Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368773 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ogchase33:
Good evening fam, I have been a member of this family and I am a silent reader due to work. Please my little project is at tiling level and I have a quotation from the tiler. I will like a thorough vetting of the quotation for me please and also the type of tiles for each section of the house to bring out the best out of the project and at the same time pocket friendly. If you sell tiles at reasonable price also leave your contact so we can do business. Thank you

You should have placed a Paper on the name and other details of the Supplier (to blank it out) in your Quotation, for so many reasons, least of which is that he or any of his Pals may be the one responding to you. undecided

BTW, look for and contact a member here called @EndiaSami, he deals in such item or make offer you good advice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cloth: 12:07am On Jun 03, 2020
lastpage:

Dont worry, you will understand, just say what you dont understand and we would try to explain in details for you, that is the aim of this thread: INFORMATION SHARING.

Let me take the Water issue:
- Borehole is on ground level, Tank is somewhere on a Scaffold (or inside a platform in the building, hidden from sight) at the level of first or second storey.
- The Upper flats (and all flats in some cases), take their water form the Tank located on the Scaffold, at a height higher than the Building or the highest Tap point, in the building. WHY?
- WHY? When the tank is placed at a very high point, relative to the point of Tap in the Building's upper floor, it can use GRAVITY (force which acts downwards) to provide the needed Pressure to drive the water into their taps.
- Pressure generally, is proportional to Height above ground. If you want more pressure in your taps, raise your tank higher.

So, how does the Water get from the ground (or Borehole) to the Tank placed at a height (say above the second floor for a single storey House) and does not flood the location or overflow?
- There is an Electrical SUBMERSIBLE Water Pump, placed inside the Borehole, deep under the ground or on a tank at ground level.
This Pump is the one that pushes the Water from the ground level/Borehole, Up into the Tank, placed Up there above ground.

- To prevent the Water from overflowing when full and messing up things, an AUTOMATIC FLOATING SWITCH is placed inside the Tank.
Its job is to monitor the level of Water in the tank.
- It is wired such that when the Water reaches a certain "Upper level" in the tank, it will cut-off Power to the Sumbersible Pump inside the Borehole in the ground. This prevents the water from overflowing and running off from the tank.
- But when the Water level gets low to a set-level, it will also AUTOMATICALLY switch-on the Electricity to the Submersible Pump, so that it starts pumping water into the tanks again.
- So, by cutting-off and Swutching on power to the Submersible pump, the AUTOMATIC FLOATING SWITCH can regulate the level of water int he tank and prevent overflowing while ensuring that there is always enough water in the tank, for use (as long as there is Power supply).

-That Automatic Floating Swith costs between #2,500 and #6,000 but l can assure you that there is almost no observable difference betwene the cheaper one, and the very expensive one. I stopped buying the expensive ones and the cheaper has lasted years now and still working!
I hope you under stand that aspect now?

As for Reverse Osmosis, it is just a fancy name for a subject (Osmosis) we did in Secondary School.
- Osmosis is simply the movement of Water, from area of Low Concentration to areas of High Concentration, through a Semi-Permable membrane (like a Cloth, sort of). It is an "equalisation of concentration process" across a separarting membrane.
- Reverse Osmosis, means the Reverse of the above, the liquid moves from the area of High Concentration to area of Low Concentration, though a membrane, under applied presuure.
Let me provide a link for you, so you can get detailed reading on it, instead of me writing everything here (Some dont need such detailed explanation).
https://www.thoughtco.com/reverse-osmosis-overview-609400

What it does is basically to help you remove impurities from water, so that you can have a good, clean water to drink on the other side, when your source is from not very pure sources like a Borehole. undecided
Last page

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ogchase33: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2020
Any good tiler in ikorodu? I’m trying to patronize our Nairaland people but no one seem to be showing up.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2020
Ogchase33:
Any good tiler in ikorodu? I’m trying to patronize our Nairaland people but no one seem to be showing up.

Ok let’s our firm handle that for you at reasonable price

Check this tread for some of our tiling work and others

https://www.nairaland.com/4269104/showcasing-finishings-work-i.etilingkitchen-setup#63880233

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pinkbarby: 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2020
@ilorin, kwara State Rent a room self contain @ N50,000 to N90,000 Rent a sitting room and bedroom self contain @ N80,000 to N120,000 Rent a two bedroom flat @ N150,000 to N200,000 Rent a three bedroom flat @N250,000 to N300,000 Rent a four bedroom flat @ N320,000 to N400,000
Prices vary due to location, infrastructure etc
Call 08179347590 or 08116891684 now

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akin4sure: 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ogchase33:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
ChiefSupplier55:

Before tiling
thank you Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by globtex: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
globtex:

For your Topnotch quality and affordable paints.
Let discuss.

