Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378609 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
megacontrol:
Going by four coaches, what does that bring your effective headroom to? over 3m?

Have you seen any residential build go beyond four coaches?

For some time now, we have been considering a really high headroom design for an upcoming project.

I'm not sure but four coaches should be about or over 3m headroom depending on the POP drop.

I have experienced over four coaches with columns on a bungalow. It was really good feel to the house.

If you wish to go for high headroom, as always consult a structural engineer and seek a master finish to bring it all out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
gabbytabby:
I need phone and WhatsApp no of an architect that can put together full set of drawings for a family of mine.

Hope you're enjoying. My regards.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2019
gabbytabby:
I need phone and WhatsApp no of an architect that can put together full set of drawings for a family of mine.
contact me ma 08060506857
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nifemiayoade(m): 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
gabbytabby:
I recommend ARCHARAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY WHATSAPP OR CALL 08069253261
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
Ladies & Gentlemen
Rock Of Ages Aluminium Construction Company
Specialized: ALUMINIUM WINDOW with BURGLARY or without BURGLARY
Rockofagesaluminium7@gmail.com
Please Call:08069609983 Or WhatsApp
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2019
gabbytabby:

Cc. Darenyx
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
gabbytabby:

We are to serve you, you can checkout our page@ https://www.nairaland.com/5197065/affordable-sweet-building-designs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ronke360(f): 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
bixton:

Your statement best stands out as an assumption and not verifiable and one of those building construction myths peddled.
The time factor/time line stated by AyeMaDaFunMi on his originating post is in order and will not bring any defect on the structure.
The only phase he needs to limit the time between the roofing wood frame work and the installation of the roofing sheets. It's either they are both done and considered as a single phase or the time interval between both should not be more than 3 months.
It is empirical and verifiable.

Causes of building defects are multi-dimensional and cuts across all process involved in producing the structure.

what do you define as myths? That any structural break in the wall could compromise the building envelope? Or 12months is enough time compromise integrity of masonry with moisture intrusion?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

It is empirical and verifiable.

Causes of building defects are multi-dimensional [/b]and cuts across all process involved in producing the structure.

[b]what do you define as myths?
That any structural break in the wall could compromise the building envelope? Or 12months is enough time compromise integrity of masonry with moisture intrusion?

Bold 1....it's good you mentioned it.
Bold 2.....Your myth is green algae forming tiny roots, growing and finding their way into crevice on walls which in turn will dislodge the blocks.
Bold 3......if you are limiting it to just masonry aspects of the work, there will be no significant compromise resulting from moisture intrusion even if the delay period is 24 months.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2019
OnMyHonor:
Ladies and Gents, some Months ago, l introduced a Builder who worked for me in building one of my house, on this thread.
He was very dilligent and honest in his work moreover, l found him cool-headed and very mature and most of all, he knew what he was doing.

So, l said: Let me expose this Builder to others who have been lamenting over their rogue builders.
I wasn't expecting anyone to believe me because l was using my alternate i.d (just for confidentiality reasons and nothing more) but somehow, some people could see that my opinion and recommendation of this builder was damn hinest and with no ulterior motive.

So, some Nairalanders gave him the chance to see if l was right and this builder was really what l claimed he was (or maybe l was just another scammer with alternate i.d. grin ).

A few months down the line, the kind of REPORT l was getting from the people who took a chance on him, made me really glad that l did what l did and l want to use this opportunity to thank Nairalanders who beleived in what l said and showed faith.

I am also happy that the Builder (BashyBuilds) has not disappointed me with his Customers, from what they are saying about him.
I want to encourage more people to give him jobs and report back to this house (as we use to do in the early days) because we need to encourage good, trustworthy and reliable builders on this forum such that pur projects can go on smoothly with peace of mind and at reasonable cost.

He has opened a page for himself on this property section to show his own works

https://www.nairaland.com/5460095/bashy-builds-delight-house-owners

A good Name is Better than Sudden Riches.
BashyBuilds
, keep it up and dont ever forget how you started and that strangers showed trust in you. Dont disappoint anyone.

I repeat his details below.

