Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust (33885 Views)

The Man Who Sat On The Tor Tiv’s Throne– Reuben Abati / Ibe Kachikwu Negotiates $15Billion Oil Deal In India / Ex-head Of State, Others Named In N1.09b Oil Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by philips70(m): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
socialmediaman:

It's as if your lips are stuttering trying to comprehend and find an explanation for the whole thing. You know what going through intermediaries mean, don't you? It means paying consultation fees on deals you could do directly. I'm not finding her guilty on this one though, I'd like to see her own explanation... Though we both know I don't think she's innocent.

I have continued to ask the veracity of the so called signature bonus and what the beneficiary does to get such huge amounts no one has been able to afford a good explanation. What exactly are the roles of oil blocks owners that NNPC cannot perform? What kind of a country is this for Christ sake? How can a few privileged ones be enjoying without lifting a finger while the majority who toil day and night continue to wallop in abject poverty? Jonathan, a man from the Niger Delta who's supposed to correct this anomaly spent 5yrs enriching the same crooks and befriending all looters to the detriment of the ordinary masses of the region that bears the brunt.
How and why the many people who still support him do that still baffles me. Left alone to me Jonathan should be tied to a stake and flogged daily in the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by nateevs(m): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Are you in Sales and marketing? Have you spent sleepless nights to achieve a target?

Crude Oil market goes beyond buying and selling.

It also involves high level politics and so many large multinational corporations are also involved in lobbing for commission.

We need comprehensive details beyond politics to ascertain what informed the choice of an agent over direct dealings.

You are regurgitating the same crap. Sorry, are Nigerians the only humans in Sales and Marketing?
"Crude Oil goes beyond buying and selling" but has this "art" only been discovered in Nigeria?
So "high level politics" seems absent in all other countries that sell Crude Oil.

I am not in Sales and Marketing but I have common sense. So I didn't miss the part where the Commissioner states that Nigeria is the ONLY country in the world where this fraudulent methods apply. I also took some time to reflect back on Gbawe's link showing how Ribadu had identified this problem and advised solutions.

So I ask you again. How does it obtain in other countries? And what exactly are you defending?

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
IzonOwei:
you didnt have to abuse my brother deapreye..while I speak for myself it isnt right you use abusive words on him...

My able brother, good afternoon. I saw the comment but wasn't bothered in the least. I've stopped playing to the gallery bro. I can't choose what others throw at me; I can only choose how to respond.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
nateevs:

You are regurgitating the same crap. Sorry, are Nigerians the only humans in Sales and Marketing?
"Crude Oil goes beyond buying and selling" but has this "art" only been discovered in Nigeria?
So "high level politics" seems absent in all other countries that sell Crude Oil.

I am not in Sales and Marketing but I have common sense. So I didn't miss the part where the Commissioner states that Nigeria is the ONLY country in the world where this fraudulent methods apply. I also took some time to reflect back on Gbawe's link showing how Ribadu had identified this problem and advised solutions.

So I ask you again. How does it obtain in other countries? And what exactly are you defending?

This article may help you think toward my line of argument

Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers

• India asks for 90-day credit line
•Oil price crash claims first US LNG casualty

Alike Ejiofor with agency report

Almost half of Nigeria’s cargoes due to be exported in January are still available, Reuters has reported, even as oil prices reach the $50s trough, almost $10 below Nigeria’s benchmark price.

The backlog has pushed Nigerian oil differentials versus Brent to their lowest since at least 2009 BFO-QUA at 65 cents a barrel, down 80 per cent since May, said Reuters. And it is also creating a discount frenzy between African and Gulf oil producers to Asian buyers.

Asia has become a hotspot for a price war between African and Gulf oil producers who, hobbled by bulging global supplies and waning demand, are offering steep discounts to defend their market share in the world’s top net crude buying region.

The competition is welcome news for Asian buyers. If oil stays near $60 per barrel, import costs for the world’s second biggest oil consumer, China, would drop to under $125 billion a year, versus $222 billion in 2013 when crude averaged $110.

But for producers, it means more competition, and African sellers like Nigeria and Angola, faced with precarious finances due to plummeting oil prices, are struggling to make inroads into Asia, a Middle Eastern stronghold.

Owing to the frantic competition for Asian buyers, India, THISDAY learnt, has taken the unusual step of asking Nigeria to offer it a 90-day credit line if it must continue to buy her crude oil.

With the loss of the US market earlier this year, India has replaced it as Nigeria’s biggest buyer of the country’s light crude grade.

“There is competition between West African and Middle East suppliers for the Asian markets, but the Middle East suppliers have the cost advantage,” said Philip Andrews-Speed, head of Energy Security Division at the National University of Singapore. The city-state is a major oil trading hub in Asia.

Low operating costs in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the Emirates already allow these countries to offer hefty discounts.

Now, a more than 50 per cent jump in freight rates between West Africa and China since September is adding to the relative advantage of Middle Eastern grades, which require shorter shipping distances to Asia. This has been a big setback for West African producers.

West African exports got a brief boost in August when Brent’s premium to Middle East crude DUB-EFS-1M narrowed to less than $2 per barrel from almost $5 in June. But with Middle Eastern producers now offering even more competitive prices, the advantage has faded.

“A year ago, a $2 premium would have been attractive, but in today’s environment it’s different,” a trader dealing with West African crude said.

West African producers traditionally sold most of their oil to North America and Europe, but exports dwindled given a gusher of shale oil from the United States and higher output from nations outside the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

West African crude exports to Asia rose more than 4 per cent between January and December, Reuters data has shown. China accounted for most of the rise as it took advantage of low prices to build up oil reserves.

But the higher West African arrivals into Asia were mainly due to sales before October, and have dropped since then due to Middle East discounts.

Middle East producers continue to dominate the Asian oil market, with Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Kuwait all increasing shipments to the region since 2012.

The Middle East accounts for around half of China’s imports and Africa has a 25 per cent share.

With pricing an advantage for Gulf producers, one hope for West Africa is China’s drive for diversification in order to avoid over-reliance on Middle Eastern oil, JBC Energy said.

