Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust (33911 Views)

The Man Who Sat On The Tor Tiv’s Throne– Reuben Abati / Ibe Kachikwu Negotiates $15Billion Oil Deal In India / Ex-head Of State, Others Named In N1.09b Oil Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by noblegrex: 8:29am On Aug 23, 2015
Opolo eye,e no b open eye.if u've gone with d cash make u no die again.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by 4Play(m): 8:29am On Aug 23, 2015
The assertion by the Indian High Commissioner is that Nigeria will not sign a long term agreement for its purchase of oil from Nigeria. This is now spun to mean that Madueke was stealing all the money. But now that she is gone, Nigeria has not signed the agreement and does not seem to have any present plans to. Hence, the Indian's threat that India will take its imports from elsewhere if Nigeria fails to abide by its wishes.

It is not remarkable insight to state that Madueke was utterly corrupt. However, this news follows a tiresome pattern where news is spun, if not downright fabricated, to foster the impression that the previous regime has stolen all the wealth. It seems to have become a means of distraction and to prepare Nigerians for the inevitability of expectations not being met by the new regime by suggesting that the old regime stole all the money. The problem with this tactic is that if all these gargantuan amount has been stolen, what stops you from recovering it even if just a fraction of it? If anything, the sensationalism raises expectations as people would rightfully expect that if the GEJ regime stole say $60bn, the Buhari regime would be able to recover atleast 10% of that. The failure to recover sizeable amounts of money will prove to be awkward in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by otr1(m): 8:32am On Aug 23, 2015
I have a dream of building a multi-trillion dollar City on the large expanse of my ancestral land, I can't steal a kobo if that's all it takes to achieve that dream.
Sometimes I wonder how some people find it easy to steal. I mean, you're earning too much "judiciously" on account of occupying the office already. Why take more?

With 6years of Jonathan misrule, we've suffered 60years of setback.
I think looters should be killed for the crime in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:35am On Aug 23, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Everything good about this administration is a propaganda to idiotard saTANists like you. I just hope you understand before its too late.

Idiotard! I kill those that call CJ that name in GTA SA

lol

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Rilwayne001: 8:38am On Aug 23, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Idiotard! I kill those that call CJ that name in GTA SA
lol
Loool.. So you play GTA too?
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by socialmediaman: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Let's have the quantity of crude sold and what was less per OPEC Quota.

Let us have India's terms that were actually rejected.

Buying and selling is a bargain and the better offer takes the market. If intermediaries offer a better comprehensive deal then they have it but India's offer was comprehensive enough to beat intermediaries we need to see their terms to be judges.

It's as if your lips are stuttering trying to comprehend and find an explanation for the whole thing. You know what going through intermediaries mean, don't you? It means paying consultation fees on deals you could do directly. I'm not finding her guilty on this one though, I'd like to see her own explanation... Though we both know I don't think she's innocent.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Tbest20(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2015
Guy u make sense ooo
FOLYKAZE:

That you find it hard to accept your praise Lord is an authoritative thief does not mean you should bark at justice.

These people are stealing your future and that of your unborn children. These people are taking whats belong to the nation as their personal properties. They become demi-gods so that your parents, yourself and children will be bounded in poverty slavery. How much is your father's salary? Is he not doing a hardwork? But how much does he earn in a month? How much does Diezene who doesnt do a job harder than your mom does earn? They steal and steal everything and all you are expected to do is to cowardly bark at justice.

Look at the country and ask yourself what is working. If your father develop a stroke, he will dies because the hospitals around does not have any facilities to handle stroke while Diezena will fly out on air ambulance to spain for treatment. If your mother travel from the north to south in a public or private car, she will developed body pains because the road is too bad but you can defend a theiving person who fly around like bird in chartered Jet with out common wealth. Do you know what the standard of education is in India? They steal your money are send their wom children abroad while you lavish in annually striking varsity with poor facilities. Your Granny pension is stolen, he/she is left to die like a rat beating by the rain. Your parents were paid peanuts for working HARD while the Oga you support steals largese of their sweat. Your entitlements and benefits were stolen and all you can do is to shout around like a dog that lost it bone because Diezene is from your tribe.

Sorry for the son of the meat seller who fight over bone and praise those that steal the big flesh. It is a shame tribalism and bigotry has beclouded you.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by 4Play(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2015
socialmediaman:

It's as if your lips are stuttering trying to comprehend and find an explanation for the whole thing. You know what going through intermediaries mean, don't you? It means paying consultation fees on deals you could do directly. I'm not finding her guilty on this one though, I'd like to see her own explanation... Though we both know I don't think she's innocent.