BASHY-BUILDS
Phone
: +234 708 860 8044, +234 814 094 7696
WhatsApp: +234 708 860 8044
good,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2019
gabbytabby:

Contact me on 07038166370 call or WhatsApp
Or visit www.facebook.com/dennis3ds to see some of my works.

Or my profile here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 1:57am On Oct 10, 2019
It's the ember months again and as is well known, most people are planning to move into their new homes before the new year arrives.
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
There will also be discounts on all our other services like
*Wall and deck screeding
*Pillars and Arc designs,
*Windows and doors design,
*Wall demarcation and skirting,
*Parapets screeding e.t.c
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Or visit our website on our signature

N.B: Terms and Conditions applied
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fsharday: 8:44am On Oct 10, 2019
Eko Maintenance Limited is a rapidly growing Facility Management Company that specializes in maintenance of high rise building facilities with office located in Victoria Island, Lagos. In view of our quest for expansion, we are currently recruiting to fill the position below:

Quantity Surveyor

Responsibilities;
Presenting detailed information on the cost of particular elements of work on a periodic basis to enable payment for those works carried out to date.
Organizing the division of a project into its component work packages, then awarding these work packages to smaller, more specialized construction companies offering the best deal.
Managing costs to make sure that the initial budget isn't exceeded.
Arranging payments at the end of a job and settling the final accounts.
Acting as financial advisors and monitoring progress for the client.

Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications to: recruitment2@ekomaintenance.com using "QUANTITY SURVEYOR" as title of the mail.

deadline is 18th Oct 2019

please refer people if you know anyone inteterested
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
Good afternoon all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
RockOfAgesAlumi:
Good afternoon all
gud afternoon
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
Call or Whatsapp me on 09069193297 for your tiling work
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tunapy01: 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hi and greetings to the house. I just got a Plot of land somewhere around the sango area and i am planning on building a room and parlor self-contained on the land. I will be glad if anyone on here does have a Plan and pictures to kindly share with me so I can use. Something modern to be precise. I will be glad if you can share your Plan with me and may Allah SWT bless us all... Ameen Allah mockinbirds2@yahoo.com if you can send it to my email address thanks one more time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dkizzy01: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
tunapy01:
Hi and greetings to the house. I just got a Plot of land somewhere around the sango area and i am planning on building a room and parlor self-contained on the land. I will be glad if anyone on here does have a Plan and pictures to kindly share with me so I can use. Something modern to be precise. I will be glad if you can share your Plan with me and may Allah SWT bless us all... Ameen Allah mockinbirds2@yahoo.com if you can send it to my email address thanks one more time.

I can supply you sand and blocks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dkizzy01: 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
Please patronise us today

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2019
Please Call:08069609983 Or WhatsApp
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
sako28:
Hello house,

Any idea the cost for stamp concrete per square meter.

Thank you

What type foreign or local? I do local 3500

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
gabbytabby:

08169124050. Chat him on whatsap
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 4:18am On Oct 11, 2019
RockOfAgesAlumi
Enquiry today
Rockofagesaluminium7@gmail.com
Pls Call :08069609983 Or WhatsApp
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hordbaz(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2019
SOUTHWEST TILES INSTALLATION
Specialized on TILES INSTALLATION and general cleaning contact 08028543646 or WhatsApp 08114178911
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
Oga Diordaves we give glory to God always. This rain rain everyday tire person.

diordaves:

Hope you're enjoying. My regards.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AyeMaDaFunMi: 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
Some of you may find this interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPO_OJ0DC7c
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossypet(m): 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hello. Pls do you know anyone who sells wood or can supply at Ilaro, Ogun state? I need a contact pls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2019
jossypet:
Hello. Pls do you know anyone who sells wood or can supply at Ilaro, Ogun state? I need a contact pls
evening sir, i can supply u if u dont mind sir, contact adedward on 08135810794 thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossypet(m): 1:27am On Oct 12, 2019
Adedward:
evening sir, i can supply u if u dont mind sir, contact adedward on 08135810794 thanks
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Delaw00(m): 1:33am On Oct 12, 2019
I'm happy to be in a thread like this to learn and know more about things.Now having a plan to build a small 3 bedroom flat of something like this picture below....did some research online but i want a skilled and pro here to put me through with the cost and probably analysis to make up a good building like this....pls pardon my typo error and english..thanks in addycheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.