Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4405078 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
n3xt:
Who understand what went wrong here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8VMufiZ7k

When everybody on the team lied on their CV. grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
Thank you, I am confused about oversight concrete part. The german floor will be done after the curfew. I mean blockwork to lintel stage. Thank you

ChoiceGroup:
Good morning.

For the main building, based on your attached architectural drawings, an approximate estimate of 1647 blocks will be required for blockwork up to the oversite concrete while an estimate of 765 blocks will be need for the BQ at the back.

For cost if labour for block setting, the main building is roughly 115,000 while the BQ is roughly 53,000.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2020
earthrealm:

When everybody on the team lied on their CV. grin grin

cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2020
It's on a full 60 by 120. The picture was taken during rain. No it's not waterlogged.

Amen, God will enrich your pocket too

kopell:
Wow this is massive well done. Please if you don't mind, how many plot of land these massive structure seating on. My brother, God will help you through this is deep pocket project. I hope the area is not waterlog from the picture display of the foundation. Please seek opinion of our in house professionals here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
I posted the plan too

quote author=Abolarin91 post=95308936]To get accurate blocks and amount needed you will need to provide architectural plan not picture.[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

There’s indeed drama in regards to setbacks along the railroad. They originally says 500 feet, now 200. I’m impacted as are many others. I’m moving ahead with my micro estate but in particular with the nearby station. According to my land seller the worst they can do is leasehold.

As far as a for sure investment, get a group of investors together and buy a few acres at Akinyeke, the land port area and setup a distribution center. You can get a sour and have container trains come in directly with onsite custom clearing.

I’ll do this but I’m trying to live a retiree life with less hassles.
Retire life indeed, thanks for the tips brother. The setback is always the issue with newly open up areas. I remember Lekki express when the road expansion started, many people that bought along the setback loss a lot of money in the process. They keep coming up with all kinds of modifying designs that still on going in some areas of the road till date. These are always my concern with newly open up areas. I hope you are enjoying your retirement lifestyle. In my opinion, the project you are handling, doesn't seem to me that you are retired because you still wake up to supervise the project once in a while. It is well though.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by westliver: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
Contact us for screeding and painting of your building. 07088547073, 07051934963
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
I just heard that a bag of cement is N4500 in Anambra state because of the protest. cool

/
For real, what a country at a result of senseless looting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
kopell:
Retire life indeed, thanks for the tips brother. The setback is always the issue with newly open up areas. I remember Lekki express when the road expansion started, many people that bought along the setback loss a lot of money in the process. They keep coming up with all kinds of modifying designs that still on going in some areas of the road till date. These are always my concern with newly open up areas. I hope you are enjoying your retirement lifestyle. In my opinion, the project you are handling, doesn't seem to me that you are retired because you still wake up to supervise the project once in a while. It is well though.

Lagos!!!

There’s someone on this platform that’s making a loss of over N100m because govt has marked 2 of his buildings for demolition.

Before you ask if he didn’t secure govt approval? He and many other affected persons did but that didn’t stop the demolition. In fact, a building belonging to a commissioner in one of the south east state was demolished. They went to court; got injunction to stop the demolition but like LASG is denying Lekki massacre right now, the same way they denied involvement at first.

I’ll encourage most people in diasporas to be careful of Lagos lands even estates. This project is inside one of the popular estate in Lagos.
The news was carried by lindaikeji and instablog but at the end “Nothing happened.”

I was privileged to see the man who led the demolition in Alausa and he boasted and told the affected persons “Nothing will happen.”

Unless you’re buying government scheme in Lagos, anything can happen despite your approvals.

The fourth mainland bridge project will affect a lot of old houses in Badore/Langbasa area and again “Nothing will happen.”

Pic: Conversation with one of the people affected by the 4th Mainland bridge realignment. He already put up a 3 floor hotel on the land.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
kopell:

My brother it all changes once you start playing with other people’s money then you can’t take time off willy nilly. And then it becomes a job.

As it is I haven’t been onsite in a few weeks and since I only play with my money I can sleep easily.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
n3xt:

Lagos!!!

There’s someone on this platform that’s making a loss of over N100m because govt has marked 2 of his buildings for demolition.

