Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. (4763 Views)

Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada / James Ibori Conferred With Chieftaincy Title "Ezi-Oyi Anioma" In Delta (Photos) / Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by mcvaeey(m): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
Asaba is not the headquater of Delta State by accident. Indeed being an headquarter is not strange to it. In the periods back, it was the choice of the British as the capital of Southern Nigeria because of the potentials within the town. The River Niger has served the town for centuries providing it with sense of security against external aggression or invasion and also helps the people to do their domestic responsibilities. It has also been environmentally fair to the people and above all, added to the beauty of the town and region.

Because of lack of records, historical accounts on the origin of the people are too diverse but popular Aguleri oral account believes that a warrior and hunter from Eri migrated from Igalla land and settled near the bank of River Omabala. Nnebisi the warrior and hunter married Nono which resulted in the birth of Agulu and Adaugbo (female) The male children founded towns which still bear their names today.

The oral history of the people regards the Ikelike people who migrated from Benin as the first settlers on the land which is today called Asaba. There was Ugboma often regarded as the second settler migrant from Achata in Awka District he settled in Obodo Achala still in existence today but due to ceaseless wars which took place many of these settlers resettled in Achala-Igbuzo, Okpanam and Kwala where they can still be found today. Ugboma was the second settler.

Anyanwu, the most important settler and a great builder of Asaba is recognized for making the city what it is today. He arrived from Obosi. His father was said to be one of the retreating members of Chime family escaping from the wrought of Oba of Benin. Anyanwu settled in a place close to Ugboma and bare a son named Odikpe the founder of today’s Idumu Odikpe in the town.

\Originally Asaba consisted of nine Ebos (Quarters) but due to internal strife, wars with other communities and slave trade that followed, these Ebos were reduced to only 5.

The Ebos are:

Umuezei
Ugbomanta
Umuaji
Umuagu
Umuonaje

Popular native greetings in Asaba are:

Oyibo
Ojukpa-Aku
Agu
Aje
Ogene
Omogwu (also used in Ibusa)
Osodi (for wives)
Otena-Mgbo (for wives) also in use in Ibusa
Akudika (for wives)
Oliuwa (for wives)

1 Like

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
interesting
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2015
Senseless post.

How funny is it to know that everything that migrated from Bini automatically becomes Igbo ? Are Bini people Igbo ?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Vicotex(m): 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
According to the frustrated OP, Anioma/anambra are not Igbos.
I heard that they are Yoruba descent, they even answer names like 'OLAMA'.
Ndi ara just full everywhere.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by DFemaleBoss(f): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
Very senseless post. Op is a clown grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by FKO81(m): 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ijebu people are sudanese

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by zuchyblink(m): 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
Yoruba ppl are not Nigerians,they are cowards.Egba ppl are not Yorubas,they are Fulanis.Aworis are not Yorubas,they are ye-robbers.Ijebu ppl are not Ye-robbers,they are witches and wizards.
Jobless monkeys and baboons

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
mcvaeey:
Asaba is not the headquater of Delta State by accident. Indeed being an headquarter is not strange to it. In the periods back, it was the choice of the British as the capital of Southern Nigeria because of the potentials within the town. The River Niger has served the town for centuries providing it with sense of security against external aggression or invasion and also helps the people to do their domestic responsibilities. It has also been environmentally fair to the people and above all, added to the beauty of the town and region.

Because of lack of records, historical accounts on the origin of the people are too diverse but popular Aguleri oral account believes that a warrior and hunter from Eri migrated from Igalla land and settled near the bank of River Omabala. Nnebisi the warrior and hunter married Nono which resulted in the birth of Agulu and Adaugbo (female) The male children founded towns which still bear their names today.

The oral history of the people regards the Ikelike people who migrated from Benin as the first settlers on the land which is today called Asaba. There was Ugboma often regarded as the second settler migrant from Achata in Awka District he settled in Obodo Achala still in existence today but due to ceaseless wars which took place many of these settlers resettled in Achala-Igbuzo, Okpanam and Kwala where they can still be found today. Ugboma was the second settler.

Anyanwu, the most important settler and a great builder of Asaba is recognized for making the city what it is today. He arrived from Obosi. His father was said to be one of the retreating members of Chime family escaping from the wrought of Oba of Benin. Anyanwu settled in a place close to Ugboma and bare a son named Odikpe the founder of today’s Idumu Odikpe in the town.

\Originally Asaba consisted of nine Ebos (Quarters) but due to internal strife, wars with other communities and slave trade that followed, these Ebos were reduced to only 5.

