Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,202 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433312 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 1:07am On Sep 20, 2019
akanniade10:
Greetings to everyone, pls does anyone know the cost to install doors. I just bought 8 doors (1 front door and 7 inner doors) i have bought the keys and hinges as well. But the installation price seems to be on the high side. 20k to install 1 front door and 15k each to install the 7 inner doors.

Pls is this normal price to install doors?

Very abnormal price!

Let us break it down, what is the Carpenter supposed to do:
- Nail all hinges to the doors
- Install the Door frames on the walls of the door entrance (Small Cement work to smoothen edges here)
- Nail Hinged doors to the frames
- Install the Keys

Maximum price you should pay anyone, even a cheat of a carpenter, is 50K to 60K, to install all eight doors!
I understand this is just LABOUR COST, right?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 6:28am On Sep 20, 2019
akanniade10:
Greetings to everyone, pls does anyone know the cost to install doors. I just bought 8 doors (1 front door and 7 inner doors) i have bought the keys and hinges as well. But the installation price seems to be on the high side. 20k to install 1 front door and 15k each to install the 7 inner doors.

Pls is this normal price to install doors?

You shouldn't pay more than 5k each for the installation of these doors. And again Contact

Nike +2348030684647 of Lanomma Options, she supplied these exact wooden doors for us recently. The plain door for 65k and the glass door for 70k. Cost covers for installation and delivery.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mohr(m): 9:39am On Sep 20, 2019
Hello House,

I urgently need to know the cost of wooden door subframe around Lagos, installation inclusive please. Anticipating quick response. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2019
GM, rotecch77,

I am a new member here, I have seen a lot of your build, I am impressed! I have project and I was quoted some prices for windows. I just want to check if he is being honest. The site is in Ibeju, I need your help, can you tell me the prices for casement windows with net and burglary for the following sizes:

1800 x 1200 3panel
1500 x 1200 3panel
1200 x 1200 3panel
600 x 700
600 x 1200
900 x 1500
and the accessories need to place the windows and possible installion cost. Remain Blessed!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
Need a professional to install your building's P.O.P ceiling? Screed the walls to make it as smooth as glass? Install all kinds of P.O.P designs like wall demarcation, T.v stand, wine cabinets and the likes? Install Roman arch at the entrance and dinning? Windows and doors art? Pillar and column designs?

Contact us at His Grace Interiors for the best of the best at affordable prices.
Our reputation precedes us, especially here on Nairaland.
You can check all our other threads here on NL for further info.
A trial, I'm sure , will definitely convince you.

You can reach us on +2347069462837 or hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com for further information and enquiries.
We're available 24/7 anywhere in Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2019
For home & office furniture
Call Maplewood Furniture
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Umarzy(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
Umarzy:
Hello House.

Who has an idea of the price of a 600mm X 600mm suspended gypsum ceiling board/panel.

Regards smiley

Does Anybody know?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
Umarzy:

Does Anybody know?
cc dominionng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
Jeff68:
GM, rotecch77,

I am a new member here, I have seen a lot of your build, I am impressed! I have project and I was quoted some prices for windows. I just want to check if he is being honest. The site is in Ibeju, I need your help, can you tell me the prices for casement windows with net and burglary for the following sizes:

1800 x 1200 3panel
1500 x 1200 3panel
1200 x 1200 3panel
600 x 700
600 x 1200
900 x 1500
and the accessories need to place the windows and possible installion cost. Remain Blessed!

Aluminum window prices depends on the type of the materials used I.e Nigeria tower product, Nigalex, thick imported Aluminum, light gauge imported Aluminum.

Nigeria Tower brand

1800x1200 cost btw 55-60k
1500x1200 Btw 50-55k
1200x1200 btw 40-45k
600x700 btw 20-22k
1200x600 btw 25-28k
900x1500 btw 40-45k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2019
thank you very sir, I will be using Tower product

Aluminum window prices depends on the type of the materials used I.e Nigeria towal product, Nigalex, thick imported Aluminum, light gauge imported Aluminum.

Nigeria Towal brand

1800x1200 cost btw 55-60k
1500x1200 Btw 50-55k
1200x1200 btw 40-45k
600x700 btw 20-22k
1200x600 btw 25-28k
900x1500 btw 40-45k[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NowisGod109(f): 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
Here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2019
NowisGod109:
What can one build on 137.8sq.meter of land, with how many parking space. I need a good architect in Lagos.
Here is one smiley
message us on https:///2348100452977
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
NowisGod109:
What can one build on 137.8sq.meter of land, with how many parking space. I need a good architect in Lagos.

Certain informations will be required to attempt this question for functionality and optimization reasons, ranging from location, proximity, ROI (return on investment), prospects and government polices (town planning), etc...

In a densely populated neighborhood, 137.8sqm is a lot of space, its about been minimal in approach and maximizing its immediate potential.

Numbers of parking space required is dependent on the type of structure proposed. Eg. A store or mall required parking space is 3 per 100sqm of building area. (Architect's data)..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
where we are
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
bixton:

For maintainability it could be cumbersome which is limited to the degree and nature of the work to be done.
As regards "fast self deterioration" of the building, I disagree. In order to do such, those responsible should do the design of the structure in order to carry all loads.

