Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4398863 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thank you.
ambrosedmax:
it depends on where you reside, but the best woods for roofing in West Africa as a whole,
1: apknontu (ayin, mereke)is a strong wood- this can be used for your rafters, wall-plate, all skeleton.

2: Melina is a soft wood, still quality though, can be used for your pole-line, and nogging. Will also stand the test of time.

I created a thread on this though...

https://www.nairaland.com/4714369/building-around-abuja-lets-discuss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JoeDimeji(m): 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
All necessary document. Chat me up for more info sir
Leezah:
what documents do you have for the said land?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hello wonderful n great engineers n experienced house experts
I want to start my internal ceiling after plastering, plan to use POP for only d sitting room with d conventional ceiling for d rooms (is it Abestors they call it) but the price d carpenter who wants to do d room ceiling was calling very high price. Please what is are ways to manage this stage of building
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
BRAND NEW JORDY ELE SERVO UP FOR SALE!

10kva Servo stab "80-280v" .... 105k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
Call:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2020
yinkaoke:
I want to start my internal ceiling after plastering, plan to use POP for only d sitting room with d conventional ceiling for d rooms (is it Abestors they call it) but the price d carpenter who wants to do d room ceiling was calling very high price. Please what is are ways to manage this stage of building
Thanks

Have you pull the cables for all the internal wiring?

Why cant you go for PVC ceiling as against asbestor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
GOOD AFTERNOON ALL!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
The best way to manage it is to at least be able to estimate the quantities needed.

A board measures 1.2m x 1.2m which is equal to 1.44sqm. So for a room of 12sqm you will need 12/1.44 which will give you approximately 9 boards.

A board costs between 1600 to 1800 (Nigerite). After determining the cost of materials, you can then negotiate workmanship with your carpenter.
yinkaoke:
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oluwaseyi0: 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2020
can one build 2 unit of 2 bedroom flat on half plot of land

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenpower: 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

Yes u can build it!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thanks @ Topsy23, but no, l thought l could do that after d ceiling. Please l need advise here which comes first ? If it's to pull d cables first do l v to buy all d wirings n switched before l do d ceiling?
quote author=topsy23 post=93428995]

Why cant you go for PVC ceiling as against asbestor[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 7:38pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thanks but my carpenter said it's 2,100 in Ikorodu, don't know how true.

gordonbarrett post=93429771]The best way to manage it is to at least be able to estimate the quantities needed.

A board measures 1.2m x 1.2m which is equal to 1.44sqm. So for a room of 12sqm you will need 12/1.44 which will give you approximately 9 boards.

A board costs between 1600 to 1800 (Nigerite). After determining the cost of materials, you can then negotiate workmanship with your carpenter. [/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

Generally you can but it depends on the shape and size of the half plot.

You can even go vertical to multiple floors upon approvals.

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
Pls anyone who know where I can get Pier Cap or concrete sphere (pic shown below) should please share with me before I go DIY.

I was offered 45k per pcs on Jiji and I don’t want to believe the person is really selling a piece at that ridiculous amount. I don’t see myself paying 45k for less than 40kg concrete.

undecided

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oluwaseyi0: 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Generally you can but it depends on the shape and size of the half plot.

You can even go vertical to multiple floors upon approvals.

Good luck on your project.

thanks for the response

it's 30 by 120

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

thanks for the response

it's 30 by 120

You can have a perfect 2 unit of 2 bed with ample space.

A good architect can modify this for you. Check here: https://www.nairaland.com/2646238/exclusive-twenty-two-2-bedroom/1#38791336

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenpower: 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2020
Do call for affordable architectural designs and build to a prime taste.contact :call or watsap 08020859785,08033506527,.signed kenpower.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
My people, please find attached an estimate of wires given to me by my electrician.
This is for a three room apartment. I think this is too much.
Please advice.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenpower: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
Do call for affordable architectural designs and build to a prime taste.contact :call or watsap 08020859785,08033506527,08073711489.signed kenpower.]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
cjfbn:
My people, please find attached an estimate of wires given to me by my electrician.
Please advice.

Maybe he’s a professional.

I’m spending 800k on a duplex plus a 2 bed apartment. The wiring covers the following:

- 3 living room
- 2 kitchen
- 10 toilet (8 with water heater)
- 8 large rooms
- 735sqm Fence with 22 pillar lights (inside/outside)
- 2 ante room
- Ancillary areas (4 balconies and more)

Installation charge: 70k pere.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
cjfbn:
Please advice.

Can you chat me on my WhatsApp 08033643191
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
yinkaoke:
Thanks @ Topsy23, but no, l thought l could do that after d ceiling. Please l need advise here which comes first ? If it's to pull d cables first do l v to buy all d wirings n switched before l do d ceiling?
quote author=topsy23 post=93428995]

Why cant you go for PVC ceiling as against asbestor

You need to pull your cables first before the ceiling .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
I just don't understand why this is not catching on....My Father fired the Property Manager that I put up in his 15units Self_contain spreading three blocks. He prefer to have Caretaker...KOO YE MI OOO but Baba na Baba any day!!!

EgunMogaji2:

You see this is why I’m having an onsite manager at my estate.

Imagine the effontry angry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

One can. A good Architect will help you manage the space.
You can dm us at OAK Group for a functional and aesthetically pleasing design.
Call or Whatsapp: 08108408732

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beebah247: 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
Oliran:

Good evening.

1. Yes, there is renovation permit

2. Renovation permit is granted when the old building you want to renovate has it's own approval. Copies of old house approval will be required in order to give renovation permit. Cost is subjected to size of property and Location

3. When there is change in ownership of a property, survey should be done in the new owner's name after the deed or transfer of ownership. The name on the survey will be the name on the approval.

Thanks very much for your response.

In addition: What if the old building does not have a building approval, how then will the renovation permit be processed or issued?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
Don’t rush to paint your house interior today. You now have a better option:
Get this Brick wall panel stickers today-
dust and stain proof
waterproof
self adhesive
Dimension- 70x77cm or half square meter
Price- 3000 per square meter or 2000 per square meter (70x77cm)

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
yinkaoke:
Thanks
go for Pvc
Use 12” Pvc if you’re planning to save money
Or
Use extra thick bombula Pvc (8.5”/5m) if you want to save money while getting real quality
What’s your location btw

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

thanks for the response

it's 30 by 120

It’ll fit fine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by waxdebo(m): 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2020
Are You a Developer, Site Engineer, Builder, Site supervisor in Lagos / AJah , Eti osa/IbejuLekki?
We supply -Very clean Sharp Sand, Filling Sand, Granite , Plaster Sand, Stone Dust,Hard Core etc.

CONTACT US:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
Una weldone oh. We're still in the business of making steel doors, burglaries and other iron works like standing tank.

Contact us on 07032fourfour6904
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Donoppy(m): 12:18am On Sep 01, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Life ehn..

Your site engineer brought the Q.S. who is his childhood "friend"...

And now you ditched the Site Engineer, and about to continue using the Q.S. even for an Engineer's work.

There's really no "friend" anymore.
No... you got me wrong.
My dad brought the Q.S .
Of course engineer don’t like seeing Q.S on site

(1) (2) (3) ... (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Beframia and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.