Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. (4771 Views)

Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada / James Ibori Conferred With Chieftaincy Title "Ezi-Oyi Anioma" In Delta (Photos) / Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Masterclass32: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
Big ups @ Deltagiant.

U are definitely killing it.
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by bigfrancis21: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

I don't know if I get you but I am not saying they didn't migrate from Bini,my take is that migration from Bini doesn't mean they were ethnic Bini. This Bini propaganda is very shameful and embarrassing and to make it worse the Bini themselves don't give a f.uck because they know these eidiots are just sucking their d..icks for free.....sad...sad...sad.

This is correct. It is common for any dissenting group to want to claim 'migrated from bini' as if that makes them different. Even the Ikwerres, actually migrated from Arochukwu, Awka and Orlu areas, who never had any Bini mentioned in their history in the past have found a way to cook up Bini claims in their history.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by bigfrancis21: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
reverse is d case, are ibos from Benin kingdom? Which automatically means ibos also came from yorubas,

Lol. Igbo Ukwu, one of Igbo's earliest civilization came into fore in the 9th century and this was about 300 years before the first Yoruba civilization of Ife came into place. Igbo culture and civilization are older than the earliest Yoruba civilization (Ife).

Personally, it would make sense to me if an upward-westerly migration of people had occurred from present-day south east (Igbo land) towards Igala land and finally into Yoruba land.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by cheruv: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ebukaobi:
That Kanu guy is very smart with all these Biafra noise

He knows he has a bunch of imbeciles and idiots as followers. He knows that all he needs to do is sweet talk a group of blockheads and they will believe him.

Most of his followers are poverty stricken, hopeless, hungry, frustrated and never do wells. That is why you see this group of fools shouting Director everywhere and sending money they get from selling gala on Lagos traffic to a man that is investing in UK properties.

Ibo masses and commoners are the easiest people to deceive in this universe.

I dont think that even chickens, goats, sheep and cows are this gullible. Even cows know when they are about to be slaughtered and will put up a resistance.

I am very convinced that Ibo DNA is a mix between homo sapiens and goats
Just like Yoloba DNA is a mix btwn Neanderthals and sheep grin

3 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by cheruv: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
asha80:
your last sentence gives you away
That's why I support nnamdi kanu in his hate speeches.we Igbos are hated by our western neighbors and he's the only one standing to defend us from those hate speeches especially those from Yolobas.
Imagine a Yoloba riffraff waking up in the morn and all he can think about is Igbo! undecided
Tufiakwa!! angry

5 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Ebukaobi: 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
cheruv:

Just like Yoloba DNA is a mix btwn Neanderthals and sheep grin

This poverty inflicted animal is still making noise

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by honourhim: 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ebukaobi:

He knows he has a bunch of imbeciles and idiots as followers. He knows that all he needs to do is sweet talk a group of blockheads and they will believe him.

Most of his followers are poverty stricken, hopeless, hungry, frustrated and never do wells. That is why you see this group of fools shouting Director everywhere and sending money they get from selling gala on Lagos traffic to a man that is investing in UK properties.

I dont think that even chickens, goats, sheep and cows are this gullible. Even cows know when they are about to be slaughtered and will put up a resistance.

And your username here is igbo? Quite a Shame. Yoruba hypocrite.

4 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by badnature: 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
accepted anioma and asaba is not igbo! but my question is,WHY DO NIGERIA REGARD MAJOR CHUKWUMA KADUNA NZOGWU AS IGBOyoloba pipu and awusa pipu i and chino,Buddhamonk need ANSWER kita kita

7 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Ebukaobi: 7:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
honourhim:

And your username here is igbo? Quite a Shame. Yoruba hypocrite.

Anuofia
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by cheruv: 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ebukaobi:

This poverty inflicted animal is still making noise

grin grin grin
Riffraff!
No wonder the yoloba tribe is pathetic..
Am proud to be a medic,and as such I can't be poor cool
All you and your tribesmen can offer Nigeria is shame and am sorry I can't help it undecided

4 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by glassjar1: 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2015
mcvaeey:
Asaba is not the headquater of Delta State by accident. Indeed being an headquarter is not strange to it. In the periods back, it was the choice of the British as the capital of Southern Nigeria because of the potentials within the town. The River Niger has served the town for centuries providing it with sense of security against external aggression or invasion and also helps the people to do their domestic responsibilities. It has also been environmentally fair to the people and above all, added to the beauty of the town and region.

Because of lack of records, historical accounts on the origin of the people are too diverse but popular Aguleri oral account believes that a warrior and hunter from Eri migrated from Igalla land and settled near the bank of River Omabala. Nnebisi the warrior and hunter married Nono which resulted in the birth of Agulu and Adaugbo (female) The male children founded towns which still bear their names today.