We Produce, Apply & Supply Quality Paints For All Your Building Project.

Request for sample on your site today.

WhatsApp or call http:///2347012927305

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by globtex: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ogchase33:

Contact Emmanuel on 07039363300.
He is good at what he doed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by royalfly(m): 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
Good evening house, please I want to know how much much it will cost to build a spacious 6 bedroom duplex from start to finish. Or a good 5 bedroom duplex in front and a 3 bedroom flat up and down attached to the back. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by metrecube(m): 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2020
I have a small roof work to be done around Ajah. Is there anyone that can supply and install this clay roof tile? Contact me on 07031286626.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hello, have gotten a satisfactory answer? I am interested because I am at the same stage as u. Pls. Keep us posted. As suggested try to negotiate to #300 per qm. If he does a good job, let us know. U never know, some might use him.

quote author=Ogchase33 post=90248579]Good evening fam, I have been a member of this family and I am a silent reader due to work. Please my little project is at tiling level and I have a quotation from the tiler. I will like a thorough vetting of the quotation for me please and also the type of tiles for each section of the house to bring out the best out of the project and at the same time pocket friendly. If you sell tiles at reasonable price also leave your contact so we can do business. Thank you [/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
Jeff68:
Hello, have gotten a satisfactory answer? I am interested because I am at the same stage as u. Pls. Keep us posted. As suggested try to negotiate to #300 per qm. If he does a good job, let us know. U never know, some might use him.

quote author=Ogchase33 post=90248579]Good evening fam, I have been a member of this family and I am a silent reader due to work. Please my little project is at tiling level and I have a quotation from the tiler. I will like a thorough vetting of the quotation for me please and also the type of tiles for each section of the house to bring out the best out of the project and at the same time pocket friendly. If you sell tiles at reasonable price also leave your contact so we can do business. Thank you
https:///2347087953771 your are free to compare price sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ogchase33: 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
[quote author=Jeff68 post=90281812] Hello, have gotten a satisfactory answer? I am interested because I am at the same stage as u. Pls. Keep us posted. As suggested try to negotiate to #300 per qm. If he does a good job, let us know. U never know, some might use him. No one has been able to agree 300. I have offers for 350 but one of our Nairaland member wants to do the job for 380. Is it a good price?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ogchase33: 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
DFAMEGUY11S:
https:///2347087953771 your are free to compare price sir
we are still trying to get a good tiler and negotiate. Once we do that then we can be in touch with you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
The answer you seek depends on a number of factors in order to get an approximate estimate of the construction cost. Chief among them is location of the project, types of finishes (ranging from types of tiling, roofing, painting, screeding, POP ceiling finishes, electrical installation to plumbing installations etc), nature of the soil and its bearing capacity and many other reasons.

In order to get an approximate estimate for the proposed building, I will advise you to provide some of the aforementioned details.

Regards.

royalfly:
Good evening house, please I want to know how much much it will cost to build a spacious 6 bedroom duplex from start to finish. Or a good 5 bedroom duplex in front and a 3 bedroom flat up and down attached to the back. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
There's a company called NIGERITE in Ikeja, part of their products is Clay roofing Tiles. You can also get installer from the company also. You can reach out to them.

metrecube:
I have a small roof work to be done around Ajah. Is there anyone that can supply and install this clay roof tile? Contact me on 07031286626.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Chekitaut:
List of pioneer members they gave all the information everyone enjoyed in this property section. They disseminate info to build but wicked people use the info without consulting them. there's God ooo. #theyhavefamilies.

I am disappointed by this your comment. Why are you trying to cast aspersion on the list? You can add to it instead of that.
The list is that of COMPETENT BUILDERS that l know, who have proved themselves in their work, over the years. and it is not every Pioneer member that is on that list, so it is not about being a Pioneer member. undecided

I respect these listed people because they showed competency in their work, dealt with others in honesty, gave good information and help when others needed it, not because they expect something in return, but out of the goodness of their heart. And they were rewarded handsomely, thorugh contract projects, for it.

As a person, (and l am sure many, many other people who have built one or two houses in the last five years when this thread started), have benefitted from the sharing of knowledge between forum members, it was mostly a symbiotic relationship.

Good People like Hajj, EgunMogaji, Madam GabbyTabby, Erico, FastShipping, Peaceland, etc all contributed Knowledge/Ideas, while also gaining Knowledge/Ideas. We gained from each other because we were not dishonest, not Greedy and not selfish.

And looking at it, l am sure non of them is HUNGRY or begging for Jobs or think everyone is WICKED either, as a matter of fact, these Competent Engineers/Builders/Suppliers got so much referrals that they sometimes will reject a job because there hands are full.

