Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread (1357 Views)

How Abba Kyari Exploits President Buhari's Poor Health / Nigerians Rate Buhari Poor In Economic Management – Vanguard Poll / Buhari's Poor Performance: When The Bell Rings Twice - Sam Omatseye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by ochejoseph(m): 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
Earlier today Presidency responded to issues earlier raised with respect to the President's promise to abolish the office of the First lady.
Malam Garba Shehu Released a statement which attempted to take care of the Issues raised this article

https://www.nairaland.com/2528594/office-first-lady-how-buhari

The statement published in the Vanguard newspaper claimed that the Office of the first lady has been abolished.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/presidency-abolishes-office-of-first-lady/

It is rather dis heartening that rather than come clean the media aides are further complicating issues for their principals by covering up issues that are already public knowledge. 

For Instance 

1. The media aide claims that 

"There will be no access to public funds. It will be purely private and voluntary”

How then does he explain the secret appointment of Senior Special assistants and other official aides who are paid by tax payer's ?

2. Garba Shehu says the President intends  to set the office of the Wife of the President 

What is the difference between the two offices?

This change in nomenclature is a total violation of his pre election pledge to to have that office 

‎“The Office of the First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them,” 

These were the exact words of general Mohammadu Buhari prior to the 2015 general elections. 

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/42969-i-won-t-have-office-for-first-lady-buhari

3 . On the Issue of office

The Punch which reported the occupation of the office of first Lady by Aisha Buhari was very clear about how the place was been run 

http://www.punchng.com/news/aisha-buhari-takes-over-patience-jonathans-office/

Garba Shehu's statement only confirms the report by the Punch, 

Sincerity demands that if you make a pledge and due to circumstances  you are constrained and unable to keep such promises, that you come clean to those to whom you made such promise not deceptively  moving around in circles seeking new ways of confusing the population.

May God Continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians 

CC: Lalasticlala Kindly balance the equation!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by Mogidi: 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
This is not the first time nor the last time APC would be caught speaking out of both sides of mouth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by deadZONE: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
BUHARI is made up of just words
empty vessels make the loudest
noise... his just a TALK TALK SNAIL.

Mallam probe probe.

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
Barca is this where you are hiding?

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
Don't expect anything less from APC... its just their modus operandi... say one thing today, refute it tomorrow....

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by DickDastardly(m): 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Buhari should never be trusted ........ idiabgo 1983

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hahaha... So grandpa sef still dey scam deir pikins... well issorytio....
I m waiting for Omenka, Passingshot, Ugwukwenu or demdem to come and defend ds...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by GreatUniben: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
Assosciation of past and present thieves

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by Rose2014: 2:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
crixtex:
Hahaha... So grandpa sef still dey scam deir pikins... well issorytio....
I m waiting for Omenka, Passingshot, Ugwukwenu or demdem to come and defend ds...

Watch how they will avoid this thread like a plague

If it's to create threads about Buhari's body language, they'll show cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by PassingShot(m): 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
Let me oblige you a bit:

1. The president's wife can have aides paid for by tax payers money. It's not a crime and it's a common practice even when she doesn't take on any official functions. Remember the president got approval for fifteen aides. That there will be no public funds relates to not having budgetary allocations for the president's wife future projects.

2. Garba Shehu says the President intends to set the office of the Wife of the President

What is the difference between the two offices?

This change in nomenclature is a total violation of his pre election pledge to to have that office
Nowhere in the statements of Garba Shehu was the title "Office of Wife of the President" used. It was a deduction made by the paper. Nevertheless, long before now including during the election, it was asked many times how will the president's wife be addressed if not First Lady. The usual answer then was she should be addressed as wife of the president. So, we have long known this.

3. If the president's wife doesn't use the office, who should use it? You or your wife? Who please?

What should be of concern to patriotic citizens are the following:
1. That there is no budgetary allocation for the president's wife projects. Such should be financed through private sponsorship. We have so many corporate entities that can finance her projects in Nigeria. It is how it's done in developed countries.

2. The president's wife does not become involved in our governance such that she determines who becomes a governor or minister as was the case with PEJ.

