Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433783 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1228) (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) ... (3676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2019
rocktowerbuilde:

We advice against that for Maintainability purposes and prevention of fast self-deterioration of your building. A separate tank will be more economical in the long run.

For maintainability it could be cumbersome which is limited to the degree and nature of the work to be done.
As regards "fast self deterioration" of the building, I disagree. In order to do such, those responsible should do the design of the structure in order to carry all loads.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by csiworksnig(f): 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
gbadexy:
So I was minding my own business jeje browsing through instagram when I saw pictures of the paint bucket with CROWN PAINT sticker on it. The pictures are only on nairaland on my old threads as far back as 2014 before I changed it to Regal paint.
I checked out the profile of the person and I discovered he lifted pictures of projects I supplied various clients too and he watermarked them. He took some other pictures probably from other sources too.
The guy is good at packaging and I wish I have his skills, my pictures are looking much better on his page grin.
He was honest enough to admit he doesn't sell paint but he could help interested people buy. I don't have problem with him using my pictures to help make a living, but using them without my consent especially for clients whose permission was sought is for nairaland only.
Some people are better at packaging than the actual skill needed and this should serve as warning for those engaging services of 'professionals' to extra cautious.
This platform is by far better to assess various contractors on their level of skill and professionalism from their contributions of different aspects of their trade and pretenders can easily be discerned.

This one weak me oo, Mo foo, how can someone watermark pictures that dont belong to them. We can be guilty of using someone else's pics for advert or to use it to analyze what one is trying to describe, but watermarking is on another level.

Am not sure he is a legit painting contractor or if he knows the trade at all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
twinskenny:
Anyone into roof felting here?? Get in touch ASAP 08051355133

I have someone you can help you do yours. He did mine... His name is Ayo - 0703 074 6411
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
csiworksnig:

This one weak me oo, Mo foo, how can someone watermark pictures that dont belong to them. We can be guilty of using someone else's pics for advert or to use it to analyze what one is trying to describe, but watermarking is on another level.

Am not sure he is a legit painting contractor or if he knows the trade at all.
I suspect he is a third party businessman trying to get a job and engaging the real professionals to do it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2019
Dennis3D:

I have someone you can help you do yours. He did mine... His name is Ayo - 0703 074 6411
Oh thank you got someone already. Appreciate it though

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hello Senior Engineers on the house.

Whixh is cheaper to do decking or roofing for a 2 flat 3 bedroom all ensuite building.

The plan is to do 4 flat though but funds is doing ojoro right now?

We are still in the planning and discussions phase.

Your input would be highly appreciated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 6:09am On Sep 19, 2019
Drainage problem ...how do I channel water back to the front gate ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2019
temi4fash:

Whixh is cheaper to do decking or roofing for a 2 flat 3 bedroom all ensuite building.

Definitely, the roof which will make it a Bungalow is cheaper. U don't need to go over the board, u can just do the longspan aluminium roof but if you want to attain the 4Units of 3bd flats, then you will need to have planned for it from the foundation then u deck and probably felt & introduce a form of temporary flood drain around anywhere on the deck & make sure u have made provisions for the members that will carry the first floor. U can even do a temporary felt if u don't mind

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 8:03am On Sep 19, 2019
KIDfurniture:
Drainage problem ...how do I channel water back to the front gate ?

If your compound isn't filled yet, make sure the rear of the gate inside the plot is higher than the region or area around the gate. Then depending on what u like, u can then do an open drain or a concealed drain using PVC pipes buried inside the ground with provision for manhole to channel water down the the outside drain. Some pple are lucky, they have a Natural flood drain pattern on their plot and they jus do Lil work to cater for drain

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akanniade10(m): 8:48am On Sep 19, 2019
Greetings to everyone, pls does anyone know the cost to install doors. I just bought 8 doors (1 front door and 7 inner doors) i have bought the keys and hinges as well. But the installation price seems to be on the high side. 20k to install 1 front door and 15k each to install the 7 inner doors.

Pls is this normal price to install doors?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2019
Hajivince:

Definitely, the roof which will make it a Bungalow is cheaper. U don't need to go over the board, u can just do the longspan aluminium roof but if you want to attain the 4Units of 3bd flats, then you will need to have planned for it from the foundation then u deck and probably felt & introduce a form of temporary flood drain around anywhere on the deck & make sure u have made provisions for the members that will carry the first floor. U can even do a temporary felt if u don't mind

Thanks for your input.

