Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism (4785 Views)

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by kolajamesjnr(m): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
marshalcarter:

Bros.....me wit you no dey fyt ooo....but cum to GOD nd he'll welcum you with open arms...learn to love GOD....he's with you...he's with me cheesy

#singin..babababababababa baba mi lo ke-baaaabaaa(let's go dancin) cool

Which of d god are u blabbing about sev

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
onetrack:
What she needs to understand is that belief cannot be forced. You either believe or you don't. For example, I can't imagine how I could force myself to believe that 2+2=5. It simply isn't going to happen.

Woah! Coincidentally I used the same analogy for her. It's not possible to believe that, one can only pretend to.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by trapQ: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
love is enough. if it isn't enough, its not love
chocolateme:
instead of having future issues with her which would involve your future kids, then cut it at once.
It will only hurt for a while but its for the better good.
Love" alone can never be enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by wordcat(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
marshalcarter:

Bros.....me wit you no dey fyt ooo....but cum to GOD nd he'll welcum you with open arms...learn to love GOD....he's with you...he's with me cheesy

#singin..babababababababa baba mi lo ke-baaaabaaa(let's go dancin) cool

Lol.
This guy no well I swear!
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by wordcat(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
aIrbenIc:

Woah! Coincidentally I used the same analogy for her. It's not possible to believe that, one can only pretend to.

Thanks.

Pretend??

Except u are not planning to marry the girl then pretense may be the solution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by chocolateme(f): 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
trapQ:
love is enough. if it isn't enough, its not love
OK no wahala though I am still wondering why people divorce on daily basis due to lack of handling family issues exception of unfaithfulness matter. Thought love is enough to tolerate a dirty unkept wife who can't cook food or take care of her family.
Wonder why putting up with a career wife can lead to separation when love should be there to cover it all. Well for me, I maintain that love is not enough to marry your partner. That moment when your wife files for divorce in court due to maltreatments being meted out on her and her children by her drunken husband, too numerous to mention.
I think understanding, patience, tolerance and even endurance are ingredients that comes before love follows. That's why people can easily fall in love with the physical beauty but not the dispositions.(character)
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by trapQ: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
when I mean love, I mean true love. but then If love isn't true it isn't love. men who beat or mistreat their wives don't love their wives. their are different levels of attraction. you could like someone, be attracted to someone or have a crush on someone. it doesn't necessarily mean its love. that's why you see that some women leaves their sick or broke husbands. it is because there was no love in the first place. they only loved the money or physical appearance of the person. also, just because people are together doesn't mean they love each other. real love is always the same and never changes. but unfortunately in this day and time, love is rarer than diamonds.
chocolateme:
OK no wahala though I am still wondering why people divorce on daily basis due to lack of handling family issues exception of unfaithfulness matter. Thought love is enough to tolerate a dirty unkept wife who can't cook food or take care of her family.
Wonder why putting up with a career wife can lead to separation when love should be there to cover it all. Well for me, I maintain that love is not enough to marry your partner. That moment when your wife files for divorce in court due to maltreatments being meted out on her and her children by her drunken husband, too numerous to mention.
I think understanding, patience, tolerance and even endurance are ingredients that comes before love follows. That's why people can easily fall in love with the physical beauty but not the dispositions.(character)

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by bytemeister(m): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
bro we in d same boat...ma gal wnt leave me be too.... dunno if it's by force to go into sumtn I got no bliv
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by bytemeister(m): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
bro we in d same boat...ma gal wnt leave me be too.... dunno if it's by force to go into sumtn I got no bliv in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by chocolateme(f): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
trapQ:
when I mean love, I mean true love. but then If love isn't true it isn't love. men who beat or mistreat their wives don't love their wives. their are different levels of attraction. you could like someone, be attracted to someone or have a crush on someone. it doesn't necessarily mean its love. that's why you see that some women leaves their sick or broke husbands. it is because there was no love in the first place. they only loved the money or physical appearance of the person. also, just because people are together doesn't mean they love each other. real love is always the same and never changes. but unfortunately in this day and time, love is rarer than diamonds.
you WIN. tk
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
aIrbenIc:
She has been bringing up the issue. She asks me to believe in a supreme being even if not in her religion (Christianity) I asked her whether she doesn't love me for who I am, she said she would have ended the relationship long before then if she didn't. She still never stops asking me to drop atheism and pick up a religion, and I'm getting too pressed.

