Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4446699 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by buzzetin(m): 2:05am On Apr 10, 2020
Bovijean:

Roughly 150k sir
Good job sir in quoting and putting your price out here.
Most of the people in this nairaland will always tell people to call them for price / saying sizes or locations differ .

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Emmycool85: 7:04am On Apr 10, 2020
But the DPC can still be done without a German floor right? I gave my building to someone to manage and they didn't do any German floor

saydfact:

German Floor is the concrete after Filling

DPC/DPM is the polythene layer between them... (to stop ground water, moisture etc)

If you don't do German floor, you can't do the DPC/DPM appropriately...

like Dubemcapital1 advised - GERMAN FLOOR makes the building better.... by transferring load evenly.... (make i stop here)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 7:40am On Apr 10, 2020
Emmycool85:
But the DPC can still be done without a German floor right? I gave my building to someone to manage and they didn't do any German floor

I doubt it o, what level of construction are they
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 8:32am On Apr 10, 2020
megacontrol:
What are the sizes and sale prices?
Also, include transportation cost to Chevron toll gate Lekki axis.

Thanks

40ft and 20ft
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:34am On Apr 10, 2020
Emmycool85:

NO. you can't do DPC without German Floor.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 8:38am On Apr 10, 2020
[@saydfact is it a must to include the polythene layer when doing the German Floor, even when d land is a dry ground with solid soil.
quote author=saydfact post=88282562]

NO. you can't do DPC without German Floor. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:47am On Apr 10, 2020
yinkaoke:
[@saydfact is it a must to include the polythene layer when doing the German Floor, even when d land is a dry ground with solid soil.
quote author=saydfact post=88282562]

NO. you can't do DPC without German Floor.

It's best practice or we can say it's standard practice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:14am On Apr 10, 2020
olumide4christ:

No problem sir...."Eku lockdown". Thanks.

OGA mi, lockdown to serious nii o
May Almighty God protect us all.
Amin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Good morning all and happy good Friday..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 1:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
Eku lockdown oo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
[quote
To open it more for you members
For example
.Any pumping machine submersible 1hp lesser than 70-80 is not European make. ( although those good China will still perform the magic o)

Let me just stop here for now [/quote]

Please, which are the good China brands? Do you sell them? Prices? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Enyinne:
My People . I need help oo. I hv this plan for a half plot of land 30/120ft or 326sq in a fairly good land in sangotedo . Pls what’s the average cost for the foundation to decking on estimate . Here’s is the plan for the house .Does the plan seem ok . Pls I need input .Eku lockdown oo.
Pls seek the service of a QS in the forum. soil test is very important.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
Soil test is not a problem but land is ok
Chekitaut:
Pls seek the service of a QS in the forum. soil test is very important.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
Enyinne:
Soil test is not a problem but land is ok

Good Afternoon its better u carry out a soil test irrespective of what you think in absence of this,

make sure u carry out a structural design and don't assume the element sizes please ..You are left with an option where ur designer might assume d subgrade modulus/S.B.c this implies that u might have over design members which is not cost effective or under design which might look cheaper and lead to a serviceability failure in no time and may look like an easy options..

for the real question u asked an estimated price may be given if we can see ur structural drawing in line with this..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
Thanks for commenting . I will get the structural drawing and revert ASAP.
Amastermovic:

Good Afternoon its better u carry out a soil test irrespective of what you think in absence of this,

make sure u carry out a structural design and don't assume the element sizes please ..You are left with an option where ur designer might assume d subgrade modulus/S.B.c this implies that u might have over design members which is not cost effective or under design which might look cheaper and lead to a serviceability failure in no time and may look like an easy options..

for the real question u asked an estimated price may be given if we can see ur structural drawing in line with this..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FrostyButter: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Bovijean:

Roughly 150k sir
I really appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
Enyinne:
Thanks for commenting . I will get the structural drawing and revert ASAP.

We can also handle your MEP design drawings.

You can visit our thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1804476/complete-package-design-drawing-mechanical/3
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
Enyinne:
Eku lockdown oo

Why did u edit and remove the plan?

Your question was for an estimate.... Not a detailed BOQ.

The same parameters the QS would assume could be gotten and your estimate delivered.

Let me state also, that there are ratios, and constants used to arrive at estimated quantities of rebar, concrete etc. without having to do the design.( IF IT'S FOR ESTIMATE ONLY)

Offcourse, you would need the design to build but you don't need the design to HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO BUILD.