The oral history of the people regards the Ikelike people who migrated from Benin as the first settlers on the land which is today called Asaba. There was Ugboma often regarded as the second settler migrant from Achata in Awka District he settled in Obodo Achala still in existence today but due to ceaseless wars which took place many of these settlers resettled in Achala-Igbuzo, Okpanam and Kwala where they can still be found today. Ugboma was the second settler.

Anyanwu, the most important settler and a great builder of Asaba is recognized for making the city what it is today. He arrived from Obosi. His father was said to be one of the retreating members of Chime family escaping from the wrought of Oba of Benin. Anyanwu settled in a place close to Ugboma and bare a son named Odikpe the founder of today’s Idumu Odikpe in the town.

\Originally Asaba consisted of nine Ebos (Quarters) but due to internal strife, wars with other communities and slave trade that followed, these Ebos were reduced to only 5.

The Ebos are:

Umuezei
Ugbomanta
Umuaji
Umuagu
Umuonaje

Popular native greetings in Asaba are:

Oyibo
Ojukpa-Aku
Agu
Aje
Ogene
Omogwu (also used in Ibusa)
Osodi (for wives)
Otena-Mgbo (for wives) also in use in Ibusa
Akudika (for wives)
Oliuwa (for wives)

Y + ORU(SLAVE) + BABOON = cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy AMALABABOON + KWUNUBABOON - Y+SLAVE (ORU)+BABOON grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by larryUG(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
DFemaleBoss:
Very senseless post. Op is a clown grin
Sometimes I wonder how people reason. Come to think of it. The ring leader of the coup which is Nzeogwu was from anioma. The igbos never rejected him as not being an igbo man. The whole nation turned against the igbos cause of the actions of a group of soldiers led by an igbo from Anioma. Now after d whole thing they wanna deny and say they are not igbos. Nnpc GMD came they said he is delta igbo, not igbo. Buh if it's a coup he will be core igbo

7 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by larryUG(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
badnature:
accepted anioma and asaba is not igbo! but my question is,WHY DO NIGERIA REGARD MAJOR CHUKWUMA KADUNA NZOGWU AS IGBOyoloba pipu and awusa pipu i and chino,Buddhamonk need ANSWER kita kita
You just nailed what is in my mind. God. Are u a mind reader?
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
do you know that awori , egun and ijebu are not Yoruba ..the offa axis are also not Yoruba

do you know that Kaduna and Maiduguri are not Hausa also

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
mcvaeey:
Asaba is not the headquater of Delta State by accident. Indeed being an headquarter is not strange to it. In the periods back, it was the choice of the British as the capital of Southern Nigeria because of the potentials within the town. The River Niger has served the town for centuries providing it with sense of security against external aggression or invasion and also helps the people to do their domestic responsibilities. It has also been environmentally fair to the people and above all, added to the beauty of the town and region.

Because of lack of records, historical accounts on the origin of the people are too diverse but popular Aguleri oral account believes that a warrior and hunter from Eri migrated from Igalla land and settled near the bank of River Omabala. Nnebisi the warrior and hunter married Nono which resulted in the birth of Agulu and Adaugbo (female) The male children founded towns which still bear their names today.

The oral history of the people regards the Ikelike people who migrated from Benin as the first settlers on the land which is today called Asaba. There was Ugboma often regarded as the second settler migrant from Achata in Awka District he settled in Obodo Achala still in existence today but due to ceaseless wars which took place many of these settlers resettled in Achala-Igbuzo, Okpanam and Kwala where they can still be found today. Ugboma was the second settler.

Anyanwu, the most important settler and a great builder of Asaba is recognized for making the city what it is today. He arrived from Obosi. His father was said to be one of the retreating members of Chime family escaping from the wrought of Oba of Benin. Anyanwu settled in a place close to Ugboma and bare a son named Odikpe the founder of today’s Idumu Odikpe in the town.

\Originally Asaba consisted of nine Ebos (Quarters) but due to internal strife, wars with other communities and slave trade that followed, these Ebos were reduced to only 5.

The Ebos are:

Umuezei
Ugbomanta
Umuaji
Umuagu
Umuonaje

Oyibo
Ojukpa-Aku
Agu
Aje
Ogene
Osodi (for wives)
Akudika (for wives)
Oliuwa (for wives)

try lagoon pls
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by yorubatic: 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ebukaobi:

You are the true definition of coward ....if not, you would have started fighting for odua republic, just like me. ...you are a weakling. ..you have no mouth to talk, you are simply an O'yes to whatever the Hausa / Fulani says...you are shameless ...I am all for odua republic. ...do you hate odua republic?

