Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" - Properties (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" (81795 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Furnishing Of Owerri Royal Manor By Mercylyn Interiors / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 10:45am On Aug 22, 2020
Oga,
you know this....same reason i was wondering if they were already engraved before they are imported....so in that case someone is just engraving them wherever they are bringing it from and call it new product just to reap off people....same sheet metal they normally use just different design for hiked up price...we are just far behind.

infact the machine you posted is just big...we have many oswak cnc cutter that can engrave and cut up 4 inch thick metal in 3sec.....those importers and marketers are just reaping people off ..i tire oo i know machines are expensive but they are investment which would yield over time but they intend to milk people in deceit and as soon as possible before people bust their bubble .

https://www.stylecnc.com/mixed-laser-cutting-machine/4x8-laser-cutter-laser-engraver.html

https://www.stylecnc.com/fiber-laser-cutting-machine/1000w-2000w-3000w-fiber-laser-cutter-for-metal.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhIP6BRCMARIsALu9LfnUyVI1o7DVOePZlgtyMRw4PJiyXpL4F4-lUmN0EdrTQc8_dkOLtSgaAoISEALw_wcB

kopell:
Hahaha me, seat in my house assuming?my brother there is nothing mounding there, it’s called CNC laser nitrogen cutter. If you’re familiar with CNC’s is like EDM computers programming machines.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2020
michlins:
what I saw at that place doesn't look like this. Another thing you have to consider is the cost of running business in Nigeria. From multiple taxation to sourcing your own power then foreign exchange.

Very few people can succeed in the business of iron. It's capital intensive

.we have many oswak cnc cutter that can engrave and cut up 4 inch thick metal in 3sec.....those importers and marketers are just reaping people off ..i tire oo [b]i know machines are expensive but they are investment which would yield over time [/b]but they intend to milk people in deceit and as soon as possible before people bust their bubble .
impatience is driving them to extra high prices...soon other would join the business with cheaper and efficient machine....church go dimiss
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by sonnie10: 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
edoman2016:

The owner of this house is wasting his money unnecessary. A big house is never an asset but a liability. I believe the owner is building this house for impression. I have arrived mentality.

Make God let us see the money first.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by kopell: 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
dongc:

.we have many oswak cnc cutter that can engrave and cut up 4 inch thick metal in 3sec.....those importers and marketers are just reaping people off ..i tire oo [b]i know machines are expensive but they are investment which would yield over time [/b]but they intend to milk people in deceit and as soon as possible before people bust their bubble .
impatience is driving them to extra high prices...soon other would join the business with cheaper and efficient machine....church go dimiss
thank you jare, people know to much. Not even knowing what the do those days for 8 hours can be done in 3 sec today with power of technology. sometimes is better to keep silent.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
dongc:

if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 12:40am On Aug 23, 2020
kopell:
thank you jare, people know to much. Not even knowing what the do those days for 8 hours can be done in 3 sec today with power of technology. sometimes is better to keep silent.

I was following the thread, the guy does not know what kind of job you do for living, on a high scale too. I dey laugh o. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2020
Is that relevant or you need to know my job to access if I am knowledgeable to know anything I am saying?? If let me know why you need that information...i would tell you what i do

michlins:
if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 8:22am On Aug 24, 2020
dongc:
Is that relevant or you need to know my job to access if I am knowledgeable to know anything I am saying?? If let me know why you need that information...i would tell you what i do

I need to know your job to know if you're knowledgeable enough to know these things.

PS I'm not an iron dealer. I'm a welder. I just buy these materials and work with them.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2020
Painting works of the ceilings in this house starts.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by U09ce: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
spyder880:
Painting works of the ceilings in this house starts.........

Very nice finish Sir. How much is this per square meter plus labor?
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by kopell: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
michlins:
I need to know your job to know if you're knowledgeable enough to know these things.

PS I'm not an iron dealer. I'm a welder. I just buy these materials and work with them.
You should understand that the guy no very well what is taking about, he already posted what others are not familiar with to proof his point . It is better to listen and learn, most people on this platform are professionals in different levels that one can ever imagine.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
This is someone else thread i do not want to derail it with irrelevance but trust me i know about metal works...spent more than 5years at pressverket...i am highly skilled engineer and work at a known car company in Gothenburg...google that you will find out which....

cheers.

michlins:

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
kopell:
You should understand that the guy no very well what is taking about, he already posted what others are not familiar with to proof his point . It is better to listen and learn, most people on this platform are professionals in different levels that one can ever imagine.
exactly why I asked. This is a faceless forum where you can learn and unlearn.
dongc:
This is someone else thread i do not want to derail it with irrelevance but trust me i know about metal works...spent more than 5years at pressverket...i am highly skilled engineer and work at a known car company in Gothenburg...google that you will find out which....