3. The president's wife comport herself with high level of moral principle; not embarrassing us as PEJ was always found to do.

According to her, where such does not exist constitutionally, she will limit her roles to the traditional functions of visiting orphanages and caring for society’s downtrodden as the first lady.
“`When my husband is elected as the president of this country, he will rule the country within the rule of law based on the constitution of the country.
“If the office of the first lady is constitutionally recognised, he will not tamper with it, but if it is not that’s okay.
“For me, I will perform my duties and role as the wife of the President of Nigeria traditionally.
“Wives of presidents have some traditional roles, like receiving guests, visiting orphanages, helping the less privileged PEOPLE.
“They also lead in the fight for the right of women and malnourished children, infant mortality rate, kidnapping and girl-child trafficking,’’ she said.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/175541-will-operate-nigerias-first-lady-buharis-wife.html

The above were exact words of Aisha Buhari during campaign. Did she or her husband ever say she will not play any role?

If the answer is no, what are the issues then? As far as there is no budgetary allocations for her work, we should have nothing to worry about.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by palserltd: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmmmmm......we are watching with keen interest.

For your Aluminium & Glass systems (windows, doors, roofing, shower stalls, partitions, etc.) https://www.nairaland.com/2543305/best-aluminium-glass-services-work

Also earn N10,000 today by refering https://www.nairaland.com/2543314/refer-earn-extra-n10000-today
Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by wisdomguy4u(m): 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
All hail to the lying liars...
Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by themilanway(m): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
I think Buhari made a mistake when during the campaign he said there won't be office of the 1st lady.

If I were in Aisha's shoes,I will insist and demand I get the same priviledge and respect the other 1st ladies have been accorded with.

Let's face it,the presidency is a rare and hard priviledge to come by,no wonder Dame shared all kinds of rice just to remain in Aso Rock.

Buhari and his handlers should have kept mum over whether the 1st lady will get an office or not,who cares if she is accorded with 100 offices.

There are far more critical issues at the front burner that needs urgent attention and deliberation,except if GEJ is your"Hero" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
kITATITA:

Barca is this where you are hiding?
u mean barcanista? The most learned spokesman in ur PDP camp? grin

The same who said probe shld be after investigation?

Investigation first, probe later...lol

One wonders where the dichotomy lies.

For you info, barcanista is a dullard. Probe is figurative for investigation. Probe itself has other denotative meanings.

Radarada

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by PassingShot(m): 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
themilanway:
I think Buhari made a mistake when during the campaign he said there won't be office of the 1st lady.

If I were in Aisha's shoes,I will insist and demand I get the same priviledge and respect the other 1st ladies have been accorded with.

Let's face it,the presidency is a rare and hard priviledge to come by,no wonder Dame shared all kinds of rice just to remain in Aso Rock.

Buhari and his handlers should have kept mum over whether the 1st lady will get an office or not,who cares if she is accorded with 100 offices.

There are far more critical issues at the front burner that needs urgent attention and deliberation,except if GEJ is your"Hero" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

If you read Buhari very clearly, what he said was that there won't be office of the first lady such that it's seen as constitutional. And this was because of how Pepe turned herself into a demi god embarrassing the country. I will search for it and bring it here.

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by themilanway(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:

If you read Buhari very clearly, what he said was that there won't be office of the first lady such that it's seen as constitutional. And this was because of how Pepe turned herself into a demi god embarrassing the country. I will search for it and bring it here.

Never mind bro,my contribution to this thread is just for the fun of it.I don't care if the 1st lady gets an office or not,its not important.

There are far more critical things affecting the country negatively than an irrelevant talk about whether the 1st lady should have an office or not.

Hypocrisy is when GEJ fans by all means wants to hold Buhari accountable for every single word he spoke during the campaign,yet they ignorantly refused to ask GEJ to account for his 5yrs plus in office.

Rather some of us were told to vote"continuity".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by omenka(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
themilanway:

Never mind bro,my contribution to this thread is just for the fun of it.I don't care if the 1st lady gets an office or not,its not important.