I have a simple question for you partisan propagandists. You must have noticed that the High Commissioner was speaking in the present tense, why haven't we implemented the things he's requested like signing the agreement as I have noticed that Madueke is no longer in power?

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 23, 2015
TANoids keep defending her.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Jobyruz(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2015
Its the likes of this woman that confirm the saying''what a man can do,a woman can do better''if a man can do sometn bad, invariably,a woman can do it worst.an evil woman dat sleeps with a sack

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by saintandsinnerz: 8:47am On Aug 23, 2015
In as much as I'm not trying to exonerate anybody but I think the Indian high commissioner was trying to protect the interest of his country. There is always a two side to a story and everybody needs a fair hearing. Moreover the Indian high commissioner said this concession deal was stroke in 2006, and since then no previous administration has signed it. Then why are you people putting the balme on the woman? Why didnt anybody blame previous administrations for not signing the contract? In the entire article, I didnt see where the Indian high commissioner was complaining about the woman but rather was angry with Nigerian govt. for making them not to pay through NNPC and the failure of successive govt in signing the concession oil agreement with the indian company. Really, the headline of this article was craftly made just with the sole aim to demonize the woman. Talking about giving a dog any bad name just to hang him. This is justmy opinion and I'm not in anyway trying to defend anybody

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Joeoku78: 8:49am On Aug 23, 2015
Cutehector:
Buhari is silent abt probing dieziani
Buhari is not silent on Diezani be patient and very soon the govt will come out with surprising lists of those to face trial and Diezani will be number 1 on the list followed by Ngozi iweala. Just be patient and soon the war will start against corruption

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by dondaddycares(m): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2015
For God's sake,the Indian man said the deal has been pending for 9yrs meaning since 2006, why then did the op make it look like its all about Dizieni and by extension GEJ? The 25m dollars was paid in 2006 during Obj's tenure,not GEJ,try as much as you can to paint GEJ and everything he stands for bad,the man meanwhile is touring the world, living his life and enjoying his family while you are here looking for fault where non is. My opinion though
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by otr1(m): 8:52am On Aug 23, 2015
4Play:
The assertion by the Indian High Commissioner is that Nigeria will not sign a long term agreement for its purchase of oil from Nigeria. This is now spun to mean that Madueke was stealing all the money. But now that she is gone, Nigeria has not signed the agreement and does not seem to have any present plans to. Hence, the Indian's threat that India will take its imports from elsewhere if Nigeria fails to abide by its wishes.

It is not remarkable insight to state that Madueke was utterly corrupt. However, this news follows a tiresome pattern where news is spun, if not downright fabricated, to foster the impression that the previous regime has stolen all the wealth. It seems to have become a means of distraction and to prepare Nigerians for the inevitability of expectations not being met by the new regime by suggesting that the old regime stole all the money. The problem with this tactic is that if all these gargantuan amount has been stolen, what stops you from recovering it even if just a fraction of it? If anything, the sensationalism raises expectations as people would rightfully expect that if the GEJ regime stole say $60bn, the Buhari regime would be able to recover atleast 10% of that. The failure to recover sizeable amounts of money will prove to be awkward in the future.
Just shut up already!
You expect Bahari to fix 6years mess in less than 6 months?
You think it's easy to recover the already looted funds stacked in foreign accounts?
Or would you rather they keep mute about it, just because the news distracts you?
Past government must be exposed for the fraud it is, because Nigerians deserve to know. Anyone not satisfied with it can commit suicide.
If shitting on the seat you left behind won't deter the person coming to sit on it, I wonder what will.
The corrupt foundation of Jonathan/PDP government must be destroyed and a better one put in place.
If anyone is being distracted by this news, it's definitely the legion of wailers.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Joeoku78: 8:54am On Aug 23, 2015
bugzbunny:
Am really tired of all these talks If found wanting in a law court Kindly jail her.... Enough of all these noise Ñawa oo
Buhari is not silent on Diezani be patient and very soon the govt will come out with surprising lists of those to face trial and Diezani will be number 1 on the list followed by Ngozi iweala. Just be patient and soon the war will start against corruption
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by sweetgala(m): 8:58am On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:
Nonsense and cheap propaganda!

Very soon it will be:

Breaking news: Oil well discovered in Diezani's compound.

Cheap propaganda from the Indian Commission ! Did you loose your thinking cap at an owmabe party yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by sweetgala(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2015
Joeoku78:

Buhari is not silent on Diezani
be patient and very soon the
govt will come out with
surprising lists of those to face
trial and Diezani will be number
1 on the list followed by Ngozi iweala. Just be patient and soon
the war will start against
corruption

The thunder that would fire Dezaini is currently doing press up and training in preparation
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by willycrown: 9:03am On Aug 23, 2015
What I have been seeing on Nairaland of late is shameless display of ignorance and lack of dept. If you know anything about international oil market, you will know that Swaps are the most popular hedging instrument used by oil and gas producers to hedge their exposure to volatile oil and gas prices as hedging with swaps allows them to lock in or fix the price they receive for their oil and gas production.