cheers.

see bros. One thing you need to understand is the Nigerian terrain for doing business no good. Unfortunately for we the consumers, we pay the price but those importers are enjoying it. I don't sell these stuff, all I do is buy and work with them. To import the machines you talked about and get the mould making these designs no be small thing around here

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
alright man, i am not so far away from home at least i know whats up and how things works and unnecessary bureaucracy....again you are mentioning wrought iron up and down like its a thing for the plates ?are they not marketing galvanized steels sheets to you and call it wrought iron. those design are engraving or cuts not molds....enough said....

i do wish you well man i hope you get jobs here so to show case all those your fine designs....all the best and good luck...ciao

michlins:
exactly why I asked. This is a faceless forum where you can learn and unlearn. see bros. One thing you need to
understand is the Nigerian terrain for doing business no good. Unfortunately for we the consumers, we pay the price but those importers are enjoying it. I don't sell these stuff, all I do is buy and work with them. To import the machines you talked about and get the mould making these designs no be small thing around here

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
dongc:
alright man, i am not so far away from home at least i know whats up and how things works and unnecessary bureaucracy....again you are mentioning wrought iron up and down like its a thing for the plates ?are they not marketing galvanized steels sheets to you and call it wrought iron. those design are engraving or cuts not molds....enough said....

i do wish you well man i hope you get jobs here so to show case all those your fine designs....all the best and good luck...ciao

I just got this picture from an iron dealer in Onitsha. The price of this go buy at least three doors and we're just talking about the pan alone oh. Let's say you decide to pair it with wrought pipe and frame it with at least 16mm pan because of the weight. At the back will be translucent glass or another pan. We're looking at upwards of 90,000. But one thing is that it will last longer than any foreign door you know about that costs less than 500,000

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by b2212(m): 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
spyder880:
The wardrobes we built for the BQ.......
Good evening, what is the unit cost for this wardrobe.
Also if you have an idea of the dimensions of the MDF wood that is purchased and then cut into size for these wardrobes. Trying to do an estimate
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
b2212:

Good evening, what is the unit cost for this wardrobe.
Also if you have an idea of the dimensions of the MDF wood that is purchased and then cut into size for these wardrobes. Trying to do an estimate

The whole cabinets, shelves and wardrobes in this house, including the two kitchen cabinets were done with a negotiated cost. We didn't cost them unit by unit.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Footstradamus(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2020
spyder880:

The whole cabinets, shelves and wardrobes in this house, including the two kitchen cabinets were done with a negotiated cost. We didn't cost them unit by unit.

Ball park what was the total cost please? Just an idea

Been following the thread, splendid work
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
Footstradamus:

Ball park what was the total cost please? Just an idea

Been following the thread, splendid work

1. Wardrobe cabinets in 5 bedrooms in the main building
2. Wardrobe cabinets in 2 bedrooms in the BQ
3. 2 specially built wardrobes in the masters bedroom
4. 1 Dressing table with mirror in the master bedroom
5. Bathroom cabinets with first aid box and mirrors in 5 bedrooms in the main building, all has marble tops
6. 1 Bathroom cabinet with first aid box in the master toilet, with marble tops
7. 1 Double bathroom cabinet in the master bathroom
8. Kitchen cabinets with kitchen island in the main building, topped with marble counter tops
9. Kitchen cabinets with marble counter tops in the BQ
10. 3 shelves in different parts of the living room, bedrooms and gallery.

All for N2,860,000.00, (HDF materials, workmanship, transportation and supervision)

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Footstradamus(m): 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
spyder880:

1. Wardrobe cabinets in 5 bedrooms in the main building
2. Wardrobe cabinets in 2 bedrooms in the BQ
3. 2 specially built wardrobes in the masters bedroom
4. 1 Dressing table with mirror in the master bedroom
5. Bathroom cabinets with first aid box and mirrors in 5 bedrooms in the main building, all has marble tops
6. 1 Bathroom cabinet with first aid box in the master toilet, with marble tops
7. 1 Double bathroom cabinet in the master bathroom
8. Kitchen cabinets with kitchen island in the main building, topped with marble counter tops
9. Kitchen cabinets with marble counter tops in the BQ
10. 3 shelves in different parts of the living room, bedrooms and gallery.

All for N2,860,000.00, (HDF materials, workmanship, transportation and supervision)

What a breakdown!

