Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,642 members, 7,813,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) (2976 Views)

Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion / Meet Phil The Mature Man Who Like To Dress Like A Baby(pics/vieo) / Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2016
I am trying to make sense of what is going on in the family of a neighbor.

They have been married for 10 years and they have two kids(boys) 9 and 7 years old. After which the lady tied her tubes because the man said he didn't want any more children(he is not fond of children). Actually, he had wanted only one but the woman quickly had another before he insisted that she should tie her tubes.

The man is the quarrelsome type and they often quarrel but recently he keeps insisting that he wants a divorce. He hasn't given any good reason for this but it seems he hates her. The wife stumbled across the picture of a little girl in his phone which he tagged "My baby" she said she is shocked but has no reason to feel her husband has a family outside because she trusts him and she has kids for him. The man is ready to go to court for a divorce but she is still begging him against this

What can she do? In my humble opinion I think the man is under a spell but what do you all think? (mature responses please)

*Note, there are some questions I am not able to answer because I am not involved, I am seeking your opinions because who knows if it might help save their marriage as I intend to give some good suggestions to her sister who is a friend to me.

1 Like

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by gazilion: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2016
Mind Your Business But Pray For Them In Your Closet!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by afolwalex20(m): 11:51am On Dec 22, 2016
I think the man has another family outside and he loves them.
The other lady might be the one pushing the man that far and the lady might be using charms (according to you).
If its real the wife should have opened her eyes na. She should either pray or decipher what's going on and take necessary actions

2 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by MBush(m): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
mind your business!!
SMH... you have carried your amebo to another level...

4 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by teemy(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
let her give him the delilah treatment; the one that made bro samson spill his beans. the truth would come out. she needs to keep off conflict and stop claiming 'i am the wife' title. let him not feel chained. let her be mentally prepared in case if.

1 Like

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by 5minsmadness: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
There is something wrong with the foundation somewhere.

Rarely do you find men that want only one child up to the point of insisting the wife ties her tubes.

Unless he didn't want the wife to begin with.

She quickly had the second, and then agreed to tie her tubes. Means he was adamant.

Has always been quarrelsome but now has taken it a step further by asking for a divorce.

All through this the wife has no issues, not even when she saw the kid on his phone. She sounds like she is desperate to keep him. Is it possible she did something desperate to marry him?

I think the man was in love with someone else. For whatever reason he didnt marry her but married your friend instead. Probably planned on leaving the marriage early but life happened and two boys came out from the undesired woman. Whatever barrier preventing him from marrying the first woman is now gone ans he is now ready to continue life with the other woman. The baby girl may not be his, but is most likey the child of the other woman.

What she should do to keep him?

Feminists wont like this, but:

She should do her best to please him. Serve him his food on time, keep a cheerful face around the house. Have sex with him when he wants but she must not be the one to initiate the sex. Let there be no situation where he has the opportunity to reject her sexual advances. But when he asks for it, let her be a sexual goddess in bed. There is a reason for that.
Let him not find a fault in her that will give him the excuse to leave, because that is essentially what he is looking for. That man will eventually leave the house, even if for a short while. Let it be thay when he leaves he will have reason to miss her. This is what will bring him back to her and not forcing him to stay.

Then of course she should pray. There is nothing God cannot do. In fact, if possible, she should convince him to pray with her every night. It will remove the inherent hatred and speak to his conscience.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
5minsmadness:

Rarely do you find men that want only one child up to the point of insisting the wife ties her tubes.

She quickly had the second, and then agreed to tie her tubes. Means he was adamant.

Has always been quarrelsome but now has taken it a step further by asking for a divorce.

All through this the wife has no issues, not even when she saw the kid on his phone. She sounds like she is desperate to keep him. Is it possible she did something desperate to marry him?

I think the man was in love with someone else. For whatever reason he didnt marry her but married your friend instead. Probably planned on leaving the marriage early but life happened and two boys came out from the undesired woman. Whatever barrier preventing him from marrying the first woman is now gone ans he is now ready to continue life with the other woman. The baby girl may not be his, but is most likey the child of the other woman.