We call it PRE-TENDER OR ESTIMATED COST. and it's done b4 the IFC drawings are issued.

So, if what you needed was an estimate... It was possible using the architectural design.

Goodluck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
Check for ur windows embedded with burglaries, call 08135810794,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
I want to use this medium to advertise the new step on our construction firm (Rotech building concept)
By introducing BIOGAS and BIODIGEST system of waste evacuation to you people.

Here is the thread I created for the system

https://www.nairaland.com/5786342/biogas-bio-toilet-bio-digester-toilet#88309204

We don’t need much introduction here.
We are house hold name in nairaland, our past and present clients can testify to this.

Let’s go straight to the business.

Biogas/ bio-digester waste system.

Today we can see that innovation doesn’t not stop on how to make life more easier for ourself by introducing new system that will safe money, time, stress, and many more throughout the world, that is the why India people come up with this human waste( feces) system that is more reliable and more environmental friendly to the people called BIOGAS and BIODIGESTER to eliminate old system(septic/ suck away.
Most of you may have come across this system
Before here or outside here.

BIODIGESTER 2 methods
Biodigester is a system whereby four compartment chamber are designed to treat and decomposed humans waste(feces) through anaerobic action which will convert the solid waste to water and methane.

HOW DOES THIS WORK
The 1st chamber or compartment is where the human waste will 1st entered through the toilet soil pipe outlet, the solid waste will drop at the bottom of the chamber, then the bacterial present in there will act on it and eat the solid waste and decomposed it ( anaerobic action)
Immediately the water filled up it will flow into the second chamber through the connection pipe way.
In the second chamber the same action will take place again till the End chamber.
At this point the water will comes out clean like about 95-98pec clean.

2. Another system is we will construct only one chamber (box) of size 1500*600 then the waste water will flow into this box which then Flow into Little seprate section in the box the process continue from there

1. It will be odorless
2. Colorless.
3. Environmental friendly.

At this point you can now channel the water into a small constructed suck away or into the drainage outside
Also
-the water can be recycle again to use in flushing the toilet system.
- the water can be used to water plant.

Advantage over old system of evacuating waste is

1- it digest organic solid in an ecological way
2-it save cost of evacuation
3- it’s odorless
4-it also server as alternative of dumping effluents into river and lagoon (Lagos state come to mind here )
5- it save cost in construction than the old regular system.
6. It takes only little space
7. It also prevent human waste and untreated water from contaminating ground water.

This same process is almost the same to BIOGAS but there is a diff in the chamber construction system.
More so the gas from the methane can be used As COOKING GAS.

We are now partner with a firm to carry out any of this system at friendly cost.

Where you can use this system
1 schools
2 commercial building : hotels, mall etc
3. Hospitals
4 , public toilet
5 markets etc

COST
For a 2bedroom to 4 bedroom flat range btw 200- 250k
Duplex range from 200-300k
Hotels from 300-350k

You can reach us for any questions about this
Pics of the past project attached.

Contact
Rotech building concept
+2348066619493 call
08066619493 what zap

Edited

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 1:58am On Apr 11, 2020
Hi,

Does this TCC apply to those living abroad Its a questions that I been meaning to ask for years. How can I present what I don't have? I don't work or live in Nigeria but each time, they want us to magically present it... we end up paying bribe to move on... Please is there a legal stand to this matter regarding Unemployed?

Sosqui:

50k is to start the registration process. I spent a total of about N250k in doing mine. TCC means tax clearance certificate. You can discuss with a Tax consultant on how you can get yours if you are into business or your employer to give you your recent TCC if you are an employee.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 5:31am On Apr 11, 2020
rotecch77:
I want to use this medium to advertise the new step on our construction firm (Rotech building concept)
By introducing BIOGAS and BIODIGEST system of waste evacuation to you people.

Here is the thread I created for the system

https://www.nairaland.com/5786342/biogas-bio-toilet-bio-digester-toilet#88309204

We don’t need much introduction here.
We are house hold name in nairaland, our past and present clients can testify to this.

Let’s go straight to the business.

Biogas/ bio-digester waste system.

Today we can see that innovation doesn’t not stop on how to make life more easier for ourself by introducing new system that will safe money, time, stress, and many more throughout the world, that is the why India people come up with this human waste( feces) system that is more reliable and more environmental friendly to the people called BIOGAS and BIODIGESTER to eliminate old system(septic/ suck away.
Most of you may have come across this system
Before here or outside here.

