Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4417642 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) ... (3672) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
BrabusNG:

There are good Nigerians doing great stuffs.

I spent my weekend working on openable burglar proofs and bi-folding nets. It was a great explore as we try to bring the outdoor inside without security compromise.

Excellent idea on the Openable burglar proofs.

I had a sketch once, trying to implement that in my build, the welder was like oga , them no dey build that kind here... all my efforts to talk , talk fell on deaf ears angry

I detest the ones that look like jail. I mean, how could you seal up a flat like that? What ifs... what if there was a fire? And so on and on...

In an effort to protect ourselves, we shouldn't make the situation worse.

I like forward thinking individuals.

Similar i don't like the fence they build up everything. It is an added security to build up the fence half way then use burglar bar of some sort to finish up the rest. So when someone is walking by they could see through the fence. Privacy concerns yes but added security yes also.

If someone is really doing anything private private, they will have to go inside their flats grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
vickzie:
even if it's a 1 bedroom flat, I would pick the one that has 2 baths to one with single bath.
Choice!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
Badgers14:

I had a sketch once, trying to implement that in my build, the welder was like oga , them no dey build that kind here... all my efforts to talk , talk fell on deaf ears angry

I detest the ones that look like jail. I mean, how could you seal up a flat like that? What ifs... what if there was a fire? And so on and on...

Similar i don't like the fence they build up everything. It is an added security to build up the fence half way then use burglar bar of some sort to finish up the rest. So when someone is walking by they could see through the fence. Privacy concerns yes but added security yes also.

If someone is really doing anything private private, they will have to go inside their flats grin

I’ll never forget how a family (months and her 2 kids) who relocated to Nigeria after 23 years in Canada, died in an inferno in their residence at Bodija Ibadan.

People were outside to help but they couldn’t get in or out because of the anti-burglar protectors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
amosblisz:
What is the difference between a mini flat, self contained and a one bedroom apartment?

We had this explained on one of the Nigeria’s biggest property website

Here are picture representation:

Pic 1: Mini Flat
Pic 2: Self Contain
Pic 3: 1 bed apartment

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
BrabusNG:

There are good Nigerians doing great stuffs.

I spent my weekend working on openable burglar proofs and bi-folding nets. It was a great explore as we try to bring the outdoor inside without security compromise.
Innovation begins with trial, error and readjusting. Nothing is impossible if the mind is put to purpose.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
vickzie:
people have choices, some like big things, some like them small grin I like dem portable sha. Some men are polygamous when it comes to women, some others are polygamous when it comes to houses cool
that adenuga house fine and can double as an office too in the event he gets too lazy to go out

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
omanzo02:

Seem you came in halfway into the discussion, I have no problem with ensuite masters bedroom (toilet/bathroom) because it something you will put to use for a very long time, my critical and concious point is that a 2 bedroom apartment ensuite with toilets and bath and with visitors toilet is an overkill design and waste of useful interior space.
My experience architect pointed out making all room ensuite is not necessary and resources wastage because I may not need them when the children moved out and conversion will cost extra resources and extreme makeover in case, that I don't need more than 2 toilets and one bathroom in any house to guarantee comfort.
It's not about affordability but necessity, functionality and usefulness.

and what if you relocate to another apartment, say you build another mansion or relocate to another area and rent the previous out? won't it serve the new tenant (s) or it's compulsory they won't have kids too probably you want aged tenants only?

what's d size of that toilet that makes it a waste of useful interior space?
The size of your land, your personal want or desire, your budget are factors that leads to having it or not n not a matter of all your said claims.
Your usage of "my experience Architect" is another issue. what of many spaces you rent or lease and have to create such space with extra cost as well, that's his personal submission which works for you too I assume and is not a matter of experience or not.

my thought and my humble opinion
#peace

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
GBAK:
Gentlemen & ladies, I need help!!!!. I got the following quote for stage 1 and 2 plumbing works for a 3 bedrooms( all ensuite) and 2 bedrooms bungalow with 2 toilet and 2 baths on 750 Square metres plot. What is left out is the fitting stage . think this is outrageous.