She should do her best to please him. Serve him his food on time, keep a cheerful face around the house. Have sex with him when he wants but she must not be the one to initiate the sex. Let there be no situation where he has the opportunity to reject her sexual advances. But when he asks for it, let her be a sexual goddess in bed. There is a reason for that.
Let him not find a fault in her that will give him the excuse to leave, because that is essentially what he is looking for. That man will eventually leave the house, even if for a short while. Let it be thay when he leaves he will have reason to miss her. This is what will bring him back to her and not forcing him to stay.

Then of course she should pray. There is nothing God cannot do. In fact, if possible, she should convince him to pray with her every night. It will remove the inherent hatred and speak to his conscience.

All the best.

Thank you, I will pass your advice across but it seems he hasn't touched her for many months now(according to her sister)
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
teemy:
let her give him the delilah treatment; the one that made bro samson spill his beans. the truth would come out. she needs to keep off conflict and stop claiming 'i am the wife' title. let him not feel chained. let her be mentally prepared in case if.

I don't think she is doing this
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
MBush:
mind your business!!
SMH... you have carried your amebo to another level...
Hmmm two kids are involved, we should be our brother's keeper
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
gazilion:
Mind Your Business But Pray For Them In Your Closet!!
Don't turn a blind eye when you might be in a position to do something
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by 5minsmadness: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
Pidgin2:

Thank you, I will pass your advice across but it seems he hasn't touched her for many months now(according to her sister)

Then its possible he has already rejected her sexual advances if she is the one complaining about not being touched. Its not looking good at all.

She should wear sexy (but not too obviously sexy) stuff around the house but at the same time appear non-chalant/totally uninterested about it.

Hope she's not always on his neck for attention. She should find ways of making herself happy, let that happiness reflect around the house. Find ways to avoid the frequent quarrels. Its tough but doable.

1 Like

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Jahblessme: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
undecided undecided undecided red pant wearers in d house

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
5minsmadness:

Then its possible he has already rejected her sexual advances if she is the one complaining about not being touched. Its not looking good at all.

She should wear sexy (but not too obviously sexy) stuff around the house but at the same time appear non-chalant/totally uninterested about it.

Hope she's not always on his neck for attention. She should find ways of making herself happy, let that happiness reflect around the house. Find ways to avoid the frequent quarrels. Its tough but doable.

I don't know if she is always on his neck for attention but I know he is not giving her any. She will hear about the seducing stuff. (My opinion I wonder) If he is truly seeing other women will it even be wise for her to expose herself to STDs, thanks again
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by baby124: 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
The lady married a man who did not want to marry her at all. The fact is, she either move on and pray the man changes his mind or stay and endure it. I don't think any human being is worth it enough to put another in constant torment and pain. Never make another human being that important in your life. I do not believe in manipulating the man to make him stay. His heart is somewhere else. Let her not push him to killing her to finally be able to be with whom he wants to be with. At some point one has to start thinking about what is best for them for sanity sake. Personally I will never be some where I am not wanted or respected. This life is hard enough.

3 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
baby124:
The lady married a man who did not want to marry her at all. The fact is, she either move on and pray the man changes his mind or stay and endure it. I don't think any human being is worth it enough to put another in constant torment and pain. Never make another human being that important in your life. I do not believe in manipulating the man to make him stay. His heart is somewhere else. Let her not push him to killing her to finally be able to be with whom he wants to be with. At some point one has to start thinking about what is best for them for sanity sake. Personally I will never be some where I am not wanted or respected. This life is hard enough.

I personally don't know why it seems she has been begging him, maybe for the children's sake. Women are suffering sad
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by eyinjuege: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Someone adviced she should be giving him food regularly, and giving all sorts of sex styles.
Funny
As if the WIFE outside doesn't have a PhD in catering, and isn't a Professor of "sexology".
The wife at home is still a learner if na that one.
Most responsible men and women in marriage stay faithful not because their spouses are the best or even anything to write home about, but rather because they have INTEGRITY, and take their vows to heart.
There are some people you can never do business transactions with, and so also is marriage.
Anyway, you cannot force some birds into captivity. They will die in it.
A man loves a woman simply because he just loves her. The story of Prince Charles, Diana, Camilla comes to mind.
If he wants a divorce, let her grant him one, and move on with her life.
I hope she has a source of livelihood?
She should dress well for herself, exercise for the health benefits and the feel good endorphins released, she should make herself happy. Go out and try new things, if she has money, let her travel. Let her start dating again.
Life will definitely go on. It won't stop because of her broken marriage
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade out of it.