By insisting on this mechanism, Diezani should be applauded rather than vilified.

I sincerely belief our educational systems need comprehensive overhaul. We are a country of "dafties". Shamefull!

FOLYKAZE:

That you find it hard to accept your praise Lord is an authoritative thief does not mean you should bark at justice.

These people are stealing your future and that of your unborn children. These people are taking whats belong to the nation as their personal properties. They become demi-gods so that your parents, yourself and children will be bounded in poverty slavery. How much is your father's salary? Is he not doing a hardwork? But how much does he earn in a month? How much does Diezene who doesnt do a job harder than your mom does earn? They steal and steal everything and all you are expected to do is to cowardly bark at justice.

Look at the country and ask yourself what is working. If your father develop a stroke, he will dies because the hospitals around does not have any facilities to handle stroke while Diezena will fly out on air ambulance to spain for treatment. If your mother travel from the north to south in a public or private car, she will developed body pains because the road is too bad but you can defend a theiving person who fly around like bird in chartered Jet with out common wealth. Do you know what the standard of education is in India? They steal your money are send their wom children abroad while you lavish in annually striking varsity with poor facilities. Your Granny pension is stolen, he/she is left to die like a rat beating by the rain. Your parents were paid peanuts for working HARD while the Oga you support steals largese of their sweat. Your entitlements and benefits were stolen and all you can do is to shout around like a dog that lost it bone because Diezene is from your tribe.

Sorry for the son of the meat seller who fight over bone and praise those that steal the big flesh. It is a shame tribalism and bigotry has beclouded you.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by arabianights: 9:03am On Aug 23, 2015
Libo45:
There r 2 sides to every story.

Exactly.......Besides Chinese,Indians and lebanese feel they are smarter than us,Hence their attitude to our people.
Any way,We shall wait for NNpc's response.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Jesusloveyou: 9:07am On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:
@LaDyF

Your mumu no be here.
So probing never start wey APC they make so much noise as if heaven wan fall.

Ahh, I pity gullible Nigerians
very soon, u wil say osho is lying that no US officials told him anything, now u also call this one propagadan, d sweet part of it, is that d truth is just coming out when probing has not even start,

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by olatiler(m): 9:11am On Aug 23, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Bro someone might commit suicide after reading this please next time don't say it all

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by otokx(m): 9:11am On Aug 23, 2015
arabianights:

Exactly.......Besides Chinese,Indians and lebanese feel they are smarter than us,Hence their attitude to our people.
Any way,We shall wait for NNpc's response.

There are at least 2 sides to every story.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by aariwa(m): 9:11am On Aug 23, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks a lot for the post.one of the best I have read since joining nairaland in 2011.hatred,ethnic,tribal and religious bigotry has made some people to prefer dieing in perpetual poverty than to see anything that will work for common good.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by 4Play(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2015
otr1:

Just shut up already!
You expect Bahari to fix 6years mess in less than 6 months?
You think it's easy to recover the already looted funds stacked in foreign accounts?
Or would you rather they keep mute about it, just because the news distracts you?
Past government must be exposed for the fraud it is, because Nigerians deserve to know. Anyone not satisfied with it can commit suicide.
If shitting on the seat you left behind won't deter the person coming to sit on it, I wonder what will.
The corrupt foundation of Jonathan/PDP government must be destroyed and a better one put in place.
If anyone is being distracted by this news, it's definitely the legion of wailers.

Ah, the expected emotionally incontinent outburst. Your post does not seem to address the substance of my post. My view is that the scale of looting under GEJ has been exaggerated and that this will become apparent to Nigerians in future because the alleged loot will not be recovered to any sizeable degree. There is nothing in my post that claims that recovering loot is easy and should all be accomplished already.

This thread epitomises the exaggeration of corruption under GEJ's regime. If the failure to sign the oil agreement with India is an unconsionable symptom of corruption, why is the agreement unsigned as we speak? How many months does it take to sign this agreeement, the absence of which it is suggested amounts to condoning or perpetrating corruption?
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by warrior01: 9:13am On Aug 23, 2015
4Play:

I have a simple question for you partisan propagandists. You must have noticed that the High Commissioner was speaking in the present tense, why haven't we implemented the things he's requested like signing the agreement as I have noticed that Madueke is no longer in power?

