Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,269 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399819 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anikkyshaya: 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
soonest:

Sorry dear, i may not be able to help you. Mine is government land, was sourced through staff welfare so we paid in bulk for all the fees stipulated

No problem, thank you for your response.�
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
How is plastering work usually/generally priced?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
lastpage:

You want to create enemies for me, ehn? grin grin
At the end of the day, l will name those l can remember off-hand but there may be one or two good ones whose name have escaped my thoughts right now
To me, Competency involves Sound knowledge and excellent Skills of the trade, Honesty with Clients, Dilligence with resources entrusted with, reliability to deliver to schedule at the best price and fear of God

Spyder880
Abdulwastecx/Podosci

Aventures
Kolashangone
Segcymoor
Skimanski
darenyx

If you fall into the above category and l did not mention you, please say 'Hi' here.

There are also competent Electricals, Fabricators (Doors windows), paint supplier like @gbadexy here, who dont fall into the category of builders.
List of pioneer members they gave all the information everyone enjoyed in this property section. They disseminate info to build but wicked people use the info without consulting them. there's God ooo. #theyhavefamilies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 10:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
omanzo02:
How is plastering work usually/generally priced?

Professional priced per Square meters
Local or commonly by panel by panel
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
Matracy:
Please I’m at the process of roofing and connecting my house with electrical and plumbing system. I will like someone to explain to me how water gets to the top flats in this building as I can’t see any tank towers or overhead tank.
Also what does a reverse osmosis for water treatment mean?

There could be a pump (electrically driven) with a pressure switch control which runs on demand to maintain pressure in the system.

Reverse osmosis is a water treatment system to defoul the original source water so it can be fit for domestic purposes, drinking even.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:15am On Jun 02, 2020
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Warri Delta state
Roof Design : Shingles Design
Colour: Black
Roof meters: =580Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chemicool: 1:49am On Jun 02, 2020
Muyi002:

Hi Bro,
As I had explained to you, the number of bags used during the blinding stage was accurate as I witnessed its usage. My blinding thickness was about 9 inches to 12 inches depending on the topography of the blinded area. I also want to say that I don't see it as a waste, it's my house and the best is what I want.

As it relates to setting of blocks, 1 bag of cement don't set 80 blocks, 1 bag of cement will set between 50 to 55 blocks.

All the best bro.

Thanks for your response. I actually got here before we discussed on WhatsApp. Thanks for your time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chemicool: 2:58am On Jun 02, 2020
Brave to all our great builders in the house. Please is it good to mould blocks manually? What are the advantages of the factory blocks over the blocks moulded manually?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:19am On Jun 02, 2020
twinskenny:

baba how you dey now.. longest time.. i dey your village o grin

Really? grin

And I was home yesterday, will be moving to Anambra state today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:24am On Jun 02, 2020
chemicool:
Brave to all our great builders in the house. Please is it good to mould blocks manually? What are the advantages of the factory blocks over the blocks moulded manually?

It's cheaper to mold blocks manually, its good to mold blocks manually only if you can ensure the quality of your blocks are better than the ones made in block industries.

The advantages of factory blocks are the relative uniformity in production, ease of purchase and timeliness of delivery. In fact, convenience.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 6:27am On Jun 02, 2020
spyder880:

It's cheaper to mold blocks manually, its good to mold blocks manually only if you can ensure the quality of your blocks are better than the ones made in block industries.

The advantages of factory blocks are the relative uniformity in production, ease of purchase and timeliness of delivery. In fact, convenience.
sent a PM pls check

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:32am On Jun 02, 2020
veekid:
sent a PM pls check

I usually can't access my PMs, please send me a WhatsApp chat, 0803 335 0750.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 10:00am On Jun 02, 2020
Good Morning house. Please when is it proper to install ameriacna panel door, before or after tiling?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:19am On Jun 02, 2020
mufutau55:

Ogami sir. Long time. Hope we are all well. Thanks.

Hajji M.

Alhamdulilah Sir! Hope the family is doing fine too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 02, 2020
cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2020
Cylovee:
please house need your assistance in locating a HOUSE TO RENT at Jimeta, Yola, or near by location. 1bedroom selfcontain or 2badroom, maximum budget 70000 per annually thanks. 09047740610
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2020
Hello @money121,

Is there any page on this thread that you do not drop your "adverts" filled with pictures?
I have just read the last few pages to catch up and there's hardly any page where you don't drop those your repetitive pictures in numbers. Very rare to find such page.