The Ebos are:

Umuezei
Ugbomanta
Umuaji
Umuagu
Umuonaje

Popular native greetings in Asaba are:

Oyibo
Ojukpa-Aku
Agu
Aje
Ogene
Omogwu (also used in Ibusa)
Osodi (for wives)
Otena-Mgbo (for wives) also in use in Ibusa
Akudika (for wives)
Oliuwa (for wives)
They are not Igbos but we have IPOB members there.
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by zuchyblink(m): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
Every oil rich Igbo kingdom migrated from bini.senseless baboons and monkeys.the era of fighting wars for territory has gone,they are now using propaganda to claim other peoples lands

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by molydonhenry(m): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
My dear do ur research b4 vomiting trash. I can categorically tell u dat u dat IBUSA is from IGBO. D original name is IGBO BINUZOR and was shortened to IGBUZOR which is translated to IBUSA by d whites. Ibusa came frm ISU in anambra state. Pls research well.

Except u r saying Ibusa is not Anioma

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by zendy: 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
Everybody knows that the founder of Ahaba (present day Asaba) was Nebisi who migrated from present day Anambra. I am Yet to see an indigene of Asaba who has denied being Igbo

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
Senseless post.

How funny is it to know that everything that migrated from Bini automatically becomes Igbo ? Are Bini people Igbo ?
Don't mind them. Their main aim is "division" that is why we see so many useless posts like this one on this forum.

My happiness is that, blood is thicker than water. If they like let them be creating one million useless posts just like this one on daily bases, it will still not yield any fruit.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
zendy:
Everybody knows that the founder of Ahaba (present day Asaba) was Nebisi who migrated from present day Anambra. I am Yet to see an indigene of Asaba who has denied being Igbo

Well,it is not common for an Asaba person to deny being Igbo but they exist and I have seen them.
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
OHHHHH NOT AGAIN.,........

1 Like

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
I think Yorubas should leave us and go to schoool

17 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
zuchyblink:
Yoruba ppl are not Nigerians,they are cowards.Egba ppl are not Yorubas,they are Fulanis.Aworis are not Yorubas,they are ye-robbers.Ijebu ppl are not Ye-robbers,they are witches and wizards.
Jobless monkeys and baboons

YES of course grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Stolen: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
Sometimes, i feel ashamed for everything yoruba. I feel ashamed on their behalf. The show of shame is too much.

15 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Duru1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
Senseless post.

I visited the remnants of the so-called Bini Empire. I am forced to regard the so-called empires in Africa as gloried villages. In fact, if the so-called migrations from Bini were to be remotely true, the village called Bini Empire would have been self-destructed.

1 Like

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by IgboDelta: 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
ANIOMAS ARE IGBOS

12 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by IgboDelta: 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2015
[b]I have been following with disgust the numerous fallacious threads created by Yorubas and Hausa senseless bigots trying to cause division between we the Igbos on the western part of river Niger and our brothers in the eastern part of the river Niger. It is obviously you people are completely ignorant of our history and relationships with the eastern Igbos. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT MANY OF OUR ANCESTORS MIGRATED FROM THE EAST AND HAVE STRONG RELATIONSHIP THE EASTERN IGBOS.

Below are some Anioma towns and their place of origin:

Asaba migrated from Awka and Nteje Anambra State

Igbuzo migrated from Isu Imo State and Nri Anambra State

Ogwashi ukwu migrated from Nri Anambra State

Okpanam migrated from Anam, Oba Anambra State and Anioma

Ogboli migrated from Nri Anambra State

Ishiagu migrated from Awka Anambra State

Abah migrated from Nri

Illah migrated from Nri, Anambra State

Ejeme migrated from Nri Anambra State

Ewulu migrated from Anam Anambra State

Ute Okpu migrated from Nri Anambra State

Owa founded by Odogwu and his brother Ozomo who migrated from Nri

Akwukwu migrated from Nri Anambra State.

Akwukwu Igbo migrated from Nri Anambra State

etc

The above are just few examples of Anioma towns that migrated from the East of the Niger.

Many Anioma sons played prominent roles in the biafra war, some of them are Major General Onuatuegwu from Ogwashi Ukwu who was the head of Biafran Defence Headquarters, Major General Madiebo who commanded the Biafran Owerri division, Col Joe Achusia from Asaba who headed the western Biafran brigade, Brigedier General Okonjo from Ogwashi Ukwu, Col Nwadei, Capt Anuku from Owa, Ika who was Head of Biafran Navy, Major Kaduna Nzeogwu from Okpanam who led the battalion in Nsukka etc. Western Igbo will always be part of Biafra.