QUOTATION FOR THE EXTERNAL RUNNINGS FOR THE BOTH SUPPLY & WASTE
S/N Description Of Item(S) QTY RATE AMOUNT (₦)
1 100mmx3mm Sacving Pipe 56l 3,500 196,000
2 100mmx Imported Hakan Elbow 7 700 4,900
3 100mmx45° Imported Bend 5 650 3,250
4 75mmx3mm Sacving Pipe 2l 2,500 5,000
5 50mmx3mm Sacving Pipe 5l 1,500 7,500
6 75 Imported Hakan Bend 4 500 2,000
7 50mmx90° Hakan Bend 12 250 3,000
8 40mm Hakan PPR Pipe 28 4,500 126,000
9 40m Hakan PPR Socket 28 400 11,200
10 40mm Hakan PPR Elbow 10 500 5,000
11 40mm Hakan PPR Tee 8 500 4,000
12 40mmx32mm Hakan Tee 6 500 3,000
13 40mmx32mm Hakan PPR Elbow 8 500 4,000
14 40mmx32 Reducing Nipple 10 400 4,000
15 32mm Hakan PPR Elbow 10 200 2,000
16 32mm Hakan PPR Socket 5 200 1,000
17 32mm Hakan PPR Pipe 4l 2,800 11,200
18 32mmx25mm Hakan Tee 4 200 800
19 25mm Female Hakan Elbow 4 700 2,800
20 32mmx25m PPR Elbow 4 200 800
21 25mm Hakan PPR Pipe 1 1,800 1,800
22 25mm Hakan PPR Socket 4 150 600
23 Big Old Abro Gum 1 5000 5,000
24 25mm Threaded Plug PPR 4 200 800
₦405,650

I think materials he wrote is excess sir..

Sir let us know how we can serve you better.. We can still handle the project for you ... For low rate with same quality materials ...

You contact us this no or WhatsApp... 08162811003..
We get you cover sir...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
BrabusNG:

cc: Egunmogaji2, Mufutau55, Diordavies, ericko2k2, lastpage, rotecch77, spyder880, money121, mrsteel, vickzie, saydfact, dennis3d, gbadexy1 and all other bosses that there are names are too big for me to mention.
There used to be a lagos builder's fair but I'm not sure if they still do it.
I saw one posted on my facebook contact's page done in abuja last year though.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
Good day, please I need skirting boards either of fibre or hardwood. Where can I get them or kindly recommend a supplier.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I recently rediscovered Eze Ego. #Sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n08PoxDlKPE
this man own is such a sad story. All around Nnewi, you will see mighty buildings with no occupants but weeds and bushes

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tochex101(m): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2020
michlins:
this man own is such a sad story. All around Nnewi, you will see mighty buildings with no occupants but weeds and bushes
Value depreciation....
The family should convert the place to a public Recreational/Amusement park.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
omanzo02:

I know you may not see the overkill.... it's only a critical, concious and focus person will see that.
Every apartment are designed to specifically target a group of people/family, so a 2 bedroom apartment with 1toilet and bathroom for a family of 7 person won't work well without patience unless he well to do to upgrade to a bigger one[/b]1, but they may not need anything more than 1 bathroom and 2 toilets (family & visitors toilets), you don't use the bathroom(shower) much than toilet daily.

Having sweet [b]wild dreams
is any persons right though, but being complacent is entirely different from being comfortable. While your hard earned money can make you believe being inherently deserving of privilege or special treatment the question is is that REALLY necessary?

Say its a family with 2 children and a maid.

All must go out in the morning to work and school at the same time. Don't you think that 1 bathroom will create serious issues for the family even when other living conditions are perfectly ok for them?

Paying rent is also the tenant's hard earned money as well as the landlord's hard earned investment, remember that.

If a tenant prefers a house with 2 wc and bathroom for his own comfort, its his right and his money. If you a landlord feels a tenant doesn't deserve the comfort, please build what you can, the appropriate tenant for you is out there.

My grouse is you advising a willing landlord not to make his own tenant comfortable or even having the opinion that those who live in a 2 bedroom and require more bathrooms, should upgrade.

Remember, only a satisfied and comfortable tenant renews his rent promptly.

Referring to a paying tenant's comfort as wild dreams is beneath you.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
BrabusNG:

This is location issue and not really about features.

Put the same property in a place like Chevron for N1.2m and tell me you have same issue.

But if the rental rate in the location you’re is as low as N300k, it’ll be nice to put all the features so as to attract the client that’ll pay.

I agree this is about target audience.

It can't be a location issue if in the same street there are many other rented 2 bedrooms that have never been empty for a month.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
Badgers14:

I don't know if I am taken a big risk. My window areas upstairs do not have burglary - some have just single bar to protect the kids from any rough play of "jumping" out through the window. Personal choice if you ask me, I don't like burglary and nets on the windows - just that I don't have any choice. Even curtain is not my thing - Venetian blinds may appeal to me but I prefer to look at the outside environment through a plane clear glass in my room grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
michlins:

I believe he was making plans for the imaginary visitors and guests.

Abiola’s uncompleted Building has a living room that can sit 1000 guests.

He was trying to make his guests comfortable too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
Tochex101:

Value depreciation....
The family should convert the place to a public Recreational/Amusement park.
that's if the family cares.

