Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie (15637 Views)

PDP Replies Aisha Buhari On Twitter / Anytime I Pass Throu These Roads To My Hometown, I Cant But Curse Jonathan & PDP / Buhari Is Not God And We Will Not Worship Him, PDP Replies APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by ucheo3: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
They didn't deceive him at all. They just did him 'The more you look the less you see'
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by ohworode20: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
They actually deceived him..
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by Rilwayne001: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusnApe tongue

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by texazzpete(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
Not a single living person in PDP is fit to lick the boots of Cardinal Okogie who Is well known for standing up for the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by texazzpete(m): 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
come to think of it, what really concerned clergy men or religious leaders in politics?

Cant they stay off politics?

Who should they leave it for? You?

It is possible to comment on political matters and remain honorable. Any Nigerian taxpayer has a right to comment on Nigerian politics.
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by ernecy(m): 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

bros forget any Biafra or ibo breakaway....it will never happen
why did you say so?, what are ur reasons?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by juliusjulius: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2542882/registration-close-please
I apologize for bothering you with my problems.
I'm an extra year student of oau Ile-Ife, and I'm encountering problem in paying for the extra session.
Registration Will Soon Close, Please Help Me.
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
Its a pity that d party dat didnt knw d difference btw deception & honesty ruled Nigeria 4 16 yrs. Who wont scam a mugu & a clueless fellow grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by tucky200(m): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
yorubatic:
Whatever you people can do to get your biafra. ..I am in support, unlike my coward folks who think they can't do without ibos. My people should start fighting for actualization of odua republic. ..we all have to learn to stand on our own... the Hausa / Fulani has to be on their own too.

I hate nigeria the way it is....we are not thesame people. ..the cowards should learn to be brave like ibos...I admire ibos even though their over chest beating irritates me...

Ibos should learn how to fight media war, not chest beating and making know all your little secret.
omo yeebhoe oshi

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by damrmd02(f): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
@PDP we also know that he was not decieved..He only decieve himself..
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by adesegun121(m): 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by yinkus204(m): 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
yorubatic:

Why don't we want Odu'a republic? Do you like the ibo that much? Dont you know they hate us? Can't we do with them? Are we cowards? Can't we govern ourselves? I want a sophisticated and progressive Odu'a republic
I can see it frm ur statement dat is either u ar jobless or ur income is 2k per month cos if u ar a senator just like me or even local government chairman u will nt b saying rubbish frm ur dirty mouth dat 9ja shud separate. Go get a better job my friend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by DaGC(m): 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
DONSMITH123:

“Cardinal Okogie should please maintain his role as a religious leader. He is someone who is respected; he should be wary of coming into the murky waters of politics. What has happened has happened,” Gani told Punch.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/24/yoruba-monarchs-did-not-deceive-jonathan-pdp-replies-okogie/

The points I like here. Religious and traditional leaders should steer clear of politics ans not be biased to their subjects.

Secondly, elections have come and gone. Nigerians should move forward. Like he said 'what has happened has happened'.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by nbisi: 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
don't really see anything wrong the clergy man said...they decieve n lied to him period.....
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by dododawa1: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
Their SCAM d idiot, yoruba get sense dye
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by bareal(m): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
DONSMITH123:
The Peoples Democratic Party has replied a former President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Cardinal Anthony Okogie, over his comment that Yoruba monarchs deceived former President Goodluck Jonathan during the election.

The party was reacting to a recent interview granted to a national daily by Okogie, where he said the picture of Jonathan squatting in the midst of some Yoruba traditional rulers, who were pointing sticks at him, was deceptive.

He had said, “Did you see the photograph I saw; you saw him in the midst of Obas; you saw the way they pointed their sticks (at him). If you are a Yoruba man, do they (monarchs) pray with that kind of thing? No way! ‘You want prayer? We will give you prayer.’ This means they were deceptive.”

Reacting to the statement, the Publicity Secretary of the PDP in Lagos State, Mr. Taofik Gani, flayed the cleric, describing the accusation as a deliberate attempt to embarrass the person of Jonathan and his party.

Gani noted that it would have been a disrespect to the monarchs if Jonathan had visited their domains without paying a courtesy visit on the royal fathers.