BIODIGESTER
Biodigester is a system whereby four compartment chamber are designed to treat and decomposed humans waste(feces) through anaerobic action which will convert the solid waste to water and methane.

HOW DOES THIS WORK
The 1st chamber or compartment is where the human waste will 1st entered through the toilet soil pipe outlet, the solid waste will drop at the bottom of the chamber, then the bacterial present in there will act on it and eat the solid waste and decomposed it ( anaerobic action)
Immediately the water filled up it will flow into the second chamber through the connection pipe way.
In the second chamber the same action will take place again till the End chamber.
At this point the water will comes out clean like about 95-98pec clean.

1. It will be odorless
2. Colorless.
3. Environmental friendly.

At this point you can now channel the water into a small constructed suck away or into the drainage outside
Also
-the water can be recycle again to use in flushing the toilet system.
- the water can be used to water plant.

Advantage over old system of evacuating waste is

1- it digest organic solid in an ecological way
2-it save cost of evacuation
3- it’s odorless
4-it also server as alternative of dumping effluents into river and lagoon (Lagos state come to mind here )
5- it save cost in construction than the old regular system.
6. It takes only little space
7. It also prevent human waste and untreated water from contaminating ground water.

This same process is almost the same to BIOGAS but there is a diff in the chamber construction system.
More so the gas from the methane can be used As COOKING GAS.

We are now partner with a firm to carry out any of this system at friendly cost.

Where you can use this system
1 schools
2 commercial building : hotels, mall etc
3. Hospitals
4 , public toilet
5 markets etc

COST
For a 2bedroom to 4 bedroom flat range btw 200- 250k
Duplex range from 200-300k
Hotels from 300-350k

You can reach us for any questions about this
Pics of the past project attached.

Contact
Rotech building concept
+2348066619493 call
08066619493 whatzap
Good morning sir, I. Have a liitle question
What are the disadvantages
What's the lifespan
Does the cost cover the materials, excavation, workmanship, logistics etc
If one has an already existing septic tank and soakaway which has not been used, can it be converted to this new one.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 5:35am On Apr 11, 2020
Adedward:
Check for ur windows embedded with burglaries, call 08135810794,
Is the hollow pipe u used as the burglary not prone to rusting easily?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:47am On Apr 11, 2020
rotecch77:

OGA mi, lockdown to serious nii o
May Almighty God protect us all.
Amin
bobkezel:

Is the hollow pipe u used as the burglary not prone to rusting easily?
no sir, am using thick pipe, and it will be paint anti wrust before the paint,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:23am On Apr 11, 2020
saydfact:

It's best practice or we can say it's standard practice.

Please is this okay and what is it called. Half DPC

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2020
Muyi002:

Please is this okay and what is it called. Half DPC

Personally I haven't done it b4.
I always advice German floor BUT money is a factor and I understand why.

Better than not doing any
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:52am On Apr 11, 2020
bobkezel:

Good morning sir, I. Have a liitle question
What are the disadvantages
What's the lifespan
Does the cost cover the materials, excavation, workmanship, logistics etc
If one has an already existing septic tank and soakaway which has not been used, can it be converted to this new one.
Thanks

The biodigest doesn’t have disadvantage against old system presently

But biogas do, bcs if much waste doesn’t available the supply of gas only for cooking and others stuffs will not function.

Yes we can convert the old system of waste evacuation to this new one (biodigest only).

The life span of both is 70-80yrs for the setup.
But in a situation whereby multiple people are using the biodigest system like schools, hospitals, hotels which like 50-60 peoples make uses of the toilet Per day, you need to evacuate the left over sand inside the chamber ones in 4-5yrs.
Just to pack the sand out by labour and the sand is also as clean (95pec)as the water that came
out from the system
duplex can take like 15-25 yrs before you will pack the little sand there.

The packing can’t cost you more than 5k

Lastly the cost cover both materials and labour

More questions are welcome.
Let’s safe our environment against diseases like cholera and related ones
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bfire(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2020
rotecch77:

The biodigest doesn’t have disadvantage against old system presently

But biogas do, bcs if much waste doesn’t available the supply of gas only for cooking and others stuffs will not function.

Yes we can convert the old system of waste evacuation to this new one (biodigest only).