The babaric federal troops committed war crimes in different towns of Anioma killing innocent men and women as well as raping some ladies. The Anioma nations will not forget the atrocities committed by the weak and shameless Northern and yoruba soldiers in Agbor, Ogwashi Ukwu, Asaba, Okpanam, Issele Ukwu, Onicha Ugbo, Igbuzo, Ndokwa, Ukwuani and many Anioma towns although many of them met their shameful death in the hands of gallant and brillant biafran soidiers.

LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR TO ALL YORUBA AND NORTHERN SHAMELESS M0RONS THAT SHOULD BIAFRA BECOME A REALITY, THE ANIOMAS WOULD BE PART OF IT BECAUSE WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PART OF IT. WE CANNOT BE DECEIVED BY YOUR BIGOTRY PROPELLED PROPAGANDA.[/b]

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by IgboDelta: 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
Two highly placed traditional Rulers in Delta State, the Asagba of Asaba, Professor J.C. Edozien CFR; JP., and the Obi of Owa in Ika North Local Government, Dr. E.O. Efeizomor II OON; JP., have stressed the need for Ndigbo, no matter the geopolitical location in which they are based, to be united in the quest for Ndi-Igbo to again become relevant in Nigeria in particular and the world in general.

Professor Edozien made the remarks when he granted audience to a delegation of IWA, ASA World, CISA and EIC.

The traditional Ruler, a former academician, who received the delegation with a retinue of his fully attired members of cabinet, said that although Asaba people were located in the south south geopolitical zone, “most of my subjects hail from Nteje in Oyi Local Government of Anambra State”.

Professor Edozien noted that "nothing could be achieved by Ndigbo unless unity prevailed among members of the ethnic group irrespective of the geopolitical zone in which they are based”.

He appealed to IWA to work assiduously to resolve the crisis in World Igbo Congress, WIC, and, thereafter "IWA, WIC, ASA World, CISA, EIC and other Ndi-Igbo associations in the diaspora should pool their resources together to uplift the welfare of Ndi-Igbo”.

The Asagba expressed delight over the efforts of IWA, ASA World, CISA and EIC to project, through the museum on Igbo Village to be opened on September 17, 2010 in Stanton , Virginia in the United States of America , the contributions of Ndi-Igbo to one of the major civilizations in modern history.

Friday March 19

On his own part, the Obi of Owa in Ika North Local Government of Delta State, Dr. E.O. Efeizomor II OON; J.P., said that research had traced the origin of Ika people to the Nris of Anambra State.

Dr. Efeizomor II who has been on the throne for fifty years, said that what was significant about the research was that it was conducted by Ika intellectuals.

The traditional Ruler said that although the “Ikas were making spirited efforts to identify and relate with Ndi-Igbos in the South East geopolitical zone, the efforts were not being reciprocated, hence a few Ikas have reservations over their affinity with Ndi-Igbo”.

The Obi of Owa presented to members of the IWA delegation a book to buttress his assertion that Ikas were, according to him, “proud Ndi-Igbo of Nri ancestry”.

Dr. Efeizomor II said that the entire Ika traditional institution was happy to participate in the Igbo Day that was held in Owerri on September 29, 2009 adding that “Ika people look forward to joining our brothers and sisters in taking part in more Ndi-Igbo activities in future”.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Deltagiant: 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
I wanna ask the Op when Asaba and their neighbors became Benin or something else...Was it after they were massacred as Igbos in 1967?

Even the piece he posted was a distorted account of the primary immigration into Asaba. The Ikelike people he mentioned were the first to settle in Asaba have nothing to do with Asaba. They are a tiny segment of Ogwasi ukwu for that matter

Asaba history has never changed from the established knowledge which is that the first inhabitant of Asaba, UGBOMA, and his followers migrated from Awka. This is an oral tradition agreed by all Asabans from the Igwe himself to the last commoner. And which they have made public herehttp://asabausa.com/asaba-traditional-government/

8 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2015
Deltagiant:
I wanna ask the Op when Asaba and their neighbors became Benin or something else...Was it after they were massacred as Igbos in 1967?