Thanks so much

Your humility and patience is worth emulating

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
What is your point Already made my point clear...people know things so you know not just you..not sure why you still lingering on this?? While people depending in their pockets chooses whatever they want...one man's food is another man's poison...i dont fancy this at all... would be too heavy as prison gate....this is what i used for my house below...it works for me...cheers

michlins:
I just got this picture from an iron dealer in Onitsha. The price of this go buy at least three doors and we're just talking about the pan alone oh. Let's say you decide to pair it with wrought pipe and frame it with at least 16mm pan because of the weight. At the back will be translucent glass or another pan. We're looking at upwards of 90,000. But one thing is that it will last longer than any foreign door you know about that costs less than 500,000

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
dongc:
What is your point Already made my point clear...people know things so you know not just you..not sure why you still lingering on this?? While people depending in their pockets chooses whatever they want...one man's food is another man's poison...i dont fancy this at all... would be too heavy as prison gate....this is what i used for my house below...it works for me...cheers

hehehehehehehe. You don't know what's going on bro grin grin cheesy grin

I have seen someone who used wrought iron pipe with 14 guage pan front and back. That door is a heavy as eh.
Another one use 6mm pan and U channel instead of 3by1½ pipes. This door na four people load am for motor.

That your door is a cheap something and going out of model. The attached picture is my painter working last Sunday

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
You are absolutely nuts...offcourse my door is cheap.but it works for me...i wrote this before..can you not read or what ?? ..every man to their pockets right....
Haha...imagine this okpo....are you here to exchange words or look for jobs?...when you save enough to build a house spend all the money on the only the door.... grin my door is locked and secured and i like it like that....let me get back to what i am doing before now....dont quote me anymore it would derail this thread unnecessarily..now bye

michlins:
hehehehehehehe. You don't know what's going on bro grin grin cheesy grin

I have seen someone who used wrought iron pipe with 14 guage pan front and back. That door is a heavy as eh.
Another one use 6mm pan and U channel instead of 3by1½ pipes. This door na four people load am for motor.

That your door is a cheap something and going out of model. The attached picture is my painter working last Sunday

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by b2212(m): 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
spyder880:

Thank you
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by InvertedHammer: 10:36am On Aug 26, 2020
/
These arguments about doors, laser cnc cutters, wrought iron is why I will contract the carpenter at eke Awka to build my doors the good old way--chisel, hammer, rough hands. If you don't like it, come and beat me.

I believe in what works for security. Latest fads in Nigeria are costly and rarely last. Two years down the line and it becomes old model. Stay with what works. That door is too fanciful for my liking.

/

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by InvertedHammer: 6:37am On Aug 27, 2020
/
Anyone here know where I can get standard molds for electric poles within Anambra/Enugu/Abia/Imo states?

cc michlins, spyder880

/
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 6:52am On Aug 27, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Anyone here know where I can get standard molds for electric poles within Anambra/Enugu/Abia/Imo states?

cc michlins, spyder880

/
Onitsha bridge head is your best port of call sir. Good morning

Please sir I don't really understand what you meant. If what you want is the already moulded polls which you can buy and install, I see many block industries that do those but if it's the mould that they use in making the polls, I can make enquires for you
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 6:57am On Aug 27, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
These arguments about doors, laser cnc cutters, wrought iron is why I will contract the carpenter at eke Awka to build my doors the good old way--chisel, hammer, rough hands. If you don't like it, come and beat me.

I believe in what works for security. Latest fads in Nigeria are costly and rarely last. Two years down the line and it becomes old model. Stay with what works. That door is too fanciful for my liking.

/

hehehehehehehe you know it's my job to make these things. If I don't celebrate and talk about them, hunger go kill me.

Attached is my personal choice for iron doors. It will be forever green and ever durable.

Anyway there are still lots of things we can do for you like standing tanks and handrails with window protectors

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by InvertedHammer: 10:43am On Aug 27, 2020
michlins:
Onitsha bridge head is your best port of call sir. Good morning

Please sir I don't really understand what you meant. If what you want is the already moulded polls which you can buy and install, I see many block industries that do those but if it's the mould that they use in making the polls, I can make enquires for you
/
The moulds they use in making the poles.

Thanks.

/
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
The moulds they use in making the poles.

Thanks.

/
what I can tell you is that I will go to the block industry that makes those and I will get back to you

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by sonnie10: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
michlins:
what I saw at that place doesn't look like this. Another thing you have to consider is the cost of running business in Nigeria. From multiple taxation to sourcing your own power then foreign exchange.

Very few people can succeed in the business of iron. It's capital intensive

Bros, na money them dey take find money

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by ak22(m): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2020
spyder880:
Inspection of various samples of water collector materials to be used in channeling rain water from this roof........

Good morning my Oga . which one you now go for and what is the price implication?

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (41) (Reply)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / Nifemi, PA To Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Found Dead, Osibona Trapped / Choose Edges Stone Coated Roofing Sheet For Your Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.