Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. (64203 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Sends Relief To Idps In Plateau State / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo’s $40m Private Jet Parked At His Hangar / See What Bishop Oyedepo Says On His Retirement After Adeboye Stepped Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 1:30am On Aug 25, 2015
[quote author=ramalot post=37303423]

Here are two examples, out of many in the Old Testament.

Leviticus 25:44-46

As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.

Titus 2:9-10

Slaves are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.

You conveniently left out Galatians 3:28 and Colosians 3:11 where the Bible declared no bond or free in Christ.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by hauwawu(f): 2:01am On Aug 25, 2015
kestolove95:
Rubbish...wat abt d men dat can stick dia prick to one toto?
. this is the exact thing he is talking about
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 25, 2015
cococandy:
Let them lie around and what for those only interested in massaging their egos.
*The women will change.
*Pray for the cheating abusive men.
*Stay and die in the marriage.
*Cover up for them when they rape their children and house girls
*Wear combat kits and go fight off their numerous mistresses.
*let's not forget the red pants and black bra grin and their favorite meals

Yet the problem will remain. Because no one has the little 'wisdom' to understand that marriage is a two way street and not dependent on the wife alone to make it work.

When has being told what you want to hear instead of the truth ever helped anyone?

Thank god for your friend.
And having a boyfriend/girlfriend is a sin. You aren't suppose to be dating; after all dating isn't in the Bible.
I won't describe as a feminist, but rational or enlightened people should know that marriage ain't a one-person show.
Lol @ your sixth point tho
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ramalot(m): 2:53am On Aug 25, 2015
smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by corektchic: 3:07am On Aug 25, 2015
[quote author=trapQ post=37302611]double standards. you're interpreting the bible wrongly. you do know that the bible also said "love your wife even as Christ loves the church and gave himself for it" right? so going by what you said, men should also love their wives whether they are submissive and cheat or not. after all JESUS loved and died for us while we were yet sinners.[/quot]

Ur d best on ds thread. This is sooo making sense

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 25, 2015
Its the truth 100%.

The power they give women here has even pass equality O.
One small foolish girl can just falsely accuse you of rape and fuckup your entire life. It happens a lot.
Iyanya got a taste of it. Good thing he ran back to naija. There is at least still sanity there....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 25, 2015
ebonflex:
Its the truth 100%.

The power they give women here has even pass equality O.
One small foolish girl can just falsely accuse you of rape and fuckup your entire life. It happens a lot.
Iyanya got a taste of it. Good thing he ran back to naija. There is at least still sanity there....
Although I dislike false accusations, I'll have to say this society treats women better. Unlike in Naija, the govt doesn't require a husband's consent before a married woman is issued a passport.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by cococandy(f): 3:53am On Aug 25, 2015
CFCfan:

And having a boyfriend/girlfriend is a sin. You aren't suppose to be dating; after all dating isn't in the Bible.
I won't describe as a feminist, but rational or enlightened people should know that marriage ain't a one-person show.
Lol @ your sixth point tho
haha.

grin
Point 6 never fails. The infamous red pant and bra
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 25, 2015
cococandy:
haha.

grin
Point 6 never fails. The infamous red pant and bra
Spicy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by safarigirl(f): 4:09am On Aug 25, 2015
The kind of barbaric men I see here and mumu women, some people will be filling forms before they go anywhere in the name of 'submission' in marriage. Fear some Christian brothers, 80% of the time, they're worse than 'unbeleivers'. Dem go dey beat and r-ape you, still dey quote scripture ontop

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Refino(m): 4:28am On Aug 25, 2015
[quote author=shizzy7 post=37290429]submissive WITHOUT CONDITIONS hahahaha

