Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB (22725 Views)

Layole Oyatogun: 'I Discovered I Was A Side Chic On Christmas Day' / Kemi Olunloyo's Tribute To OJB Jezreel / Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by olokfor: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/-O4uT9jc6i_0/Vdgvc0BD1cI/AAAAAAACJk4/CMpl1IvFFH8/s1600/wiz-1.jpg[/img]
Producer, OJB Jezreel has decided to set the records straight regarding who discovered Wizkid.In a recent interview,OJB said he hadn’t spoken about it before now because he is too old to be blowing his own trumpet at 50. The beat maker said that he went to Wizkid’s family house to convince his parents to allow him pursue his music career.

“To set the records, I discovered Wizkid’s talent. We basically started his career and I remember when we had to push Wizkid around and take him for shows but nobody was ready to allow him to perform because they were not ‘feeling’ him at that point in time. When he had the chance and said he wanted to move on and try other things, we were behind him then too. If we did not discover him, he would not have been with us. I was the first person to go to his family house to tell them that it would be a nice idea if they allowed him to go into music.
We have been there from day one but not everybody know this story, we don’t just make noise about it. It is not Banky W that discovered him, I did. I would soon be 50 years old and I think it would be funny if I start blowing my trumpet,” he said.

OJB said that he has no regrets when it comes to Wizkid because he pushed his career as far as he could.

“There are some artistes that if you spend millions of naira on them, they would not be impactful until they cross borders. Take Harrysongs for example, millions was spent on him but nothing happened till he crossed over to Five Star Entertainment. There is no how Harrysongs would say that Questionmark record label was not a blessing to his life. Sometimes, these things happen like that and I think it is destiny,” he said.

http://www.metroparrot.net/2015/08/i-discovered-wizkid-not-banky-w-ojb.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 22, 2015
ok we hear you, is that wizkid? money is good
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by HerexG(m): 9:37am On Aug 22, 2015
He is right, Wizy Baby served Ojb baba

Na him dem dey send go buy Amala for Shitta then , so as to get free studio session grin

And now omode anoo don become boss

So don't be shy or too big to serve

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by AmakaDNB(f): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2015
grin
It's Saturday! Do not miss episode four of Roommates on DNB Stories today.
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by veekid(m): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2015
heard!! go bank, go use am collect money

14 Likes

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by Dygeasy(m): 9:43am On Aug 22, 2015
Hasn't he said something like this before? I think he mentioned helping D'banj's career too.

Sometimes I wonder how these people feel when they say things like these

It's somewhat weird. You keep mentioning some successful people's names and say you're the brain or person behind their success and they expect what exactly? The person being talked about and the people listening or reading should say "Yeah Yeah, baba agba. Tuale! You don try."

Point is no one gives a fvck whom you helped. If you were unable to maintain your own shining star when it was shining, it's nobody's fault. Don't start claiming lord when you're fast becoming irrelevant in the the same business that brought you to limelight.

Hasn't Don Jazzy done better than OJB when it comes to nurturing and bringing to light raw talents? Who dey make noise pass?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by RedCard1(m): 9:43am On Aug 22, 2015
Alright. We don notice you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by finestiyke(m): 9:43am On Aug 22, 2015
Wow, and so?

1 Like

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by omoadeleye(m): 9:43am On Aug 22, 2015
So does that make the fact that my Putme score will increase after reading this. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by kenedy175(m): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2015
The guy above me just said my mind.

Nothing else to comment
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by osamaBUSH(m): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2015
Same way Idris discover Timaya?
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by asscb(f): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2015
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by westwood55(m): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2015
And so
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by superior1: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2015
Story for the gods
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by chemicool: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2015
Good
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by kenedy175(m): 9:46am On Aug 22, 2015
osamaBUSH:
J
For Johnny

1 Like

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by kenedy175(m): 9:46am On Aug 22, 2015
HerexG:
a
For ajegunle

1 Like

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by dOnLarich: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2015
So
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by fejikudz(m): 9:47am On Aug 22, 2015
k
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by LILYCHERISH(f): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2015
AmakaDNB:
grin
It's Saturday! Do not miss episode four of Roommates on DNB Stories today.

yes I did
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by petux(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2015
Tcheww shey wizkid self still remember u sha... dae dere dae shout...
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by adeyemi97(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2015
He said he doesn't want to blow his own trumpet, so what the F is he doing now?? Playing his guitar??

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by kennyman2000(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2015
Okay..
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 22, 2015
ok we hear u
Re: I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB by qualityovenbake(m): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2015
Who made him famous?, who gave him wealth?, of cause is Banky. So what's OJB saying.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AgegeDanceChallenge: Tekno Challenges Fans To Dance As He Sets A N1m For Winner / Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom / Photo Of DJ Cuppy And Funke Akindele Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.