Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1082) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4408071 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
hoyo:

How do you mean sir? Is it the quantity of materials or the prices quoted..will appreciate more details..thanks alot

The price he quoted

I can give the quantity if I know the size of your building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2018
rotecch77:

Good of you bro, I did same about a year ago ,the cost is about 250k, at time location determine the cost.
But if its water lodge area I will advise the OP to go for CESSPOOL septic tank system
can you post what this CESSPOOL septic tank system look like, for some of us that don't know what its was thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2018
kopell:
can you poste what this CESSPOOL septic tank system look like, for some of us that don't know what its was thanks
I also am interested in getting to know what it is as am being quoted 1.6m for 2 septic tanks although it’s in a waterlogged area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
Teebawse:

I also am interested in getting to know what it is as am being quoted 1.6m for 2 septic tanks although it’s in a waterlogged area

kopell:
can you post what this CESSPOOL septic tank system look like, for some of us that don't know what its was thanks

We have 3 major types of sewage disposal.
1.Dilution ( treatment plant)
2.compactment.
3.Concervancy (Cesspole.

Cesspole. Its a single system where both effluency and waste water from bath ,kitchen are combine together into one septic tank. ..later dislurdge when filled up.

You will see that there is no SUCK AWAY PIT.in this system because the land is porous it can't accommodate water.
That is why the system is good for such area.( water lodge area)
More so there is a way and some fittings to use with the bathroom appliance to protect backflow of odour.
Contact professional for the setup..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
rotecch77:

We have 3 major types of sewage disposal.
1.Dilution ( treatment plant)
2.compactment.
3.Concervancy (Cesspole.

Cesspole. Its a single system where both effluency and waste water from bath ,kitchen are combine together into one septic tank. ..later dislurdge when filled up.

You will see that there is no SUCK AWAY PIT.in this system because the land is porous it can't accommodate water.
That is why the system is good for such area.( water lodge area)
More so there is a way and some fittings to use with the bathroom appliance to protect backflow of odour.
Contact professional for the setup..

Is it cheaper than the conventional casting and sinking in water logged areas?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
Teebawse:

Is it cheaper than the conventional casting and sinking in water logged areas?

Construction of any of the 3 system in water lodge area will be cast but this system will not have SUCK AWAY because of the nature of the land.

By not having SUCK AWAY section it means it's cheaper a bit

More so bath waste water can be channel away from the CESSPOLE and directed to the public drainage but not all area allow this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2018
please who do you need to supervise building construction? is the Architect,structural engineer or who?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2018
rotecch77:

Construction of any of the 3 system in water lodge area will be cast but this system will not have SUCK AWAY because of the nature of the land.

More so bath waste water can be channel away from the CESSPOLE and directed to the public drainage but not all area allow this.

Any idea of a typical cost?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
Teebawse:

Any idea of a typical cost?

Depends on the size, but lets say 12x10x10 will cost you something in region of 500-600k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
rotecch77:

Depends on the size, but lets say 12x10x10 will cost you something in region of 500-600k

Thanks for the heads up
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dalof2000: 12:58am On Dec 16, 2018
Babs612000:
l've just done mine last two weeks the electrical quoted almost the same quote with yours.
In short l will advise you to reduce the number of wires that he quoted where he wrote 20 buy 17 ,where he wrote 10 buy 8 do that to others too and made sure you are around with them when the work is going on if they need more you will buy more .

I was able to save over N300k after completing the job.
On the workmanship it just to much try and cut in between N180-200k.
Best of Luck.
Hmmm! I just tapped a very important lesson from your advise, am at same stage on my project. I got a quote of #1.113m for 2bedrom 4 flat all ensuite with visitors toilet. Wiring, fittings and labour. The conduit pipes as already been put in place.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 2:39am On Dec 16, 2018
dalof2000:

Hmmm! I just tapped a very important lesson from your advise, am at same stage on my project. I got a quote of #1.113m for 2bedrom 4 flat all ensuite with visitors toilet. Wiring, fittings and labour. The conduit pipes as already been put in place.
show ur own quote let's see sir, gud morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:12am On Dec 16, 2018
rotecch77:

Is a cesspool environmentally friendly when regarding the groundwater table?
Is there any difference between a cesspool and a cesspit?
Is a cesspool that holding tank that's constructed with precast circular/cylindrical rings that's placed one on top another till the desired depth/height?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
bixton:

Is a cesspool environmentally friendly when regarding the groundwater table?
Is there any difference between a cesspool and a cesspit?
Is a cesspool that holding tank that's constructed with precast circular/cylindrical rings that's placed one on top another till the desired depth/height?

Traditionally; cesspit, suckaway, laterin are same. In most cases the bottom will not be sealed to allow water to sip into the ground more so the wall will have weep hole ( old cesspit system do have round or cylindrical shape.

Cesspool will be sealed at the bottom and water tight.
Due to the nature of the water lodge area suck away or cesspit will not work here.

Both effluency and bath , sink waste water will be channelled here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igbi: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2018
Good day all the gurus, please help critise, i want a low budget house for a small space, this is the plan. Thank you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Neweko: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
pics credit goes to @ Skimaski

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:02am On Dec 17, 2018
Gud morning house, l we'll come everybody in this tread to wonderful Monday, my prayers is DAT our going out today, we bring joy for every one of us, in thy name of Jesus, thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 6:33am On Dec 17, 2018
Adedward:
Gud morning house, l we'll come everybody in this tread to wonderful Monday, my prayers is DAT our going out today, we bring joy for every one of us, in thy name of Jesus, thanks
Amen........ Good morning;
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:59am On Dec 17, 2018
abbeycial:

how do I contact you privately?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ijebulion: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2018
PLEASE , what is the cost of a WC with wash hand basin. the type of WC that has a HANDLE by the side and not a KNOB on the top.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:14am On Dec 17, 2018
ijebulion:
PLEASE , what is the cost of a WC with wash hand basin. the type of WC that has a HANDLE by the side and not a KNOB on the top.

cc thathistoryguy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2018
ijebulion:

Greetings to everyone here

If you mean the conventional one with its picture below then its cost between 10500 and 11500 but if you mean close cupple with a side flush then it would depend on the product in particular.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 10:43am On Dec 17, 2018
boyestic:
please who do you need to supervise building construction? is the Architect,structural engineer or who?
The architect is ur best option.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ijebulion: 1:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Greetings to everyone here

If you mean the conventional one with its picture below then its cost between 10500 and 11500 but if you mean close cupple with a side flush then it would depend on the product in particular.
The pice you mentioned is for the WC ALONE, what about the wash had basin?
Or do you mean the wc and wash hand basin is 11,500?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2018
ijebulion:

The pice you mentioned is for the WC ALONE, what about the wash had basin?
Or do you mean the wc and wash hand basin is 11,500?

This type of wc doesn't come with hand basin
If you need a basin we can also arrange that for you
Here @ 4500 ,3200

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by teaandteea: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
we provide bulldozer clearing and tractor services
ploughing 20k per hectare..
harrowing 18k per hectare
ridging 18k per hectare
we provide service for mechanized maize planting, cowpea and soya beans e.t.c
you can also contact us for your harvesting of crops like maize. e.t.c using combined harvester
these rates are negotiable depending on the type and size of land you want to work on..
We do all d job to your satisfaction..
contact us on : 08125193014..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ijebulion: 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

This type of wc doesn't come with hand basin
If you need a basin we can also arrange that for you
Here @ 4500 ,3200
That Historyguy, whats size is this for the handwash basin??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omilagu(f): 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2018
ijebulion:

The size is medium but we have other bigger sizes too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 4:13am On Dec 18, 2018
[quote]good morning, this is A and S aluminum ventures wel come u all to this wonderful morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:59am On Dec 18, 2018
ijebulion:

Compliments of the season from your own epic ceramics undecided

So sir
How many sets am I supplying you ?
We also deal on tiles and sanitaries cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) ... (3670) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.