But analysts are sceptical about the sustainability of steep discounts, as producers need higher prices to finance their budgets.

“Governments that underpin their budgets with oil or metals have seen currency values plummet, reserves erode or current account deficits rise… Regimes built on oil wealth will come under pressure,” risk consultancy and insurance brokerage JLT Group said in its 2015 outlook.

Meanwhile, Excelerate Energy’s Texan liquefied natural gas terminal plan has become the first victim of the oil price slump threatening the economics of US LNG export projects.

A halving in the oil price since June has upended assumptions by developers that cheap US LNG would muscle into high-value Asian energy markets, which relied on oil prices staying high to make the US supply affordable.

The floating 8 million tonne per annum (mtpa) export plant moored at Lavaca Bay, Texas advanced by Houston-based Excelerate has been put on hold, according to regulatory filings obtained by Reuters.

The project was initially due to begin exports in 2018.

Excelerate’s move bodes ill for 13 other US LNG projects, which have also not signed up enough international buyers, to reach a final investment decision (FID). Only Cheniere’s Sabine Pass and Sempra’s Cameron LNG projects have hit that milestone.

Back when LNG and crude oil prices were riding high in February, Excelerate, founded by Oklahoma billionaire George Kaiser, applied for permits to build the facility.

Eleven months on, its submission to the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on December 23 said that uncertainty generated by a steep decrease in oil prices has forced it to conduct a “strategic reconsideration of the economic value of the project” and to suspend all activities until April 1, 2015.

“Due to the recent global market conditions, the company has determined that, at this time, this project no longer meets the financial criteria necessary in order for us to move forward with the capital investment,” a company spokesman told Reuters.

Stiff economic headwinds are making new developments tough going.
Prices that LNG projects can charge for long-term supply are falling from historic highs as new producers crowd the market, which is already oversupplied due to slowing demand and rising output that has seen spot Asian LNG prices halve this year.

At the same time, major consumers from Japan to South Korea and China are seeking to offload some of their long-term LNG supply commitments, contributing to the glut.

Excelerate Energy will update the regulator on the status of Lavaca Bay in April, 2015, according to the filing.

The export plant operates under a tolling model, whereby the developer sells liquefaction capacity to LNG consumers who then must arrange for shipping to transport the fuel.

Typically, companies seek to lock-in buyers for around 85 per cent of a project’s capacity before reaching an investment decision.

Excelerate hints in the filing that lacklustre demand for capacity was behind the suspension, saying that only “renewed interest of potential counterparties” could get it moving again.

Even before the oil price slide, US LNG projects were struggling to sign up the big Asian buyers needed to underpin multi-billion dollar investments, resorting finally to tapping vestiges of demand left in Europe.

Seen in the light of plus-$100 a barrel oil, projects to liquefy and export US gas by ship promised major cost savings to Asian buyers reliant on costly oil-linked gas supplied by Australia and Qatar, which generated huge demand.

The advantage of US export plants was that the LNG costs would reflect local benchmark Henry Hub gas prices, currently trading around $4 per million British thermal units (mmBtu), plus shipping and liquefaction costs.

“The oil price plunge makes US LNG with prices linked to Henry Hub potentially uncompetitive with LNG from other sources especially those using an oil price linkage,” independent consultant Andy Flower said.

Prior to the oil price crash, the US discount to rival Brent-linked LNG supply from Qatar and Australia was around $8-$9 per mmBtu. Now those supplies represent a cost saving over US projects.

“With US LNG no longer looking to be the cheap LNG that off-takers have been seeking, finding companies prepared to commit to tolling fees for 20 years has become more challenging,” Flower said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-struggles-to-sell-oil-cargoes-offers-discounts-to-asian-buyers/198070

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Gbawe: 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
For the pedantic and revisionist posters trying to divert focus from the real issue, by attacking the Indian commissioner, tell us the difference between what the Indian high commissioner says below and what Ribadu passed on to GEJ as official recommendations when he submitted his petroleum task force report. The bottom line, and one of the major problem, is the deliberate use of traders when Nigeria should be paid directly as is the case for every single major supplier of crude in the world.

Indian high commissioner;
Speaking in an interview with Daily Trust on Saturday at the weekend, the High Commissioner stated that Nigeria is the only country who uses intermediaries in its oil deals with India, saying, “From other countries, when we buy oil, whatever we want to pay, we pay to the Ministry of Finance of that country. In Nigeria, we pay to intermediaries. We would like to be dealing directly with the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Ribadu:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/24/us-nigeria-oil-idUSBRE89N0VV20121024

Business News | Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:35am EDT
Exclusive: Nigeria loses billions in cut price oil deals - report
ABUJA | BY JOE BROCK

REUTERS/AKINTUNDE AKINLEYE
Nigeria lost out on tens of billions of dollars in oil and gas revenues over the last decade from cut price deals struck between multinational oil companies and government officials, a confidential report seen by Reuters says.

A team headed by the former head of the anti-corruption agency Nuhu Ribadu produced the 146-page study on an oil ministry request. It covers the year 2002 to the present.

Nigeria is Africa's largest crude oil exporter, shipping more than 2 million barrels per day (bpd), and is also home to the world's ninth biggest gas reserves and one of its largest Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) export terminals.

The report provides new details on Nigeria's long history of corruption in the oil sector, which has enriched its elite and provided the oil majors with hefty profits while two thirds of people live in poverty.

Oil Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke told Reuters on Tuesday she had received the report last month but that it was a draft and the government was still supposed to give input. The one seen by Reuters was labeled "Final Report."

The report concluded that oil majors Shell, Total and Eni made bumper profits from cut-price gas, while Nigerian oil ministers handed out licenses at their own discretion. This, while not illegal, did not follow best practice of using open bids. Hundreds of millions of dollars in signature bonuses on those deals were also missing, it said.

"We have not seen this report and are, therefore, unable to comment on the content, but we will study it if and when it is published," a Shell spokesman said.