God bless you. Wanted to ask same question? Since mrs Madueke is no longer the oil minister, what stops Buhari from signing the same agreement if it is really beneficial to Nigeria's interest. Fools abound everywhere especially on nairaland
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Jesusloveyou: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2015
4Play:

did anybody tell u, d money wil not be recover? Even d blind can see d corruption pattern of gej govt,

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by arabianights: 9:15am On Aug 23, 2015
otokx:

There are at least 2 sides to every story.

Like i stated, we shall wait for NNPC's response.SInce the indian high commissioner has publicly accused them of not honoring the agreement signed and not refunding the money as well,Am sure a response will be given
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by sevule(m): 9:18am On Aug 23, 2015
saintandsinnerz:
In as much as I'm not trying to exonerate anybody but I think the Indian high commissioner was trying to protect the interest of his country. There is always a two side to a story and everybody needs a fair hearing. Moreover the Indian high commissioner said this concession deal was stroke in 2006, and since then no previous administration has signed it. Then why are you people putting the balme on the woman? Why didnt anybody blame previous administrations for not signing the contract? In the entire article, I didnt see where the Indian high commissioner was complaining about the woman but rather was angry with Nigerian govt. for making them not to pay through NNPC and the failure of successive govt in signing the concession oil agreement with the indian company. Really, the headline of this article was craftly made just with the sole aim to demonize the woman. Talking about giving a dog any bad name just to hang him. This is justmy opinion and I'm not in anyway trying to defend anybody

There are 2 things here
1. A concession deal was signed with India because they buy a lot of crude from us.
2. The NNPC sells oil through intermediaries to India

While we may exonerate the last administration on account of the concession deal, they are wholly to blame for buying oil through intermediaries. You need to read the damning interview again! The Indian high commissioner said that Nigeria is the ONLY country in the world that sells oil through intermediaries! Take note of the word ONLY.

This was obviously done to ensure that the third party agents get illegal fees on EVERY barrel of crude oil Nigeria sells! And if you go back further enough, you would discover that these third party agents are linked to the Minister and corrupt government officials. Diezani obviously didn't want this corrupt practice to stop for 2 reasons

1. The NNPC does NOT want the funds that accrue from the sale of crude oil to be deposited directly with the CBN. They want to be in a position to say how much was received and also decide when and how much of the money they would eventually remit to the Federation
account. Obviously they can quote a much lower figure than was actually received and they can also gain interest by holding on to the funds.

2. The illegal and corrupt kickbacks that the third party agents would receive from the sale of crude oil would obviously find its way back to the Minister, her cohorts and other influential government officials.

I have always said that the NNPC is a CESSPIT of CORRUPTION and this interview obviously proves it. Hopefully the new MD is able to restructure it, nut it would definitely NOT be an easy task. I think it is also high time that the NNPC is privatized.

4 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by 4Play(m): 9:24am On Aug 23, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
did anybody tell u, d money wil not be recover? Even d blind can see d corruption pattern of gej govt,

I am confident that the amount of money to be recovered will be so small that it will disprove some of the sums often trotted out as stolen such as the $20bn alleged to be missing over an 18 month period.

Take that $20bn claim for instance, as that is the most well known of all the allegations. Remember that GEJ was not in power for just 18 months but for at least 60 months. If we extrapolate from the $20bn, we will get at least $60bn stolen over the 5 years he was in power. Buhari will not recover even a tenth of that figure for the simple reason that nothing of that scale was actually stolen.

If the amounts being floated about were stolen and Buhari was keen to recover it, the entrance of Buhari into power would see a large flow of foreign exchange back into Nigeria. I am absolutely confident this will not happen.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Jesusloveyou: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2015
warrior01:

God bless you. Wanted to ask same question? Since mrs Madueke is no longer the oil minister, what stops Buhari from signing the same agreement if it is really beneficial to Nigeria's interest. Fools abound everywhere especially on nairaland
u mean, PMB should just sign what he has not see, is like u and 4play did not read d report, d high commissioner said they don't want to do business with intermediaries, that they would have sign $50b worth of crude oil, but because of corruption, that d money suppose to be paid directly to govt, d agreement can now be renewed when minister comes in,

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by azzima(m): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2015
Now whom can the WAILERS blame this time Not APC, Not Buhari,Not Tinubu,Not Yoruba ,Not Oshiomole but this is coming STRAIGHT from the High Commissioner of India. These looters must not go unpunished!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: Shehu Sani Reacts To Buhari’s Intention To Run / Saraki Has Game Plan By Not Defecting – Sagay / Atewe Gave N35m To Winners’ Chapel – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.