Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? (1462 Views)

10 Top Sandals To Wear On A Date / I Need A Girl For A Casual Date / She Turned Down His Proposal, He Decided To Wear The Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by OldGist(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
I feel dumb for asking this...but I am a polo t-shirt and jeans type of person. And am always comfortable wearing round-neck body fitted polo. Should I just dress like I normally would (Jeans & Polo)...Or try to dress up a little? Seems like the girls I date get so dressed up..fix the hair, wear cute stuffs, etc I feel like I should put more effort...!
Remember: It's my first date, we met on Facebook, we've been into relationship for 3 months NOW; so I don't want look buggy... Thanks

MODIFIED: She's the one hosting me o
Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by boboLIL(m): 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dress as usually joor... Just be sharp and neat....

Na ur pocket go finally rate wela
Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by DaGC(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dude, its casual date, so be casual. Just were something comfortable and have a good time.

Worry less, live more.
Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by Peachess(f): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
Just dress the way you like as far as it's neat, presentable and you're comfortable with it. Don't go there overdressed just because you're trying to impress 'cos it'll make you look silly. Be yourself don't try to be someone you're not.
Lol, first dates sha

1 Like

Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2015
dress up tat is comfortable and it really suits u…and don't forget to bring cash too cool
Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by redvektor(m): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
tie wrapper and polo u will be just fine
Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by Richy4(m): 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
It depends on where you are taking her to.

Round neck polo/ golf shirts is OK if you are going to the beach, zoo, or for nature park.

But it is a no no if you are going to a cool restaurant.

There's something called smart casual. It goes this way
(Long sleeve / short sleeve shirt, jeans and canvas shoes or boots ) you don't have to tuck in your shirt.

Dressing that way will not make you look over dressed in any way. neither will it make you look too casual.

And I don't know why but I like folding my long sleeve shirts. When on smart casual. It makes me feel comfortable.

2 Likes

Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by OldGist(m): 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
Richy4:
It depends on where you are taking her to.

Round neck polo/ golf shirts is OK if you are going to the beach, zoo, or for nature park.

But it is a no no if you are going to a cool restaurant.

There's something called smart casual. It goes this way
(Long sleeve / short sleeve shirt, jeans and canvas shoes or boots ) you don't have to tuck in your shirt.

Dressing that way will not make you look over dressed in any way. neither will it make you look too casual.

And I don't know why but I like folding my long sleeve shirts. When on smart casual. It makes me feel comfortable.

Thanks for stopping by bruh.. We're meeting either at a nature park or restaurant.. but the problem there is that she's the one to take me out.
Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by donholy28(m): 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2015
Wear long sleeves with plain trousers or red jeans
Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by badinfluence: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
OldGist:
I feel dumb for asking this...but I am a polo t-shirt and jeans type of person. And am always comfortable wearing round-neck body fitted polo. Should I just dress like I normally would (Jeans & Polo)...Or try to dress up a little? Seems like the girls I date get so dressed up..fix the hair, wear cute stuffs, etc I feel like I should put more effort...!
Remember: It's my first date, we met on Facebook, we've been into relationship for 3 months NOW; so I don't want look buggy... Thanks

MODIFIED: She's the one hosting me o
Put on the full armour of christ
Re: What To Wear On A Casual Date For The First Time? by horexy(f): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
[size=14pt]Jeans and a cool T shirt would do...it's a casual date...or do u wanna wear a tux? cheesy
Just look smart and neat...and above all, be u.
U would do just fine.
Enjoy ur date whenever it is grin[/size]

(1) (Reply)

The Flimsiest Breakup Excuse / Pls Help, Should I Be Worried? / The Most Painful Thing In Life And The Most Happiest Day Of Your Life Is....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.