The report alleges international oil traders sometimes buy crude without any formal contracts, and the state oil firm had short-changed the Nigerian treasury billions over the last 10 years by selling crude oil and gas to itself below market rates.

There was no suggestion that the oil majors or traders had done anything illegal, but the report highlighted a lack of transparency in their dealings in a nation rife with graft.

"It is a draft," Alison-Madueke said. "There will be some areas where the government ... may have a slightly different opinion ... (and) will put its point of view to the committee."

She said she expects the final report to be with President Goodluck Jonathan within two weeks.

MISSING BILLIONS

Ribadu's probe was among several set up following a week of nationwide strikes against a rise in fuel prices in January, which morphed into a campaign against oil corruption.

Billions of dollars of revenue was missing in unpaid debts from signature bonuses and royalties, the report found.

Nigeria LNG, a company jointly owned by the NNPC, Shell, Total and Eni had paid the country for gas at cut-down prices before exporting it to international markets, the report said.

Total and Eni declined to comment because they invest in but do not operate Nigeria LNG, the role played by Shell.

"The estimated cumulative of the deficit between value obtainable on the international market and what is currently being obtained from NLNG, over the 10 year period, amounts to approximately $29 billion," the report said.

It also said foreign oil firms had outstanding debts.

Addax, now a unit of China's state-owned Sinopec, owes Nigeria $1.5 billion in unpaid royalties, part of a $3 billion black hole of unpaid bonuses and royalties owed by oil firms.

Addax did not respond to requests for comment, but the report noted it disputes owing the signature bonuses.

Shell owes Nigeria's government 137.57 billion naira ($874 million) for gas sold from its Bonga deep offshore field, the report said, while oil majors owed $58 million between them for gas flaring penalties. They were also not adhering to newer higher fines.

[size=14pt]The probe also said Nigeria was the only nation to sell all its crude through international oil traders rather than directly to refineries, adding that such trades were often opaque.
[/size]
INFORMAL TRADING

It said some international oil traders who were not "on the approved master list of customers" had been sold crude oil "without a formal contract" so little could be obtained about the details of these deals, which can be worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

"This logically will serve to reduce margins obtainable on sale of crude oil," the report said.

But Alison-Madueke disputed this, saying there are no informal contracts and there is "an official tender put out every year", which can be seen by the public in newspapers.

The state oil firm gets an allocation of 445,000 bpd of crude oil to refine locally but it has been selling itself this oil at cut-down prices, a practice which cost Nigeria $5 billion in potential revenue between 2002-2011, the report said.

"NNPC buys at international rates," Alison-Madueke retorted.

The report said the NNPC made 86.6 billion naira over the 10-year period by using overly generous exchange rates in its declarations to the government. There was no sign of the money.

Nigerian oil ministers between 2008-2011 handed out seven discretionary licenses but there is $183 million in signature bonuses missing from the deals, the report said. Three of these oil licenses were awarded since Alison-Madueke took up her position in 2010, according to the report.

"I have not given any discretionary awards during this administration," Alison-Madueke told Reuters, although she added that the president had the right to do so instead of using bids if he saw fit. "That is entirely up to him," she said.

Among the report's recommendations were that parts of NNPC be reorganized or scrapped, an independent review of the use of traders be set up and a transparency law be passed requiring oil companies to disclose all payments made to Nigeria.

U.S. regulators put new rules in place in August that will require U.S.-listed oil and gas companies to disclose payments they make to foreign governments like Nigeria.

(Additional reporting by Muriel Boselli in Paris, Stephen Jewkes in Milan and Emma Farge in Geneva; editing by Tim Cocks and James Jukwey)

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2015

• India asks for 90-day credit line
•Oil price crash claims first US LNG casualty

Alike Ejiofor with agency report

Almost half of Nigeria’s cargoes due to be exported in January are still available, Reuters has reported, even as oil prices reach the $50s trough, almost $10 below Nigeria’s benchmark price.

The backlog has pushed Nigerian oil differentials versus Brent to their lowest since at least 2009 BFO-QUA at 65 cents a barrel, down 80 per cent since May, said Reuters. And it is also creating a discount frenzy between African and Gulf oil producers to Asian buyers.

Asia has become a hotspot for a price war between African and Gulf oil producers who, hobbled by bulging global supplies and waning demand, are offering steep discounts to defend their market share in the world’s top net crude buying region.

The competition is welcome news for Asian buyers. If oil stays near $60 per barrel, import costs for the world’s second biggest oil consumer, China, would drop to under $125 billion a year, versus $222 billion in 2013 when crude averaged $110.

But for producers, it means more competition, and African sellers like Nigeria and Angola, faced with precarious finances due to plummeting oil prices, are struggling to make inroads into Asia, a Middle Eastern stronghold.

Owing to the frantic competition for Asian buyers, India, THISDAY learnt, has taken the unusual step of asking Nigeria to offer it a 90-day credit line if it must continue to buy her crude oil.

With the loss of the US market earlier this year, India has replaced it as Nigeria’s biggest buyer of the country’s light crude grade.

“There is competition between West African and Middle East suppliers for the Asian markets, but the Middle East suppliers have the cost advantage,” said Philip Andrews-Speed, head of Energy Security Division at the National University of Singapore. The city-state is a major oil trading hub in Asia.

Low operating costs in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the Emirates already allow these countries to offer hefty discounts.

Now, a more than 50 per cent jump in freight rates between West Africa and China since September is adding to the relative advantage of Middle Eastern grades, which require shorter shipping distances to Asia. This has been a big setback for West African producers.

West African exports got a brief boost in August when Brent’s premium to Middle East crude DUB-EFS-1M narrowed to less than $2 per barrel from almost $5 in June. But with Middle Eastern producers now offering even more competitive prices, the advantage has faded.

“A year ago, a $2 premium would have been attractive, but in today’s environment it’s different,” a trader dealing with West African crude said.

West African producers traditionally sold most of their oil to North America and Europe, but exports dwindled given a gusher of shale oil from the United States and higher output from nations outside the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

West African crude exports to Asia rose more than 4 per cent between January and December, Reuters data has shown. China accounted for most of the rise as it took advantage of low prices to build up oil reserves.

