Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,429 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land (2850 Views)

Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land / Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode / Why Lagos Is Immune To Recession — Rotimi Agunsoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by cybertyrant(m): 6:02am On Aug 24, 2015
In recent times yoruba residents have stood up to claim that yoruba owns lagos, but the question is, why did the government give it such a name?
In a country,what the government say is likely to be what the people say, when lagos was nicknamed no mans land, why didnt they oppose the name how they are doing today.
Is it because certain tribes (especially igbos) have helped developed lagos into a city, and they have made money from the population and investments in lagos, now lagos city is going to a higher level, why not let the tribes that help build it live in it as one nigeria.
Another city is been built over a decade now called eko atlantic, the immediate rejection of other tribes investing in such an environment is an abomination by them, thinking that the igbos will buy 70% of the land or own 70% of properties there,the now tend to protest against another tribe buying properties there, i taught we are one nigeria.
I was watching news and a yoruba resident said he came from togo or so, those it mean that we are catering for another extra population from togo and benin, early this month was migrants from togo and benin, why is that so?
MY QUESTION IS SIMPLE
1- what was the original name of lagos before the benin conquered it and named it eko( meaning farm or field) ?
2-what were the original yoruba name for victoria island ?
3-why is it that lagos is 60% yoruba, 30% igbo,and 10% other tribes, ?
I thought that as indigenes u ar supposed to be 90% to 95%.
4-why is that the oba of lagos is from a banished ancestor from benin kingdom?

I will be very much glad if you answer the questions

And also please, tell me why there is no letter "Z" in yoruba language.
Does it mean they are nt complete?

The yoruba empire must be big to have stretched from ghana to benin to togo to nigeria, why no actualize that empire, destined to be the giant of africa.

Defend ur self with facts PLEASE
Re: Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by uniklinkum(m): 6:15am On Aug 24, 2015
This shiit is turning to communal madness for these folks. You lot are not the only one in Lagos, you irritants should stop bleating like cursed goats.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by mightyhaze: 6:36am On Aug 24, 2015
Lagos is not a no mansland! It belongs to evry nigerian. As an igboman,I can lay claim 2 lagos if I decide 2moro 2 live,work n pay taxes in lagos.and so it iss for any oda nigerian. Any yoruba or hausa fella can lay claim 2 orlu or aba if s/he decides 2 live, work n pay taxes in any of dose places.nigeria is for nigerians irrespectiv of tribe.Dis lagos ado is really abt nuffn!

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by otukpo(f): 6:38am On Aug 24, 2015
Some people are never tirrd of looking for trouble.
Re: Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by cybertyrant(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2015
CAN SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTIONS,PLEASE?
Re: Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by malele(m): 6:44am On Aug 24, 2015
uniklinkum:
This shiit is turning to communal madness for these folks. You lot are not the only one in Lagos, you irritants should stop bleating like cursed goats.
Guy pls that use the utterance of that stupid OP to judge others.
Re: Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by Femolacaster(m): 6:45am On Aug 24, 2015
uniklinkum:
Dont mind those mofos, they are the only tribe making the loudest noise about. They claim they developed lagos with their STREET HAWKINGS, 2 by 2 SHOPS, SALE OF SUBSTANDARD PRODUCTS etc, while they left their ancestral land under developed. NDI ARA

5 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by philfrey08: 6:47am On Aug 24, 2015
Because we dont even know whose state of origin is lagos state anymore.
The no mans land was actually mistaken.... I think i even find it more surprising if someone tells me they r from Abuja
Re: Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2015
your points are clear...
I insist that lagos is a no man's land...
what's lagos in Yoruba??

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Is A No Mans Land by Shekau1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
Lagos is my land, U folks should backoff!! angry angry Nonsense undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ten Great Facts About The Yoruba People. / Nigerian Twitter User Claims Pres. Buhari Is In A Coma / Where Is Sarrki, Omo Mola, Come Here And Show This Picture To Your Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.