There are far more critical things affecting the country negatively than an irrelevant talk about whether the 1st lady should have an office or not.

Hypocrisy is when GEJ fans by all means wants to hold Buhari accountable for every single word he spoke during the campaign,yet they ignorantly refused to ask GEJ to account for his 5yrs plus in office.

Rather some of us were told to vote"continuity".
Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by Abugab(m): 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
As wife of the president of Nigeria, Aisha will definitely be receiving state governors wives, local government chairmen's wives, women societies amongst others in pursuing matters that concerns women and mothers. How do we expect her to function here if she doesn't have an assistant and an operating office?
Wife of the president is more dignifying and that is fine. Presidents across the world no matter how prudent they are have wives who also coordinates other affairs as it pertains to the nation.
The difference here is that so much power and budgetary allocations won't be made like in the recent past.
Those who are screaming a total scrapping, will it be your wives who will be carrying out those basic functions of the wife of the president?
The office can run on financial donations when it has good initiatives that will impact on the down trodden and thus does not mean tax payers money will be used in paying the few staff she will need to work with. We have countless NGOs across Nigeria who get financial donors and sponsors aiding them to carry out their respective functions.
This is the wife of the president and thus getting good donors locally and internationally won't be an issue.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by chymystique(f): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
[size=14pt]Who doesnt know PMB is a Hypocrite and two-tongued Mr. Yeyegrity undecided... [/size]
Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by ERODEDEAST(f): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
Party of WANKING WANKERS
Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
wailin wailers wailing from April 2015 - May 2023

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by mrrock: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
Buhari and APC represent the most deceptive government Nigeria ever had. So far, nothing have been achieved by this administration. Everything about them is all propaganda, no real value added by them yet.
Re: General Buhari's Poor Response To A Nairaland Thread by 9ousky: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Let me oblige you a bit:

1. The president's wife can have aides paid for by tax payers money. It's not a crime and it's a common practice even when she doesn't take on any official functions. Remember the president got approval for fifteen aides. That there will be no public funds relates to not having budgetary allocations for the president's wife future projects.

Nowhere in the statements of Garba Shehu was the title "Office of Wife of the President" used. It was a deduction made by the paper. Nevertheless, long before now including during the election, it was asked many times how will the president's wife be addressed if not First Lady. The usual answer then was she should be addressed as wife of the president. So, we have long known this.

3. If the president's wife doesn't use the office, who should use it? You or your wife? Who please?

What should be of concern to patriotic citizens are the following:
1. That there is no budgetary allocation for the president's wife projects. Such should be financed through private sponsorship. We have so many corporate entities that can finance her projects in Nigeria. It is how it's done in developed countries.

2. The president's wife does not become involved in our governance such that she determines who becomes a governor or minister as was the case with PEJ.

3. The president's wife comport herself with high level of moral principle; not embarrassing us as PEJ was always found to do.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/175541-will-operate-nigerias-first-lady-buharis-wife.html

The above were exact words of Aisha Buhari during campaign. Did she or her husband ever say she will not play any role?

If the answer is no, what are the issues then? As far as there is no budgetary allocations for her work, we should have nothing to worry about.

Av once engaged the op on his previous thread on this issue. Then there was no official statement from Presidency about any offices because He was ascertaining without no proof that Mrs Aisha was already running the office, I also ask him the to give proof of others aids bn appointed for Mrs Aisha to run the office, I ask him to give me an evidence of any function undertaken by the so called office He claimed by Mrs Aisha, then I ask again is there any law against the wife of the President having an Assistant(s),Since the Appointment of SSA to Mrs Buhari does not bear any office whether office of the first lady or office of the wife of the President but strictly SSA to Mrs Buhari. Thank God there is official statement from the Presidency on it but the Op twisted it again and even says Buhari poor response to a nairaland thread.. Well I think the Op should be ashamed, what a poor topic to his thread and like before He still makes no sense.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fraud: N4 Billion Naira Agriculture Loan Tears Rivers APC Apart / The Bad State Of Agbado -Agege Road / GMB Has Impressed Us With This Singular Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.