But the higher West African arrivals into Asia were mainly due to sales before October, and have dropped since then due to Middle East discounts.

Middle East producers continue to dominate the Asian oil market, with Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Kuwait all increasing shipments to the region since 2012.

The Middle East accounts for around half of China’s imports and Africa has a 25 per cent share.

With pricing an advantage for Gulf producers, one hope for West Africa is China’s drive for diversification in order to avoid over-reliance on Middle Eastern oil, JBC Energy said.

But analysts are sceptical about the sustainability of steep discounts, as producers need higher prices to finance their budgets.

“Governments that underpin their budgets with oil or metals have seen currency values plummet, reserves erode or current account deficits rise… Regimes built on oil wealth will come under pressure,” risk consultancy and insurance brokerage JLT Group said in its 2015 outlook.

Meanwhile, Excelerate Energy’s Texan liquefied natural gas terminal plan has become the first victim of the oil price slump threatening the economics of US LNG export projects.

A halving in the oil price since June has upended assumptions by developers that cheap US LNG would muscle into high-value Asian energy markets, which relied on oil prices staying high to make the US supply affordable.

The floating 8 million tonne per annum (mtpa) export plant moored at Lavaca Bay, Texas advanced by Houston-based Excelerate has been put on hold, according to regulatory filings obtained by Reuters.

The project was initially due to begin exports in 2018.

Excelerate’s move bodes ill for 13 other US LNG projects, which have also not signed up enough international buyers, to reach a final investment decision (FID). Only Cheniere’s Sabine Pass and Sempra’s Cameron LNG projects have hit that milestone.

Back when LNG and crude oil prices were riding high in February, Excelerate, founded by Oklahoma billionaire George Kaiser, applied for permits to build the facility.

Eleven months on, its submission to the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on December 23 said that uncertainty generated by a steep decrease in oil prices has forced it to conduct a “strategic reconsideration of the economic value of the project” and to suspend all activities until April 1, 2015.

“Due to the recent global market conditions, the company has determined that, at this time, this project no longer meets the financial criteria necessary in order for us to move forward with the capital investment,” a company spokesman told Reuters.

Stiff economic headwinds are making new developments tough going.
Prices that LNG projects can charge for long-term supply are falling from historic highs as new producers crowd the market, which is already oversupplied due to slowing demand and rising output that has seen spot Asian LNG prices halve this year.

At the same time, major consumers from Japan to South Korea and China are seeking to offload some of their long-term LNG supply commitments, contributing to the glut.

Excelerate Energy will update the regulator on the status of Lavaca Bay in April, 2015, according to the filing.

The export plant operates under a tolling model, whereby the developer sells liquefaction capacity to LNG consumers who then must arrange for shipping to transport the fuel.

Typically, companies seek to lock-in buyers for around 85 per cent of a project’s capacity before reaching an investment decision.

Excelerate hints in the filing that lacklustre demand for capacity was behind the suspension, saying that only “renewed interest of potential counterparties” could get it moving again.

Even before the oil price slide, US LNG projects were struggling to sign up the big Asian buyers needed to underpin multi-billion dollar investments, resorting finally to tapping vestiges of demand left in Europe.

Seen in the light of plus-$100 a barrel oil, projects to liquefy and export US gas by ship promised major cost savings to Asian buyers reliant on costly oil-linked gas supplied by Australia and Qatar, which generated huge demand.

The advantage of US export plants was that the LNG costs would reflect local benchmark Henry Hub gas prices, currently trading around $4 per million British thermal units (mmBtu), plus shipping and liquefaction costs.

“The oil price plunge makes US LNG with prices linked to Henry Hub potentially uncompetitive with LNG from other sources especially those using an oil price linkage,” independent consultant Andy Flower said.

Prior to the oil price crash, the US discount to rival Brent-linked LNG supply from Qatar and Australia was around $8-$9 per mmBtu. Now those supplies represent a cost saving over US projects.

“With US LNG no longer looking to be the cheap LNG that off-takers have been seeking, finding companies prepared to commit to tolling fees for 20 years has become more challenging,” Flower said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-struggles-to-sell-oil-cargoes-offers-discounts-to-asian-buyers/198070

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
India wants Nigeria to give them three months before initial payment which Nigeria may not be able to afford.

We are running a deficit budget and someone who have no details about how Nigeria runs the economy becomes chief Economist and start criticizing a decision that may have been evaluated against all odds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Gbawe: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
nateevs:

bruv long time. it is always easy for honest and upright people to see and admit the truth. Dishonest and prejudiced folks will attempt to hide behind all manners of pseudo-intellectual pontifications and half-truths in an attempt to deceive others. What on earth has the Indian commissioner revealed that Ribadu had not extensively spoken against and recommended solutions for? Some people take the defence of their ethnic/religious affiliates too far and even beyond the limits of decency and common sense. What has the Indian commissioner said that is different to what Ribadu insisted Nigeria should do away with, as part of the recommendations of his Petroleum task force work, below only for GEJ to bin the report? Shebi we no sabi book but I think it is clear that some folks are just shamelessly dishonest and are only capable of making themselves look clueless with their 'dodgy' defence of what should not be defended.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ribadu-report-uncovers-sleaze-in-oil-and-gas-sector/128633/

Ribadu Report Uncovers Sleaze in Oil and Gas Sector

25 Oct 2012

The report also revealed that Nigeria was the only nation to sell all its crude through international oil traders rather than directly to refineries, adding that such trades were often opaque.

It said some international oil traders who were not “on the approved master list of customers” had been sold crude oil “without a formal contract” so little could be obtained about the details of these deals, which can be worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by 4Play(m): 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
otr1:

Prove that Buhari knows about the agreement before now and I'll agree with you. Or isn't that what you think?
Failure to sign an agreement by the immediate past government (an agreement most certainly not known yet to Buhari prior to the notice) is now Buhari's fault.
You definitely think Buhari sees the paper on his table every morning, ain't it?
Have you confirmed that the papers are even anywhere to be found as we speak?

