Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. (64173 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Sends Relief To Idps In Plateau State / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo’s $40m Private Jet Parked At His Hangar / See What Bishop Oyedepo Says On His Retirement After Adeboye Stepped Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by nonjebose(m): 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
[quote author=Genycharl post=37298768][/quote]lol, at least it is yielding some results. By the way, I think she meant what she said
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
nonjebose:
Confirmento. It saves the debate on who does what in a relationship
True.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
This topic sweet pass sugar ni cheesy

The next two days, guy and ladies never pack their tents and mats from here o...oh baby, let's go, oya! grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
JudgementHammer:

Lolz. I understand ur feeling. But truely the reasons why Africa is a continent after God's heart is bcus:

-our laws and culture is in tune with God's laws except 4 idolatry unlike d western culture.

-our women are the pillars of lasting marriage, not the men. Its just this civilization that is causing yawa now. God weh manufacture marriage don give user's manual follow am come.

Very soon men will start marrying goat and women will be marrying dogs in the western world as advancement in civilization from gay and lesb

The western culture understands that the Bible is a scam hence why they are advanced in all ways and we over here in the dark continent known as africa are queuing up in the millions to go to Obodo Yinbo.

Once you remove yourself from any organized religion, you will be further ahead than your contemporaries because you will have emancipated your mind from the shackles and bondages of religion.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Dcmg2(m): 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
"Submissive".That word sounds somehow.The sound no pure atall for a fellow human.
I would rather go for a word like "respect".

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Huh? Advertisement as in? Did i tell you I'm looking for a man? So i shouldn't air my views again? What if i had felt the other way round what would i be doing? Still advertisement? Smh

Is this how you will be submissive to your husband by always airing you views to every word he says. By their fruits ye shall know them. Talk is cheap.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dcmg2:
"Submissive".That word sounds somehow.The sound no pure atall for a fellow human.
I would rather go for a word like "respect".

Yes respect is the key word. Do unto others what you will want them to do unto you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by jutino(f): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2015
bezimo:
I can second what the bishop stated having related with western girls, Equality of right is the mind set of oyibo girl, so divorce is the inevitable end of their relationship since the wife will not submit to the husband, Nigerian girls want to follow suit, I wonder if they want their marriages to be like the west. They must think again oh!!!
Husband love your wife and it should show in the way you relate and treat her, Wife submit to the husband and stop squaring up to him or arguing with him every time and there would be a peaceful and prosperous marriage like Bishop has of 33 years and still counting.
well of all the post I decided to quote U because I just need someone sincere to say the truth how about a man that every misunderstanding with his wife the only thing that comes out of his mouth is that he's tired of the marriage that the woman is a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by 247notire(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
sinizia:

Don't blame Christianity. Blame the pastor that's talking like women are meant to be slaves. That a woman is meant to be submissive doesn't mean women should be slaves when they are being beaten and abused. Common sense dictates any lady should walk away in such situations and God won't begrudge her. When God commanded the children to obey their parents, he doesn't mean they should kill someone all in the name of obedience or obey their parent at all times even when they will be committing sin. A woman can and should only submit to a man that loves her like Christ loves the church, which is what God commanded we men to do for the submisveness to come from the women.
Most reasonable post here so far. A philosopher talking.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by haul: 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, You'll be shocked to know how 'old' I really am but that doesn't even change anything, I'd still be me were I a hundred years old, I can never settle for less, and as long as I don't demand for superiority, I am good to go.

I treat people the way I'd want to be treated, be you who.

I had to goto your topics one by one, sieving them poco a poco so I don't get lost. one thing I deduced is that, you a free thinker,you want to go deep into life,explore length and width.

You a domino,your dominating nature won't allow you to be submissive to a man no matter how it is cause you indirectly see yourself as a man in woman form also.

Life confuses you the more you go,you want explanation for every question bugging you,you love science,you can't tell if you an atheist,theist or just a living being.

Infact! You puzzle me! Relax small lady,life is hard after all it kills us.

Your previous comments actually made me to want to know your personality,cool thing but easy does it tho, deny it or not I've seen some element you want a man in your life in one of your comment but your domineering spirit is an obstacle. Peace woman.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by osazekid(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
MrDenygerian:
Yes women,.. be submissive like slaves.

