Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. (64165 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Sends Relief To Idps In Plateau State / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo’s $40m Private Jet Parked At His Hangar / See What Bishop Oyedepo Says On His Retirement After Adeboye Stepped Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Well, you generalised and that's not right, you should speak for yourself, because you believe he is right, you are saying the others are wrong and because we don't agree and think he is wrong, there'll be an argument, the civil thing is to prove how he is right.
Seriously, there's no way i will prove my point without using the word "women" and that's no way you would prove me wrong without using that same word.

Well, just want to you know that i only said something i felt was right without any intention. Just like saying "Nigerians are beautiful" does that mean everyone in Nigeria is beautiful? I just want you to get my point sha

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Fidelcruiz(m): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
Irrespective of the fact that they(the west) brought up civilization, they are indirectly dragging some to hell. Our ladies shouldn't imitate the western whores all in the name of women liberation
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
Midehi:

thank you my dear...if only they can stick to their wife alone and render the business closed, no man, no ashewo.
Eating a Balance diet is d best gf. grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ikiriye:

You will hit the rock if you have this mentality.advice change it and pray
Thank you, but I love me this way as regards issues concerning relationships/marriage.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
VickJames:
It is simple, ladies. If you don't want to be submissive, why can't you stay single and remain unmarried?

The submissive ones will be looking for husband while the feminist will enslave the good husband materials everywhere. Please, if you don't want to be submissive, its not a must be married. Never was it stated anywhere that marriage is a must.

I think you'll feel happier when you're single if you don't want to be submissive. I'm not saying men shouldn't love their wives, but when you try to rub shoulder to shoulder with men, it is not right.

Whether you like it or not, its a man's world! I say it again, its a man's world! Its because things have changed, women are now behaving anyhow. These days, women complain about absolutely everything. If its not their way, the whole house will not hear word. They won't want you to come close to them. Everything must be their way! Women are unbearable! Chai!

Treat your man like a king, give him a home to relax. Let him see a home where he is going. Free him from too many problems. Please!
GOD DID NOT CREATE EVE AND ADAM BUT RATHER CREATE ADAM AND probably YEARS LATER, HE CREATED EVE.

AS FOR THE FEMINIST! YOU WILL DIE MISERABLE

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
Idrismusty97:
I am sure Jesus would say same...hoops he already did. Thank you Jesus for letting it clear to our women that you created every woman a slave to man cheesy. I am sure the verses in the Bible that demand submissiveness from women to men are uncountable.

You need Jesus in your life, come meet me and expect me to be your slave

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Eating a Balance diet is d best gf. grin
so sticking to one woman is not a balance diet right? funny you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Akuneshiobike(m): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
Women matter no be here oo!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Ikiriye(m): 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
Oyind17:

He is the poorest I have seen here

Lol
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by cococandy(f): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
babygirlfl:

There is hope after all.

Do people still listen to this man?
Wasn't he the one narrating his early married life and how he used to mistreat his wife to test her faith.
One time she was having a miscarriage and he still ignored her while ordering her to make his food and serve him.
Or was it the time he locked her in a car with a mad man?

Tufiakwa marriage advice from this man.
Only misogynists and sadists won't see something wrong with his opinions about women.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by tclever: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
kestolove95:
Rubbish...wat abt d men dat can stick dia prick to one toto?
Ur picture has replied you!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
Midehi:

so sticking to one woman is not a balance diet right? funny you.
Variety is d spice of life gf. Some kitten re super nutricious grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by angelofurlife: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Just imagine, so the woman should keep being submissive and prayerful and God will bring back wayward men home.

Christianity and misogyny, smh.
i don't think that's what he said.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Seriously, there's no way i will prove my point without using the word "women" and that's no way you would prove me wrong without using that same word.
Ofcourse I know that, I am speaking for all women on how I think it should be, now because we don't agree(due to the fact that you generalised) I am saying you should prove to me how he is right.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Jeromejnr(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
starlingslimnet:
His interpretation of the famous Scripture "Wife be submissive to your husband" and his note on being carried away by the "things of the world"Don't expect him to say the latter Looking at his own status.

So how do you know his heart if he is carried away by the things of this world? Is it because he is wealthy that you just jumped to that conclusion?

or are you of the fold that believe God wants us to be poor?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Idrismusty97(m): 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
Oyind17:

You need Jesus in your life, come meet me and expect me to be your slave

Jesus/God/peter/Timothy this Bishop Oyedepo and literary everyone in the Bible said so. You are not a good Christian smiley.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
angelofurlife:
i don't think that's what he said.
Please tell me what he said.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by angelofurlife: 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
Phema:
I foresee marriages getting better and stronger when these so-called men of God start addressing their fellow men and advising them to love their wives as Christ loves the church.

Until then, we are just running round in circles and marriages will keep hitting the rocks. Because today's women have started demanding accountability from their men and have made the 'submissiveness' clause conditional.

Can't say I blame them.
true talk

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
When an African man says a woman should be submissive to her husband, he means she should be a slave.