You are getting desperate. I am sure that you cannot prove that GEJ knew about the agreement either but I doubt you will find that exculpatory of him. To me the president's knowledge or ignorance is somewhat of a red herring in any case. If presidents are unaware of matters of vital national interest such as how the sale of oil to the country's biggest customer is conducted, then it is a damning indictment of their capability as president. For a president to have to rely on news stories on Nairaland and Daily Trust to inform himself on such matters suggests that neither he nor his advisers have got a good grasp of policy detail.

Now can you tell us the volume of savings and debt inherited by Jonathan and what he left behind?

Explain why Jonathan was borrowing to pay salaries and I'll tell you why Buhari had to borrow?

As we speak, the government is struggling with the available resources owing to Jonathan's mismanagement.

You made a wholly false assertion about GEJ inheriting virtually no debt and are now cravenly trying to slither away from your dishonesty. GEJ inherited a large debt, he added substantially to it and Buhari has continued in the same vein in his brief tenure by adding substantial amounts to the FG's debt load.

I always laugh at those who say the present Govt is struggling today because of the past Govt. GEJ has not taken the oil wells with him back to Otueke. If you believed the outlandish claims about ginormous amounts of money being stolen by GEJ and his cronies, it would follow that once GEJ left power, those oil revenues which previously were stolen would no longer be stolen. If you have any brain cells, you would recognise that this is entirely separate from the matter of already looted amounts. In a counterfactual world in which the looted amounts were not looted in the first place, it wouldn't make any difference to the FG's day to day revenues and expenditures. If you believe that $20bn was stolen in an 18 month period, you have to believe that such amount, once we discount the fall in oil price, would now accrue to the FG. Instead, we see the FG continue to borrow like nothing has changed. The coming years will provide a harsh dose of reality for you gullible Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by bugzbunny: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
ddippset:
is it the government talking or the Indian commissioner? Or is it the Indian commissioner that should send her to jail? Or is it that nobody has a right to talk again in this country? If they send them to jail now without talking and letting the public know their offenses you will call it witch hunting.! Why are you so stup1d?

Fool... U are the stupid one.
Even though I said when a law court find her guilty.. She should b jailed but a useless bigot like u won't see dat.. Ode
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by LadyExcellency: 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
India wants Nigeria to give them three months before initial payment which Nigeria may not be able to afford.

We are running a deficit budget and someone who have no details about how Nigeria runs the economy becomes chief Economist and start criticizing a decision that may have been evaluated against all odds.

Why was this information removed from the article?

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Lushore1: 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
4Play:

You are getting desperate. I am sure that you cannot prove that GEJ knew about the agreement either but I doubt you will find that exculpatory of him. To me the president's knowledge or ignorance is somewhat of a red herring in any case. If presidents are unaware of matters of vital national interest such as how the sale of oil to the country's biggest customer is conducted, then it is a damning indictment of their capability as president. For a president to have to rely on news stories on Nairaland and Daily Trust to inform himself on such matters suggests that neither he nor his advisers have got a good grasp of policy detail.

You made a wholly false assertion about GEJ inheriting virtually no debt and are now cravenly trying to slither away from your dishonesty. GEJ inherited a large debt, he added substantially to it and Buhari has continued in the same vein in his brief tenure by adding substantial amounts to the FG's debt load.

I always laugh at those who say the present Govt is struggling today because of the past Govt. GEJ has not taken the oil wells with him back to Otueke. If you believed the outlandish claims about ginormous amounts of money being stolen by GEJ and his cronies, it would follow that once GEJ left power, those oil revenues which previously were stolen would no longer be stolen. If you have any brain cells, you would recognise that this is entirely separate from the matter of already looted amounts. In a counterfactual world in which the looted amounts were not looted in the first place, it wouldn't make any difference to the FG's day to day revenues and expenditures. If you believe that $20bn was stolen in an 18 month period, you have to believe that such amount, once we discount the fall in oil price, would now accrue to the FG. Instead, we see the FG continue to borrow like nothing has changed. The coming years will provide a harsh dose of reality for you gullible Nigerians.

Im sure you know how much oil price was when Gej was in power compare to now.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
LadyExcellency:

Why was this information removed from the article?

Don't mind the lairs and propagandists.

Truth + Error = Terror

Half truth can't stand thorough scrutiny. The major component of the truth is often hidden to favour the narrator's side of the story.

The Indian high commissioner needs to be cross examined.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by 4Play(m): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lushore1:

Im sure you know how much oil price was when Gej was in power compare to now.

Hence my assertion:
If you believe that $20bn was stolen in an 18 month period, you have to believe that such amount, once we discount the fall in oil price, would now accrue to the FG.

GEJ left power in May 2015 and presided over almost a year of low oil prices. If he was stealing as much money as claimed, you would have expected to see a massive jump in revenues, and the attendant reduction in FG debt expansion, from June 2015. There is very little evidence of that and instead we seem to have continued on our borrowing spree.

It is not a defence of GEJ's regime: it was a very corrupt and inept regime. It's a refutation of the popular notion in Nigeria that our problem is primarily a corruption problem when it is far worse than that. Nigeria was messed up in 1998, before the PDP era, when minimum wage was 540 Naira per month or $6 per month at the parallel market's exchange rate. No amount of wishful thinking or sensationalist news articles such as this which attempts to reduce every problem to "blame Jonathan" will change that.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
4Play:
The assertion by the Indian High Commissioner is that Nigeria will not sign a long term agreement for its purchase of oil from Nigeria. This is now spun to mean that Madueke was stealing all the money. But now that she is gone, Nigeria has not signed the agreement and does not seem to have any present plans to. Hence, the Indian's threat that India will take its imports from elsewhere if Nigeria fails to abide by its wishes.