Dropping atheism isn't possible for me, expect I wanna pretend (which I made her know) I mean why should I pick up a religion I don't believe in? How do I cope with such a life? I no longer know what to reply her. I just feel like someone is choking my life. I dunno if I should get harsh on her by asking her to break up if she can't cope with me. To the atheists what would you do?

cc - Johnydon22 Davien Plaetton Pesty100 MrPresident Dapo777 theAtheist101 Frank317 etc

First , I don't believe in romantic love, or lets say I have different views about the romantic love. Let her understand that you are not a religious person, and it might be because of her fears that you might make your atheism public to everyone and how everyone would look down at her as a wife of an atheist, that could be the reason why she wants you to join a religion, or you can join Rastafarian religion that doesn't really demand anything from you, tell her you plan on joining Rastafarians if she persist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by trapQ: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
all I do is win, win , win.
hehehehehe
chocolateme:
you WIN. tk
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dapo777:

First , I don't believe in romantic love, or lets say I have different views about the romantic love. Let her understand that you are not a religious person, and it might be because of her fears that you might make your atheism public to everyone and how everyone would look down at her as a wife of an atheist, that could be the reason why she wants you to join a religion, or you can join Rastafarian religion that doesn't really demand anything from you, tell her you plan on joining Rastafarians if she persist.

LOL! Thanks.. Noted.
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
aIrbenIc

If I were you, I would have dumped her since, because I hate blackmail. I don't see why she can't just accept me for who I am and her clause in our relationship shows that she doesn't really care for me. And I know she would repeat the act again, if she is not checkmated now.

Or if I truly can't do without her (which is irrational, because no one is indispensable), I could just lie to her about getting a deity to worship and when am done getting what I want from her, I would show her my true colour. The danger in this approach is that one of us or both could really get hurt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
I always tell friends, play along and get what you want. follow her to church if need be, make her your wife first, then make her come back to her senses.
the priest that wedded me is still my friend till date.
think as as you like but behave normal with others.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by hahn(m): 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
MrPresident:
I always tell friends, play along and get what you want. follow her to church if need be, make her your wife first, then make her come back to her senses.
the priest that wedded me is still my friend till date.
think as as you like but behave normal with others.

Law of power.

Same thing over here

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 24, 2015
hahn:

Law of power.

Same thing over here

yes bro,

just like during election campaign, buhari can even go to church, pray with them and give donations, just to win their votes. grin

OP should be smart, play along and get what he wants.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 24, 2015
It is a plus sign for you to know a smart lady...As a matter of fact,I know a family in the process of breaking this morning because the hubby refused going to church yesterday,they have a kid(boy) and the wife is threatening to leave this morning.

My parents are up on my neck for me to convert back to christianity but I'm proud atheist and can never go back,Death is the maximum.

My advice to you is be conservative and don't get so outspoken because its upset them and make them look stupid for doing religion and as for your girl,let her go,if she truly loves you she would come back to love you for who you are and not what you are or believe in and if she don't then in the long run,she prolly might regret leaving you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2015
wordcat:

Lol. This guy no well I swear!
grin
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

Which of d god are u blabbing about sev

Brah

M blabbin of the GOD who created you in his own image cheesy grin
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by johnydon22(m): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2015
marshalcarter:

Brah

Yeah he was created by a powerful God, actually their were two powerful Gods anyway..

A man and a woman, a wonderful phenomenon and through it a beautiful child was created by real Gods who actually did it and don't just claim it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeah he was created by a powerful God, actually their were two powerful Gods anyway..

A man and a woman, a wonderful phenomenon and through it a beautiful child was created by real Gods who actually did it and don't just claim it
undecided

Feel lyk floggin you
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 24, 2015
marshalcarter:

Brah

according to king james' story book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by wordcat(m): 8:55am On Aug 24, 2015
chocolateme:
you WIN. tk

Your initial post still stand.

In marriage, love comes after understanding and tolerance. And I don't believe that there is such thing as real love,"love is love" it's either u love something or u don't love it.
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by johnydon22(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2015
marshalcarter:

undecided

Feel lyk floggin you
It wouldn't still change the fact that he was created by two Gods.. a man and a woman... very powerful Gods and they are very real...

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 24, 2015
marshalcarter:

undecided

Feel lyk floggin you

you should flog your sunday-school teacher either, for teaching you that human being was made with soil

2 Likes

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2015
johnydon22:
It wouldn't still change the fact that he was created by two Gods.. a man and a woman... very powerful Gods and they are very real...

Who created those 2 gods u're talkin abt undecided
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 9:25am On Aug 24, 2015
MrPresident:

you should flog your sunday-school teacher either, for teaching you that human being was made with soil
Who made soil undecided
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2015
MrPresident:

according to king james' story book
Which king james undecided
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 24, 2015
marshalcarter:

Which king james undecided

You wanna deny it's not a story book? smiley. They had so many versions tho

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by johnydon22(m): 9:45am On Aug 24, 2015
marshalcarter:

Who created those 2 gods u're talkin abt undecided
Simple... Another man and woman!!!

4 Likes

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 9:46am On Aug 24, 2015
ifeness:

You wanna deny it's not a story book? smiley. They had so many versions tho

shocked ppl dey lie sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? / Fighting The Spirits Of The Dead In My Dreams. / Reverend Allan Kiuna's Sex Scandal With A Mistress Sparks Outrage (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.