So, should a woman submit to a serial adulterer ?? - NO

Should a woman submit to a wife beater ?? - NO

Should a woman submit to a cheat, fraudster, child molester etc - NO

When the bible says be submissive, it simply means respect and not to allow yourself to be a door mat.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Ofcourse I know that, I am speaking for all women on how I think it should be, now because we don't agree(due to the fact that you generalised) I am saying you should prove to me how he is right.
Lolz...I don tire fa

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by xynerise: 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Everyone mustn't be like you. I don't form or wanna be like Mary just aired my views without being biased. Those were my own personal ideology if you're not okay with it then so be it but don't say I'm forming
Sorry ma.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Lolz...I don tire fa
Lol, you shouldn't tire, it's very simple really.

Just treat your partner the way you'd want him/her to treat you.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
cococandy:

Do people still listen to this man?
Wasn't he the one narrating his early married life and how he used to mistreat his wife to test her faith.
One time she was having a miscarriage and he still ignored her while ordering her to make his food and serve him.
Or was it the time he locked her in a car with a mad man?

Tufiakwa marriage advice from this man.
Only misogynists and sadists won't see something wrong with his opinions about women.

don't mind the charlatan.

This is the same man who slapped an illiterate girl because she used the wrong vocabulary.

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
Filashade:
This thread is remarkeable

Why do they always blame women all the time?

Everywhere i go women this women that

Seriously I tell you solemnly our world is doomed for disaster

And this man calls himself a Bishop?

Its both Parties that need to be blamed not just women.

Men for being unfaithful and also women as well but women for wanting material things before anything else.

You cant blame the other party when they are both at fault.

Men say they dont want Virgins as wife but yet make fun and degrade women that are not Virgins.

U guys can never be satisfied.

I swear to God. Am sick an tired of hearing/ seeing this shit everyday.

Kilode?

They want so much expectations from women but yet the men can do whatever they like abi? The men can loose thier Virginity anyhow? The men can have as many wives as they please? The men can do whatever they fucking please right?

Unu continue dey stay dere ehhhn. Keep on dreaming!!!!

Oloshi!!!

sad sad sad

Lol,sister calm down,for the part of virginity,a man naturally is dis-virgin straight@birth,virginity is when the fore flesh is still intact,and you know that men fore flesh are normally cut off,that of the woman remains untouched....

As for men marrying many women,well I don't have anything to say about that,but I have read and heard that it do happens,they termed it polyandry one woman,many husband..don't know if it is true thous....but I guess the reason why it is like that is because men naturally are good at handling and keeping things under control..hence why the society choose to follow that part,it might also be maybe they learn it from lions(our junior brother)...

I totally don't know....

Another aspect I think you should study is why a man@60 can marry as much women as he wants,but a woman stand no chance of getting any..why is it so..ponder on it...take oshiomole and ngozi ezonu as case study

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
xynerise:

Sorry ma.
I'm sorry too
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by angelofurlife: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]The fact is Nigerian spinsters pretend to be good and nice before marriage. But after the wedding, they now show their true colours and their husbands feel conned and scammed.[/size]
lmao. Nobody can hide their true color, is either we choose to ignore what we see because u are in love or we are plain dumb.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So how do you know his heart if he is carried away by the things of this world? Is it because he is wealthy that you just jumped to that conclusion?

or are you of the fold that believe God wants us to be poor?

He is a crook in religious clothing.....

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by tivta(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
There are bad wives and bad husbands. Putting all the blame on women is highly preposterous_ it takes two to tango.

Couples have to understand that marriage is a process of finding out that kinda partner your partner loves/wants most. It doesn't hurt to bend a little.
feminist alert.,lol the issue is women should learn to control their tongue then no such man will be disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by jpphilips(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
Filashade:
This thread is remarkeable

Why do they always blame women all the time?

Everywhere i go women this women that

Seriously I tell you solemnly our world is doomed for disaster

And this man calls himself a Bishop?

Its both Parties that need to be blamed not just women.

Men for being unfaithful and also women as well but women for wanting material things before anything else.

You cant blame the other party when they are both at fault.

Men say they dont want Virgins as wife but yet make fun and degrade women that are not Virgins.

U guys can never be satisfied.

I swear to God. Am sick an tired of hearing/ seeing this shit everyday.

Kilode?

They want so much expectations from women but yet the men can do whatever they like abi? The men can loose thier Virginity anyhow? The men can have as many wives as they please? The men can do whatever they fucking please right?

Unu continue dey stay dere ehhhn. Keep on dreaming!!!!

Oloshi!!!

sad sad sad

Staying back in your father's house is still an option, anyways, I see no difference between a divorced wife and a spinster so calm down, there is still hope for the hopeless

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Ikiriye(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Thank you, but I love me this way as regards issues concerning relationships/marriage.

If you remember early 90's Beijing women conference failed since then it has never seen the light of the day.women will not be able to form such association after that failure is inevitable.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, you shouldn't tire, it's very simple really.

Just treat your partner the way you'd want him/her to treat you.
Yeah, i totally agree! The bible says we should love our neighbours as ourselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Photo: See The Warning To Ladies Displayed At Entrance Of CLAM Church / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Stephanie Otobo Shows Money Apostle Suleman Paid Her Via Statement Of Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.