It is not remarkable insight to state that Madueke was utterly corrupt. However, this news follows a tiresome pattern where news is spun, if not downright fabricated, to foster the impression that the previous regime has stolen all the wealth. It seems to have become a means of distraction and to prepare Nigerians for the inevitability of expectations not being met by the new regime by suggesting that the old regime stole all the money. The problem with this tactic is that if all these gargantuan amount has been stolen, what stops you from recovering it even if just a fraction of it? If anything, the sensationalism raises expectations as people would rightfully expect that if the GEJ regime stole say $60bn, the Buhari regime would be able to recover atleast 10% of that. The failure to recover sizeable amounts of money will prove to be awkward in the future.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by daresimon(m): 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
Her rewards should be in heaven
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by KwoiZabo(m): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
omowolewa:
I no trust Indians, let me hear from the Minister first or see the contrct papers.

She might have acted in good faith.
Guy help me modify your post and attach this statement. If you read carefully you will see where it wrote that the deal has been pending for 9 yrs that is 4 yrs before Diezani became minister.
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Change2015(m): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Stop being ridiculous, what do you know more above a decision taken by the Economic team consisting of Malam Sanusi Lamido, Dr Iweala, Madueke and others and endorsed by the Presidency?

Swaps were introduced to deal with our lack of refining capacity and we expected refined products as part of the bargain. For that purpose NNPC has always had a domestic allocation of crude. The ioc's already take a percentage of production to cover their investment in production. Where else would we need agents/intermediaries to deal with another sovereign nation, if not that people are looking to collect commission for very little work? Especially when you have read here that Iran and Saudi Arabia are offering the same major consumer incentives to corner their business. If your understanding is little, silence works best.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by KwoiZabo(m): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
omowolewa:
I no trust Indians, let me hear from the Minister first or see the contrct papers.

She might have acted in good faith.
Guy help me modify your post and attach this statement. If you read carefully you will see where it wrote that the deal has been pending for 9 yrs that is 4 yrs before Diezani became minister. Read the beginning of the 4th paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Change2015(m): 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
4Play:

Hence my assertion:

GEJ left power in May 2015 and presided over almost a year of low oil prices. If he was stealing as much money as claimed, you would have expected to see a massive jump in revenues, and the attendant reduction in FG debt expansion, from June 2015. There is very little evidence of that and instead we seem to have continued on our borrowing spree.

It is not a defence of GEJ's regime: it was a very corrupt and inept regime. It's a refutation of the popular notion in Nigeria that our problem is primarily a corruption problem when it is far worse than that. Nigeria was messed up in 1998, before the PDP era, when minimum wage was 540 Naira per month or $6 per month at the parallel market's exchange rate. No amount of wishful thinking or sensationalist news articles such as this which attempts to reduce every problem to "blame Jonathan" will change that.

When oil is being stolen at source, do you expect the revenues to be reflected in the National income figures? Obasanjo (crook that he was) worked to erase our national debt, so please compare the debt he left behind and that Jonathan left. Jonathan presided over the largest inflows of revenue ever in the history of this country, and yet all our major infrastructure projects appear to be tied to foreign loans, especially from the Chinese, who will smuggle in as many of their own people to work on the same projects, with future oil production being partially mortgaged to repay said loans. For all the revenue of the recent oil boom, where is the commensurate development?

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Davvymavvy(f): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

That you find it hard to accept your praise Lord is an authoritative thief does not mean you should bark at justice.

These people are stealing your future and that of your unborn children. These people are taking whats belong to the nation as their personal properties. They become demi-gods so that your parents, yourself and children will be bounded in poverty slavery. How much is your father's salary? Is he not doing a hardwork? But how much does he earn in a month? How much does Diezene who doesnt do a job harder than your mom does earn? They steal and steal everything and all you are expected to do is to cowardly bark at justice.

Look at the country and ask yourself what is working. If your father develop a stroke, he will dies because the hospitals around does not have any facilities to handle stroke while Diezena will fly out on air ambulance to spain for treatment. If your mother travel from the north to south in a public or private car, she will developed body pains because the road is too bad but you can defend a theiving person who fly around like bird in chartered Jet with out common wealth. Do you know what the standard of education is in India? They steal your money are send their wom children abroad while you lavish in annually striking varsity with poor facilities. Your Granny pension is stolen, he/she is left to die like a rat beating by the rain. Your parents were paid peanuts for working HARD while the Oga you support steals largese of their sweat. Your entitlements and benefits were stolen and all you can do is to shout around like a dog that lost it bone because Diezene is from your tribe.

Sorry for the son of the meat seller who fight over bone and praise those that steal the big flesh. It is a shame tribalism and bigotry has beclouded you.

What more can I say?
Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by otr1(m): 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
4Play:

And I still insist that the President doesn't know about the said agreement. You probably too young to know that prior to May 29, Jonathan's transition committee members refused to cooperate with that of Buhari. If your lord Jonathan and his gangs mean well for this country and were not trying to hide anything, "matters of vital national interest such as how the sale of oil to the country's biggest customer is conducted" and issue of any pending agreements would have been addressed. What do we have?
A Jonathan government who would rather Buhari finds out everything by himself.
As you can see, the sanitation of the system is still ongoing. We have a new NNPC boss, and expecting a new Petroleum resources Minister. You don't expect us to still be using Jonathan intermediates by now, do you?
As for the agreement, a proper one will be made, because, certainly, none is in the record.

And can you tell us the value of the"large debt" Jonathan inherited and how much he added to it?
We'll judge Buhari in 2019. Having it in mind that the FG is highly geared when he assumed office.
You've not told me why Jonathan was borrowing to pay salaries in his latter days in office, despite that oils well have not dried up.
Unlike Jonathan, Buhari inherited an empty treasury, low oil price and low demand for oil. To make things worse, Jonathan left some salaries unpaid. Crude oil sold for around $100/barrel for most part of Jonathan's sorry reign; yet no savings, but instead, went on borrowing when we had surplus. Defies logic? What's the benchmark again and what's the price of oil now?
We have an excess of the equivalent of one year budget accounted for in Jonathan's regime, so he didn't use it all to balance the budget due to oil glut and he didn't even start borrowing when the price of oil started to fall.

