Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,979 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399291 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
gurunlocker:

There's nothing like juju? Are you talking generally or with the situation concerning dog sleeping?
I am talking generally.....because anything that happened unconsciously we attribute to undisputed supernatural forces.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
mufutau55:

Oga mi. Thanks. I cannot argue this with you o.
Beleive in what you beleive. My mic is OFF now.
This is not open for discussion.

Hajji M.

Aiye nbe grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
I understand some use chemicals that they spray to get you to sleep.
KolaShangOne:

4 different times and I wake up immediately after they leave. I'm not a deep sleeper. Infact I do most of my tinkering at midnight..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
omanzo02:

I am talking generally.....because anything that happened unconsciously we attribute to undisputed supernatural forces.

You won't see juju in life.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
omanzo02:

Same thing they believe human head/body parts are ₦£$€¥ money minting machine or will produce a divine intervention to make someone rich!

Yes o. The way we think ehn.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2020
ty01:

Same here. Might have a business for you. Please let’s discuss.
Done Deal.
Received payment today
Materials loaded and will be deliver tomorow morning due to Curfew in lagos

Installation In progress

Thanks so much for your patronage

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
qdlvy:

Yes o. The way we think ehn.
That's the problem with our mentality anyway..... Religion (devotion) vs Science (evolution) hence we are easily being controlled and cheated on, I have always believe if you want go forward go with Darwin literally and if you want go backward go with the gods.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
gabbytabby:
I understand some use chemicals that they spray to get you to sleep.

I usually lock my windows (it was sliding windows) before sleeping. There's no air coming in.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DesireFarms(m): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2020
mufutau55:

Yes, you can. You can install the burglary later.
I have done the same with a BQ without any problem.

Hajji M.
Thank you Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DesireFarms(m): 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2020
topsy23:

Have you done your electrical and plumbing first fix. The conduit pipes must be fix before plastering except if you are not doing conduit

Not yet. But I will get on that Asap and go ahead with the plastering. Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2020
Please how much should I budget for ground level block work and how many blocks do you think I will need?

Its 4 bedroom duplex with two units of 2 bedrooms plus BQ self contain (2 units)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 2:55am On Oct 25, 2020
Adeoba10:

2450 for normal ceiling
2500 for design
3500 for pop ceiling

What is the size in inches/feet?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 25, 2020
ladyteeks:
Please how much should I budget for ground level block work and how many blocks do you think I will need?

Its 4 bedroom duplex with two units of 2 bedrooms plus BQ self contain (2 units)

Send us your architectural and structural drawings for a free quote.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 4:36am On Oct 25, 2020
Here is the plan

quote author=segzy14 post=95306236]

[/quote]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 7:19am On Oct 25, 2020
To get accurate blocks and amount needed you will need to provide architectural plan not picture.
ladyteeks:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 25, 2020
ladyteeks:
Here is the plan

quote author=segzy14 post=95306236]

Send your architectural and structural drawings (PDF)for a free quote via WhatsApp: +2347035596641
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:46am On Oct 25, 2020
money121:

Done Deal.
Received payment today
Materials loaded and will be deliver tomorow morning due to Curfew in lagos

Installation commence Asap

Thanks so much for your patronage

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:56am On Oct 25, 2020
Who understand what went wrong here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8VMufiZ7k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:58am On Oct 25, 2020
n3xt:
Who understand what went wrong here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8VMufiZ7k

Scaffolding gave way?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Scaffolding gave way?

Good morning Baba. Scaffold/props/formwork/shutters gave way because there was a major error in the design and construction...

We need more contribution from structural engineers and professional builders to understand the cause and how to prevent such in our builds.

Homeowners/investors also need to pay good attention to various contributions as most builds don’t fail because substandard materials were used but design error.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2020
Good morning.

we are available for your roofing at cheaper cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2020
topsy23:

Congrats
Thanks boss mi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 10:03am On Oct 25, 2020
Johntemmy:
Good morning.

we are available for your roofing at cheaper cost.

Good morning Bro!
Could you please post anything from your previous jobs.....your location, pictures, threads etc.
Thanks.
Stay healthy. Stay safe!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChoiceGroup: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2020
Good morning.

For the main building, based on your attached architectural drawings, an approximate estimate of 1647 blocks will be required for blockwork up to the oversite concrete while an estimate of 765 blocks will be need for the BQ at the back.

For cost if labour for block setting, the main building is roughly 115,000 while the BQ is roughly 53,000.

ladyteeks:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2020
Good morning. Happy Sunday To All and Sundry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:06am On Oct 25, 2020
ladyteeks:

Wow this is massive well done. Please if you don't mind, how many plot of land these massive structure seating on. My brother, God will help you through this is deep pocket project. I hope the area is not waterlog from the picture display of the foundation. Please seek opinion of our in house professionals here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

We don’t know what caused the collapse yet.

It’s exactly two weeks after the Odo, Lagos Island Building Collapse and we are yet to see any report.

The same way we don’t know what happened at Lekki Toll Gate despite having over 10 CCTV cameras.

We continue to wait.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Scaffolding gave way?
What a waste. Egunmorgan use to be US, now Ibadan long time. How far, what is happening along those new railway track, is there anywhere with less drama of railway setback to invest with good return in that axis?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:31am On Oct 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Scaffolding gave way?

Gbese! Thank God no life was lost o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2020
mufutau55:

Gbese! Thank God no life was lost o.

Hajji M.

While we wait for experts, here are the possible cause of the failure:

- Beam Connection
- Inadequate support underneath the slab
- Concentrating the poker vibrator for too long in a particular section.
- Bad Formwork/Carpentary Work

That’s all I can think of right now. I believe there could be other reasons.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
kopell:
What a waste. Egunmorgan use to be US, now Ibadan long time. How far, what is happening along those new railway track, is there anywhere with less drama of railway setback to invest with good return in that axis?

There’s indeed drama in regards to setbacks along the railroad. They originally says 500 feet, now 200. I’m impacted as are many others. I’m moving ahead with my micro estate but in particular with the nearby station. According to my land seller the worst they can do is leasehold.

As far as a for sure investment, get a group of investors together and buy a few acres at Akinyele, the land port area and setup a distribution center. You can get a train spur line and have container trains come in directly with onsite custom clearing.

I’ll do this but I’m trying to live a retiree life with less hassles.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
qdlvy:

You guys actually believe it's juju making you sleep?. Someone else said they have juju that can make bullets not penetrate. C'mon guys!

cheesy grin grin grin grin welcome africa, where people believe in money rituals and sacrifies, yet non of them is in forbes top 100,000 list tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bixton(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.