If he beats you, be submissive.
If he hits the kids, be submissive.
If he changed after marriage, lost his job, and takes your salary because he paid your bride 'price', be submissive.

Do this all in the name of Christ.
1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Fools.

ignorance, you are very short of understanding. .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
haul:

I had to goto your topics one by one, sieving them poco a poco so I don't get lost. one thing I deduced is that, you a free thinker,you want to go deep into life,explore length and width.

You a domino,your dominating nature won't allow you to be submissive to a man no matter how it is cause you indirectly see yourself as a man in woman form also.

Life confuses you the more you go,you want explanation for every question bugging you,you love science,you can't tell if you an atheist,theist or just a living being.

Your previous comments actually made me to want to know your personality,cool thing but easy does it tho, deny it or not I've seen some element you want a man in your life in one of your comment but your domineering spirit is an obstacle. Peace woman.

She is not domineering. You only see it that way because you are intimidated by her. She comes across as a very intelligent and confident lady. Nothing sexier than a confident woman. That is why you wanted to know more of her but your corwardice spirit got in the way. Too bad.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by JudgementHammer: 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
kmcutez:

The western culture understands that the Bible is a scam hence why they are advanced in all ways and we over here in the dark continent known as africa are queuing up in the millions to go to Obodo Yinbo.

Once you remove yourself from any organized religion, you will be further ahead than your contemporaries because you will have emancipated your mind from the shackles and bondages of religion.

Emancipation from shackles; what shackles?Emancipation that will lead to breaking the laws of the creator of life and yet expect same results as when the laws are obeyed? OR

Advancement of sleeping with same sex and marriages inspired by self lust and convinience?

Even philosophers(not religion) would tell u that there's no true freedom outside being under authority. Anybody who wants freedom and that freedom is about not being under authority anymore, such a person is on the expressroad to destruction

You were born into a life created by someone, common sense only teaches that the more u cling to that person who designed d life long b4 he created you (by obeying his laws), the better for you. Besides what's even d advancement in having world fame of bastardized marriages

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
ramalot:

Why did black people fight slavery, when the bible expressly endorses it? undecided
I bet Oyedepo conveniently skips those portions of his bible.

Common sense.
Where does the Bible endorse slavery?
Besides the Bible can only be understood by those who believe. The Ethiopian eunuch as educated as he was could not understand it. Since obviously you can't quit attacking it until you believe. And Oyedepo was only talking to those who believe the Bible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by haul: 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
kmcutez:

She is not domineering. You only see it that way because you are intimidated by her. She comes across as a very intelligent and confident lady. Nothing sexier than a confident woman. No homo.

Woman relax, intimidated? That's too funny please.

She ooze of intelligence, my first time noticing the moniker though. Yeah I agree confident is sexy only if you find cocky people cool too

She's as atom of dominance in her, her comments prompt me to profile her and I was awed how someone could be that stonehearted .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
kmcutez:

Is this how you will be submissive to your husband by always airing you views to every word he says. By their fruits ye shall know them. Talk is cheap.
Really? Aren't you tired of twisting thing. Don't lie just because you want to prove me wrong..like i said, i only aired my view so you can also air yours. What did i say in that comment? Pls, you are bigger than dis...Can't you see i didn't bother to reply your last post because i got tired of the mention. I also said " there's nothing we can achieve on our own without Christ helping us" i really don't get why you are taking this too personal. Seriously, i don't get it. Pls, I'm not trying to attack you so pls don't attack me. Shey, by their feet ba? Then let it be! I'm not here to prove anything to you. Pls, let's learn how to tolerant other people's views in spite of all your comments i didn't make funny comment about them so pls let me be, biko!

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by haul: 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
kmcutez:

She is not domineering. You only see it that way because you are intimidated by her. She comes across as a very intelligent and confident lady. Nothing sexier than a confident woman. That is why you wanted to know more of her but your corwardice spirit got in the way. Too bad.