9 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by byvan03: 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
Marriage is not by force! Give him the divorce and face your life, no one died.

6 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
eyinjuege:
Someone adviced she should be giving him food regularly, and giving all sorts of sex styles.
Funny
As if the WIFE outside doesn't have a PhD in catering, and isn't a Professor of "sexology".
The wife at home is still a learner if na that one.
Most responsible men and women in marriage stay faithful not because their spouses are the best or even anything to write home about, but rather because they have INTEGRITY, and take their vows to heart.
There are some people you can never do business transactions with, and so also is marriage.
Anyway, you cannot force some birds into captivity. They will die in it.
A man loves a woman simply because he just loves her. The story of Prince Charles, Diana, Camilla comes to mind.
If he wants a divorce, let her grant him one, and move on with her life.
I hope she has a source of livelihood?
She should dress well for herself, exercise for the health benefits and the feel good endorphins released, she should make herself happy. Go out and try new things, if she has money, let her travel. Let her start dating again.
Life will definitely go on. It won't stop because of her broken marriage
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade out of it.

It's possible that he will send his kids to live elsewhere, so I think this is why she's scared of leaving also I think she still loves him
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by teemy(m): 8:25am On Dec 23, 2016
Pidgin2:

I don't think she is doing this
5minsmadness earlier explained the delilah treatment. i got married, had a wife but lost a friend. i love my separation as i have my friend back. d hubby might need a friend
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by gazilion: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2016
Pidgin2:

Don't turn a blind eye when you might be in a position to do something

The more reason to pray for them and not turn their situation into a public affair without their consent.
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by bukatyne(f): 11:37am On Dec 23, 2016
5minsmadness:

All the best.

I am trying hard to wonder how feminism or lack of correlates with your post.

I guess you just like the sensationalism and want to spark up the thread.

SMH

@OP:

Let her give him a divorce if that's what he wants.

A woman who tied her womb after 2 boys in 2009 is a woman who has tried everything to please her husband.

If he has insisted on leaving, he will still leave with her postponing the evil day with her acrobatics.

3 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks"

Love/marriage can't be forced, When there is no connection the basic essence "Mutually Accepted Association" (Marriage) is lost

When a man "repeatedly" says something "its what he wants"

It's sad but that's "real life" for you

Him being aggressive to her is him expressing his irritation

If there is no love between a couple then the marriage is already over and "divorce" becomes a mere formality

2 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2016
The way some people 'prescribe' sex these days ehn, you'll think it's panadol.

Isn't lovemaking an act of bonding; done with love and outta love? angry

He isn't under any spell, why is it only men this spell dey catch? 'cos they don't stay in one place, they always use their 2left legs and waka to the spell. grin
Dude doesn't love the woman. If someone keeps saying something, look into it_ that's his/her heart desire.

She can only get him back if he wants to be gotten back, I don't think there is anything she'll do now that the other woman ain't doing. She can only try...hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

Some women are suffering, in another life_ I will come as a water dispenser.

4 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by 5minsmadness: 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
bukatyne:

I am trying hard to wonder how feminism or lack of correlates with your post.

I guess you just like the sensationalism and want to spark up the thread.

SMH

@OP:

Let her give him a divorce if that's what he wants.

A woman who tied her womb after 2 boys in 2009 is a woman who has tried everything to please her husband.

If he has insisted on leaving, he will still leave with her postponing the evil day with her acrobatics.

This woman Ha'pum aka biko.
You no dey tire for quarrel?
You no fit read the post waka pass?

If you read the opening post you will see where the Op clearly stated she was looking for advice to save the marriage. We all know feminists (not you cos you dont qualify as a feminist) hate any advice that has to do with the woman appearing subservient to the man. Your announcing that you are "trying hard" to find a correlation between feminism and my post is you trying to spark up the thread, not me.

Already you have given the usual answer, "give him the divorce", we know, we know, but in this case she is looking for something to salvage their marriage. How's about you respect that decision (Her decision) for a change?

Abeg leave my matter if you don't want to spark up the thread. Merry Xmas.
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by 5minsmadness: 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
He made her tie her tubes (she shouldn't have done this!) and now wants to divorce her. Meanwhile he has another child outside the marriage. Just how do people sleep at night with their wickedness? angry

2 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by bukatyne(f): 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
5minsmadness:

This woman Ha'pum aka biko.
You no dey tire for quarrel?
You no fit read the post waka pass?