You people make ibos call us name...do you think every yoruba think you...you are the cowards among us...start learning to be brave...dunce

Are you happy that lagos is a no man's land?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by meforyou1(m): 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
mcvaeey:

The Ebos are:

Umuezei
Ugbomanta
Umuaji
Umuagu
Umuonaje

Oyibo
Ojukpa-Aku
Agu
Aje
Ogene
Osodi (for wives)
Akudika (for wives)
Oliuwa (for wives)
This foolish edo man, edo is not part of Biafra, except igbanke people, who are igbo minorities in edo state. Edo state is not even south south. It is more or less north central. How can u say that the wholly northern people of Auchi and okpella etc are south southerners.

1 Like

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
yorubatic:

You are the true definition of coward ....if not, you would have started fighting for odua republic, just like me. ...you are a weakling. ..you have no mouth to talk, you are simply an O'yes to whatever the Hausa / Fulani says...you are shameless ...I am all for odua republic. ...do you hate odua republic?

You people make ibos call us name...do you think every yoruba think you...you are the cowards among us...start learning to be brave...dunce

Are you happy that lagos is a no man's land?

if your brother ain't coward why did he use Igbo name

he has proved that Yoruba are cowards

1 Like

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by onenaira3: 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
meforyou1:
This foolish edo man, edo is not part of Biafra, except igbanke people, who are igbo minorities in edo state. Edo state is not even south south. It is more or less north central. How can u say that the wholly northern people of Auchi and okpella etc are south southerners.

He's not Edo. The dude is f2king yoloba coward. He's original ID is mulattoclaro. After being caught for being a yoloba coward, he dumped that ID and created that mcvaey ID and spanishkid ID. The dude is truly the definition of a complete coward

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by onenaira3: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2015
Stolen:
Sometimes, i feel ashamed for everything yoruba. I feel ashamed on their behalf. The show of shame is too much.

They truly are a complete shameless ppl. A pathetic, pitiful, disgrace of Africa. Yoloba are Just a complete joke.

1 Like

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by onenaira3: 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
IgboDelta:
[b]I have been following with disgust the numerous fallacious threads created by Yorubas and Hausa senseless bigots trying to cause division between we the Igbos on the western part of river Niger and our brothers in the eastern part of the river Niger. It is obviously you people are completely ignorant of our history and relationships with the eastern Igbos. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT MANY OF OUR ANCESTORS MIGRATED FROM THE EAST AND HAVE STRONG RELATIONSHIP THE EASTERN IGBOS.

Below are some Anioma towns and their place of origin:

Asaba migrated from Awka and Nteje Anambra State

Igbuzo migrated from Isu Imo State and Nri Anambra State

Ogwashi ukwu migrated from Nri Anambra State

Okpanam migrated from Anam, Oba Anambra State and Anioma

Ogboli migrated from Nri Anambra State

Ishiagu migrated from Awka Anambra State

Abah migrated from Nri

Illah migrated from Nri, Anambra State

Ejeme migrated from Nri Anambra State

Ewulu migrated from Anam Anambra State

Ute Okpu migrated from Nri Anambra State

Owa founded by Odogwu and his brother Ozomo who migrated from Nri

Akwukwu migrated from Nri Anambra State.

Akwukwu Igbo migrated from Nri Anambra State

etc

The above are just few examples of Anioma towns that migrated from the East of the Niger.

Many Anioma sons played prominent roles in the biafra war, some of them are Major General Onuatuegwu from Ogwashi Ukwu who was the head of Biafran Defence Headquarters, Major General Madiebo who commanded the Biafran Owerri division, Col Joe Achusia from Asaba who headed the western Biafran brigade, Brigedier General Okonjo from Ogwashi Ukwu, Col Nwadei, Capt Anuku from Owa, Ika who was Head of Biafran Navy, Major Kaduna Nzeogwu from Okpanam who led the battalion in Nsukka etc. Western Igbo will always be part of Biafra.

The babaric federal troops committed war crimes in different towns of Anioma killing innocent men and women as well as raping some ladies. The Anioma nations will not forget the atrocities committed by the weak and shameless Northern and yoruba soldiers in Agbor, Ogwashi Ukwu, Asaba, Okpanam, Issele Ukwu, Onicha Ugbo, Igbuzo, Ndokwa, Ukwuani and many Anioma towns although many of them met their shameful death in the hands of gallant and brillant biafran soidiers.

LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR TO ALL YORUBA AND NORTHERN SHAMELESS M0RONS THAT SHOULD BIAFRA BECOME A REALITY, THE ANIOMAS WOULD BE PART OF IT BECAUSE WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PART OF IT. WE CANNOT BE DECEIVED BY YOUR BIGOTRY PROPELLED PROPAGANDA.[/b]

I was going to say something but since you said something, I'm biting my tongue and moving on.
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by meccuno: 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
Senseless post.

How funny is it to know that everything that migrated from Bini automatically becomes Igbo ? Are Bini people Igbo ?
lolz....I usually come to these kinds of thread so actually see how foo.lish or stup.I'd the op would be. What have I not read on nairaland. They all migrated from benin and all of a sudden became igbo. Ikwerris migrated from benin,aniomas migrated from benin,asaba people migrated from benin,ika migrated from benin,agbor migrated from benin.........then where did benin people migrate from?? You can't tell me adam and eve actually came from edo state. And I hope the OP isn't yoruba. Cause what surprises me how an average sw would all of a sudden know who is igbo and who is not.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by Mckennedy: 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
cheruv:

That's why I support nnamdi kanu in his hate speeches.we Igbos are hated by our western neighbors and he's the only one standing to defend us from those hate speeches especially those from Yolobas.
Imagine a Yoloba riffraff waking up in the morn and all he can think about is Igbo! undecided
Tufiakwa!! angry

I tire for them oo how manage as early as 3:00 am early paya,, yorubas will wake very busy typing igbo this igbo that ,,, Biafra this Biafra that!! I see sleepless nights in Yorubas over this Biafra restoration project!! lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by cheruv: 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
Mckennedy:

I tire for them oo how manage as early as 3:00 am yorubas are busy typing igbo this igbo that ,,, Biafra this Biafra that!! I see sleepless nights in Yorubas over this Biafra restoration project!! lol.
The stuff is tiresome undecided
Nnamdi Kanu should fire on joor..they think they're the only people with license on hate speeches angry

2 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by SOUNDKING: 11:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
I agree with the op on this one, infact the so called Aniomas migrated from Daura katsina state,Ibuzo are from kwara state,but when fulani rascals decided to collect that side from their sla......ves the ibuzo ran to where they are today,ogwashi migrated from Bauchi during the begining of Boko haram attacks,...op are you happy?,,,,,i wonder why ndi ofe mmanus that are confused historically, has suddenly become professors in teaching other people their history,while the Oduduwa and Obatala story is still non understandable to even the unborn generation.......Biafraphobia.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by DFemaleBoss(f): 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
larryUG:

Sometimes I wonder how people reason. Come to think of it. The ring leader of the coup which is Nzeogwu was from anioma. The igbos never rejected him as not being an igbo man. The whole nation turned against the igbos cause of the actions of a group of soldiers led by an igbo from Anioma. Now after d whole thing they wanna deny and say they are not igbos. Nnpc GMD came they said he is delta igbo, not igbo. Buh if it's a coup he will be core igbo

Don't mind them, they are propagandists. They are on a mission but they've failed woefully. United we stand!
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by honourhim: 12:14am On Aug 25, 2015
Ebukaobi:

Anuofia

We are already getting used to your demonstration of craze. Its not new anymore, you can try another username as usual.
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by mcvaeey(m): 5:00am On Aug 25, 2015
meforyou1:
no edo man wants to be part of a mirage like Biafra. If you like call edo north central that's your business. Last time I checked edo was south south. You'll die in great numbers this time.
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by WailingWailer00(m): 5:36am On Aug 25, 2015
Yellowbar people dey feel Igbo people swag, they love anything related to igbo, all my friends tell me they must marry an igbo lady, but, you know say when person too pass you, jealousy sets in, I pity the ewedu /Amala eaters kiss
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by melzabull(f): 6:03am On Aug 25, 2015
sweetlemon
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by meforyou1(m): 6:13am On Aug 25, 2015
Ebukaobi:

And so fuckin what?
eggheaders, I still have your pictures
Re: Anioma/asaba People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 12:42am On Oct 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

This is correct. It is common for any dissenting group to want to claim 'migrated from bini' as if that makes them different. Even the Ikwerres, actually migrated from Arochukwu, Awka and Orlu areas, who never had any Bini mentioned in their history in the past have found a way to cook up Bini claims in their history.

I dey shame for them....nobi this Benin I know abi na another one?

Ike gwuru

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Has Just Lost One State / Buhari Bans Aisha And Zahra From Public View And Social Media? / 4G War ; How The War Between Nigeria And Biafra May Play Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.