Before you ask if he didn’t secure govt approval? He and many other affected persons did but that didn’t stop the demolition. In fact, a building belonging to a commissioner in one of the south east state was demolished. They went to court; got injunction to stop the demolition but like LASG is denying Lekki massacre right now, the same way they denied involvement at first.

I’ll encourage most people in diasporas to be careful of Lagos lands even estates. This project is inside one of the popular estate in Lagos.
The news was carried by lindaikeji and instablog but at the end “Nothing happened.”

I was privileged to see the man who led the demolition in Alausa and he boasted and told the affected persons “Nothing will happen.”

Unless you’re buying government scheme in Lagos, anything can happen despite your approvals.

The fourth mainland bridge project will affect a lot of old houses in Badore/Langbasa area and again “Nothing will happen.”

Pic: Conversation with one of the people affected by the 4th Mainland bridge realignment. He already put up a 3 floor hotel on the land.

This is what gets me sometimes in Nigeria. Government will approve a building plan, then turn around and demolish the structure as an illegal structure even though they were the ones that approved it.

Very shameful indeed... all this approval etc.. they just care about the money not necessarily about the plan itself.. money money money.

How many states, cities,, LGA have a masterplan? A blueprint?

In a sane environment when approvals are granted , one of the things they look at is making sure the intended build conforms with the masterplan for the area.

Granted someone could still approach the city, county to rezone the area (adjust the blueprint) to accommodate their build.. the city will schedule a town hall / public hearing to give people chance to voice their opinions, then city and county will approve or disapprove as the case might be.

But in 9jiria, Government will approve, then few years later knock it down as an illegal structure? Thats heartless. In a sane environment, this will be a big beautiful lawsuit, a walk in the park lawsuit with a big beautiful jury verdict. grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
waley007:
please I need your help ... I have 300k and I want to start the foundation/building if my house on a dry land ,and a plot of land.. please how far can this go , what and what can I start with
I plan to build a 4bedroom bungalow with a ante room and for 2years
How many blocks , cement and all can I start with
Thanks

It is dependent on the size of your building. For me see attached.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
sam1919:
Thank you it helps

You are welcome
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
waley007:
please I need your help ... I have 300k and I want to start the foundation/building if my house on a dry land ,and a plot of land.. please how far can this go , what and what can I start with
I plan to build a 4bedroom bungalow with a ante room and for 2years
How many blocks , cement and all can I start with
Thanks

It depends on your design (which will indicate the size), your location and your personal managerial skill.

If I may ask, have you bought any materials already? Like sand, granite, cement
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
We are at your service for

1. Preparation of bills of Quantities

2. Preparation of Material and Labour Schedule

3. Construction Management

4. Contract Management

5. Pricing of bills of Quantities

6. Vetting of quotations

7. Negotiations

8. Professional advice and consultancy etc....

Quantity Surveyor,
Cost Consultant via
0 7 0 3 7 5 9 0 8 7 7
anytime anyday

We are at your service.

We ensure value for your money
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
Has cement price gone up?

Someone tell me that it's ₦2750 per bag
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
coldcandy:

2,550 abuja.
2,600 for delivery.

Ilorin is between 2900 and 3000 excluding 100 transportation per bag
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChoiceGroup: 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
Good afternoon.

Based on your drawings, here's the cost for Mansory (block setting) up to lintel level as requested.

Main Building
1) Blocks (9-inch) = 2,731 blocks
2) 50kg bag of cement = 61 bags
3) Workmanship for block setting = 190,000

BQ
1) Blocks (9-inch) = 914 blocks
2) Blocks (6-inch) = 262 blocks
3) 50kg bag of cement = 26 bags
4) Workmanship = 81,625

You can make provision for 1 trip of 20 tonnes of sand for this stage.

I hope you find this helpful.

ladyteeks:

Thank you, I am confused about oversight concrete part. The german floor will be done after the curfew. I mean blockwork to lintel stage. Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2020
valencia2012:

Good morning Bro!
Could you please post anything from your previous jobs.....your location, pictures, threads etc.
Thanks.
Stay healthy. Stay safe!

check my profile you will see my threads,pictures, location etc.
I'll try to upload some of my roofing works,planks on ground for decking,roofing, linted, etc anytime from now for updates.
Thanks for the suggestion bro.i really appreciate.God bless you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
mufutau55:

Gbese! Thank God no life was lost o.