When I say self-deterioration, I do not mean structural failure (there's nothing like structural deterioration). I simply mean physical deterioration of building (a technical jargon in building maintenance) which is common to such types of designs.
This can be well prevented by constant reconstruction of the felt (which is quite expensive and unnecessary) but best prevented by avoiding such overhead tank designs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adegunle4(m): 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
We offer professional services in building design, interior design and construction. We can as well manage your building project and give you good value for your money. Contact us today 0706 847 4271 or nthdesigniq@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hordbaz(m): 7:48am On Sep 21, 2019
For tiles installation of houses, Churches, Mosques, shops e.t.c
SOUTHWEST TILES INSTALLATION Contact 08028543646 or Whatsapp 08114178911
For anyone that want to do tiles installation at Ìbàdàn, Oyo State
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatunji67POP(m): 9:34am On Sep 21, 2019
My name is Olatunji, a POP expert. I am into POP artworks and designs.

Please consult me for your POP artworks and designs and you will NEVER regret you did. For superb works and affordable fees, I am at your service sirs and ma'am. phone number:07062567817 or 08090945484

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2019
temi4fash:
Hello Senior Engineers on the house.

Whixh is cheaper to do decking or roofing for a 2 flat 3 bedroom all ensuite building.

The plan is to do 4 flat though but funds is doing ojoro right now?

We are still in the planning and discussions phase.

Your input would be highly appreciated

In terms of cost, A stone coated tile roof is approximately same cost as a deck.

An aluminium roof is cheaper than a deck.

In terms of maintenance, its better to do a roof because a deck exposed to the elements may leak over time. Most countries where a deck slab is used as roof are areas with very low precipitation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:39am On Sep 21, 2019
KIDfurniture:
Drainage problem ...how do I channel water back to the front gate ?

Through landscaping. Control the slope of your compound.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
Dominionng:

You shouldn't pay more than 5k each for the installation of these doors. And again Contact

Nike +2348030684647 of Lanomma Options, she supplied these exact wooden doors for us recently. The plain door for 65k and the glass door for 70k. Cost covers for installation and delivery.

Let see the pictures of the door Nike supplied you here so that we can patronise her
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
Can u shows us the pictures of the doors, quote author=Larwin post=82389300]

Yr bricklayer or aluminium guys should be able to install the doors. It shouldn't need special costs like dat [/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
50k bawo... which state you dey...what type of doors did you buy ? Imported or local doors.. if u re close I will get you people to Install at cheap rate ...

quote author=Excuzeme post=82391965]

Very abnormal price!

Let us break it down, what is the Carpenter supposed to do:
- Nail all hinges to the doors
- Install the Door frames on the walls of the door entrance (Small Cement work to smoothen edges here)
- Nail Hinged doors to the frames
- Install the Keys

Maximum price you should pay anyone, even a cheat of a carpenter, is 50K to 60K, to install all eight doors!
I understand this is just LABOUR COST, right?

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boma4success: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2019
Hello my great Engineers in the house, please I will like to be enlightened on the construction of a water tank stand over a septic tank. My engineer advised I build my tank stand on the septic / soak away tank we are about to construct. He said we will only need 4pcs of 16mm to reinforce the water tank stand pillar from inside the ground to the top(where d water tank will be placed). And 12mm rods will be used for other things like underground pillars, first chaining, second chaining and the slab.
Please is this best way to go about it?
God bless you as you drop your comments / advices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eddybongo101: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2019
rotecch77:

Inconclusive info.
Provide your drawing, QS will answer you and others professionals in the field from the forum here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NowisGod109(f): 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

Certain informations will be required to attempt this question for functionality and optimization reasons, ranging from location, proximity, ROI (return on investment), prospects and government polices (town planning), etc...

In a densely populated neighborhood, 137.8sqm is a lot of space, its about been minimal in approach and maximizing its immediate potential.

Numbers of parking space required is dependent on the type of structure proposed. Eg. A store or mall required parking space is 3 per 100sqm of building area. (Architect's data)..

Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2019
boma4success:
Hello my great Engineers in the house, please I will like to be enlightened on the construction of a water tank stand over a septic tank. My engineer advised I build my tank stand on the septic / soak away tank we are about to construct. He said we will only need 4pcs of 16mm to reinforce the water tank stand pillar from inside the ground to the top(where d water tank will be placed). And 12mm rods will be used for other things like underground pillars, first chaining, second chaining and the slab.

you need to provide some certain information which is not given here..

is your supposed engr a structural engineer or he just said that on assumptions

what is the geotechnical condition of the soil

what size of tank are you looking at

the depth of septic tank and width
the tank structures it self will it be constructed using steel or reinforced concrete ..

I asked all this because he needs to be extra careful when he's designing the required footings/base for this column which the sewer must not seep backwards to it and cause deterioration of reinforcement ..

He needs to use a separate concrete grade below the ground level also. just tell him to design it to b sure it might not be Y16 as proposed.. my take
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 7:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
boma4success:
bros even when ur engineer tells u its safe, please if there is land, do them separately

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
Please where can this type of building in Nigeria?
rotecch77, Spyder880, Egunmogaji, mufutau55,Adegunle4 and others

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2019

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2019
boma4success:
Though it's very difficult to understand the picture you are painting, yet I foresee a dangerous unprofessional practice there. Notwithstanding, to help us have an objective assessment of the situation, can you paste the designs showing the septic tank and the water tank?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aduragbemi45(m), topsy23, Riosystem and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.