We have not started building yet.

Just trying to put cost into consideration and the time to finish too.

Can you explain the temporary part you mentioned.

Am also thinking, is it possible do deck one part and roof the other part.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
westliverenterp:
I want to build a petrol station will 25 million naira be enough for the project..

You will need to do what is called DESIGNING TO COST.

If you have a very tight budget, the petrol station can be designed to be within that amount.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2019
akanniade10:
Greetings to everyone, pls does anyone know the cost to install doors. I just bought 8 doors (1 front door and 7 inner doors) i have bought the keys and hinges as well. But the installation price seems to be on the high side. 20k to install 1 front door and 15k each to install the 7 inner doors.

Where is your location?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
akanniade10:

Where is your location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
temi4fash:

Hajivince:

The comment above is a good one.

However, I always advise people to build vertically and take advantage of vertical.

Land mass is in limited supply but you can maximize your plot of land by building vertically.

It depends on your location, taste and financial projection.

If you can afford it, you can make it a storey building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akanniade10(m): 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
boay:

Where is your location

Ikorodu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Umarzy(m): 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hello House.

Who has an idea of the price of a 600mm X 600mm suspended gypsum ceiling board/panel.

Regards smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2019
akanniade10:

They should have an Installer where you bought it naa..Are they the ones giving you a price of 35K to install or someone else?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JosephMay(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
GOODNEWS FOR ASTUTE AND SMART ENTREPRENEURS
Do you know that Oba-Osupa Road ( formerly Hospital Road) is now open for highly Competitive, Business and Commercial activities? courtesy of the Ondo State Government who have embarked on dualisation of the Road from Oba- Adesida Road (Police "A" Division Junction) traversing High Court , Nepa Area , down to Oshinle Roundabout , through Ijoka and end in Idanre Town.
Why can't YOU seize the OPPORTUNITY of an AVAILABLE Premises UP FOR SALE. Which is suitable for Banking Services, Shopping Malls, Rendezvous, Private Motor Garage etc?
All relevant documents are available UPON request.
SERIOUS AND INTRESTED BUYER should contact the Agent on 08035371585,08088444840, 09054968951. Mail at josephmay2015@gmail.com. like our Facebook page. Facebook/Joseph May & Co.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
akanniade10:

Hahahaha
Please is the so called installer going to buy anything that will be used to put the doors in their respective positions?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
boay:

The comment above is a good one.

However, I always advise people to build vertically and take advantage of vertical.

Land mass is in limited supply but you can maximize your plot of land by building vertically.

It depends on your location, taste and financial projection.

If you can afford it, you can make it a storey building.

Thanks for your reply.

We are just looking at the overall cost of the building up to the decking level vis-a-vis roofing on 2 flat.

We are thing the cost of decking would be 2 times the cost of roofing.

Or can you enlighten me a bit??

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akanniade10(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
happney65:

They should have an Installer where you bought it naa..Are they the ones giving you a price of 35K to install or someone else?

Someone else. And the price given isn’t 35k. It’s 20k and (15k X 7) totaling 125k. Isn’t there like a price range for this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akanniade10(m): 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
bixton:

Hahahaha
Please is the so called installer going to buy anything that will be used to put the doors in their respective positions?

None that i am aware of. Doors, locks, hinges and cement have been bought.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
akanniade10:

Someone else. And the price given isn’t 35k. It’s 20k and (15k X 7) totaling 125k. Isn’t there like a price range for this?

125K for door installation is too expensive..shey na 2million you buy each door nii?Btw,where you bought it dont dey have installers there?I think they should.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
temi4fash:

Thanks for your input.

We have not started building yet.

Just trying to put cost into consideration and the time to finish too.

Can you explain the temporary part you mentioned.

Am also thinking, is it possible do deck one part and roof the other part.

Thanks

U have a pent already. Please get a plan so that u would really have an overview of what u want
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2019
akanniade10:

Tell the guy that I call him big thief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
akanniade10:

what kind of door is iT?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
twinskenny:
what kind of door is iT?
laughing well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
akanniade10:

Haba, those prices are outrageous,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
akanniade10:

Yr bricklayer or aluminium guys should be able to install the doors. It shouldn't need special costs like dat

(1) (2) (3) ... (1228) (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) ... (3676) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: djaybaba, Blessedsunny2(m), saydfact(m), psychologist(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.