You talk about cowardice? Please nothing is more coward than going back to edit your post to get at me, but I won't allow you ensnare me,too tired for debate.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 10:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
kmcutez:

How do you know that confident ladies are sexy are you a lesbian?
Only confident people can be submissive. Only the strong can be submissive, weak people like you fear submissive women because they are bold and strong enough to do what you can't do. Cowards who are not confident of themselves are scared of being submissive. So stop being a coward

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by obiak4(m): 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
Midehi:

i pray you get a better and loyal man
amen as you prayed for her you too should cool down and also get a humble and loyal man
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
haul:

Lol, dude there are phases in life and you are right, I have questions just like everyone does, the difference between other people and I, is that I try to find answers to those questions, if you must know, I was once theist and now agnostic atheist and I am sure I'm a living being.

You really are funny, I have a man dude and it shouldn't come as a surprise should you know how many men I have to say 'No' to many atimes, I don't want to dominate anyone, I just won't also be dominated, I believe in mutual respect and anyone who has a problem with that can go his/her way.

Why won't I want a man? I'm not gay for crying out loud and No, I don't see myself as a man, I am very comfortable being a woman, I just recognise the fact that I don't deserve to be treated with lesser regard because of my gender, we are all equals as humans.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by nwakaibeya1: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
Behold,John 5,30 Yet another Sunday of sermons that don't empower humanbeigns spiritually by story telling pastors&prophets for spiritualy blind bornagain followers and church goers?bornagains and church goers enjoy it and continue to shout pastor ride on and still remain in evil family&occult wickedness and bondages and can't sleep in the night and witches and wizards feast on them without mercy and pastors and prophets and apostles continue to use bornagains and church goers to make merchandise of their bellies without giving them empowerment and liberation and most importantly give followers PEACE which Jesuschrist promised to give to those who come to him?just immagine how many people that have read this kind of regular story ?see Jeremiah 12,10,Jeremiah 5,21,22 why not arise and help yourself and Seek for unbeleivable power and recieve it, which is LIGHT,MANTLE and THE POWER THAT BE and this is available only if you believe there is >many just claim bornagain without spiritual eyes and unbelievable power and they hate change and new things of real JESUSCHRIST even when they read that God will do a new Thing but they still question the same God why he is doing a new Thing? What a disaster humanbeings of the world.BEHOLD kingdom of God of Jesuschrist is not for everyone,neither is heaven for everyone, devil has his own children always and devils children hate change, we have spoken again and those who have ear let them hear and who can battle with God of justice?remember this is authority and truth&revelation and power that is unbelievable to humanbeigns so it's not compulsory that you must embrace and believe us even when we say you dont need night vigil and fasting for jesuschrist to hear you and live inside of you,but only time will tell who is telling the truth or not as conventional and in vogue #NEVER, this is accept the truth or perish we dont beg human beigns to accept our truth and revelation Jesuschrist did not beg human beigns to be bornagain he said go and sin no more and come to me all ye that are tired of carrying heavy evil loads, so it means you must meet a condition before you come to him Jesuschrist and not as they are begging you to come & be bornagain, what nonsense that some one should be begged to worship his creator or send bus to carry you to come and worship he that created you and created heaven &earth?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
JudgementHammer:

Emancipation from shackles; what shackles?Emancipation that will lead to breaking the laws of the creator of life and yet expect same results as when the laws are obeyed? OR

Advancement of sleeping with same sex and marriages inspired by self lust and convinience?

Even philosophists(not religion) would tell u that here's no true freedom outside being under authority. Anybody who wants freedom and that freedom is about not being under authority anymore, such a person is on the expressroad to to destruction

You were born into a life created by someone, common sense only teaches that the more u cling to that person who designed d life long b4 he created you, the better for you. Besides what's even d advancement in having world fame of bastardized marriages

Who is the creator of life. He should present himself to us and stop playing hide and seek.

And what is wrong with same sex marriages and homosexuality. Because a religious book told you it is a sin, therefore you hate, and this hate causes you to infringe on the rights of others.