There are Unsubmissive Conditions..[/quote

Women should submit to their husbands in the Lord but
apologetically refuse to bow down to idols,offer alcohol n light up cigarettes for the husband because they are evil acts before the Lord the Righteous Judge who can kill the body n send a sinful soul to hell
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Seventeen(f): 5:06am On Aug 25, 2015
Men just love it when women are condemned, and vice versa. Hahahaha.... am just imagining how different the comments here would have been had the bishop said marriages were failing due to lack of love, infidelity and irresponsibility on the part of men. The men would have bn commenting differently likewise the women. Lets stop kidding ourselves, we all know that both men and women have abandoned the rules, standards, principles, laws & commandments given by God concerning marriage. No particular sex is soley responsible for d high rate of marriage failure and i believe the Bishop does not mean that only women are at fault for broken marriages. This particular statement was probably necessitated by the topic of d day or whatever, i wasnt at the service.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by lastnogood(f): 5:16am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

Truly the Bible,is foolishness to those who do not believe but to those who do,it is the power of God. Again marriage is not by force, you can remain single if you do not want to be submissive to your husband.

And who said that marriage is not by force? Let's see how you will not be forced into marriage if you are an only child!! Or if you were raped and the rapist paid bride price to your father (A story I read here on Nairaland) Let's not be foolish now, marriage can be by force, especially towards women!

I completely agree with a woman choosing to submit to her husband, granted she was able to choose him herself. My own grandmother was forced into an abusive painful marriage that scars her to this day. She was submissive to the point that he walked all over her, he even molested her family members, and she was made to throw them out and still be a submissive wife to him. A prayerful woman to the end, God heard her prayer and my grandfather died early to put her out of her misery. The worst part was that my grandfather was a pastor!!! So my reaction is, if a woman is allowed to prayerfully consider and choose her spouse as God sent, and she's a Christian she'll submit.

Also submission isn't mindless obedience. Imagine you're completing a project at work, everyone on the team has their role, but the lead is responsible for how the project fares, if the project didn't do well, it's the leads fault. So the others make sure they follow the leads directions, because at the end of the day, when something happens, it's not their fault. In the same way, when something goes wrong, it's only right that the man as the head of the home take full responsibility. If our finances crash, it's his fault. If he becomes a cheat, it's his fault. If our children make mistakes, it's his fault. Because he should have been presiding (note NOT micro-managing or nitpicking) over every aspect of the family.

So, to me, this is a call to the men, as mush as to women.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 25, 2015
Vickybee/Victoriabee hope you've heard,so stop your women equality to men crusade
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ekwe1(m): 6:21am On Aug 25, 2015
kestolove95:
Rubbish...wat abt d men dat can stick dia prick to one toto?
Did you read till the end?. If you did, then I blame it on your low IQ which is not longer than my name.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 6:30am On Aug 25, 2015
trapQ:
pls be submissive. when your husband beats you, cheats on you left right and center, drinks to stupor, keeps late nights, asks you to cook meals at 2am, just be submissive like a robot. and don't come here crying sooner or later that someone cheated on you, just be submissive.

hypocrite!
Honestly, that last word you just called me...coming from someone like you, i really don't care so you call me dat from now till next generation it doesn't move me.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:36am On Aug 25, 2015
Is this not the man that slaps?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 6:43am On Aug 25, 2015
lastnogood:

And who said that marriage is not by force? Let's see how you will not be forced into marriage if you are an only child!! Or if you were raped and the rapist paid bride price to your father (A story I read here on Nairaland) Let's not be foolish now, marriage can be by force, especially towards women!

I completely agree with a woman choosing to submit to her husband, granted she was able to choose him herself. My own grandmother was forced into an abusive painful marriage that scars her to this day. She was submissive to the point that he walked all over her, he even molested her family members, and she was made to throw them out and still be a submissive wife to him.
Go and read proverbs 14 Vs 1. The success or failure of a marriage depends largely on a womans attitude. That is the point the Bishop was making. But you are free to attack and abuse the Bible one day you will meet your creator and your eyes go clear.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 6:47am On Aug 25, 2015
ramalot:

How have I conveniently left out anything?

What I expect from you is to show how the examples I gave "DO NOT" endorse slavery. That is the point being made.

All you've done is point out a verse which advocates equality. This of course is a direct contradiction of the slavery advocacy in other verses.
The bible of course, is one of the biggest body of contradictions known to man - so no surprise there.

in order for your example verse to be accepted, the other verses I gave have to be denounced.
In doing so, are we to then conclude that part of the bible is junk?