If you had any economic sense, you should know that borrowing is necessary in this case to finance the budget, but then, you're a TANoid...clueless as ever.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Change2015:

Swaps were introduced to deal with our lack of refining capacity and we expected refined products as part of the bargain. For that purpose NNPC has always had a domestic allocation of crude. The ioc's already take a percentage of production to cover their investment in production. Where else would we need agents/intermediaries to deal with another sovereign nation, if not that people are looking to collect commission for very little work? Especially when you have read here that Iran and Saudi Arabia are offering the same major consumer incentives to corner their business. If your understanding is little, silence works best.

Enjoy your ignorance or better still educate yourself by acquiring practical experience and challenges beyond academic exercises and pun on words.

Nigeria has a target sales and considering market forces beyond its controls, any superior means of "cash on transaction" have it. We are already financially trapped.

If you had read further submissions and considered India's additional conditions and demand of 90 day credit, you wouldn't still be exposing your inadequacies.

How on earth should India change the rule of the game midway by giving Nigeria a stringent condition and you expect Nigeria to give in?

"I too know" has always been APC sycophants forte and I give up on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by sevule(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Enjoy your ignorance or better still educate yourself by acquiring practical experience and challenges beyond academic exercises and pun on words.

Nigeria has a target sales and considering market forces beyond its controls, any superior means of "cash on transaction" have it. We are already financially trapped.

If you had read further submissions and considered India's additional conditions and demand of 90 day credit, you wouldn't still be exposing your inadequacies.

How on earth should India change the rule of the game midway by giving Nigeria a stringent condition and you expect Nigeria to give in?

I have read this thread with great interest and you have said ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING about why Nigeria is the ONLY country that sells its oil through intermediaries. All you do is beat around the bush. The question is VERY simple. Why is Nigeria the ONLY country in the world that sells its oil through intermediaries?

Since you have REFUSED to answer the question, let me answer it again. This unwholesome practice happened to ensure that there is no accountability regarding how much oil Nigeria actually sells and in order to get kickbacks through these third party agents. If you have something intelligent to say then feel free to say it and stop posting garbage about target sales and market forces, things you obviously know nothing about. Nigeria is not the only oil producing country that has a set target for sales or is subject to market forces so those feeble excuses DO NOT hold water.

@Gbawe your response was insightful and I was amazed to see that you actually wrote about this as far back as 2012! I am glad that there are still Nigerians out there who would not mortgage themselves for 3 akara balls and a sack of rice

https://www.nairaland.com/1185867/fg-may-dump-ribadu-report

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Adminisher: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:
Nonsense and cheap propaganda!

Very soon it will be:

Breaking news: Oil well discovered in Diezani's compound.

So we are to take it that the Indians are telling lies against Good luck and Dieziani abi. That makes the Americans, Britons, French, Germans, S. Africans, lately Chadian and Cameroonian Presidents and now the Indians. Let us face Jonathan is a thief and a very dishonest person .

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
sevule:

I have read this thread with great interest and you have said ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING about why Nigeria is the ONLY country that sells its oil through intermediaries. All you do is beat around the bush. The question is VERY simple. Why is Nigeria the ONLY country in the world that sells its oil through intermediaries?

Since you have REFUSED to answer the question, let me answer it again. This unwholesome practice happened to ensure that there is no accountability regarding how much oil Nigeria actually sells and in order to get kickbacks through these third party agents. If you have something intelligent to say then feel free to say it and stop posting garbage about target sales and market forces, things you obviously know nothing about. Nigeria is not the only oil producing country that has a set target for sales or is subject to market forces so those feeble excuses DO NOT hold water.

@Gbawe your response was insightful and I was amazed to see that you actually wrote about this as far back as 2012! I am glad that there are still Nigerians out there who would not mortgage themselves for 3 akara balls and a sack of rice

https://www.nairaland.com/1185867/fg-may-dump-ribadu-report

You are not in any position to suggest for Nigeria's team of Economic experts made up of seasoned technocrats on which model to adopt that best suits the country.

We have the National Assembly that are saddled with the responsibility of oversight function yet they have never queried nor disputed this same model in any hearing even during budget presentations.

Was Nigeria dealing with USA through intermediaries? The answer is No.

Do you know that it is only certain percentage and not all that are sold through intermediaries?

Having seen outrageous conditions (3 months credit before initial payment) given by Indian Government for direct dealing, don't you think there are valid reasons for agents who are ready to provide immediate cash on transactions to sustain our Father Christmas federal system?

The truth is that certain decisions are left for the experts and their model varies depending on conditions existing at a time.

Ribadu committee was meant to be advisory and not to replace the expert decisions of the Economic team consisting of CBN, Finance Ministry, Petroleum Ministry and other notable technocrats.

The bone of contention on this thread is not involvement of intermediaries rather the accusation that Nigeria lost money by not selling to Indian Government through direct dealing without telling Nigerians that their offer was suicidal as they wanted to take advantage of market forces beyond what we can accommodate as a country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by sevule(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You are not in any position to suggest for Nigeria's team of Economic experts made up of seasoned technocrats on which model to adopt that best suits the country.

We have the National Assembly that are saddled with the responsibility of oversight function yet they have never queried nor disputed this same model in any hearing even during budget presentations.

Was Nigeria dealing with USA through intermediaries? The answer is No.

Do you know that it is only certain percentage and no all that are sold through intermediaries?

Having seen outrageous conditions (3 months credit before initial payment) given by Indian Government for direct dealing, don't you think there are valid reasons for agents who are ready to provide immediate cash on transactions to sustain our Father Christmas federal system?

The truth is that certain decisions are left for the experts and their model varies depending on conditions existing at a time.

Ribadu committee was meant to be advisory and not to replace the expert decisions of the Economic team consisting of CBN, Finance Ministry, Petroleum Ministry and other notable technocrats.

