Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

What's Your Opinion! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Opinion! (761 Views)

Get N10,000 Worth Of Airtime Free To Share Your Opinion! For Every Family! / Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) / Your Opinion Will Save A Soul, Should He Send Her Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinion! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Is it okay for a lady to visit her fiance who still stays with his family to cook,and do other house chores,sometimes she goes there as early as 8am to visit him and can stay late till 10pm, and if possible sleep over there,although they plan to get married in feb.2016 ,and they are both working.
Re: What's Your Opinion! by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
I no fitn't comment abeg..
Re: What's Your Opinion! by taryour(f): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
brunnette4real:
Is it okay for a lady to visit her fiance who still stays with his family to cook,and do other house chores,sometimes she goes there as early as 8am to visit him and can stay late till 10pm, and if possible sleep over there,although they plan to get married in feb.2016 ,and they are both working.

well i guess that house is her place of work, if she resumes there by 8am and closes by 10pm and sleeps over atimes. wooow this is wrong to me, make she limit her visit there abeg or just pack her stuff and rolacate there once and for all. she seem very depirate to me and there wunt be need for the guys family going to pay her bride price anymore na.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion! by lovinam: 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
Housegirl mode! What's wrong with her? She should go get paid employment and be useful to her parents. That how girls like devaluing their self worth. I wonder what she will teach her kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Opinion! by SAMBARRY: 3:31am On Aug 24, 2015
lovinam:
Housegirl mode! What's wrong with her? She should go get paid employment and be useful to her parents. That how girls like devaluing their self worth. I wonder what she will teach her kids.
when the in laws start intruding into her private marital issues she'll start ranting all over the place not knowing she has given them the legal rights and effrontery to walk into her home uninvited.

How can you go to your prospective in laws place and be doing house girl . If you end up not marrying him nko

Her unmarried sister in laws will soon ask her to leave her husband house to come and wash their mother's clothes grin

The thing you know you won't continue after marriage why start it. After all yorubas say what you won't take as a rich man you should start rejecting it as a poor man

abi you see the man leaving his home to come and wash your father's car. No man can do it so in the same vein respect yourself and work on your self esteem undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Opinion! by SAMBARRY: 3:40am On Aug 24, 2015
In addition if you think you are just good enough for being a voluntary domestic slave then others will treat you like that undecided

no value. See as you cheapen yourself like agege bread undecided

Re: What's Your Opinion! by focus7: 7:08am On Aug 24, 2015
Well I think a little bit of moderation is needed here. To visit yes it is not bad but shouldn't be too frequent otherwise you begin to lose your value by the day as they are getting more of your attention and you are no longer becoming as special to them as they begin to find so weak points in you. To go their as early as 8am and live by 10pm or even sleep over is only sending a message of how free, lose and if you permit me to use the word cheap the lady is, cooking and doing some house chore is not bad but should not be frequent. In conclusion creating artificial scarcity of yourself makes them demand for you and values you the more as they consider it that you are not easily available so it will always be a privilege anytime they have you.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion! by tpiander: 7:15am On Aug 24, 2015
It doesn't concern me.
Re: What's Your Opinion! by Bahaushiya: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2015
So that they will say her wife material is 900 yards.
I had one in-law wannabe like that.
She'll come, cook, wash, mop, bring us movies she rented, make our hair, bath my sisters and I.
The familiarity became too much, she and my older cousins will be bickering over why she didn't do this, do that. Shan ti da fork(drinking tea with fork). Very irritating. One day, one of them beat her that she was searching through her things that she's a thief. My uncle didn't even say anything. My mom finally talked to her to get a life and grow a brain.
The familiarity won't do her any good. They'll see her finish. There's nothing self respecting about going to slave in your suitor's house please.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion! by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 24, 2015
So long as she carrys on doing this after she is married to the man and she accepts all sorts of expectations of her and does it without complaint. . then no problem.
Re: What's Your Opinion! by edwife(f): 8:40am On Aug 24, 2015
And she has a job?What kind of job is that?

There is nothing wrong in spending time with your in-laws but like everything else in life,it needs to be moderate.

She shouldn't start something she can't finish and i hate eye service people.Always be YOU.
Re: What's Your Opinion! by Chidoks(f): 8:52am On Aug 24, 2015
No!
Re: What's Your Opinion! by freecocoa(f): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2015
She should continue, she's the best wife material any man can ever get.
Re: What's Your Opinion! by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2015
Is she their house girl?

(1) (Reply)

One Word For This Bride / Why Do Children Tease Me Negatively? / Who Wants To Marry? See Why This Is The Funniest Post In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.