If yes, then who decides what part is junk and which is not?
This brings us back full circle to my point. People only advocate portions of religious text that support their rhetoric.
You missed it entirely! The Bible declared all free in Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11. Read with understanding!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 6:54am On Aug 25, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Honestly, that last word you just called me...coming from someone like you, i really don't care so you call me dat from now till next generation it doesn't move me.
My sister dont mind them! Those are bitter women who hate God and the Bible. If you insist on obeying God they call you hypochrite but if you attack the Bible they call you their hero! Let them keep disobeying God and keep suffering in their marriage! They have itching ears, they only want to hear what suits them.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by trapQ: 6:56am On Aug 25, 2015
oya sorry!! so someone cannot play with with again wink
ammyluv2002:
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by megley(f): 6:57am On Aug 25, 2015
subterfuge:
more than Ten million (10 million) PROSTITUTES (ASHEWO'S) EXIST IN LAGOS STATE ALONE.
THESE WOMEN CAN SLEEP WITH 20 TO 30 DIFFERENT MEN EVERYDAY.
THEY DISTRACT SOME MEN FROM THEIR WIVES

Disract them how? Did they put a gun on their heads & force them to look their way or to DO them?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by trapQ: 6:58am On Aug 25, 2015
thank you my dear[quote author=corektchic post=37303930][/quote]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 7:06am On Aug 25, 2015
Seventeen:
Men just love it when women are condemned, and vice versa. Hahahaha.... am just imagining how different the comments here would have been had the bishop said marriages were failing due to lack of love, infidelity and irresponsibility on the part of men. The men would have bn commenting differently likewise the women. Lets stop kidding ourselves, we all know that both men and women have abandoned the rules, standards, principles, laws & commandments given by God concerning marriage. No particular sex is soley responsible for d high rate of marriage failure and i believe the Bishop does not mean that only women are at fault for broken marriages. This particular statement was probably necessitated by the topic of d day or whatever, i wasnt at the service.
The success or failure of marriage lies largely on the woman. Submit to your husband or keep suffering in your marriage.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 7:09am On Aug 25, 2015
corektchic:

What makes sense here?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by noblegrex: 7:13am On Aug 25, 2015
chinoasa:
how does dis poo u said relates to the topic..
if u don't know how to read or read and understand please as some to do that for u,not some1 like u. But if u can,u can go back to d write up and read again B4 u make any comment.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Just imagine, so the woman should keep being submissive and prayerful and God will bring back wayward men home.

Christianity and misogyny, smh.
No, turn wayward yourself. When you knew that two wrong can never make a right. If you are a real christian you 'll know the power of prayer and obedience to the world of God.
Beside love conquereth all, you can conquer him by love.
*shalom*
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by noblegrex: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2015
Midehi:

thank you my dear...if only they can stick to their wife alone and render the business closed, no man, no ashewo.
ok na... That's why u girls don't want to be submissive ehn! No wahala,I don't even want them to change so that I can have course to straff well,well. Me 80,90,even above I still dey bang dey go n let's c who gain or lost.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by tonigreen: 7:43am On Aug 25, 2015
ammyluv2002:
He's right! God bless him for saying the truth. Women are the problem we have today as in we just no wan agree.

We are so heady & annoying. You don't rub shoulders with a man all in the name of civilisation #Trash

A woman ought to be submissive to her hubby without conditions

God Bless you Ammyluv......
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

If you have these qualities,why are you still being obdurate about submitting to your husbands authority?

What authority?? I am not married but even if I was, the keyword is respect. We will respect each other, take decisions together, treat each other how we would like to be treated etc.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2015
Uhm....I read the news in another blog and a member of winners chapel said he was in that programme and their bishop never said it that way. The guy said their bishop would never say things like that
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2015
MrDenygerian:
Yes women,.. be submissive like slaves.

If he beats you, be submissive.
If he hits the kids, be submissive.
If he changed after marriage, lost his job, and takes your salary because he paid your bride 'price', be submissive.

Do this all in the name of Christ.
1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Fools.

Lol you so funny....lmao

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Coza’s Rape Saga / I Have Slept With Two Reverend Fathers - Nigerian Preacher Confesses (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.