Ogun state will be reduced by 69%, ritualism is the biggest industry there

Lmao but that's true, they believe so much on juju not knowing that its only in JESUS you can be saved, protected and loved.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by boboLIL(m): 7:01am On Aug 20, 2015
Shun cultism... Hard man no de pay
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by AnambraDota: 7:04am On Aug 20, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
That state is now crime capital of Nigeria no day will pass without any crime report coming out from the state the authorities there should do something about it

Ogun holds the african record for the number of missing people in Africa alone most have been used to appease one god like that or the other.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 20, 2015
Ogun is too fetish.

A colleague of mine narrated how he narrowly escaped being used for rituals in Ogun. He followed his friend to his village and right in his presence, they were asking his friend if he wanted to use my colleague for money rituals.

Had his friend nodded yes, he wouldn't have come out alive. Rituals is really no 'biggie' in a lot of areas there, and they use humans.

That's too backward.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 20, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
Ogun is too fetish.

A colleague of mine narrated how he narrowly escaped being used for rituals in Ogun. He followed his friend to his village and right in his presence, they were asking his friend if he wants to use my colleague for money rituals.

Had his friend nodded yes, he wouldn't have come out alive. Rituals is really no 'biggie' in alot of areas there, and they use humans.

That's too backward.

Was it not in Ogun State that a toddler started missing during naming ceremony only to be discovered in a shrine in the outskirt of the city.

Yorubass are diabolic but Ogun seems to be the headquarters

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by AnambraDota: 7:25am On Aug 20, 2015
natas22:

Lmao but that's true, they believe so much on juju not knowing that its only in JESUS you can be saved, protected and loved.

My cousin lives in ogun state, she said if you caught yourself outside 7PM only two things are in involve, its either they use you for rituals or they rob all your belongings.

Even in camp during NYSC, corpers were warned about keeping late nights in Ogun state to avoid stories that touches the heart.

Ogun ritualism is happening on industrial scale

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by truefact: 7:42am On Aug 20, 2015
Ritualistic people, so fetish and diabolical. ...soon they would tell you how suffercated they are....they are nothing....propaganding is is what they termed progressive. ..cowards bunch

1 Like

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by backtosender: 7:48am On Aug 20, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
Ogun is too fetish.

A colleague of mine narrated how he narrowly escaped being used for rituals in Ogun. He followed his friend to his village and right in his presence, they were asking his friend if he wants to use my colleague for money rituals.

Had his friend nodded yes, he wouldn't have come out alive. Rituals is really no 'biggie' in alot of areas there, and they use humans.

That's too backward.
HEsus is it that worst? shocked shocked rituals is very big in that place
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by SPG4U(m): 8:20am On Aug 20, 2015
AnambraDota:

I hail from ogun, and I don't care if are left with 31% pure citizens

So no big deal
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 21, 2015
SPG4U:
I hail from ogun, and I don't care if are left with 31% pure citizens

So no big deal

Do you know whether your father is among them grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by SPG4U(m): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Do you know whether your father is among them grin grin grin grin grin
now I can understand ur fear and its obvious, because u knw d statistical data of ritualists in the country and because ur father is one should not make u think every other person's father is...

U are only seeking attention..n.b. U don't just talk to people's parents anyhow, if u don't cherish urs, they cherish thiers

1 Like

Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
Re: Ogun Ritualists - Police Arrest Suspected Cultists For Killings In Ogun by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
SPG4U:
now I can understand ur fear and its obvious, because u knw d statistical data of ritualists in the country and because ur father is one should not make u think every other person's father is...

U are only seeking attention..n.b. U don't just talk to people's parents anyhow, if u don't cherish urs, they cherish thiers

(1) (Reply)

6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know / Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan / Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.