I don't want to mention names but a billionaire transporter home is currently run over by bushes meanwhile his kids are looking for the next property to sell off and keep balling

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
Focusmind:

I don't know if I am taken a big risk. My window areas upstairs do not have burglary - some have just single bar to protect the kids from any rough play of "jumping" out through the window. Personal choice if you ask me, I don't like burglary and nets on the windows - just that I don't have any choice. Even curtain is not my thing - Venetian blinds may appeal to me but I prefer to look at the outside environment through a plane clear glass in my room grin
I don't know why this burglaries having escape patches seem like a big deal to you folks. Most buildings have such. Imagine the building burning and there's no way to get to safety.

It's made with the approximate size of 2ft by 2ft and you have a lock. The escape patch is made in such a way that you don't even know it's there. It incorporates the design of the burglary

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megan1: 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
Horlardorjah:

check for holes/spaces on n around your ceilings, edges of your windows sills n door side. also try to fumigate your roof again. how often do u leave your doors n windows open n is your environment bushy?

They are few holes on the pop for chandeliers which we haven't put yet. Could they come from there?

I don't leave the doors and windows open. The environment isn't bushy but it's not floored yet.

Thank you I will try and fumigate the roof
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
BrabusNG:

He was trying to make them guests comfortable too

We all know the story behind Eze-Ego's money... so which family want to risk their life for the properties?

In case of Abiola, when you have several wives and several children things will always go hay-wire when one is dead. The children who cannot continue with the legacy of their father are to be blamed. Look at the family house at Ikeja sef.. May God give us good children.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megan1: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
Abolarin91:
Try fumigate everywhere once again(change the chemical you used) and make sure the loads you bring in is well checked(they might be hiding in some load long time ago). Try use snipper if you have not used it before...
I haven't used snipper. I will fumigate again with it.
I just brought the load straight from my previous place and I didn't see any in my previous place.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megan1: 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
boay:

Pls check your surroundings

Thanks. I will keep checking and fumigate again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2020
mufutau55:

We all know the story behind Eze-Ego's money... so which family want to risk their life for the properties?

In case of Abiola, when you have several wives and several children things will always go hay-wire when one is dead. The children who cannot continue with the legacy of their father are to be blamed. Look at the family house at Ikeja sef.. May God give us good children.

Hajji M.

The same thing happened to one of my former landlord. It was as if the kids were waiting for the man to die.

They were just selling everything sellable after his death.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
BrabusNG:

He was trying to make his guests comfortable too.

where's this building and how rich is this Abiola guy to build such edifice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
michlins:

You never heard of the Abiola? Now deceased.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
michlins:
I don't know why this burglaries having escape patches seem like a big deal to you folks. Most buildings have such. Imagine the building burning and there's no way to get to safety.

It's made with the approximate size of 2ft by 2ft and you have a lock. The escape patch is made in such a way that you don't even know it's there. It incorporates the design of the burglary

Bro, please show us naa - You see how Brabus always use numbers and pictures to illustrate his ideas which I always find fascinating. When things are presented in numbers and pictures, they make more sense. If you have any sample of what you stated or internet picture, of the burglary make I see.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
beamNIGERIA:
Good day, please I need skirting boards either of fibre or hardwood. Where can I get them or kindly recommend a supplier.
Thanks

Go to jubowu pop cement materials mkt you will get it there
Price range 2600-2900
I bought some their last 3 weeks ago
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
michlins:

Abiola is the June 12 Hero. I don’t know how to explain or quantify his networth but he was extremely wealthy during his lifetime.

The building is in Ibarra Estate, Abeokuta Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2020
mufutau55:

You never heard of the Abiola? Now deceased.

Hajji M.
I heard about him growing up but he's like fellows such as azikiwe who are historical figures.

How rich is he using today's big men
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
michlins:
I heard about him growing up but he's like fellows such as azikiwe who are historical figures.
How rich is he using today's big men

Very rich, like Dangote.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
Focusmind:

Bro, please show us naa - You see how Brabus always use numbers and pictures to illustrate his ideas which I always find fascinating. When things are presented in numbers and pictures, they make more sense. If you have any sample of what you stated or internet picture, of the burglary make I see.

unfortunately I don't have any pics on my phone. Before now, I never had the needs to take pictures of my work but you guys be making me to.

I saw the picture brabus shared and it's not like that over here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
megan1:

They are few holes on the pop for chandeliers which we haven't put yet. Could they come from there?

I don't leave the doors and windows open. The environment isn't bushy but it's not floored yet.

Thank you I will try and fumigate the roof
Pour sniper into the kitchen zinc and also the toilet drainage, those two places are your number 1 culprit for scorpions and millipede.
Had same issues, we did fumigate everywhere but scorpions keep coming into the house ,until we find out they are either coming through the zinc or the toilet hole

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) ... (3672) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m), Adedward(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.