The life span of both is 70-80yrs for the setup.
But in a situation whereby multiple people are using the biodigest system like schools, hospitals, hotels which like 50-60 peoples make uses of the toilet Per day, you need to evacuate the left over sand inside the chamber ones in 4-5yrs.
Just to pack the sand out by labour and the sand is also as clean (95pec)as the water that came
out from the system
duplex can take like 15-25 yrs before you will pack the little sand there.

The packing can’t cost you more than 5k

Lastly the cost cover both materials and labour

More questions are welcome.
Let’s safe our environment against diseases like cholera and related ones

Do you currently use these two at your place?

What's the practical effect to you?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 9:01am On Apr 11, 2020
DPC and DPM

Many do not understand the difference between these two things in construction. Please they are completely different and should not be used interchangeably. The serve similar purpose in different ways.

DPM is Damp Proof Membrane. It is a membrane, like a nylon, polyethene or polyester material laid on the surface of filling in foundation on which hardcore will be placed before casting the over site concrete (that most people call German floor). The purpose is to prevent water from rising from the foundation into the building through capillary action.

DPM is Damp Proof Course. It is a "course" it is usually on the block work in foundation before casting the oversite concrete (German floor). Many people dont follow standard practice again so people are getting more and more ignorant about the right things.

DPC is a course, about 50mm or 75mm thick on block work in foundation, it can be made of special concrete (with additives), bituminous material etc that are water proof and do not allow water to pass through. You will rarely see this being done in Nigeria today.

The purpose is to prevent water from rising from the foundation through the blockwork into the building through capillary action.

When you see buildings with wet wall, the major reason is usually lack of DPM or DPC or both.

Regardless of the nature of the site (dry or wet), DPM/DPC should be done. Except you are building entirely and directly on rocks.

People now use DPM on block work as well, so many don't know DPC.

You can go to YouTube and watch videos on the two.

If you need quantity surveying services, check my signature.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2020
Thanks for responding. I only needed to have idea and brace up for it .
saydfact:

Why did u edit and remove the plan?

Your question was for an estimate.... Not a detailed BOQ.

The same parameters the QS would assume could be gotten and your estimate delivered.

Let me state also, that there are ratios, and constants used to arrive at estimated quantities of rebar, concrete etc. without having to do the design.( IF IT'S FOR ESTIMATE ONLY)

Offcourse, you would need the design to build but you don't need the design to HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO BUILD.

We call it PRE-TENDER OR ESTIMATED COST. and it's done b4 the IFC drawings are issued.

So, if what you needed was an estimate... It was possible using the architectural design.

Goodluck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sosqui: 9:46am On Apr 11, 2020
true2home:
Hi,

Does this TCC apply to those living abroad Its a questions that I been meaning to ask for years. How can I present what I don't have? I don't work or live in Nigeria but each time, they want us to magically present it... we end up paying bribe to move on... Please is there a legal stand to this matter regarding Unemployed?

Hello,

You can discuss this issue with your tax consultant. A good tax consultant can work things out.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:54am On Apr 11, 2020
boay:
DPC and DPM

Many do not understand the difference between these two things in construction. Please they are completely different and should not be used interchangeably. The serve similar purpose in different ways.

DPM is Damp Proof Membrane. It is a membrane, like a nylon, polyethene or polyester material laid on the surface of filling in foundation on which hardcore will be placed before casting the over site concrete (that most people call German floor). The purpose is to prevent water from rising from the foundation into the building through capillary action.

DPM is Damp Proof Course. It is a "course" it is usually on the block work in foundation before casting the oversite concrete (German floor). Many people dont follow standard practice again so people are getting more and more ignorant about the right things.

DPC is a course, about 50mm or 75mm thick on block work in foundation, it can be made of special concrete (with additives), bituminous material etc that are water proof and do not allow water to pass through. You will rarely see this being done in Nigeria today.

The purpose is to prevent water from rising from the foundation through the blockwork into the building through capillary action.

When you see buildings with wet wall, the major reason is usually lack of DPM or DPC or both.

Regardless of the nature of the site (dry or wet), DPM/DPC should be done. Except you are building entirely and directly on rocks.

People now use DPM on block work as well, so many don't know DPC.

You can go to YouTube and watch videos on the two.

If you need quantity surveying services, check my signature.

Good of you”waa gbayii” I said same thing some pages back, dpc, and Dpm are diff in practice but they serve same purposes while the so called German floor is “oversite concrete”

The only thing I see btw the 2 now is that if you do dpc in some area it likely that the water ingress do occurred again so it’s better to adopt DPM system to stop this water capillary action.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bixton(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.