Please read the article below and STOP exposing your ignorance about Nigeria's oil dealings!!
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/06/questions-over-nigerias-use-of-middlemen-to-market-crude/

YES Nigeria sells oil to the USA through intermediaries! You are either willfully blind to the truth or you are paid to post the praises of the most corrupt government Nigeria has ever had. Below is an excerpt from the link above:

Nigeria is the only major oil producing country that sells its crude oil through intermediaries, and Nigeria is the one that loses money by selling its crude oil through intermediaries. We know what is right, but we have not done it. That is the issue of governance that we are talking about,” said Dayo Ayoade, senior lecturer, Energy Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos, adding that the middlemen are offered an opportunity to make margins through reselling the crude.

“It is not that the NNPC crude marketing division cannot sell directly to the world market, but the system does not allow them. The current practice is what the powers that be in the country use to compensate their members. It is seen as the incentives in government,” said another industry analyst.

For ANYONE that did basic primary school, they can see from the bolded that Nigeria IS LOSING money by selling our crude oil through intermediaries! And yet you come here and talk about having faith in useless economists that are NOT adding value to our country. If you cannot and would not see the TRUTH that is right before your eyes, then I am sorry FOR YOU

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
sevule:

Please read the article below and STOP exposing your ignorance about Nigeria's oil dealings!!
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/06/questions-over-nigerias-use-of-middlemen-to-market-crude/

YES Nigeria sells oil to the USA through intermediaries! You are either willfully blind to the truth or you are paid to post the praises of the most corrupt government Nigeria has ever had. Below is an excerpt from the link above:

For ANYONE that did basic primary school, they can see from the bolded that Nigeria IS LOSING money by selling our crude oil through intermediaries! And yet you come here and talk about having faith in useless economists that are NOT adding value to our country. If you cannot and would not see the TRUTH that is right before your eyes, then I am sorry FOR YOU

You failed to comprehend the link you quoted. It says a big chuck as I earlier stated in my previous submission - depending on market forces and conditions of payment.

Where in the article did you see Nigeria selling to USA through intermediaries? Remember the recent changes to the 1984 deals

Nigeria, Africa’s top oil producer, exports a big chunk of its crude oil mostly through intermediaries

Now let's do justice to your elementary analytical skill.

The loss is attributed to commission given to the intermediaries - Fact

However, nobody have evaluated the loss and economic consequences of certain conditions attached to direct dealing (Nigeria can't sell on a 90 days credit basis before initial payment). - Fact

The application of our Federal system of Government is not obtainable anywhere in the world - Fact

Now the main deal:

Ask yourself why Nigeria offers discount and enumerate the answers.

Is discount not indirect loss of money? If discount is better than Indians or certain countries offer, what does that tell you?

Mr Man, Crude Oil Marketing is beyond buying and selling, it involves dangerous international politics beyond the keyboard.

Nigeria needs fast money to sustain monthly allocations to FG, States and Local Governments and as such implemented a policy best suited for its government.

And reading further the link you provided, it was Buhari who made this policy below for reasons best known to him

It was gathered that around 1984/85, NNPC introduced the yearly crude oil lifting contracts in which global oil traders and the IOCs had to compete for the award of contracts. Up until recently, contracts were mostly given directly to global trading houses such as Glencore, Vitol, Trafigura or Gunvor, Mercuria and IOCs.

In its requirements for marketing the Nigerian crude oil, the Crude Oil Marketing Division of NNPC said that those who wished to buy and sell Nigerian crude oil must demonstrate their commitment to the oil industry through allocation of adequate resources of capital, equipment and manpower to the general business of prospecting, exploration and production of crude oil.

“Lack of transparency of the criteria used to determine eligibility makes the policy seem driven by personal interest at the expense of national interest,”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Change2015(m): 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Lol, you are a typical Jonathan person. Thanks for amusing me. Next thing according to you we will be hawking our oil in the streets abi? Ish

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Change2015:

Lol, you are a typical Jonathan person. Thanks for amusing me. Next thing according to you we will be hawking our oil in the streets abi? Ish

Please this is Buhari's legacy which Jonathan tried by introducing certain better changes involving direct country to country deals depending on terms of payments.

The excerpts

It was gathered that around 1984/85, NNPC introduced the yearly crude oil lifting contracts in which global oil traders and the IOCs had to compete for the award of contracts. Up until recently, contracts were mostly given directly to global trading houses such as Glencore, Vitol, Trafigura or Gunvor, Mercuria and IOCs.

In its requirements for marketing the Nigerian crude oil, the Crude Oil Marketing Division of NNPC said that those who wished to buy and sell Nigerian crude oil must demonstrate their commitment to the oil industry through allocation of adequate resources of capital, equipment and manpower to the general business of prospecting, exploration and production of crude oil.

“Lack of transparency of the criteria used to determine eligibility makes the policy seem driven by personal interest at the expense of national interest,”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Diezani Sat On $14bn Oil Deal With India-Daily Trust by Change2015(m): 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Please this is Buhari's legacy which Jonathan tried by introducing certain better changes involving direct country to country deals depending on terms of payments.

The excerpts

It is amazing that you do not see that a policy that may have been appropriate in 1984 does not necessarily remain so even in 1985. When Diezani said we should not expect working refineries for another 20yrs should we have accepted that too and gone with the flow? What you say about Jonathan and country to country deals is surely a joke right? Where is the evidence? Why are participants in the oil industry frightened but glad Diezani is gone, a woman who had the addled Jonathan wrapped around her finger with the basest manipulations. Certainly indigenous participation and local content were laudable but not their original policy, even the PIB was effectively passed by the assembly after the government had been effectively terminated by the apc. Now the auditors have moved in with new management at NNPC so we will be hearing many more stories. Do you have any idea how many briefcase companies Diezani brought into the system? Companies that were formed weeks before their oil lifting licences or allocations were approved. Meanwhile we could have tied up a chunk of the Indian market as our American sales have disappeared due to the shale oil production boom. How many Gmd's did Diezani fire...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police / EFCC Arraigns Orji Uzor Kalu In Court Today Over Fraud(photos) / Obituary Of IPOB Member Killed In Abia During Army Invasion (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.