Look at Spyder, will you say he was or is Hungry? Was he ever short of jobs at anytime? Did he think we are WICKED for seeking knwledge from him?
I am aware that many of them have built their own houses, from the little-little they make, when we give them job, the only difference is that they were competent, resonable with charges, honest and hide nothing from anyone.
Sharing Knowledge/Information does not prevent you from getting jobs, it actually builds trust with your Customers and they can refer even more jobs to you, due to the level of trust.

16 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by royalfly(m): 11:04pm On Jun 03, 2020
QSFemi:
The answer you seek depends on a number of factors in order to get an approximate estimate of the construction cost. Chief among them is location of the project, types of finishes (ranging from types of tiling, roofing, painting, screeding, POP ceiling finishes, electrical installation to plumbing installations etc), nature of the soil and its bearing capacity and many other reasons.

In order to get an approximate estimate for the proposed building, I will advise you to provide some of the aforementioned details.

Regards.

Location is Benin city, every other information concerning roofing and tiles should be of moderate value. Pop should be used in the living rooms but the rooms could be pvc. The inner walls of the house should be scriding

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
lastpage:

I am disappointed by this your comment. Why are you trying to cast aspersion on the list? You can add to it instead of that.
The list is that of COMPETENT BUILDERS that l know, who have proved themselves in their work, over the years. and it is not every Pioneer member that is on that list, so it is not about being a Pioneer member. undecided

I respect these listed people because they showed competency in their work, dealt with others in honesty, gave good information and help when others needed it, not because they expect something in return, but out of the goodness of their heart. And they were rewarded handsomely, thorugh contract projects, for it.

As a person, (and l am sure many, many other people who have built one or two houses in the last five years when this thread started), have benefitted from the sharing of knowledge between forum members, it was mostly a symbiotic relationship.

Good People like Hajj, EgunMogaji, Madam GabbyTabby, Erico, FastShipping, Peaceland, etc all contributed Knowledge/Ideas, while also gaining Knowledge/Ideas. We gained from each other because we were not dishonest, not Greedy and not selfish.

And looking at it, l am sure non of them is HUNGRY or begging for Jobs or think everyone is WICKED either, as a matter of fact, these Competent Engineers/Builders/Suppliers got so much referrals that they sometimes will reject a job because there hands are full.

Look at Spyder, will you say he was or is Hungry? Was he ever short of jobs at anytime? Did he think we are WICKED for seeking knwledge from him?
I am aware that many of them have built their own houses, from the little-little they make, when we give them job, the only difference is that they were competent, resonable with charges, honest and hide nothing from anyone.
Sharing Knowledge/Information does not prevent you from getting jobs, it actually builds trust with your Customers and they can refer even more jobs to you, due to the level of trust.

@Lastpage, i am not casting any1, Ha! I know many Owners/Builder/Engineer on this forum i know many of their sites. i speak in open mind. Your long essay i do not understand, do any1 said i am trying to cast him or her? Oga lastpage Y?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 12:42am On Jun 04, 2020
lastpage:

Dont worry, you will understand, just say what you dont understand and we would try to explain in details for you, that is the aim of this thread: INFORMATION SHARING.

Let me take the Water issue:
- Borehole is on ground level, Tank is somewhere on a Scaffold (or inside a platform in the building, hidden from sight) at the level of first or second storey.
- The Upper flats (and all flats in some cases), take their water form the Tank located on the Scaffold, at a height higher than the Building or the highest Tap point, in the building. WHY?
- WHY? When the tank is placed at a very high point, relative to the point of Tap in the Building's upper floor, it can use GRAVITY (force which acts downwards) to provide the needed Pressure to drive the water into their taps.
- Pressure generally, is proportional to Height above ground. If you want more pressure in your taps, raise your tank higher.

So, how does the Water get from the ground (or Borehole) to the Tank placed at a height (say above the second floor for a single storey House) and does not flood the location or overflow?
- There is an Electrical SUBMERSIBLE Water Pump, placed inside the Borehole, deep under the ground or on a tank at ground level.
This Pump is the one that pushes the Water from the ground level/Borehole, Up into the Tank, placed Up there above ground.

- To prevent the Water from overflowing when full and messing up things, an AUTOMATIC FLOATING SWITCH is placed inside the Tank.
Its job is to monitor the level of Water in the tank.
- It is wired such that when the Water reaches a certain "Upper level" in the tank, it will cut-off Power to the Sumbersible Pump inside the Borehole in the ground. This prevents the water from overflowing and running off from the tank.
- But when the Water level gets low to a set-level, it will also AUTOMATICALLY switch-on the Electricity to the Submersible Pump, so that it starts pumping water into the tanks again.
- So, by cutting-off and Swutching on power to the Submersible pump, the AUTOMATIC FLOATING SWITCH can regulate the level of water int he tank and prevent overflowing while ensuring that there is always enough water in the tank, for use (as long as there is Power supply).