Now to my question...you being a fairly old member, are you aware the author (and subsequently other users) specifically requested no adverts here and for good reason? Do you know why?

Yes! Of course you do, yet you still go ahead to litter the thread with repeat pictures and deliberately violating the purpose of the thread.
Do your likes think being in people's faces is what brings you patronage? I tell you for free, sometimes its the opposite perception y'all leave prospective clients with.

Do you imagine what this place will look like if all vendors did exactly the same thing? Will y'all be happy when clients and customers abandon the thread for you all to be bombarding yourselves with adverts and doing competition with picture collage of the same product all the time without anything new ?

My unsolicited suggestion is to channel the effort into creating and growing your thread and share hyperlinks to your works here as required. I'm sure you know this already.

P.S: I am not your enemy or rival.I am not a vendor or contractor. I use this platform and engage in business activities herein so I hate to see its value washed down.
With this new trend, we will get to 2k pages fast but over 50% of the last 500-1k page will be junk content.

money121:
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Warri Delta state
Roof Design : Shingles Design
Colour: Black
Roof meters: =580Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2020
Start by asking how many blocks are to be used for the entire upper floor blockwork.
That way you can work out the block setting labour separate from the builder's supervision fees.

chimexdnice1:
Hello Builders in the house, please how much is appropriate (for workmanship only) to complete the upper floor block work for this project. Its a 4 bedroom duplex with two 2 bedroom flats behind. In a standard half plot. my builder is billing me 600k for that stage of work. His main reason is that it is "up work". please what do you guys think? Your response is appreciated. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by airminem(f): 12:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
lipsrsealed Thank you
megacontrol:
Hello @money121,

Is there any page on this thread that you do not drop your "adverts" filled with pictures?
I have just read the last few pages to catch up and there's hardly any page where you don't drop those your repetitive pictures in numbers. Very rare to find such page.

Now to my question...you being a fairly old member, are you aware the author (and subsequently other users) specifically requested no adverts here and for good reason? Do you know why?

Yes! Of course you do, yet you still go ahead to litter the thread with repeat pictures and deliberately violating the purpose of the thread.
Do your likes think being in people's faces is what brings you patronage? I tell you for free, sometimes its the opposite perception y'all leave prospective clients with.

Do you imagine what this place will look like if all vendors did exactly the same thing? Will y'all be happy when clients and customers abandon the thread for you all to be bombarding yourselves with adverts and doing competition with picture collage of the same product all the time without anything new ?

My unsolicited suggestion is to channel the effort into creating and growing your thread and share hyperlinks to your works here as required. I'm sure you know this already.

P.S: I am not your enemy or rival.I am not a vendor or contractor. I use this platform and engage in business activities herein so I hate to see its value washed down.
With this new trend, we will get to 2k pages fast but over 50% of the last 500-1k page will be junk content.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
spyder880:

Really? grin

And I was home yesterday, will be moving to Anambra state today.
oh great

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 12:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
Thanks.

megacontrol:
Start by asking how many blocks are to be used for the entire upper floor blockwork.
That way you can work out the block setting labour separate from the builder's supervision fees.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Poguspecial: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Are you in need of a professional touch to your building plans...?
Search no more....the answer is QUICK SERVICE VENTURE!
We offer quality building plans that suits our customers taste and preference.
We deliver Nationwide.
*Contact/WhatsApp-08067500739
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Poguspecial: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Are you in need of a professional touch to your building plans...?
Search no more....the answer is QUICK SERVICE VENTURE!
We offer quality building plans that suits our customers taste and preference.
We deliver Nationwide.
*Contact/WhatsApp-08067500739
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chemicool: 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
spyder880:

Thank you my boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Good evening all...

Any good estate agent with land for sale within the Axis of Chevron - Ajah - Ikota Villa - Ajah Maximum point.

Note: Must be a gated estate, close to the road. Serious agents should contact me for inspection.

Regards.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
I need someone to help erect Bamboo scaffold in Lekki this week.

Bamboos are already on ground

Email femidbuilder@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
Good evening happy new month all my boss!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Matracy: 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
jabolo:

There could be a pump (electrically driven) with a pressure switch control which runs on demand to maintain pressure in the system.