Are there no laws guarding the western worlds. There are laws in every country guiding each and every one of her citizens. Must it be from a religious book that was written to enslave mankind.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by obiak4(m): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Midehi:

thank you my dear...if only they can stick to their wife alone and render the business closed, no man, no ashewo.
the oldest profession even after adam n eve
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 10:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Really? Aren't you tired of twisting thing. Don't lie just because you want to prove me wrong..like i said, i only aired my view so you can also air yours. What did i say in that comment? Pls, you are bigger than dis...Can't you see i didn't bother to reply your last post because i got tired of the mention. I also said " there's nothing we can achieve on our own without Christ helping us" i really don't get why you are taking this too personal. Seriously, i don't get it. Pls, I'm not trying to attack you so pls don't attack me. Shey, by their feet ba? Then let it be! I'm not here to prove anything to you. Pls, let's learn how to tolerant other people's views in spite of all comments i didn't make funny comment about them so pls let me be, biko!
My sister don't mind them. God will bless you with a good man. Those who wants to fight and quarrel with their husbands every step of the way to push prove their meaningless equality should be given rough men who will beat them black and blue.
Submissiveness is not absence of confidence or strength but a deliberate decision to place yourself under the leadership of your husband according to divine will. Only a true Christian woman who fears God can achieve that. Submission is an act of humility. Pride is the reason most women fight against submission.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
dinachi:

My sister don't mind them. God will bless you with a good man. Those who wants to fight and quarrel with their husbands every step of the way to push prove their meaningless equality should be given rough men who will beat them black and blue.
Submissiveness is not absence of confidence or strength but a deliberate decision to place yourself under the leadership of your husband according to divine will. Only a true Christian woman who fears God can achieve that. Submission is an act of humility. Pride is the reason most women fight against submission.
Thank you and God bless you too. You are so on point

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by haul: 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, dude

Why won't I want a man? I'm not gay for crying out loud and No, I don't see myself as a man, I am very comfortable being a woman, I just recognise the fact that I don't deserve to be treated with lesser regard because of my gender, we are all equals as humans.

Cool.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
Mr Oyedepo go and seat in the toilet abeg.. Still waiting for you to unleash the gates of hell... Smh..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by obiak4(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And your greediness and avarice for opulence is failing Christ. So Mr remove the log in your eyes before remove the peg in your brother's eyes!
feminis..... Alert sighted
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
dinachi:

How do you know that confident ladies are sexy are you a lesbian?
Only confident people can be submissive. Only the strong can be submissive, weak people like you fear submissive women because they are bold and strong enough to do what you can't do. Cowards who are not confident of themselves are scared of being submissive. So stop being a coward

Confident people are strong and they are balanced in every facet of their life. They know when to be submissive and when to be assertive, so they are both submissive and assertive, that is what makes them strong and confident and balanced.

I neither fear being submissive nor being assertive. I know when to be submissive and I know when to be assertive. My submissiveness has conditions and is not unconditional.

I will not be submissive to a cheat, a liar, a wife beater or someone that does not love or respect me etc. If that makes me a coward that is fine with me.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by MykLANNY(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
Rich4god:
I been wan reply you, but as I see ur dp, I just gv up...
Wat?.. Bros u no try at all.. As a matter of fact dis is d greatest in**lt i ave evr read all my life.. More elbow to ur grease.. Lwkmd
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by JudgementHammer: 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
kmcutez:

Who is the creator of life. He should present himself to us and stop playing hide and seek.

And what is wrong with same sex marriages and homosexuality. Because a religious book told you it is a sin therefore you hate infringing on the rights of others.

Are there no laws guarding the western worlds. There are laws in every country guiding each and every one of their citizens. Must it be from a religious book that was written to enslave mankind.
Aah! Ur matter na yabaleft case

If u don marry I pity ur hubby cus u re a time bomb awaiting explosion

If u never marry, pls I advice don't marry in d next 5yrs. You have a lot of work to do on urself, ur psychy, ur widenend desires that is above reality. You need to work ur mind to conform to d real world u find urself and of course ask God for many 4giveness

Lol u don't even knw who u shd be. You just proved that 'truth is bitter'

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
haul:

Woman relax, intimidated? That's too funny please.

She ooze of intelligence, my first time noticing the moniker though. Yeah I agree confident is sexy only if you find cocky people cool too

She's as atom of dominance in her, her comments prompt me to profile her and I was awed how someone could be that stonehearted .

Everyone has an atom of dominance and submissiveness in them. Depends on which one is more dominant. I find cocky people cool too if there is a balance in their cockiness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Stephanie Otobo Shows Money Apostle Suleman Paid Her Via Statement Of Account / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Coza’s Rape Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.