If you read the opening post you will see where the Op clearly stated she was looking for advice to save the marriage. We all know feminists (not you cos you dont qualify as a feminist) hate any advice that has to do with the woman appearing subservient to the man. Your announcing that you are "trying hard" to find a correlation between feminism and my post is you trying to spark up the thread, not me.

Already you have given the usual answer, "give him the divorce", we know, we know, but in this case she is looking for something to salvage their marriage. How's about you respect that decision ([b]Her decision) for a change?[/b]

Abeg leave my matter if you don't want to spark up the thread. Merry Xmas.

Look who is asking if I am not tired of quarrel

Have I 'quarrelled' with you?

Or have others not given advise without mentioning feminism?

A man said he no longer wants a marriage. ... not his wife is cheating; not his wife is disrespectful; not the wife is not good in bed, not the wife is dirty, lazy, etc. and you think se.x has magic to make him change his mind.

There is a difference between a man who wants his wife to change (valid or not) and a man who doesn't want his wife/marriage anymore....

Have you heard a Nigerian man tell his wife to tie her tubes after one child?

Oga qualifier of feminists, I am sure the part of your post I highlighted doesn't even make sense to you.

And if you missed it, the OP is a concerned neighbor & not the wife in question.

Merry Christmas to you too.

2 Likes

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by bukatyne(f): 7:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
PaperLace:
The way some people 'prescribe' sex these days ehn, you'll think it's panadol.

Isn't lovemaking an act of bonding; done with love and outta love? angry

He isn't under any spell, why is it only men this spell dey catch? 'cos they don't stay in one place, they always use their 2left legs and waka to the spell. grin
Dude doesn't love the woman. If someone keeps saying something, look into it_ that's his/her heart desire.

She can only get him back if he wants to be gotten back, I don't think there is anything she'll do now that the other woman ain't doing. She can only try...hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

Some women are suffering, in another life_ I will come as a water dispenser.

God bless you real good.

Lol @ water dispenser.
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by 5minsmadness: 1:23am On Dec 24, 2016
bukatyne:

Look who is asking if I am not tired of quarrel

Have I 'quarrelled' with you?

Or have others not given advise without mentioning feminism?

A man said he no longer wants a marriage. ... not his wife is cheating; not his wife is disrespectful; not the wife is not good in bed, not the wife is dirty, lazy, etc. and you think se.x has magic to make him change his mind.

There is a difference between a man who wants his wife to change (valid or not) and a man who doesn't want his wife/marriage anymore....

Have you heard a Nigerian man tell his wife to tie her tubes after one child?

Oga qualifier of feminists, I am sure the part of your post I highlighted doesn't even make sense to you.

And if you missed it, the OP is a concerned neighbor & not the wife in question.

Merry Christmas to you too.
I don't care if others gave advice and mentioned feminism or not. I can post whatever I like.

Sex was not the only thing I mentioned in case you missed that. Possibly it's the only point of interest for you, can't fathom why. Or maybe I can... lipsrsealed

And yes, the Op is the one asking for advice on saving the marriage, not the wife, hence my response. Some of us actually read the entire post before commenting.

And if you bothered to read my post you will see where I mentioned the tube ish and that something was very wrong with the foundation of that marriage, quit looking for who to attack, haba.

Madam arbiter on what constitutes adequate feminism mentions , biko waka pass.

1 Like

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by 5minsmadness: 1:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Abeg anyone reading this thread, there's this meme of a bald guy with a small goatie beard throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation and looking left then right, pls someone find it for me make I use am in case Bukky answers me again sad

1 Like

Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by cococandy(f): 4:00am On Dec 24, 2016
Thank you kiss

By force love no dey work.
baby124:
Re: Mature folks, I Need Your Opinion(update) by cococandy(f): 4:07am On Dec 24, 2016
If he hated kids so much why didn't he go get a vasectomy? It's a less invasive procedure than a woman tying her own tubes.
Wicked man.
Ihe chukwu ga-ekpe ka nku.

She should grant him the divorce and move on. You can't live with someone who despises you and you can't force them to love you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Cope With My Wife Pressure? / They Beat Him Up After Marriage / Why Is The First Night Of Marriage So Special For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.