“With due regard to Cardinal Okogie, it may be coincidental that he is a progressive but a hidden politician in religion, who believes that the people in the APC are progressives. But I want to say without any iota of contradiction that it has always been convenient for Cardinal Okogie to support the APC and we know all these people. We also have them in the PDP who support us.

“So, we wouldn’t blame Cardinal Okogie. We have professionals, activists, religious leaders, who are also sympathetic to the PDP cause. What Okogie said, therefore, was deliberate; just to embarrass the PDP and the former President. The royal fathers have their traditional role which is not to have anybody as beloved. Everybody in their dynasty is regarded as their subjects.

“That Jonathan accorded them that regard of being royal fathers and that he consequently got their blessings was not wrong of the ex-President. On the contrary, they (the APC) were malicious against some royal fathers, which the PDP cautioned against.”

The PDP spokesperson further noted that President Muhammadu Buhari had also visited some royal fathers.

The party, therefore, queried Okogie for not criticising the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, for supporting a candidate of the APC during the last governorship election in Lagos State.

“We know the role the Oba of Lagos played. Is Cardinal Okogie oblivious of that fact? Why didn’t he generalise that all the Obas misled all the politicians? In fact, the xenophobic statement made by the Oba of Lagos could have destroyed the country.

“It is now the same xenophobia that the APC is quick to impose on our leader, Bode George. But it was the APC who influenced the verbal attacks through the Oba of Lagos, who was an obvious member of the APC by his actions.

“Cardinal Okogie should please maintain his role as a religious leader. He is someone who is respected; he should be wary of coming into the murky waters of politics. What has happened has happened,” Gani told Punch.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/24/yoruba-monarchs-did-not-deceive-jonathan-pdp-replies-okogie/
No they didn't decieve him, they aided his failure....
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
HE WAS NOT DECEIVED BUT SCAM

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by omolami: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
See who is talking. Is it not the same Cardinal Okogie who was cameraled making love to a prostitute in an hotel? Nigerians should not take him seriously . Pretender who is an APC apologist. Has nothing religious to preach.
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by bonechamberlain(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

God bless you my brother
amen. cool
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by bonechamberlain(m): 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
DONSMITH123:

May your tea never lack milk
amen. cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
The maga was scammed.
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by MrMcJay(m): 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
Some jobless dropouts are shouting that Nigeria should split. Poverty has a way of deforming some people mentally.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
disumusa:
most time these ibos reasoning upside down, do we need to educate any reasonable person that yorubas are not in suport of gej govt.
What brought Igbos into this now? Is cardinal Okogie an Igbo man? Or to you anyone not bearing Musa or Ade must be Igbo?
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by Manlado: 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2015
Themaingate:
HE WAS NOT DECEIVED BUT SCAM

Did the obas command your vote?
If not, tell us how he was scammed.

He lost an election in which there can be only one winner.
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by swezenberg(m): 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
When a king in yoruba point their staff at you, it means they are cursing you not praying for you. So the Cardinal was right. He must have read a lot about the Yoruba culture. The Oba's pray with horsetail not Staff.
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by Omeny: 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2015
Party priest politicians!
God is sharpening your canes small small!
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by hensben(m): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
yorubatic:

Are we admitting cowardice? Do you love the ibos that much? Does it mean we can't do without ibos?

Are you confirming that ibos are superior as the early missionary whites said? My brother this cowardice of us...shame
with your comment so far you are Igbo.
#coward.
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by Sheggy13(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
yorubatic:

Are we admitting cowardice? Do you love the ibos that much? Does it mean we can't do without ibos?

Are you confirming that ibos are superior as the early missionary whites said? My brother this cowardice of us...shame
Be proud enough to claim the Igbo that you are instead of fooling yourself here on Nairaland claiming Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie by hensben(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
dododawa1:
Their SCAM d idiot, yoruba get sense dye
and this what the south east lack #politics with sense.
If Yoruba decides to have Odua nation it wouldn't take them long. Everything nor be by chest beating or gra gra but wisdom.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Appoints Patience Oniha As DG Of Debt Management Office / Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill / Terrorists Invade Kaduna Community On Christmas Day, Kill Resident, Abduct 45

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.