Hajji M.
Yes o, this same thing happened to my Dad's build, the supporting structure to the boarding gave way. cos someone decided to buy old bamboo and dead 2x2

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
Very helpful, thanks so much

ChoiceGroup:
Good afternoon.

Based on your drawings, here's the cost for Mansory (block setting) up to lintel level as requested.

Main Building
1) Blocks (9-inch) = 2,731 blocks
2) 50kg bag of cement = 61 bags
3) Workmanship for block setting = 190,000

BQ
1) Blocks (9-inch) = 914 blocks
2) Blocks (6-inch) = 262 blocks
3) 50kg bag of cement = 26 bags
4) Workmanship = 81,625

You can make provision for 1 trip of 20 tonnes of sand for this stage.

I hope you find this helpful.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
Johntemmy:

check my profile you will see my threads,pictures, location etc.
I'll try to upload some of my roofing works,planks on ground for decking,roofing, linted, etc anytime from now for updates.
Thanks for the suggestion bro.i really appreciate.God bless you.

Am making this enquiry because I've severally come across your numerous adverts/shout outs for jobs here. I've also simultaneously checked your profile/thread and found only pics of stacked wood logs and planks. Not too convincing for me, especially in Diaspora. You could do better. Ask michlins. Even rottech77 got my attention in minutes.
God bless you too. Stay healthy. Stay safe!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
I saw the plans after I quote you. Qs in the house will engage you.
ladyteeks:
I posted the plan too

quote author=Abolarin91 post=95308936]To get accurate blocks and amount needed you will need to provide architectural plan not picture.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
I just heard that a bag of cement is N4500 in Anambra state because of the protest. cool

/
#5000 currently and I can confirm that in Nnewi here. The trucks can't go to okpella Edo State to load so they're pretty much selling old stock and capitalizing on it.

Capitalism 101

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2020
Perhaps inadequate props

Tell us sir, let me learn from you today again
n3xt:
Who understand what went wrong here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8VMufiZ7k

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
His excellence Sanwo-olu promised to tell us everything, soon.
n3xt:

It’s exactly two weeks after the Odo, Lagos Island Building Collapse and we are yet to see any report.

The same way we don’t know what happened at Lekki Toll Gate despite having over 10 CCTV cameras.

We continue to wait.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2020
Valid point! angry
n3xt:

While we wait for experts, here are the possible cause of the failure:

- Beam Connection
- Inadequate support underneath the slab
- Concentrating the poker vibrator for too long in a particular section.
- Bad Formwork/Carpentary Work

That’s all I can think of right now. I believe there could be other reasons.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

My brother it all changes once you start playing with other people’s money then you can’t take time off willy nilly. And then it becomes a job.

As it is I haven’t been onsite in a few weeks and since I only play with my money I can sleep easily.
Nice to hear that

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
valencia2012:

Am making this enquiry because I've severally come across your numerous adverts/shout outs for jobs here. I've also simultaneously checked your profile/thread and found only pics of stacked wood logs and planks. Not too convincing for me, especially in Diaspora. You could do better. Ask michlins. Even rottech77 got my attention in minutes.
God bless you too. Stay healthy. Stay safe!

Thanks for the observation.
have tried to upload pics numerous times here these days but not going even resize it to smaller sizes but not work out. I'll surely work on it.thanks for the gear up once again I really appreciate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
Abolarin91:
His excellence Sanwo-olu promised to tell us everything, soon.

Just as Ambode promised to give us the report of what happened at Lekki Gardens Building Collapse lipsrsealed

How long will it take to extract data from a CCTV camera? 120 hours or weeks? grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
earthrealm:

cheesy grin grin grin grin welcome africa, where people believe in money rituals and sacrifies, yet non of them is in forbes top 100,000 list tongue
I still don't understand that deranged mentality, maybe I never will!
They believes human can fly in form of a witch and non has been able to fly to the nearest city talkless out of the country. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: erico2k2(m), Aduragbemi45(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.