-That Automatic Floating Swith costs between #2,500 and #6,000 but l can assure you that there is almost no observable difference betwene the cheaper one, and the very expensive one. I stopped buying the expensive ones and the cheaper has lasted years now and still working!
I hope you under stand that aspect now?

As for Reverse Osmosis, it is just a fancy name for a subject (Osmosis) we did in Secondary School.
- Osmosis is simply the movement of Water, from area of Low Concentration to areas of High Concentration, through a Semi-Permable membrane (like a Cloth, sort of). It is an "equalisation of concentration process" across a separarting membrane.
- Reverse Osmosis, means the Reverse of the above, the liquid moves from the area of High Concentration to area of Low Concentration, though a membrane, under applied presuure.
Let me provide a link for you, so you can get detailed reading on it, instead of me writing everything here (Some dont need such detailed explanation).
https://www.thoughtco.com/reverse-osmosis-overview-609400

What it does is basically to help you remove impurities from water, so that you can have a good, clean water to drink on the other side, when your source is from not very pure sources like a Borehole. undecided

have u ever considered academic job?
I think that's where u belong.
u were able to simplify this to the extent that it looked and sounded ordinary

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 1:48am On Jun 04, 2020
Good morning OG
Well I can help provide a good tilar which have worked for some of my client he is a very good tiler competent at his work also accurate too and easy going if you want I can drop his number

Then for the tiles I can supply you and help also gidience in section of the proper tiles to use too if you want
If you are interested contact me 07015160604

Ogchase33:
Good evening fam, I have been a member of this family and I am a silent reader due to work. Please my little project is at tiling level and I have a quotation from the tiler. I will like a thorough vetting of the quotation for me please and also the type of tiles for each section of the house to bring out the best out of the project and at the same time pocket friendly. If you sell tiles at reasonable price also leave your contact so we can do business. Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:17am On Jun 04, 2020
Ogchase33:
we are still trying to get a good tiler and negotiate. Once we do that then we can be in touch with you
well if you no mind i have a professional tiler who can give you exactly what you want I can show you some of his job
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 7:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Do it before tiling. But you need to bring your tiler and the people that will install it together to agree the space that will be left under the door. It must not be too much neither is it good to be short
Nbg4real:
Good Morning house. Please when is it proper to install ameriacna panel door, before or after tiling?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:03am On Jun 04, 2020
Budget 15m to 20m.

royalfly:

Location is Benin city, every other information concerning roofing and tiles should be of moderate value. Pop should be used in the living rooms but the rooms could be pvc. The inner walls of the house should be scriding

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tombrook0: 9:54am On Jun 04, 2020
wow oh

money121:

Ogun state

Yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tombrook0: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2020
Tombrook0:
Imported Turkey Door Available in different design and prices.

Regular steel door 3 feet
Regular steel door 4 feet
Standard Turkey door 3 feet
Standard Turkey door 4 feet
regular wooden door
Hard wooden door
American Panel door
Stainless steel glass door 4 feet
Armored bullet prove door 4 feet

we are your dependable home for top qualty and affordable steel, wooden, armored, turkey, kitchen, stainless steel glass, bathroom doors.

call us today for supplies and installation services..

WhatsApp or Call 07061960316
https:///2347061960316

Or visit our office in Ketu and Ajah
32, Abeokuta str, off Ikorodu Exp way Owode weighbridge Lagos

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allyrich(f): 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ogchase33:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allyrich(f): 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
10 TRUCKS NEEDED URGENTLY

WE NEED 10 TRUCKS FOR HIRE
The trucks must be at least of 10 TYRES with a BIG BUCKET that can carry a load of 30TONNES. The truck goes on a trip of 3 times daily at a short distance on the island.

ADVANTAGES OF BRINGING YOUR TRUCK.

The company hiring will pay your drivers everyday.

The company hiring will be responsible for maintenance.

The company hiring buys diesel everyday.

The project is for 6 months non-stop.

AS THE OWNER OR GUARDIAN OF THE TRUCK YOUR WAGES EVERYDAY IS #50,000 - #60,000....though negotiable.

CONTACT US ON
Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by royalfly(m): 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
QSFemi:
Budget 15m to 20m.

For the single duplex or the deuplex with an attached flats
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
rotecch77:

We can do this for you
Pics of previous work for Nl members
How much?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), diordaves(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.