Reverse osmosis is a water treatment system to defoul the original source water so it can be fit for domestic purposes, drinking even.

Ok. Thank you, don’t really understand but will find out more from a good plumber.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nbg4real:
Good Morning house. Please when is it proper to install ameriacna panel door, before or after tiling?

Before tiling
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ogchase33: 10:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
Good evening fam, I have been a member of this family and I am a silent reader due to work. Please my little project is at tiling level and I have a quotation from the tiler. I will like a thorough vetting of the quotation for me please and also the type of tiles for each section of the house to bring out the best out of the project and at the same time pocket friendly. If you sell tiles at reasonable price also leave your contact so we can do business. Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ogchase33:
Good evening fam, I have been a member of this family and I am a silent reader due to work. Please my little project is at tiling level and I have a quotation from the tiler. I will like a thorough vetting of the quotation for me please and also the type of tiles for each section of the house to bring out the best out of the project and at the same time pocket friendly. If you sell tiles at reasonable price also leave your contact so we can do business. Thank you
hello good evening sir well price depend for what you want sir and your budget but if you no mind you can hook me up with this https:///2347087953771 for samples with price of tiles and for more information base for their type and quality
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
Matracy:

Ok. Thank you, don’t really understand but will find out more from a good plumber.

Dont worry, you will understand, just say what you dont understand and we would try to explain in details for you, that is the aim of this thread: INFORMATION SHARING.

Let me take the Water issue:
- Borehole is on ground level, Tank is somewhere on a Scaffold (or inside a platform in the building, hidden from sight) at the level of first or second storey.
- The Upper flats (and all flats in some cases), take their water form the Tank located on the Scaffold, at a height higher than the Building or the highest Tap point, in the building. WHY?
- WHY? When the tank is placed at a very high point, relative to the point of Tap in the Building's upper floor, it can use GRAVITY (force which acts downwards) to provide the needed Pressure to drive the water into their taps.
- Pressure generally, is proportional to Height above ground. If you want more pressure in your taps, raise your tank higher.

So, how does the Water get from the ground (or Borehole) to the Tank placed at a height (say above the second floor for a single storey House) and does not flood the location or overflow?
- There is an Electrical SUBMERSIBLE Water Pump, placed inside the Borehole, deep under the ground or on a tank at ground level.
This Pump is the one that pushes the Water from the ground level/Borehole, Up into the Tank, placed Up there above ground.

- To prevent the Water from overflowing when full and messing up things, an AUTOMATIC FLOATING SWITCH is placed inside the Tank.
Its job is to monitor the level of Water in the tank.
- It is wired such that when the Water reaches a certain "Upper level" in the tank, it will cut-off Power to the Sumbersible Pump inside the Borehole in the ground. This prevents the water from overflowing and running off from the tank.
- But when the Water level gets low to a set-level, it will also AUTOMATICALLY switch-on the Electricity to the Submersible Pump, so that it starts pumping water into the tanks again.
- So, by cutting-off and Swutching on power to the Submersible pump, the AUTOMATIC FLOATING SWITCH can regulate the level of water int he tank and prevent overflowing while ensuring that there is always enough water in the tank, for use (as long as there is Power supply).

-That Automatic Floating Swith costs between #2,500 and #6,000 but l can assure you that there is almost no observable difference betwene the cheaper one, and the very expensive one. I stopped buying the expensive ones and the cheaper has lasted years now and still working!
I hope you under stand that aspect now?

As for Reverse Osmosis, it is just a fancy name for a subject (Osmosis) we did in Secondary School.
- Osmosis is simply the movement of Water, from area of Low Concentration to areas of High Concentration, through a Semi-Permable membrane (like a Cloth, sort of). It is an "equalisation of concentration process" across a separarting membrane.
- Reverse Osmosis, means the Reverse of the above, the liquid moves from the area of High Concentration to area of Low Concentration, though a membrane, under applied presuure.
Let me provide a link for you, so you can get detailed reading on it, instead of me writing everything here (Some dont need such detailed explanation).
https://www.thoughtco.com/reverse-osmosis-overview-609400

What it does is basically to help you remove impurities from water, so that you can have a good, clean water to drink on the other side, when your source is from not very pure sources like a Borehole. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: olukaygold(m), kebliss(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.