Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. (22064 Views)

The Thievery Stealing And Deception Of MTN Nigeria (data Theft) / Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI / How Can I Change The Imei Of My Samsung Galaxy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by mudiana(m): 8:22am On Sep 09, 2015
Elxandre:
I created this thread with the newly released phone, Infinix Hot 2 in mind.

This is a country that supposedly hates stealing and even go as far as lynching petty thieves.
But we "tweak" and steal the data incentives offered to people who buy phones with their hard earned money.

People defend tweaking to browse Free on our ISPs, with the premise that they are only "revenging" the evil done to them by these service providers, who have refused to provide truly affordable data.

My Question is, why should I buy a phone and meet my data already stolen, when I'm not the ISP that you have your grudge against?

This is synonymous with stealing and corruption, and if you actually campaigned for "change", but still steal incentives from people, you are just another hypocrite.
I do it...kill urself.lol

1 Like

Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by sladimeji(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2015
Elxandre:

This is a country that supposedly hates stealing and even go as far as lynching petty thieves.
But we "tweak" and steal the data incentives offered to people who buy phones with their hard earned money.

People defend tweaking to browse Free on our ISPs, with the premise that they are only "revenging" the evil done to them by these service providers, who have refused to provide truly affordable data.

My Question is, why should I buy a phone and meet my data already stolen, when I'm not the ISP that you have your grudge against?

This is synonymous with stealing and corruption, and if you actually campaigned for "change", but still steal incentives from people, you are just another hypocrite.
so are you saying you've never cheated before ....well may b u were born with a silver spoon doesn't mean everyone was also born with silver spoon...I wasn't Buh am already to steal one
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by gajerian(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2015
lekjons:
thank God, i don't tweak imei, i use simpleserver, *walks outta thread*

Pls me through giovanni762002@gmail.com
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 09, 2015
Here I was thinking IMEI tweaking simulates using a particular phone brand not that it uses already configured IMEIs.
I've never done IMEI tweaking before but now you've said it shortchanges innocent consumers I'd've never use it. I'd stick to simple server then.
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by sladimeji(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2015
Leetunechi:
When I have been downloading free with just 150# over the past three weeks cheesy

2gig

Shoro niyen
social me pak?
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by menxer: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2015
eemmbbee:
SO IFU C 5GB HANGING AROUND U WONT USE IT ABI

that's the same mentality our public officers have.
if they see #5billion hanging around in the treasury shouldn't they use it?

wake up! grin

1 Like

Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2015
"This is synonymous with stealing and corruption, and if you actually campaigned for "change", but still steal incentives from people, you are just another hypocrite."

Thank God I'm PDP. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by keandre: 8:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Dem don tweak Op imei grin

1 Like

Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by Happiness87(f): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2015
Nigerian civil servants are corrupt -egift
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by adrusa: 8:58am On Sep 09, 2015
Thank you, OP. People making fun of you are budding Jonathans and Diezanis. If they ever become a leader anywhere in Nigeria, they will tweak the treasury badly. May the gods of our land forbid their becoming anything in Nigeria other than IMEI tweakers.

1 Like

Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2015
Elxandre:

egift is so guilty of this.
God punish imei tweekers just like it will punish our treasury looters, AMEN.
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by joseph1832(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2015
Elxandre:

The Nigerian polity thrive on hypocrisy. Besides, you're only branded a thief if you're caught with your hands inside the cookie jar!.
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by psalmly(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2015
blessedvisky:
This is why I jejely use my Glo 3GB for #1000. Both of us win cool

Oga aw d tin be bah? Abeg am soo interested
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by whalesbanks(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2015
@ mymissingrib, have sent you a mail, abeg we need to speak asap cos its kind of urgent
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by kaelz(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2015
Elxandre:

OP a country like ours should be paying stipends to doz dat are unemployed 2 an extent, dis IMEI thieves are mostly thosse that are jobless and unemployed, hw do u expect dem to do it d right way, perhaps, these so called service providers are adding salts to injuries by makin it miserable for most of diz youths, so my brother MAN MUST SURVIVE... Itz bin long i tweaked my phone
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by ewenla1234(m): 9:10am On Sep 09, 2015
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by airsaylongcon: 9:13am On Sep 09, 2015
OP, I feel your pain. Shame what church rats will go through to get a miserly 2gb that I go exhaust in a few hours. If u wanna steal be smart about it. What stops you all from getting a dysfunctional bb and tweak your Chinese phones. Smart phones are for people who can afford them not for small time university boy who can't pay his bills
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by prettytasha(f): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2015
when av used over 20gb in one month ...watz my biz with imei
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by mediachirps(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2015
Chidexter:
Guys please whats This Imei thievery the Op is talking about??
I think i'm interested
sorry, you're just behind the clock.
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by 3kay945(m): 9:25am On Sep 09, 2015
If this is a sermon, I bet you it's dead on arrival.
Guys no go hear. Take it or you leave.
Besides, are people buying phones because of 500mb bonus attached Just asking o

1 Like

Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by ewenla1234(m): 9:25am On Sep 09, 2015
[b][/b]i still did 20GB MTN this morning
contact me on this 07039041998
or better still
visit my site for latest free gig
ewenla4youths.com
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by abiolag(m): 9:29am On Sep 09, 2015
All Nigerian are hypocrite
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by bash4us(m): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2015
prettytasha:
when av used over 20gb in one month ...watz my biz with imei

dearie, show me d way. uniquebash@gmail.com or 08066001001. thnx
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 09, 2015
Nawa o and I still coff out #2500 2x in a month to sub mtn night plan. Olorun oba o. Mtn wan send me back to village o. Somebody biko come to my aid.

But that glo, I can't use it even for free. Their network na frustration

1 Like

Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by stuff46(m): 9:32am On Sep 09, 2015
I just de laff you! Abeg make person gimme airtel sim abeg.
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by xynerise: 9:35am On Sep 09, 2015
grin Epic responses
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by Osu175(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2015
thats why i use my glo 3GB from N1000 and get N2000 addition for calls
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by dharay99: 9:41am On Sep 09, 2015
mtcheeeeew.... Cry on 0p.
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:43am On Sep 09, 2015
tohpahz:

Psiphon or simple server.. the chat pak shey?

Hahaha so you sef sabi..... that's good.
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2015
I me I tweaking is too stressful sef...you fit tweak reach 10 Imei nothing go happen Lol...

Still rocking Mtn 5gb for 1k via psiphon

Or 2100 for 150gb wink
Re: IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites. by rman: 9:47am On Sep 09, 2015
See leaders of tomorrow..

See their comments. Trying to rationalise illegality.

Shame of a nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / How To Fix "No Command" Onandroid / Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.