Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Are You A Feminist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You A Feminist? (1225 Views)

Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" / See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men / I Am A Feminist!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Feminist? by Barayeks(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2015
ARE YOU A #FEMINIST ?

Do you believe in the complete equality of males and females? Well if yes...thats just awesome..you can keep reading...this writeUp is for you.

Why is it that the issue of gender equality only comes up when its time for promotion and the female feels her boss is favouring her male collegues over her.... Or when its time for political appointment...a group of women gather to chant "we no go gree...we want a female this and that"... They make it seem having a job is the only thing entailed in 'being a man'....I have absolutely no problem with feminists....I just have a problem with the fact that they are selective about when to apply the 'equality'...I'm sure we all know this common saying "my money is money and your money is our money".

You cant drink your Akamu and still have it....if you want #genderEquality you have to take the whole thing... If you want to hypen your surname after marriage and answer half your fathers surname and half your husband's surname...no problem.....just make sure you take care of half the total cost of the wedding...including bride price...( sry is it price or prize :/)...thats gender equality...half the house rent...half the childrens school fees and allowances...thats gender equality...be ready to do some heavy lifting in the house whenever new appliances are aquired....since the genders are equal..... If you cant do allll these things....then you have to agree that both genders arent equal....God put the man as the head of the house....to love and provide.... and the bible says a wife should be submissive....not rubbing shoulders with her husband talking Gender Equality #instagood

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? by Heromaniaa: 8:32am On Aug 21, 2015
Opportunities are not awarded. they are merited by those who painstakingly and steadfastly strive for them. women are good in their field but the good must give
way for the better. laurels are not awarded based on gender but based
on Sterling achievement regardless of gender and where a man has proved himself the smarter should d crown be given a woman in the name of balancing gender equation? the greatest injustice is treating unequal people as equals. what females should clamour for instead is an equal pedestal for men and women. The better side takes all.
MrsPhyno:
Men and women are different but equal. Or rather, should be equal. The most important premise of feminism isn't about whether or not you can slap a woman which is the kinda rubbish argument that people always bring up as if that is even a pertinent life issue.
Feminism is just like anti-racism, before anything else, they want equality. How is that bad..... Even the bible says there is neither 'Jew nor Greek, Slave nor Free, Male nor Female' blah blah blah
Human beings are just human beings. You're not a special snowflake just cause you were born male shikena and all females deserve to be awarded the same opportunities that all males are. That's the basic point, I think grin
Opportunities are not awarded. they are merited by those who painstakingly and steadfastly strive for them. women are good in their field but the good must give
on Sterling achievement regardless of gender and where a man has proved himself the smarter should d crown be given a woman in the name of balancing gender equation? the greatest injustice is treating unequal people as equals. what females should clamour for instead is an equal pedestal for men and women. The better side takes all.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? by UyiIredia(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2015
Men and women have different physical and emotional build. Men tend to be taller, stronger and more aggressive. Women are more gentle, weaker and tend to be shorter. I can only agree with gender equality to the extent that women are given the same chances to occupy posts filled by men in the academia, sports, government etc. But I do not agree with the premise that men and women are equal. They aren't as my initial statements_backed by the facts_clearly show.
Re: Are You A Feminist? by omicron(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2015
UyiIredia:
Men and women have different physical and emotional build. Men tend to be taller, stronger and more aggressive. Women are more gentle, weaker and tend to be shorter. I can only agree with gender equality to the extent that women are given the same chances to occupy posts filled by men in the academia, sports, government etc. But I do not agree with the premise that men and women are equal. They aren't as my initial statements_backed by the facts_clearly show.
I go with your viewpoint.

Men and women are not equal. I do not believe in gender equality.

I believe in gender equity - that men and women should be allowed same OPPORTUNITIES, let the fittest survive.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? by snakebeat: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2015
UyiIredia:
@bolded, u're funny.
Lol... cheesy
Re: Are You A Feminist? by Adaeze003(f): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2015
K
Re: Are You A Feminist? by snakebeat: 10:14am On Aug 21, 2015
Op u're right. Feminists are bias set of individuals, na only big positions them for they clamour for equity, I haven't see them once clamouring for more females in bricklaying, palmwine tapping, okada work etc.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? by snakebeat: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Are You A Feminist? by UyiIredia(m): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2015
omicron:
I go with your viewpoint.

Men and women are not equal. I do not believe in gender equality.

I believe in gender equity - that men and women should be allowed same OPPORTUNITIES, let the fittest survive.

Then gender equity it is.
Re: Are You A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 21, 2015
Men and women are different but equal. Or rather, should be equal. The most important premise of feminism isn't about whether or not you can slap a woman which is the kinda rubbish argument that people always bring up as if that is even a pertinent life issue.
Feminism is just like anti-racism, before anything else, they want equality. How is that bad..... Even the bible says there is neither 'Jew nor Greek, Slave nor Free, Male nor Female' blah blah blah

Human beings are just human beings. You're not a special snowflake just cause you were born male shikena and all females deserve to be awarded the same opportunities that all males are. That's the basic point, I think grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You A Feminist? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 21, 2015
All feminist will rot in hell
Re: Are You A Feminist? by snakebeat: 10:59am On Aug 21, 2015
softapples:
All feminist will rot in hell
Bros u dey vex o... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2015
snakebeat:
Bros u dey vex o... cheesy
NOR B SMALL

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? by snakebeat: 11:05am On Aug 21, 2015
MrsPhyno:

@bolded, chai!
See as u turn pastor because of feminism. It means u get calling, why not use it to win souls for God, instead of using it to propagate feminism?
God go vex for u o...
How is phyno?
Re: Are You A Feminist? by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 21, 2015
snakebeat:

@bolded, chai!
See as u turn pastor because of feminism. It means u get calling, why not use it to win souls for God, instead of using it to propagate feminism?
God go vex for u o...
How is phyno?
grin grin grin
he's fine thanks
Re: Are You A Feminist? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Feminism is that a man's humanity is not more than a woman's humanity. The way he feels entitled to the pursuit of his own happiness, to discover, grow, thrive and have the woman's support in his endeavours is the same way a woman is entitled to all the goodliness of life she aspires to,for and is entitled to his support as well. Equal rights to happiness, freedom and enjoyment of life. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Feminist? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Heromaniaa:
what do you mean by the bolded
Re: Are You A Feminist? by gamaliel121(m): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
Men and women are not and will never be equal..

We all know that..
Femifuckingnism
Re: Are You A Feminist? by datyrone(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
theres nothing like equality...the so called feminists should be fighting for favourable social opportunities and well-being of the female gender.
the role of the man is to provide...and the woman to support
Re: Are You A Feminist? by nltruer: 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
feminists are a bunch of angry and lonely women who think he world should revolve around them.
Don't be fooled by online feminists especially the Nairalanders one.
Bunch of losers.
How many of them pay their bills?
how many of them will wake up in the middle of the night when they hear the sound of arm-robbers?oh no their husbands must do it.
How many of them contribute to their weddings or pay the bride price?
How many of them pay the school fees of their kids and rent?
Equality is equality.If i can fix that lamp or change my tyre,a woman should too.EQUALITY

Losers!

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Feminist? by kennyfela: 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
Happy Birthday Banke .You are a great & inspirational leader | See Here:... http://bankemeshidalawal..com/2015/08/happy-birthday-banke.html

Re: Are You A Feminist? by MrCork: 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Barayeks:
ARE YOU A #FEMINIST ?

Do you believe in the complete equality of males and females? Well if yes...thats just awesome..you can keep reading...this writeUp is for you.

Why is it that the issue of gender equality only comes up when its time for promotion and the female feels her boss is favouring her male collegues over her.... Or when its time for political appointment...a group of women gather to chant "we no go gree...we want a female this and that"... They make it seem having a job is the only thing entailed in 'being a man'....I have absolutely no problem with feminists....I just have a problem with the fact that they are selective about when to apply the 'equality'...I'm sure we all know this common saying "my money is money and your money is our money".

You cant drink your Akamu and still have it....if you want #genderEquality you have to take the whole thing... If you want to hypen your surname after marriage and answer half your fathers surname and half your husband's surname...no problem.....just make sure you take care of half the total cost of the wedding...including bride price...( sry is it price or prize :/)...thats gender equality...half the house rent...half the childrens school fees and allowances...thats gender equality...be ready to do some heavy lifting in the house whenever new appliances are aquired....since the genders are equal..... If you cant do allll these things....then you have to agree that both genders arent equal....God put the man as the head of the house....to love and provide.... and the bible says a wife should be submissive....not rubbing shoulders with her husband talking Gender Equality #instagood

....hmmm..u want missclassy & Mrs Chima to catch u? undecided

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? by Barayeks(m): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Lol....This topic seemed to have attracted a lot of attention....I don't know who to respond to....since no one directed any question at me

@MrCork I'm guessing they are the popular feminism activists on here? well I look foward to reading their contribution
Re: Are You A Feminist? by Barayeks(m): 1:27am On Sep 27, 2015
Beastofnonation
Re: Are You A Feminist? by BeastOfNoNation(f): 2:46am On Sep 27, 2015
Barayeks:
Beastofnonation

You really didn't need to tag me because there are women up there who have said everything about feminism. smiley smiley smiley Feminism is having equal respect for both genders and saying that both or them are capable of doing whatever it is that they want to do. That is feminism. We're not saying that we want to eradicate male or female characteristics and make everyone indistinguishable from each other. We want the same opportunities to achieve as men and sometimes that's not the case.
Re: Are You A Feminist? by Barayeks(m): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2015
BeastOfNoNation:

You really didn't need to tag me because there are women up there who have said everything about feminism. smiley smiley smiley Feminism is having equal respect for both genders and saying that both or them are capable of doing whatever it is that they want to do. That is feminism. We're not saying that we want to eradicate male or female characteristics and make everyone indistinguishable from each other. We want the same opportunities to achieve as men and sometimes that's not the case.

"Equal opportunities to ACHIEVE as men"

Just proves my point that you feminist want selective equality
Re: Are You A Feminist? by BeastOfNoNation(f): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
Barayeks:

"Equal opportunities to ACHIEVE as men"

Just proves my point that you feminist want selective equality

Wait, so what is wrong with wanting to achieve?
Re: Are You A Feminist? by Spikkylee: 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
MrCork:

....hmmm..u want missclassy & Mrs Chima to catch u? undecided

Is miz klassyi a feminist
Re: Are You A Feminist? by cbravo3: 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
THE IMPORTANCE OF FEMINISM IN DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIAN POLITICS: AN EXPOSITION
http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/philosophy/importance-feminism-development-nigerian-politics-exposition/

(1) (Reply)

A Lesbian Or A Cheating Wife, Which Would You Prefer? / Why Being Emotional About Sex / How To Successfully Achieve Your Goals In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.