Even the piece he posted was a distorted account of the primary immigration into Asaba. The Ikelike people he mentioned were the first to settle in Asaba have nothing to do with Asaba. They are a tiny segment of Ogwasi ukwu for that matter

Asaba history has never changed from the established knowledge which is that the first inhabitant of Asaba, UGBOMA, and his followers migrated from Awka. This is an oral tradition agreed by all Asabans from the Igwe himself to the last commoner. And which they have made public herehttp://asabausa.com/asaba-traditional-government/

The question is whether Ikelike people are Bini?
Just like Ezechime and co they are most likely Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Ebukaobi: 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
That Kanu guy is very smart with all these Biafra noise

He knows he has a bunch of imbeciles and idiots as followers. He knows that all he needs to do is sweet talk a group of blockheads and they will believe him.

Most of his followers are poverty stricken, hopeless, hungry, frustrated and never do wells. That is why you see this group of fools shouting Director everywhere and sending money they get from selling gala on Lagos traffic to a man that is investing in UK properties.

Ibo masses and commoners are the easiest people to deceive in this universe.

I dont think that even chickens, goats, sheep and cows are this gullible. Even cows know when they are about to be slaughtered and will put up a resistance.

I am very convinced that Ibo DNA is a mix between homo sapiens and goats

3 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Passingshit(m): 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
Senseless post.

mcvaeey is a deluded, jobless Yoruba boy with multiple ids on Nairaland. A worthless, hate-filled troll for that matter. He's so bent on castigating the Igbos and seeking ways to cause division between them and Deltans. But it's such a pity he's hardly recognised. At times he uses his own ids to compliment his works. Please don't waste ur time on the born idiot

10 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Deltagiant: 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

The question is whether Ikelike people are Bini?
Just like Ezechime and co they are most likely Igbo.

They are Igbo and speak nothing that comes close to Bini today.

I've read where the Obi of Ogwashi Uku, Chukwuma Ani-Nri Okonjo say the Ikelike village migrated from Benin...While the ruling family came from Nri and one other set led by one Muokwe came from Onitsha mmili.

That's why I gave it to them. Afterall everyone came from somewhere but the question is who you are today. By this i mean language, arts, culture and tradition. These are what defnes us.

7 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Deltagiant:

They are Igbo and speak nothing that comes close to Bini today.

I've read where the Obi of Ogwashi Uku, Chukwuma Ani-Nri Okonjo say the Ikelike village migrated from Benin...While the ruling family came from Nri and one other set led by one Muokwe came from Onitsha mmili.

That's why I gave it to them. Afterall everyone came from somewhere but the question is who you are today. By this i mean language, arts, culture and tradition. These are what defnes us.

I don't know if I get you but I am not saying they didn't migrate from Bini,my take is that migration from Bini doesn't mean they were ethnic Bini. This Bini propaganda is very shameful and embarrassing and to make it worse the Bini themselves don't give a f.uck because they know these eidiots are just sucking their d..icks for free.....sad...sad...sad.

9 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by asha80(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ebukaobi:
That Kanu guy is very smart with all these Biafra noise

He knows he has a bunch of imbeciles and idiots as followers. He knows that all he needs to do is sweet talk a group of blockheads and they will believe him.

Most of his followers are poverty stricken, hopeless, hungry, frustrated and never do wells. That is why you see this group of fools shouting Director everywhere and sending money they get from selling gala on Lagos traffic to a man that is investing in UK properties.

Ibo masses and commoners are the easiest people to deceive in this universe.

I dont think that even chickens, goats, sheep and cows are this gullible. Even cows know when they are about to be slaughtered and will put up a resistance.

I am very convinced that Ibo DNA is a mix between homo sapiens and goats
your last sentence gives you away

3 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Ebukaobi: 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
asha80:
your last sentence gives you away

And so fuckin what?
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Jesusloveyou: 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
Senseless post.

reverse is d case, are ibos from Benin kingdom? Which automatically means ibos also came from yorubas,
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by asha80(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ebukaobi:

And so fuckin what?
just kill yourself

2 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Deltagiant: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

I don't know if I get you but I am not saying they didn't migrate from Bini,my take is that migration from Bini doesn't mean they were ethnic Bini. This Bini propaganda is very shameful and embarrassing and to make it worse the Bini themselves don't give a f.uck because they know these eidiots are just sucking their d..icks for free.....sad...sad...sad.

That's why i drew down the whole thing to who we are today. The whole oral tradition mumbo jumbo cannot be verified.
The reverse migration theory stands a better logic...so sad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Inscription On Nigeria New Passport. Apostle Suleman Reacts / Empty Streets In Anambra as Resident Begin Sit-at-home Despite Ipob Cancellation / Wike: Illegal Crude Refiners Ruining Our Health, National Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.